Chapter 11

What Love Taught
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Dara has finally settled in to her new work  the past few weeks. She didn’t realize that being in charge allowed her to have more free time since she can delegate tasks. Free time that she can spend with Donghae. It’s Friday and she’s looking forward to the party Donghae was bringing her to. She has not met Shindong and Siwon, and she would like to see Hyukjae again. She wondered what she could bring as a gift. She remembered they have a men’s line and maybe one of their men’s cologne would be a good enough gift. Dara dialed her assistant’s line.

 

Dara: Hi! Can you check if we have a gift set for our latest men’s cologne?

 

Assistant: Yeah, I think we have one. Did you want it gift wrapped as well?

 

Dara: Yes, please, thank you.

 

It was almost time to leave but then she realized she has not given Donghae any gift since they met. She felt guilty that she would give someone else a gift before him, so she went down to the store to find something for Donghae even if there was no special occasion. 

 

She smiled while the sales clerk wrapped her gift. She hopes he likes it. She can’t believe she found something like that in their store. Her phone rang and it was Donghae, he’s always on time.

 

Dara greeted Donghae with a kiss as she got in the car. 

 

Donghae: (Smiling) Hi, how has your day been?

 

Dara: Awesome, you?

 

Donghae: I’ve been looking forward to this all week. I knew not to bother you because of the launch. I really missed you.

 

Dara: And I missed you too...(Dara held Donghae’s hand) wait...before we leave I want to give this to you..

 

Donghae: What is it? What’s the occasion?

 

Dara: I don’t know if you remember, and this is not the exact date, but it was September when we first met.

 

Donghae: I remember..

 

Dara: Here...Open it..(giving Donghae the box)

 

Donghae opened the box and saw a shirt similar to what he wore years ago.

 

Donghae: This looks like...

 

Dara: M-hmm (nodding)

 

Donghae: (Giving Dara a quick kiss) Thank you...I love it...I love you...

 

Dara: I love you more

 

Donghae: (Letting out a sigh) I don’t know when I’m going to get used to hearing you say that, I hope I don’t.

 

Dara: I’ll say it as often as I can. You know what? I have a confession to make..

 

Donghae: What?

 

Dara: The shirt you wore that day? I kind of smelled it before I put in the washer...

 

Donghae: Why? Were you trying to check if I had body odor?

 

Dara: (Laughing) No, I was trying to check if you smelled as good as you look.

 

Donghae: (Laughing) What?! Can you say that again please? (reaching out to give Dara another kiss)

 

Dara: Stop it! We’re never going to make it on time.

 

Donghae: Then you shouldn’t have started it. Wow, I never thought anyone could be this happy

 

Dara: Me too. 

 

Hyukjae gave Dara a hug when he saw her.

 

Hyukjae: Noona! Long time no see!

 

Dara: Hi Hyukjae, how have you been?

 

Hyukjae: Busy. I can’t believe it when Donghae told me you were finally together. I had to see it with my own eyes.

 

Dara: Yeah, it’s long overdue, don’t you think?

 

Hyukjae: Yup, I’m so happy for you guys.

 

Donghae: Dara, I’d like you to meet Shindong

 

Dara: Hi, nice to meet you. Happy birthday (handing him her gift) This is from both of us

 

Shindong: I highly doubt that. This is from the new luxury brand, right? Donghae won’t spend that much on me. Thank you Dara, or should I call you

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter