.3.

A New Shot
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: The moment here aren’t base on the behind the scenes, I wanted to have time for the characters to interact more. So hope you enjoy.

The cool breeze feels nice on my face. I see the few grown-ups walking around, we were all just playing around at the garden, as the adults kept talking with the sisters. Sister Rose was talking with an older man, he had grey hair, and a few wrinkles.

Despite that, he still looks fairly healthy. The reason why he stood out to me was because he kept glancing at me. Sister Rose also notice this and speaks with him, leading him to where the head sister usually works.

I decided to ignore that, and keep playing with my few friends.

“Ray, want to play tag?” My other friend asks me, to which I quickly nodded.

“Sure! Okay on 3.”

“1…2…3!”

A loud ringing echoes, opening my eyes I see I’m in my dorm. Stretching myself, I take a look at my phone and see a slew of messages from the (G)i-dle  girls. The most recent one that woke me up is from Soyeon.

 

From: Soyeon
To: Ray

Hey Ray, you’re ready for later? We’re going to start the 1st day of shooting, Can’t wait to work together later.

 

I smile at the message. It has been a few days since I met the girls, in that time, I started texting them, with Shuhuha, Yuqi and Miyeon starting the exchange. With Soyeon and Minnie, I was the one who started to text them.

For Soojin, I was still hesitant since and it was because she shy. I wanted to get to talk with her in person 1st, to break the ice more. The exchanges with Shuhua and Yuqi were very simple, they mostly told me how their day went, any pranks or jokes they had. They were very friendly girls.

One exchange was them ranting about the other members, Shuhua more so, as she has a rivalry with Miyeon. Since they both liked to be around Soojin, I don’t know if there is more to it. I decided to observe her actions towards their action when I noticed this.

Miyeon despite her very mature age, was just as much part of the younger line than their leader, who is closer in age with the Maknae line. She would typically text me in with emoji’s, some of which went over my head. Honestly I wasn’t much of a text savvy guy, so I mostly replied with text, with the occasional Smiley or Thumbs up.

Most of her text were just simple “good mornings”,” goodnights” and “how are you”. She seemed to want to know more on what I usually do on my free time, which is just me playing around with my midi controller and making simple beats.

Minnie and Soyeon, were the same, but they wanted to know me. From how I got the job, they type of things I like, dislikes, etc. The one thing I haven’t told them was my past, growing up in an orphanage. It was a mixed experience to say the least.

Getting up from my bed, I folded the sheets and prepared breakfast, I decide to reply to Soyeon, after I got myself ready.

Soon enough I was well dressed for our trip, bringing a few towels and an extra shirt just in case. Also brought my camera, since I wanted a better reference point for shots. I got my phone and reply to Soyeon.

 

From: Ray
To: Soyeon

SLR, I had to get ready. I’ll meet the staff at the location, see you later. Let’s do our best for the day!

 

With the quick reply, I began my walk to the office, so Sowon and I could go together. Dayeon couldn’t join us since, he needed to set everything up there.

Arriving at the location, I see it was quite a hot day, the sun was shining down hard. I luckily wore something appropriate, sleeveless white shirt, a hat and glasses. Too bad when we start shooting, I had to remove it, I need to operate the camera from time to time, and wearing glasses while doing it would be hard.  

“Ray, glad you and Sowon got here, we were just about to start the dry run, Dayeon has the girls in make-up.” Leader-nim says, Dayeon right behind him, with a checklist.

“Yep, and Ray, I need you to help set up the camera for the 1st scene, the groups shots. Starting with them in the pink outfits. Sowon how’s the prop for the individual shoots?” Dayeon asks, scanning his list.

“I still need till this afternoon to finish it, it’s actually here in the back, want to check it?” Dayeon nods, and the pair then walk to back of the car.

I then make my way to the camera crew. “So, good morning to you all, I’m San-“ I was caught off by a guy, slightly taller than me.

“Santos, Ray right? Yeah, you’re in charge for the camera set up and the new member of the staff?” I close my mouth, I nod and bow to them.

“Glad to meet you all, so was the script given? So we can set up the shots?” One of them nodded and brought out the paper. Taking a glance I could see few possibilities, the best one would be a still stable shot, then having it zoom on each member, to give them the spotlight.

Relaying that idea to the crew, one of them asks. “So each one individually? Wouldn’t that take time?” I shake my head.

“If we use a panning shot, from left to right, we can give them all their spotlight.” They all nod and we get to work. Not soon after, the girls all step out of the make-up truck. I have to say…they all looked very charming and cute. The clothes really gave off the ethnic and girl crush.

“Oh, Ray-oppa. Did you just get here?” Shuhua asks me with the members behind her.

“Yep, I just have to organ

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter