5 years later (pt.1)

The Boy Who Noticed Me

(A/N)-So just to be clear, within this chapter the events take place after you have graduated from college and it's been 5 years since you last saw Mark or even heard from him. You still kept in touch with Yeri as the two of you were now roommates and you were basically someone who's become a workaholic and homebody (meaning nothing about you has actually ever changed). Enjoy!


(Your POV)-

You had just gotten home from work which was being a PR for a media company you had been accepted into, so your life was pretty busy as you had events to attend and never really stayed much time at home other than the weekends.

Yeri being the more outgoing one as usual was always out on dates every night and so you never knew when she was going to get back so basically you lived alone but she would always leave food for you since she knew you can't cook.

As for your love life, let's just say that you've been on some blind dates from time to time but none of the guys ever left a huge impression on you since Mark. You tried to forget about him as you even went ahead and blocked him on all of your social media accounts but at the same time you knew in your heart that you still liked him.

But unfortunately as of recently on his VSCO account you saw that he was spending time with one girl from his "friend group" in particular as most of his photos were of her which led you to understand that he's moved on.

(Your thoughts: "what was I thinking? why would he still think or care about me after all these years? I should just give up on him for my own good")

On most nights you cried thinking about him in your sleep and on other nights you had dreams about him where the two of you were living inside of a happy ending.

To distract you from your thoughts right at that moment you got a text from Johnny:

(Johnny)-Hey I brought Chinese food and I'm right outside your door so plz open up

(smiling at his text you go and open your door)

(You)-you shouldn't have I know how busy you are (you say as the two of you place the food on the table)

(Johnny)-I always have time for you my little sister, and I know how hard it's been for you this past month so I thought that I should come over so you have company

(You)-How've you been? any new girl in your life?

(Johnny)-Well since you asked I am currently seeing someone (he says showing you a pic of her)

(You)-Did you meet her at work?

(Johnny)-Actually at the bar I currently part-time at until I find a real job

The two of you then spent the night talking and watching a movie as always and as much as you didn't want to admit it you enjoyed Johnny's company that night. As although the two of you were just friends the cuddles during movies always made you feel better.


(A couple weeks later)-

You were sitting at a cafe just finishing the rest of your report when you got a text from Yeri out of the blue:

(Yeri)-CHECK HIS VSCO NOW!

(You)-what is it now I don't need to now how happy he is with his gf plus how many times have I told you I moved on

(Yeri)-He's in town! I heard he lives near the cafe you're always at.

(You)-Ugh fine I'll check it out

You saw on his vsco account that he had taken a photo at the cafe you were in with his gf as he captured them holding hands

(You)-"ugh I hate couples" (you whispered to yourself) before heading back to work since this was your lunch break and you once again barely had time to eat anything

(At work you couldn't help but thinking about different scenarios of you running into him)-

(Scenario 1)- You find out he's one of the new employees in the office but it's the kind of situation where he only talks to you when no ones around and you realize he worked to get into this company to see you again

(Scenario 2)- You run into him on your way home and see him and his gf walking in your direction but immediately recognizing you he comes up to you and you put on that fake smile of yours as you have to shake his gf's hand. But after catching up with both of them you realize why he likes her so much and that you'd never compare to her.

(Scenario 3)-He turns out to be your next door neighbor and the two of you begin your relationship as friends again but after a year or 2 you finally let him know about your feelings and yeah you can figure out the rest in your head...

You were then interrupted by your co-worker Wendy who was always done with her work ahead of time and would basically save your whenever the boss caught you not doing your work.

(Wendy)-Did you finish your part of the report for our presentation tomorrow?

(You)-Yeah I'll go ahead and email it to you now

(Wendy)-Why were you in such a long train of thoughts?

(You)-Oh it's nothing I've just haven't been getting enough sleep lately that's all

(Wendy)-Really? since it looked like you were thinking about a boy or should I say a manz

(You)-Alright fine you got me, my ex-crush is back in town with a new gf and I don't know how to feel about and on how I would react if I saw him again

(Wendy)-But it's not really a problem don't you think?

(You)-What do you mean by that?

(Wendy)-Well since it's not like the two of you got into a messy breakup or something, I think this is just a sign that you might have a second chance with him.

(You)-He's in a relationship right now though and I'm not that kind of person to just ruin a relationship

(Wendy)-It's not bad to be selfish for once in your life, otherwise how will he truly know how you feel about him. How about this...next time you see him tell him how you feel ("obviously when she's not around"-she said whispering)

Wendy then walked off to go make copies of the presentation


The next day

You kept thinking about Wendy's advice in your head while you were walking towards your front door while holding your Thai food takeout that you had bought on the way.

(Your thoughts-"it's not like he's going to show up as my neighbor or anything like in the romcoms right?" you said while sighing to yourself while opening the door with your key)

It was then to your surprise that you saw Mark and Yeri at your table setting up dinner and all you could do was drop your takeout and walk out of the apartment to take a breathe and understand the situation.

Meanwhile with the conversation inside the apartment...

(Mark to Yeri)-I told you this plan wasn't going to work

(Yeri to Mark)-She still likes you I mean whenever I bring you up in conversation she still manages to get shy and smile every time

(Mark to Yeri)-When are we going to tell her the truth?

(Yeri to Mark)-We will soon don't worry

What are both Mark and Yeri hiding from you? Is there still a chance for you and Mark to be together?

To be continued