.1.

A New Shot
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Moving somewhere new is a first for me, especially since I’m in a new Country. Let’s start at the beginning.

I’m Ray Santos, a 20 year old guy from the Philippines. I’m just over 5’5 or 165 cm. brown eyes and black hair. Pretty average I must say.

A fresh graduate from a trimester school, which meant 3 semesters in a year, meaning I finished my course within 3 years. I took up communications, and learned photography and film making during my high school days. Since then I have been making a living doing freelance work, mostly local magazines and businesses.

I also took an interest in Korean culture, and no it’s not because kpop influenced me. I just like Korea in general, so I learn Hangul while in college.

This help me passed their language exam, which was needed to get a job here. I applied to an entertainment company here, Cube Entertainment.

From what I read, they produce Kpop artist, but they have gone through a few issues. Dating scandals and a few artist have left them. That didn’t really bother me, since they were looking for more staff in their production team.

So that’s pretty much the important stuff right now, and why I’m heading to Korea.

*Beep*

“Attention all passengers this is your captain speaking, we are now beginning our descent to Incheon International Airport, Seoul Korea. We hope you enjoyed your flight, and from our crew we hope you have safe travels.

We will soon land within 15 minutes, so please secure your seat belts.”

*Beep*

“Well this is it.” I wore my belt as I wait for the plane to land. A cube representative should be waiting for me.

Half an hour later…

Well that took long, but I just landed in Korea. I got my luggage and went looking for the cube staff. A few minutes of looking I see a guy holding up the Cube logo.

“Hi, you must be from Cube right? I’m Ray Santos.” I bow to him and offer him a handshake.

“Nice to meet you, I’m Jung Sowon. Part of the production team. We should head to Cube so you can meet CEO-nim.” He shakes my hand and leads me to a black van.

I place my luggage in the back and enter the van. We then begin moving.

“So, how should I call you? Sowon Sunbaenim or Sowon-sshi?” I asks him, he shrugs.

“I’m not really particular. Go with what feels right.”

“Okay Sowon-sshi. So how long have you been in cube?” I ask him, trying to make conversation.

“A little over 3 years now. We were glad to see a foreign applicant actually. I was one of the few who got see your portfolio. It was one of the good ones we received this year.” I slightly blush from the compliment. I mostly sent them some graphic designs, a few landscape photos, with a mix of portraits as well.

“I appreciate it Sowon-sshi, I’m just happy I got accepted, I just need to do the interview. What’s Ceo-nim like by the way?” He thinks for a moment as we approach a stop light.

“He is a little strict, but does what he can for the company. I’m sure you’ve heard of the dating rumors?” I nod, reading about it.

“He usually keeps things pretty tight lipped, dispatch especially makes it harder for investors to help funds us. We are just hoping for best right now. Especially with the new group.” I remember reading about that, but only reading on who the leader is.

“The one that will debut with Jeon So-yeon?” Sowon nods.

“Yep, the company is really counting on them. CLC is still great, but a new group could change things for us. She already has 2 solos plus appearing on Unpretty Rapstar gave her the leverage to promote.” I could only nod as we approach the cube building, we went to the underground parking and greet the guard.

Getting my luggage from the van, we enter the building. We were greeted by a receptionist.

“Hello Sowon-sshi. Is this the new staff for the production team?” Sowon nodded, the receptionist typing in her laptop.

“Mr. Park Choongnim is waiting for him in his Office. What’s your name?” I turn to her and bow.

“Hello, I’m Ray Santos. Nice to meet you.” She nods and points to an elevator.

“Just take that elevator to the top floor. He should be expecting you.” I nod and turn to Sowon-sshi.

“You can leave your luggage with me, I’ll take it to the dorm. Here’s my number to, text me when you are done.” I nod and we exchange numbers.

“Thank you Sowon-sshi. See you later!” I say as I step on the elevator, him nodding.

A few minutes later, I soon reach the top floor. I see his office ahead of me and I begin walking. A few things begin popping in my mind.

Should I be more carefree or should I be as formal as possible? Sowon-sshi did mention he is a little strict so being formal, but friendly should be good. Okay Ray, keep calm and be positive! So I’m a little nervous, since I though my interview was with the head of production, I didn’t think it would be with the head of the company. Okay almost there, be natural and professional.

I knock on the door, and hear a stern male voice.

“Come in.” I slowly open the door and meet my new boss, Mr. Park Chongmin. I walk until I am in front of his table.

“Hello, I’m Ray Santos. It’s an honor to meet you CEO-nim.” I bow and meet his gaze.

“Hello Mr. Santos, I’m Park Chongnim. CEO of Cube, Take a seatt if you would.” Sitting down, he opens a brown envelope, with

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter