Chapter 6

What Love Taught
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Dara went straight to her room after they got home. She heard a knock on the door and saw Durami enter her room.

 

Durami: Unnie, are you okay?

 

Dara: Yeah...

 

Durami: I don’t know what happened between the two of you but I guess that’s for the better right? Wouldn’t it be hard to continue a long distance relationship?

 

Dara: (Sighed) I guess so, I just wish I knew why all of it just stopped

 

Durami: Why don’t you ask him directly? Give him a call or go to the graduation tomorrow. 

 

Dara: And do what exactly?

 

Durami: I know what happened between you and Joon-pyo traumatized you but don’t you want to find out why he just stopped communicating with you?

 

Dara: What good would it do? I’m leaving in two days?

 

Durami: I don’t know about you but I really don’t like any what-ifs in my life.

 

Dara: Oh like as if you have told Yunho about how you feel about him

 

Durami: I already did

 

Dara: For real? What did he say? 

 

Durami: He told me to finish my studies first

 

Dara: (Laughing) Did he pat you the in the head while saying that?

 

Durami: You know what, I think he did...

 

Dara: (Laughing even more) Oh you made my night, you are so funny

 

Durami: Glad to entertain you as always (Durami said sarcastically) At least I’m not a coward like you...(hurriedly leaving Dara’s room before her unnie gets mad)

 

Dara thought about what Durami said. Maybe she needs to find out what happened so that she can move on with her life in Paris. The next day, she didn’t tell anything that she was planning to attend the graduation. She made sure to arrive when it was almost done so that she’ll get a chance to talk Donghae. It was after school so her siblings are probably on their way home. She messaged Durami to cover for her in case her Dad asked where she was. 

 

Dara patiently waited outside the auditorium, then a few minutes later she saw people coming out of the place. She looked for Donghae among the crowd. She finally saw him with his family, they were taking pictures when a girl approached them and probably asked to have a picture taken with him. The girl was beautiful and she seemed close to Donghae. It seems that his family also knew her and just as Dara was about to approach them, the girl and Donghae hugged. It was not just a friendly hug, it was a hug that lingered, and Dara felt hurt, jealous, and mad at the same time. So this was the reason he no longer called, Dara told herself. Why does she always fall for guys who are obviously not interested in her? She was about to leave when Hyukjae called her.

 

Hyukjae: Dara noona! I didn’t know you were going to attend the graduation?

 

Dara: I’m just looking for Thunder, congratulations, I have to go now 

 

Hyukjae: Okay, but...noona wait...

 

Dara walked away hurriedly before her tears start falling. She was so stupid to follow Durami’s advice. She got her answer and it’s time for her forget about him.

 

Donghae: Yah! Hyukjae! We haven’t taken a picture together yet.

 

Hyukjae: Did you know that Dara noona was just here a while ago?

 

Donghae: Are you sure it’s her?

 

Hyukjae: Yeah, I even talked to her she said she was looking for Thunder

 

Donghae: How long ago has she left?

 

Hyukjae: Just now...

 

Donghae: My family wants us to have dinner after this...I wonder if I can still meet her this evening

 

Hyukjae: Isn’t she supposed to leave tomorrow? 

 

Donghae: Yes, and if she went her

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter