Chapter 2

What Love Taught
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Dara patiently waited for the dryer to stop. It’s true she found Donghae cute but she couldn’t forgive herself for smelling his shirt before putting it in the washer. Was she just curious if he smelled as good as he looks? When the dryer beeped, she took out the shirt and went downstairs to hand it over. The band was busy practicing and her eyes instinctively sought out Donghae. He was playing the guitar and Dara didn’t mean to stare but he looked so good while doing it. Donghae looked up and saw Dara staring. Dara wanted to look away because she got caught but his eyes had a certain softness and loneliness to them. She automatically felt like she wanted to comfort him and tell him everything will be alright. Then Donghae smiled and she was a goner.

 

Thunder: Earth to noona...where is the snack you promised?

 

Dara: Oh yeah right...here give this to him...(hurrying up the stairs to hide her embarrassment, get a hold of yourself Dara, she thought).

 

Thunder: Here hyung, you don’t need to change again, you can wear my shirt for now.

 

Donghae: Oh okay, thank you.

 

Donghae wondered why Dara was staring. He actually didn’t mean to smile but when they locked eyes he just couldn’t help it. 

 

Thunder: Okay guys, I think that’s enough for today. My parents will be arriving soon but maybe we could eat first before you guys leave

 

Eunhyuk: Good, I’m actually hungry, hope there’s some ramyeon

 

Thunder: Yeah, or maybe just chips. That’s the only thing about my noona, she’s not a good cook so for the person who’s interested, you need to know how to cook

 

Donghae looked around to see who Thunder was talking to.

 

Thunder: I meant you, hyung. Everyone else here has been friend-zoned by noona except you.

 

Donghae looked at Hyukjae.

 

Hyukjae: Don’t look at me, I’d rather be brother-zoned.

 

Thunder: Oh yeah almost forgot you used to have a thing for Durami noona (replying to Hyukjae). 

 

Donghae: It’s amazing how you’re so comfortable talking about your sisters and their admirers.

 

Thunder: For me, as long as they love and respect my sisters, I will be supportive. It’s a different story if you guys end up hurting them though.

 

Hyukjae: I would never have done that.

 

Thunder: Good to know.

 

Hyukjae: Where is Durami by the way?

 

Thunder: Ballet practice.

 

Hyukjae: Oh I see.

 

They went up to meet Dara in the dining room. She had the table ready for the group. Donghae waited for the opportunity to lock eyes with her again but she was avoiding his gaze. Durami arrived and joined them while Dara told them to clean up afterwards as she went up the stairs.

 

Durami: I didn’t know you guys were here, I would have gone home earlier...

 

Thunder: Yeah, it would have been nice to have you watch, noona did not stay to watch us like you do

 

Durami: Oh why is that?

 

Thunder: Long story...

 

Durami: Oh okay

 

Hyukjae: Hi Durami...

 

Durami: Hi oppa, long time no see.

 

Hyukjae: Yeah, nice to see you again.

 

Durami: Well, you guys take care of this mess. I still have some homework to do.

 

Thunder: Yah! Noona said we should clean this up!

 

Durami: Am I the one who invited your group here? Shouldn’t the host take care of everything?

 

Hyukjae: It’s okay I’ll help him.

 

Durami: Thanks oppa! See you!

 

Thunder: That’s how she gets away with anything.

 

Donghae: I’ll help too. 

 

Thunder: Awesome! You guys can take care of it then. I’ll clean up the basement.

 

Durami went straight to Dara’s room. She definitely noticed the new guy and she wondered what her unnie thought of him. 

 

Durami: Unnie, are you busy?

 

Dara: Have they left already?

 

Durami: No they’re still here, why? 

 

Dara: Nothing...

 

Durami: Ooooh I knew it, that new guy is definitely your type. Is that why you can’t stand being around the group?

 

Dara: Who noticed?

 

Du

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter