.5.

A New Shot
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Another morning for me. I woke a bit earlier to get ready, I prepared a well ironed white long-sleeved shirt, black slacks, pair with black shoes and my sleeveless jacket.

Today was the (G)i-dle’s debut, and Soyeon asked me to accompany them for moral support. Seems like most of the staff, the make-up crew and manager were going to. Since they needed to be there to help. I was going since Soyeon asked me to.

A few minutes after getting ready, I hear a notification from my phone. ‘Hmm, an email from CEO-nim?’

Hello,

Good morning Santos-sshi, 1st of all congrats on the completion of (G)I-dle’s debut music video. It is much appreciated. Secondly, I would like to ask for a meeting with you personally. This meeting will be an assessment of how you have been working with the other staff, and with the artist.

You may be attending the debut, so the meeting will happen after the performance, by the afternoon. I hope you can make it on time.

From boss, 
Park Chongnim.

‘An assessment meeting?’ Looking at the email, I take a seat by the bed side. ‘Is this to see if I made any progress?’ I shake my head. Checking the time, I see it’s time to leave.

Standing up, I walk outside, to see my newly bought Scooter. It’s a very standard model, electrical charge 100 cc motor. I was lucky to get it for a fair price.

Getting on and wearing my helmet I make my way to the venue.

Arriving at the back stage, I showed our company I.D to the staff. They allowed me in and I made my way to the dressing rooms. I see a staff member moving to each room, a checklist in hand.

Each room had the artist’s name, written in either Hangul or English letters. After a few minutes of searching I see (G)-Idle’s room. The room they had is next to other cube artists. CLC and Pentagon. ‘Seems like the 3 of our idol groups are here.’ Approaching the door, I hear someone call me.

“Hey, what are you doing here!?” I turn and see a girl not taller than me, long black hair reaching below her shoulder, wearing a black dress. The door of CLC’s opened behind her.

“I’ll ask again, what are you doing here? Are you a staff member?” Fumbling a little, I grab my I.D and show it to her. Taking it she turns to me.

“So you’re a Santos Ray? The new staff at cube?” I nod, trying to utter a word. “Y-Yes, (G)-idle invited me here. I wanted to show my support to them.” I reply with a smile, the girl looking at me with her unwavering eyes.

“Hmm, really? You’ve gotten that close so quick?” She asks, her voice has a certain tone to it. Before I could answer, the dressing room of (G)I-dle’s room open. Revealing Minnie, she turns to me and the girl.

“Oh Sorn! I see you’ve meet Ray.” Her smile, seemingly breaking the stare the girl, Sorn, had on me. She turns to Minnie with a warm smile. “Ahh, yes, we were just talking. You all invited him right?”

Minnie nods. “Well Soyeon asked him, but I suggested it. He was so helpful during our M/V.” Sorn nods and turns back to with, with a smile. “I see, well you should head inside Santos. Go meet the other members, I hope we can talk again soon.”

Minnie nods and grabs my hand, as the door closes, I see Sorn look at me, her smile gone. Before I could process what I saw, Minnie drags me inside and leads me to the sofa.

I see Miyeon, Yuqi and Soojin in makeup. They were busy getting their faces done for the performance, Shuhua was with Soyeon, and they were going through choreography.

“Guys, Ray is here now.” Minnie calls, both girls practicing the dance turn to me. Approaching with a smile, Shuhua greets with her cheerful voice.

“Ray-Oppa! So glad you came.” I nod with a smile. “Well I wouldn’t want to miss your debut. How are you all feeling?”

“Nervous, it’ll be our deb

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter