Chapter 8

What Love Taught
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Dara looked around the apartment her family lives in. She will have to move them to another place, this looks more cramped than her apartment in Paris. She doesn’t think the four of them can live here.

 

She could hear her mom’s voice. Dara’s eyes welled up just thinking about how she coped with all things that happened. 

 

Mrs. Park: Why are you in a hurry for me to cook? If you were hungry you should have bought take out?

 

Then their mom realized why her children were leading her to the kitchen. Dara is finally home. They both broke down. Dara looked at her mom’s face and could see how the incident took a toll on her. She looked gaunt and older. They hugged and her siblings joined in. They stayed that way for a while then Dara broke away and said that they were going out to dinner, just like the time before she left for Paris.

 

Thunder said he knew a place and he had a discount. Dara didn’t mind where it was as long as they were together. When they got into the restaurant, they got ushered in to a private room. Dara was glad it was a Korean restaurant, she missed authentic Korean dishes.

 

Dara: So mom, first things first, we have to move out of the apartment. My new position provides me with an allowance to get a sizable place.

 

Mrs. Park: Congratulations on your promotion Dara (starting to cry again)

 

Dara: Mom, let’s not cry anymore. I’m here now and from now on I’ll take care of all of you. Now, you two....(talking to her siblings) I understand you quit studying because you didn’t want to burden me any further but I think I can afford to let you go back to school now so...

 

Durami: Thank you unnie! I hate working at the cafe. 

 

Thunder: I love my job so you can let noona finish first then maybe I can do it later

 

Dara: Why? What job are you in?

 

Thunder: (Changing the topic) Oh look, our food’s here

 

Dara: (was curious why Thunder changed the topic but she was starving so she let it go for now) Ohhh I missed this

 

Her family looked on as she enjoyed tasting all of the dished served

 

Durami: It’s good to have you back unnie!

 

Donghae always drops by his mom’s restaurant before he goes home. It is a way to make up for him moving out before he was thirty. His brother still lived with her. They both managed the place. He asked them if they would like to start a business and that was what they decided to put up.

 

Donghae: Hi mom, how’s it going?

 

Mrs. Lee: Just fine, we still have a few people here but we’re about to close.

 

Donghae: Oh I see, do you need me to help you with anything?

 

Mrs. Lee: Maybe you can refill the napkin holders, you know where the stock room is, right?

 

Donghae: Yup, where’s hyung?

 

Mrs. Lee: He left early, he has a date

 

Donghae: Good for him

 

Mrs. Lee: Yeah? How about you?

 

Donghae: Mom, not again with your blind dates

 

Mrs. Lee: Let me know if you change your mind

 

Donghae went down the hall to get to the stock room which was next to the restrooms. He looked down for a second and then he bumped into someone. This can’t be real. He just bumped into Dara just like when they first met. Dara looked at him like she also can’t believe it. They stood there for quite a while before Dara spoke.

 

Dara: Donghae? What are you doing here?

 

Donghae: (He couldn’t speak, she’s always had this effect on him) I...napkins...

 

Dara: What?!

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter