He remembers me?

The Boy Who Noticed Me

(Your POV)-

After giving yourself that short pep talk you finally got the courage to introduce yourself to the group of classmates sitting at the table you were assigned to and without hesitation you had realized that there was no more seats except for the one next to him.

You began leading the group discussion by sharing your thoughts on the reading and asked questions so that it wouldn't just be you talking for 30mins

Now I know what you are all thinking "did he say anything to you? did he offer to participate when you asked the questions?"

Sorry to disappoint everyone but no he actually was not paying attention to you at all as he was listening to music on his airpods and looking at his phone the entire time which gave you the wrong impression of him entirely in comparison to when you first met him.

The one time he did end up talking was to ask you/the person next to you: "what was the reading again?" which only made it more clear he wasn't listening to anything you were saying which of course pissed you off slightly

But being the professional you are you answered with "we read this article (insert title) from this author (insert name) did you not do the reading"

He then answered with a simple no before going back to look at his phone

After that encounter you realized that he was not the type of person you imagined him to be and I know that sounds ridiculous since you can't know someone from just seeing them twice a week, but knowing that he was the type of student who would show up late and never contribute to a group discussion only made you less attracted to him for the time being.

Ohh right you should probably start referring to him as Mark now since it's like week 3 into the quarter but you weren't used to saying his name mostly because the two of you are not exactly close and you were actually ok with that.


2 weeks later

Your student organization was hosting another event for the quarter which meant that you and your co-workers had to split up and hang posters in every building on campus.

Having done this for 2 years now you got used to the process of going on every floor of the building you were assigned to without complaining since you figured this was one of the only occasions where you could "workout" from walking up 3 flights of stairs.

However on this day you were assigned to a building alone which meant that you didn't have someone to help you with the tape and so you ended up holding the tape in your mouth while you hung up each poster with the strips of tape you had previously ripped off.

As you were heading to the final floor you realized that the bulletin board only had space towards the top and being 5'3 that was always a challenge and so you ended up jumping looking like a fool...that was until you heard a male voice behind you

(?)-Need some help?

(You)-Yeah that'd be great thank you (you said turning around to see that it was Mark)

He then took the tape from your mouth and proceeded to hang up the poster easily with you awkwardly just standing next to him

(Mark)-I see now you want my help (he said while handing you back your tape)

(You)-Wait what? you remembered me this entire time?

(Mark)-I did

(You)-Why haven't you said anything to me then?

(Mark)-I didn't think it was necessary to

(You)-Well thank for helping me today and that day as well

(Mark)-Why are you thanking me for that day? you rejected my offer remember?

(You)-I'm thanking you because most guys would've just walked past me without saying anything so I appreciated that from you

(Mark)-Oh I see, I should get going now but I'll see on Tuesday then Y/N-ah (he said waving bye while smiling) and man as much as you hated to admit it he has such a nice smile that makes it impossible for you to be unattracted to him

You then thought to yourself: "maybe he's not the kind of guy I thought he was I kind of like that he's just always there when I need him...should I give him a chance?"

To be continued