.2.

A New Shot
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It’ been a couple minutes since the meeting went on break. I notice how active Soyeon was in this meeting, since she already has experience in making an m/v from her solo work, she quickly gave out suggestion for the scenes. 

Since she produced the song, she already had a plan on how she wanted the m/v to come out. To me, what stuck out where the other members. One thing was Yuqi, who backed up Soyeon and also gave input on the matter. However, if she didn’t have a suggestion, she would remain silent and observed what Soyeon and Leader-nim were talking about.

The other member were paying attention to, but Shuhua and Miyeon would be messing with each other. The younger of the two would be the 1st to start the teasing, either by making fun of Miyeon’s face, or pinching her arm.

Miyeon would act childish, from what I have seen. She would instantly try and get back it Shuhuha, in which the younger girl would have Soojin defend her…The said girl looking disinterested in their fight. She seemed the far more normal one among them, but it was hard to read her really.

Minnie paid attention, and like Yuqi, would support Soyeon in any suggestion. Leader-nim knew more about what we could manage with the time, what needed to be prepared. So I mostly just listened to the meeting, not giving much of an input.

Whenever I was called, I would just give a passive response, just agreeing to the suggestion being made. If anything, I was still trying to get my bearings on things here. Though they were a few things I wanted to say, I thought it best to follow what they would say, since they are more experience in making an m/v.

I notice Leader-nim walk up to me. “Santos-sshi, what did you think about the meeting? I wanted to see how you were doing since you’re a new member and all.”

“Ahh, honestly speaking, I’m still adjusting. From what I’ve been able to piece together, were aiming for a more ethnic concept. Which is a new direction for a girl group debut.” Leader-nim nods his head.

“Yep, most debut groups stick with the standard girl-crush concept, but sticking with the Korean roots. I’m just glad we have more staff now. Why don’t you talk with the girls, it might help you know the better, since you’ll be working with them.” I nodded with a smile.

“Yeah, thanks Leader-nim.” I bow to him and make my way to Soyeon.  ‘Better to start with the leader, since I’ll listen to most of her instructions.’

...

Approaching her, I see she is talking with Yuqi and Miyeon. “What did you girls think so far? About having pink clothes to show our ethnic concept?” She asks her members.

“I think it’ll look great Soyeon, especially on our cutest member!” Miyeon exclaims as she hug Yuqi, who looks annoyed at the sudden hug.

“Unnie, stop teasing me!” She whines cutely. Causing the two older girls to laugh, Soyeon sees me approach them.

“Ah, Hello.” She bows, causing the other two to turn and greet me as well.

“Hello, Soyeon-sshi, Miyeon-shi, and Yuqi-sshi. I’m Santos, Ray, a new staff, it’s nice to meet you!” I bow.

“Nice to meet you Santos-sshi. As you know I’m Soyeon the leader of (G)i-dle. Miyeon here is the oldest and the main vocalist. Yuqi is also a vocalist and dancer, she is also the second youngest. So you’re the new staff from Philippines was it?” She asks, in which I nod with a smile.

“Yep, that’s right, I just got here yesterday. I’m still adjusting here, but I hope we work well together.” She nods, Yuqi then speaks up.

“Oh Philippines, I’ve heard about it. I’m also a foreigner too, from China. It can be pretty intimidating being in a new country right?” she asks.

“Yep, I was lucky enough to pass the online application. China huh? I’m guessing you moved here at a young age?” My question was answered by a simple nod.

“Yep me and Shuhua, the youngest member came here around the same time. She’s from Taiwan, and Minnie-Unnie is from Thailand.” I take note of that, a group of half internationals and half Kore

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter