Chapter 4

Fragments
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It’s almost 6:30 PM and Heechul knew that no matter what he does now he’s still going to be late on his 7:00 PM part-time job. He waited earnestly in front of the train door so he can quickly exit as soon as it opens. He quickly waded out of the crowd as soon as he stepped into the platform and almost made it to the station exit stairs when someone suddenly grabbed his arms from behind.

“Ya! Kim Heechul where have you been?” a guy that he cannot recognize suddenly asked him. He was nothing but confused that this guy even knew his name.

“Um, sorry… but do I know you?” Heechul replied as he pulled his arm away from the guy’s grasp.

“Are you kidding me? Ha-ha okay, Heechul that’s funny. Now, please answer my first question.” The guy looked at him with a mix of worry, annoyance and confusion.

As much as Heechul wanted to stop and try to make sense of this scenario, he remembered that he should be running to his part-time job rather than chatting with some random stranger.

“You got the wrong person. Sorry.” He told the guy before turning his back and running up the flight of stairs towards his original destination for tonight.

 

Jungsoo was left speechless with the sudden turn of events. He was left with many things to think about as he stared at the back of the man that is running up the stairs. He stayed on his current position motionless for at least a couple of minutes before his rationality finally came back.

He realized that he was actually blocking the pathway so he proceeded to walk towards the side of the wall but when he finally moved, his left foot suddenly stepped onto something --- a red leather wallet. He quickly picked it up and flipped it open, hoping to see the ID of the owner. He then saw the IDs that he was looking for neatly tucked into each of its partitions. He took out one and instantly recognized the name and photo written on it.

Kim Heechul

It was clearly written on the thin piece of laminated plastic and the photo on it was also clearly printed. Jungsoo was now sure that he was not mistaken and the guy he stopped a while ago was definitely the Heechul that he knows. But how come he didn’t recognize him? Was he pulling a prank on him? Jungsoo was filled with more questions as he tries to slip the ID back to the wallet. He then noticed another small piece of cardboard tucked inside together with some paper bills. He took it out and read what was written on the paper that is apparently a business card of a bar.

Two words were elegantly printed in cursive on the front of the card --- Sapphire Lounge. Jungsoo flipped the small card and saw a nearby address with a simple location map. His fingers pressed on the card tightly as he decided to take his chances and go to this place and meet Heechul --- or whoever that person is.

“I need answers.” He sternly told himself as he walked towards the direction of the said bar.

 

Jungsoo arrived at the address written at the back of the card. The said place was

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter