.7.

A New Shot
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

I don't know why I've been dwelling on what Minnie, We're just friends...right? I scratch my head in frustration. The break was over, and now I was just doing some promotional work for the girls. Making some online posters for the album. 

Ever since that day, I've been more distracted than usual. One example was...

...

"Ray! Why are you staring into space?" Leader-nim called out during a staff meeting. 

"H-Huh? I-Sorry sir!" I bow profoundly, making everyone chuckle. 

..

Another was when I was getting Sowon a cup of water. "Ray you must be thristy...but You should probably get a mop."  One of my co-workers said. Looking down I didn't noticed the cups was already full, and I overfilled the cup, causing a some water to spill on the floor. 

"Sorry Sunbae." I say bowing, but as I was walking away, I slipped on the puddle. "Ack!" I lost my balance and felt my back hit the floor hard. 

"Wow! Hey, you need to be careful. Look let me call the janitor, and get you to the clinic. Luckily we have one for the staff here." I look at him and nod slowly. 

..

After that little incident, I was just told to watch where I step now. I tried to focus, but it was no use. I keep scathing my head and I though I heard someone call me. Geuss-

"Ray!" Someone calls out and places a hand on my shoulder. "Ahh!" I jump from my chair and see Dayeon looking at me weirdly. "Hey, calm down, it's just me. Why are you so jumpy today?"

"Me jumpy? I don-" 

"Don't give me that...Look let's talks outside." he says, motioning to the other staff no looking at me, some snickering. "What's with Ray-sshi, not enough coffee?" One guys says to his seat mate. 

"Fine." I say as we make our way outside. 

...

"Here, have sip." He says offering a bottle of water. I nod and drink it. "Now you ready to tell me what's bothering you?" 

I stare at him and chuckle. "It's nothing, I was just really sleepy." 

"Sleepy huh? Nothing to do with anyone right?" He says, I instinctively look away. "Aha, so it's about someone, anyone we know in particular?" He says nudging my arm. 

"No, someone from outside work. So how was your date with your girl by the way?" I say, trying to change the subject.

He chuckles, but begins talking. "Sure...Well the date went pretty good, we watched this pretty okay romance comedy movie she wanted to see. So back to you, a girl from outside of work huh? How did you meet if you don't mind me asking?"

I was now sweating...Don't get me wrong I would tell these two, but from how CEO-Nim valued the girls, if he knew he would have a field day with me. Risking my job...'Sorry about this'.

"I met her during my 1st break here, she a uh very shy so she would feel uncomfortable letting people know her work. All I can say her work is also in entertainment, so you I think it's her company policy." I say, making sure I can cover this up very well. 

Dayeon was now looking at me, questionably. "Huh really? So a girl who likes her privacy, I mean I rarely find those kind of people, but Seoul is a big city. Still I hope you two will work out." He say

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter