Monte Cristo

Blue Betta the remix

Yuna and Yeji are peacefully sleeping when Jinsoul wakes them up in the middle of the night, “hey babies mommy has something to tell you guys.” The twins wake up as quick as they can and crawl up to Jinsoul’s side. Hugging them close she tries to hush the tears running down her face. But they’re freely flowing down her cheeks without any signs of stopping.

It’s short of a miracle. 

Jinsoul hasn't stopped smiling in the past two weeks. “You guys are gonna be big sisters.” She chokes out and squeezes them tightly against her. 

Yuna is the first to ask, “big sisters?”

Nodding and kissing her daughter on the head she excitedly explains, “mommy is having baby. It’s gonna be tiny and grow up to be like you guys.” Yuna and Yeji look at each other and start squealing with Jinsoul, they all sound the same. And even harmonize the screams of delight, but Jinsoul remembers her wife is sleeping and quietens the two down with a hush. 

“You gotta keep it a secret though. I haven’t told momma yet.” They both nod and cross their hearts they won’t tell. Jinsoul manages to squeeze Yuna and Yeji into one bed, crawling underneath the covers with them. With both of her daughters in her arms sleeping soundly she cries the rest of the night.

Thinking of how it would feel to have another tiny girl curled up in her embrace.  

The next morning Jinsoul wakes up her babies and starts to feed them breakfast. She goes to also wake up her wife who was spread out on the mattress in her absence.

Shaking her shoulder, Sooyoung wakes up with a snort and looks around crazily. Half her face indented from how she was sleeping on her arm and her eyes bloodshot from the deep sleep, “ugh give me five more minutes.” Jinsoul sighs and gives her wife a sloppy kiss before leaving her alone. These days it was harder to get Sooyoung up then it was for the kids.

Getting in the shower she lets the warm water flow over her. Happy to get some peace for herself. Except that peace is ruined when her grumpy wife breaks open the curtain. Jinsoul stares at Sooyoung as she bulldozes her way in the shower and takes Jinsoul’s spot under the warm water. 

Blinking she watches Sooyoung hog the water all up without even showering. Jinsoul shoves her away and starts to hog the water herself. Sooyoung huffs and frowns at her before pulling her away to switch spots again, “you little…” Sooyoung giggles at her before smacking some of the water in her face. Jinsoul shields her eyes from the tiny prickles of water and smacks around to land a hit on Sooyoung’s hip making her wife scream out in pain. 

Their play fight ends with Jinsoul in a predicament. She’s shoved against the shower wall while Sooyoung presses her back onto her, continuing to shower while trapping Jinsoul, “you think those chicken legs can really hold me here?”

Sooyoung hums, “that’s the plan.” Jinsoul kicks the back of Sooyoung’s knee and her wife goes flying due to the soap being on the bottom. Jinsoul tries her best to save Sooyoung from flipping upside down but only ends up getting her wife tangled in the shower curtain.

Jinsoul stands, mouth wide open staring at Sooyoung who was half in the shower and half hanging out of it. Most of her body was covered by the now torn down shower curtain. Except for her that was hanging out, Jinsoul of course takes the opportunity to pat it as Sooyoung lays limp. “You okay Sooyoungie?” 

She gets no response, so she pokes Sooyoung’s booty. Jinsoul sees her life flash before her eyes when Sooyoung drags her down in the chaos, their floor is ruined and the shower curtain is done for. 

Sooyoung tries to start a wrestling match but Jinsoul’s quick to stop it. When Sooyoung’s hands are digging into her waist she presses her palm into the woman’s face, “WAIT! DON’T YOU START!”

“ME? YOU KNOCKED ME OUT THE TUB?” 

Jinsoul stares for a minute, she was either going to get mauled to death or she could easily get herself out of it. 

“I’m pregnant.” 

The shuffling stops and Jinsoul holds her breath. Sooyoung then starts to tear away the shower curtain that was around them so that she can look Jinsoul in the eyes. Jinsoul waits patiently and has to swallow when she sees Sooyoung’s face.

Droplets of water fall down the contorted features, her hair hanging above Jinsoul’s face. It doesn’t take seconds for tears to form. “W-what?” Sooyoung starts to hyperventilate, her breaths coming out short and whipsy, “Jinsoul?” 

Only replying with a smile she raises up to hold her sobbing wife in her arms, “shhhh Sooyoung it’s okay.” 

A shaking hand hovers over her stomach, pressing on top as gently as ever. Sooyoung is still blubbering and Jinsoul just holds her wife’s face to her chest because Sooyoung didn’t have the prettiest crying face and kisses her on top of the head to calm her down. “So you can’t be rough with me anymore.” 

Jinsoul pats her wife’s head, Sooyoung was sometimes worse than Yeji and Yuna when it came to horse playing...Jinsoul felt like she was a mom to three kids and now she was gonna be one to a fourth one. 

But as long as it was with Sooyoung.

She’d have as many children as she could

~~~~

“Mommy what about this?” Yuna holds up a piece of bread, with cool whip, hot sauce...pineapples and m&ms. Not counting the hotdog laid on top with peanut butter and jelly drowned on it. Jinsoul looks at the monstrosity in Yuna’s hand and pretends to be pleased.

“Awe baby it looks so good!” Struggling to reach out her five year old hands it to her. Jinsoul pokes it, before swiping a pineapple that wasn’t tainted by everything. Popping it in she grins, “‘mmmm delicious!” Yuna screams and claps her hands running in circles.

It isn’t second laters until Yeji and Sooyoung are right there beside her. “What was on today’s menu chef Yuna?” Sooyoung seriously asks her daughter while Yeji gags at the plate in Jinsoul’s hands.

Sooyoung nudges her daughter to stop as the other one catches it. Yuna narrows her eyes at Yeji but answers her mom, “weiner surprise times a million.” Jinsoul nor Sooyoung can keep it in and snort while Yuna and Yeji have a stare down.

Jinsoul feels her heart rate skyrocket when Yuna slaps the hell out of Yeji. Sooyoung breaks the two up when Yeji is spinning her sister in circles by the ponytail. “The hell is wrong with you two! Acting like a buncha damn animals.” Sooyoung glances between the twins who had grumpy faces now. Sometimes they’d be loving on each other, inseparable, other times it was like two cats fighting. Sooyoung had even bought a water gun to spray them when they fought because she was too lazy to get off the couch. 

“They cut right of your ...what do you expect.” Jinsoul murmurs. Sooyoung gasps at her wife who is sitting a little too still on the couch.

Sooyoung turns to her wife, “I’m not barbaric like them! They smack each other for no reason other than to be bad.”

Jinsoul’s stare cuts right through her soul, “do I have to remind you how we met.” Blushing...she guesses the twins got the habit of smacking stuff from her, but she wasn’t going to dig herself deeper. 

While they’re distracted the two start fighting again, Sooyoung tries to pull them apart but it’s not working, so Jinsoul gets the water gun out and starts to spray them. “SIT DOWN!” The twins instantly break up at the sound of Jinsoul’s voice, deep and stern, but then switched to nothing but sugar, “you’re stressing mommy out.” Sooyoung rolls her eyes when the twins automatically listen to Jinsoul and have guilty expressions on their faces.

Jinsoul rubs at both of their heads and kiss their cheeks, “you guys don’t want your baby sister to think you two are mean do you?” Jinsoul rubs at her belly, swelled up ten times more than it was months ago. The girls shake their heads. Smiling Jinsoul softly speaks to them, “say sorry to her, then to each other. I don’t want no more of this fighting.” 

Yeji squishes her cheek up against Jinsoul’s belly, “I’m sorry baby Chaeyoung.” 

Yuna rubs against it, “lo siento pinche zorra.” Sooyoung and Jinsoul both gasp at their daughters' language.

“Sweetie why would you say that?” Jinsoul gently reprimands her and Yuna frowns. 

Sooyoung taps the back of her head, “don’t be saying that no more.” 

Yuna rubs at the little love tap her mom gave her but then giggles evilly, “caca culo.” Sooyoung’s ears turn red as Yuna repeats it’s, “caca.culo.” 

Yeji claps laughing with her sister, “cak cak que low!” Sooyoung turns to her other daughter with a painful expression. Jinsoul only holds a hand over trying not to laugh at their bad kids.

“Jinsoul get your girls under control.” Sooyoung weakly says as the twins start to bounce around repeating dirty words in a language they shouldn’t even know.

Her wife giggles lightly, “they yours too!” 

Yuna is spinning and comes right up to her face, “maricón.” 

“That’s it, you're done.” Sooyoung groans and picks up her daughter, “your is grounded.” Yuna starts to scream out bloody murder, balling her eyes out in Sooyoung’s arms. It makes her chest hurt so Sooyoung sits her back down and gives a pitiful look to her wife when Yuna instantly cuts the crying out to start laughing again. 

Sooyoung tries it again but Yuna cries just as loud, begging her in a tiny voice to not ground her. Sooyoung sits her back down. Jinsoul looks between the two, “you’re too soft Sooyoung you gotta be hard.” Jinsoul emphasizes by making a fist and placing it in her palm.

“Shut up I know, damn..” Sooyoung snaps and receives a raised brow from her wife.  

“Oh?”

Sooyoung groans when her wife gets up, swatting her hand away when she tries to help, “no you done did it now, I’m going to bed.” Sooyoung huffs and lets her hands fall limp.

Jinsoul walks down the hallway, “baby please I’m sorry!” Sooyoung is cut off by the door slamming. Crying out to herself she slumps onto the couch sitting beside Yeji. Massaging her temples with her fingers she glances back and forth between her now guilt ridden daughters, “this y’all fault.” 

Yeji is the first to break, crawling into her lap and hugging her. Begging her to not be mad. Yuna quickly climbs up as well clinging onto her neck, “momma I’m sorry I was bad.” Yuna says sincerely and starts to cry for real this time. Sooyoung snuggles her two daughters in her arms, wondering why they were so mean sometimes.

“Why you guys make it so hard? All you gotta do is listen...now I made mommy mad.” 

Yeji pulls away from her and points at her chest, “it was our bad heart momma.”

“Bad heart?”

Her older twin nods, “we got a good heart and a bad one, but sometimes the good one goes to sleep and the bad one wakes up.”

Sooyoung stares off, “okay.” Yeji said some weird sometimes, but Yuna… “and you, where’d you learn that from? Was it Aunt Yerim?” 

Yuna nods, “tía! Tía Yerimi!” Sooyoung sighs out the frustration. She disliked that it was only Yerim who could babysit the two. Jinsoul’s sister was such a bad influence...but then again. Sooyoung wasn’t the best either. Her wife started using a tally board for all the inappropriate stuff she’s said.

“I see.” Sooyoung was going to have a talk with Yerim. But then again, nobody ever listened to her. “Y’all wanna watch Simple life while momma cleans up?”

The twins cheer as Sooyoung turns on the tv to turn the show up. The twins start to bounce on the couch when Paris and Nicole come on the screen. Sooyoung starts to clean their home, it’s the least she could do. She tried to help out as much as she could to lessen the stress on Jinsoul. 

It’s about an hour later when she’s finishing up the dishes. Cracking the tension in her neck she checks on her girls. Sooyoung creeps over, it had gotten quiet about 15 minutes ago. She bounces on her toes when she sees both of them cuddled up on the middle of the couch. Taking a ton of pictures she sends them all to her mom, Dasom, and Jinsoul. 

Sooyoung wipes a tear from her eyes, “my babies.” One of them farts and it ruins the angelic aura they were exuding. “My means babies.” Sooyoung bends down and picks both of them up in her arms. Groaning at the pain in my back she groans, “damn I’m getting old.” Packing her heavy children to the bedroom, she kicks in the door. Laying them on their beds she gives them each their kisses.

Yuna grabs onto her hair gently, “momma are you still mad at us?” Sooyoung didn’t know she was awake. Her daughter had said it so sweetly and her eyes were filled with tears. Sooyoung sighs, she doesn’t know how this gremlin could do a whole 180 with her mood. Brushing her hair out with her fingers she shakes her head.

“No baby, just be good from now on okay?” Yuna sleepily nods and closes her eyes again. Sooyoung wipes her tears and moves over to Yeji who had her arms up. Sooyoung snorts as she pulls her daughter into a hug. She couldn’t go to sleep without a five minute hug. 

Yeji wasn’t as mean as Yuna, but she was mischievous. She was usually the mastermind behind the trouble they got into while Yuna was brave enough to do it.

Making sure her babies were asleep she knows it’s time to go check on her other baby. Quietly shutting the door she makes her way to her own bedroom, opening it she smiles and feels all giddy when she sees her pregnant wife sitting in the bed. Jinsoul’s face, framed with glasses, was set in stone. Her wife was playing on the iPad again, all those puzzle games she loved to do. 

Sooyoung thought she was so cute that she just wanted to devour her. Creeping towards her adorable wife she’s stopped, “Don’t. I’m still mad at you.” Jinsoul glances up at her through her eyelashes, a chill run downs Sooyoung’s spine. She secretly loved it when Jinsoul was like this with her. Continuing to come towards her wife, Jinsoul struggles to keep her away with a leg in the air pointing towards her, knots in those eyebrows. Sooyoung loved the sass as Jinsoul made tiny angry noises and grabbed her foot to kiss up her leg.

When Jinsoul’s palm pushes up against her face prevent her from kissing up any further, “stop.” Sooyoung tries to get rid of the hand but Jinsoul was persistent.

“Ah Jinsoul!” She cries out just like her children would but her wife isn’t swayed like she is with them. Sooyoung pulls away and crosses her arms, pouting at her wife. Jinsoul only sits there staring her down, completely defensive. “At least let me talk to our baby.” 

Jinsoul narrows her eyes, “no, she’s mad at you too.” 

Sooyoung groans and stomps across the room. Turning off the lights she starts to get ready for bed. Completely ignoring Jinsoul who now was just being ridiculous. Defeated and sad, Sooyoung lays with her back facing her wife. Getting under the sheets a little dramatically, huffing and puffing as she pulls them over herself. The whole time Jinsoul is watching her and thinking how extra her wife really is when she wants attention. Sooyoung hated to be ignored or she’d turn into a whiny baby, Jinsoul’s learned how to handle it with patience. 

Jinsoul goes back to her game, the bright lights flickering in the dark. Sooyoung keeps sighing loudly, her eyes getting watery from how neglected she feels. After ten minutes of pouting she gives up, “Jinsoul I’m cold.” Her wife only hums at her and the little beeps to her game continue. Sooyoung waits another five minutes, “baby...I’m cold.” Jinsoul makes a tiny noise, it’s happy and Sooyoung smiles turning around it’s flipped upside down. Jinsoul’s still nose deep in her game.

Her wife looks at her sheepishly, “sorry what was that? I was about to beat this level.”

Sooyoung is heartbroken...she’s near death. “Nothing. Forget it.” She turns back around passive aggressively. Now fuming she actually tries to go to sleep. Jinsoul’s voice slowly draws out, saying random things as she taps at the screen. It calms her down, even if her wife was the source of her frustration, her voice is so soothing, Sooyoung forgets why she was even mad in the first place after a while, since her wife’s voice is her lullaby.

Right when she’s drifting off. She hears Jinsoul call out to her, “Soo, baby I’m ready to go to sleep.” Sooyoung pops one eye open but then closes it back. Pretending she was asleep, Jinsoul starts to poke her. At first it was little taps but it slowly changes into harsh pokes. Sooyoung finally gives up.

“What? My god…” Turning around, slightly annoyed she immediately regrets it when she sees Jinsoul’s eyebrows upturned cutely, “stop that.”

“Stop what?”

Jinsoul pokes her own cheek and Sooyoung can feel her insides fill with tingles when she realizes how chubby her wife’s face has gotten from the pregnancy. It’s so squishy. So adorable. “You know exactly what.” Sooyoung hated how weak she’s gotten in the years, when she used to be able to control herself and not give in so easily. But now...since Jinsoul had gotten fuller. How could she say no to a face that cute. She wants to finger poking into the cheek to be her own. She doesn’t want to be the reason those eyebrows are upturned. She wants to kiss those pouty lips.

“Cuddle?”

Sooyoung stares off into space...

“Fine turn around.” Jinsoul claps in victory, turning around slowly with the help of Sooyoung, her shirt has ridden up and she can see the scar on her wife’s tummy before she fully turns around. It pains her to remember the past year, the numerous surgeries, because not only was Jinsoul unable to have a baby, her health was at risk. But somehow, they were lucky enough to create a miracle. Thanks to Doctor Taeyeon and her Nurse Tiffany. 

Fitting against her wife as tight as she can, Sooyoung fully envelopes her in her arms. It isn’t seconds after when Sooyoung feels incredibly warm from the embrace. Like she’s said a thousand times, this is where Jinsoul belonged. Right in her arms. And this is where she belonged, holding Jinsoul as close as she could.

Sooyoung wouldn’t have gotten a good sleep without her wife being tangled up with her. But now, since she could wrap her leg around her wife’s, she would get the best sleep she’s ever had.

~~~~

Waking up, Sooyoung first panics. Jinsoul wasn’t anywhere to be found. But after a few seconds she can hear someone cramming it down, chewing sloppily. Reaching over the bed she turns the night light on, snorting when she finds her wife on the edge of the bed eating marshmallows. Jinsoul turns around, her cheeks filled with the sweetness. Her eyes wide with embarrassment.

“Soruuy-.” Jinsoul starts out but shakes her head and finishes eating. “Sorry did I wake you up.”

Sooyoung nods and looks at the clock, two-forty-five in the morning. Sooyoung wouldn’t lie, when she was pregnant she ate a ton. There was one time she was craving chicken and Jinsoul had bought her a 12 piece family dinner. She ended up eating the whole thing. Only leaving Jinsoul the sides to eat. She claimed she was feeding her and the baby when Jinsoul would ask her why she ate so damn much But she didn’t have any weird late night cravings that her wife did.

“You still hungry?” Jinsoul looks at the empty bag of marshmallows, then to Sooyoung.

Her wife shakes her head, “no it’s okay love go back to bed.” 

Sooyoung narrows her eyes, “hot pickle?” She sees Jinsoul’s eyes sparkle and that’s what seals her decision. “Aight I be right back.” Sooyoung starts to get up, she was gonna go to the 7-Eleven and get her baby a hot pickle when she wanted a hot pickle. She had to take care of her little baby momma. 

“No no no, it’s fine Sooyoung I don’t want you going out this late.”

Shushing her wife with a finger on the lips she shakes her head, “what else you want? Tijuana mamas? Hot fries and Honey buns?” Jinsoul sighs when she realizes she isn’t gonna talk Sooyoung out of going. Her wife really did take so much care of her. It was unbelievable how sweet Sooyoung was. 

“Yes, and if they got cosmic brownies get those too.” Sooyoung nods and leans forward to kiss Jinsoul. They share a few pecks and one deep one that has Sooyoung breathless, pulling back her eyes darken as she stares into her wife’s own black eyes.

Giving the love of her life a sleazy smile she asks with a raspy voice, “can I tear it up tomorrow?” She didn’t actually mean that...since Jinsoul was far long she would of course be gentle and tender. She just liked to .

Jinsoul doesn’t wait but a second to reply, “yes, anything for my baby who takes care of me this good.” Sooyoung resists the urge to celebrate such a victory and gives Jinsoul one last kiss before getting up from the bed. Her wife pouts as she does so but let’s her know that she’s grateful for her efforts, “thanks daddy, you’re the best.” Yeah, Sooyoung was definitely tearing it up tomorrow.

“Don’t miss me too much while I’m gone.” 

“I won’t, oh Sooyoung?”

She turns back before she opens the door, “please be careful, come home to me safely and text me okay?.” Jinsoul says with a worried tone, she really didn’t like her wife going out at night so late. Sooyoung winks at her and leaves without another word. Creeping past her children’s bedroom to not wake them up she sneaks around her home. Tip toeing on the creaky boards.

Walking into the living room she gasps. “W-w-what?!” Sooyoung stares at her daughter Yuna who is standing perfectly still, unmoving. Weird chills run down her spine. Was her baby possessed. “Yuna?” Sooyoung calls out but her daughter doesn’t move. Approaching her daughter cautiously, she reaches out to grab her shoulder. Her daughter still doesn’t move, it was like a little ghost girl.

Turning her kid around she’s relieved when it’s just Yuna sleep walking. Her daughter's eyes are closed hanging open. Picking her up she’s about to take her back to bed, but then something flip flops in front of her. Screaming out this time she wakes Yuna up making her scream as well. Jinsoul comes bustling out the door. Yuna and Sooyoung go silent...Jinsoul stands in the hallway her silhouette dark and permanent. Jinsoul retreats back into their room thinking Sooyoung was just scared since her wife was afraid of the dark. 

Looking around she tries to find her child. “Yeji?!” Sooyoung calls out and it’s torture waiting for movement. She bites her tongue when her daughter cartwheels in front of her. 

“‘Momma watch me!” Yeji then flips backwards landing on her neck. Shuffling over towards she panics at first but rolls her eyes when Yeji pops back up on her feet.

Sooyoung groans, “goddamnit child why you always doing this !” She goes to help her other baby up but she’s too late, Yeji just goes back to cartwheeling around. Sooyoung sighs and sits her daughter down, “Yeji! Stop!” Her daughter doesn’t listen and slams into the refrigerator upside down. 

Picking Yeji up, Sooyoung shakes her, “the hell is wrong with you!” Yeji starts to breathe heavily. Sooyoung searches her eyes and when they fill with tears she starts to chant, “no no no baby don’t cry.” Sooyoung quickly pulls both of her daughters out the door, after making them throw on her their little coats and shoes. “If y’all be good imma take you to the store? Can y’all be good?” Yeji is still sniffing, “baby I’m sorry, Momma will get you some candy okay?” Her baby wipes her tears off and nods. Sooyoung feels horrible for talking to her daughter like that. 

Hugging Yeji she apologizes again, “I’m sorry, I just don’t like when you hurt yourself...I didn’t mean it. You know momma loves you and there’s nothing remotely wrong with you.” Pulling back her daughter is now smiling and Sooyoung thinks she’s done a good job with fixing her mistake.

Sooyoung turns to Yuna, who was asleep again. Hoisting both of them up she carries them to her car. Jinsoul didn’t have to know…

“Momma can I drive?” Sooyoung thinks about it for a second. She was mean earlier, it was the least she could do. Putting Yuna in the back who was snoring she helps Yeji up into her lap. 

Her daughter is pressing all kinds of buttons and Sooyoung has to watch every move. “Okay imma start the car. Don’t. Touch. Anything.” Turning the key the engine revs. Yeji punches the horn making all three of them jump in their seats from the loud noise. Sooyoung quickly takes her daughters fist and shakes her head no.

In the back Yuna screams out, “NO DON'T FLUSH THAT TOILET!” Sooyoung looks at her half asleep child, who then goes right back to the sleep realm.

She still couldn’t believe these are the children she gave birth to. The perfect little angels. They still were of course. Just...weird.

Sooyoung starts to drive off, very slowly, thankfully there’s no one on the roads so Sooyoung pays attention to everything while cruising on the streets. Yeji steers with her, making all kinds of noises with her lips. Sooyoung takes a sharp turn and in the back seat there’s a loud thump. Slowing down even more she looks back, Yuna was flipped upside down between the seats, “Jesus I forgot the seatbelt.” Pulling off to the side of the curb she rushes out to open the back door.

Placing her sleeping baby back in the booster seat that had fallen over she buckles her in tightly. Kissing Yuna on the side of the head she apologizes, Sooyoung would hate herself if anything were to ever happen to her child. Shutting the door she screams when the car starts to roll, “AY JUNG YEJI!” The car rolls in pulses and skids on the street diagonally.

Starting to panic when her car gets closer and closer to a parked one, she slams her hands on the glass and tries to open the door, but everytime she gets a hand on the handle it jerks away. “I’m gonna beat your I swear to god!” After minutes of torture her car is parked in the middle of the road. Sooyoung pulls the car door open aggressively, “GET OUT!” Yeji is not even in the seat properly, too tiny to sit and press the gas. Her daughter scrambles out at the sound of her voice and Sooyoung pinches the bridge of her nose. 

“Sweetie let's get you in the back where it’s safer.” Yeji relaxes at that and lifts her arms up for her mom to pick her up. Sooyoung buckles in her older daughter as well, giving her a short kiss before she goes to drive again.

Fighting sleep she drives to the 7-eleven. The twins in the back fall asleep too on the way there and Sooyoung wishes she didn’t have to wake them up. 

Parking in the nearest spot Sooyoung gets her daughters up and helps them inside. She wouldn’t want to leave them out there. Someone could break in and kidnap them. Walking into the store she sighs, this was the one Jinsoul had worked. The employee isn’t at the front counter, they must be somewhere else. So Sooyoung goes ahead and starts getting all the snacks her wife wanted. Yeji and Yuna help her as well, carrying an item each.

Walking up to the counter Sooyoung finally notices the employee that was oddly sitting in the corner. “I need a pack of black swishers too.” She hums and starts to get her wallet out, but freezes when she hears a familiar voice.

“Of course you do.” 

Sooyoung’s jaw drops, “SERIOUSLY?! WHY ARE YOU EVERYWHERE?”

It’s Johnny, looking greasier than usual. “Because I am everywhere.”

Blinking she doesn’t notice her daughter sneaking out, “listen you ing weirdo I’m tired just ring me up already. And don’t forget the swishers.”

“Right sorry.” Johnny was a good worker. That’s why he was the manager at three places, morning shift, afternoon shift and night shift. He was saving up money to swoop up Jinsoul. “That’ll be 17.57.” 

Getting her money out she casually admits, “you know, Jinsoul used to work here.” Pulling out some fives she points at the door to the back room. “We used to...eh nevermind.” Sooyoung heart flutters at all the moments she had with Jinsoul in this store. Like the first time she saw the blonde and thought of how soft it looked. To the times she brought Jinsoul lunch every time she worked. And when they broke up and saw Jinsoul for the first time in a week.

“No wait please tell me.” Johnny begs, he wanted to know everything about Jinsoul.

Sooyoung chews at her lip and blushes at the memories. “We used to back there.” Sooyoung remembers how hot and desperate the was and how cute Jinsoul looked after. So flustered as she had to deal with customers as Sooyoung would sit by at one of the booths. Johnny deflates and rests on the counter, “oh and once we covered the cameras up and I ed her on this counter. She got fired, of course but it was totally worth it.” Sooyoung took care of Jinsoul after that, letting the blonde lounge around her apartment all day. Sooyoung wanted her to. She loved to come home to her girl and shower her with love and affection, treating her with a gift once or twice a week. Jinsoul was literally her princess and still is, why else would she be out at 3am talking to her worst enemy. 

Pulling out a twenty she gives it to Johnny, “keep the change.” She wanted to go home to her princess and do the same that’s she’s been doing for ten years. It seems like things never change after all. Jinsoul was still her baby girl. Turning around she notices that both of her daughters are gone. “! WHERE THEY GO!” 

Johnny points at the door, “right there.”

Yuna and Yeji stare at the strange man with a hood on, “hey you Sooyoung looking thangs come here.” He looked familiar, he had a silver bowl cut and a fruity smell. “Where’s your queer momma?” They point up, the man gets punched in the nose.

Sooyoung grabs him by the hood after she decked him and slings him around to slam him against the glass. He was so frail that he flew when Sooyoung slung him. Now he’s groaning on the ground, “stay away from my daughters freak!” Scooping up her daughters in her arms she’s about to book it home, until the man starts to yell at her.

“HOE! ILL REMEMBER NEXT TIME YOU NEED A DISCOUNT AT THE STORE CAUSE YOUR IS BROKE NOW.” Sooyoung stands still. 

“Taemin?”

Her friend gets up and dusted himself off before pulling the hood off his head, “, the hell has Jinsoul been feeding you!”

Sooyoung goes to apologize but Taemin holds a hand up, “nuh uh I don’t wanna hear it...your kids head shape is funny too. I’ll call you when I ain’t mad no more.” Scoffing, Taemin walks inside the 7-eleven leaving Sooyoung to grovel outside. 

Carrying her kids to the car she packs up, heading home for the night. As she’s driving she glances in the rearview mirror where her daughters are drinking chocolate milk. “Yuna, Yeji.” They both look at her with curious stares, just like Jinsoul would when she would call out her name out. How cute. Her chest bubbling with happiness she mumbles out, “Don’t tell you mom okay?” Receiving polite nods she sighs with a sense of pride. One, with the fact she had them well trained. Two with the fact she had a perfect family. The littles ones in the back were definitely the best things that’s ever happened to her in her life.

Sneaking back into her home she first gets her daughters back to bed. Yuna is already sleeping by the time she’s finished telling Yeji goodnight. When she steps into her own bedroom, Jinsoul is on the edge of the bed, fighting off her own sleep. Shutting the door quietly Jinsoul wakes herself up, “finally there you are I was starting to get worried.” Jinsoul sleepily mumbles out and Sooyoung wants to cry at how cute it sounds. Jinsoul yawns and holds out her arms for Sooyoung to sit beside her.

She spends her next moments hand feeding her sleepy wife. Who barely holds her eyes open as she stuffs her face. As Jinsoul is finishing off some of her chips, Sooyoung brushes out her wife’s hair. The black strands flow through her fingers as she listens to the crunching noises. “Ugh I’m sick.” Jinsoul goes to pass the bag to Sooyoung, “wait.” She brings it back for one more bite.

Sooyoung cleans Jinsoul up and then tucks her into bed. It doesn’t take long for Jinsoul to start snoring and Sooyoung goes to listen to her belly, “you better not have like three in here.” Sooyoung would probably die, but she’d love all of them just as much as her first too. Listening around she tries to hear her baby. 

Kissing Jinsoul’s tummy for a second she goes back to laying her face against it. Sooyoung gasps when she gets kicked, staring at her wife’s tummy she grumbles, “you already giving me attitude and you haven’t came out the .” She knows this baby was gonna be just like Jinsoul. She simply couldn’t wait. 

“Sooyoung.” 

She didn’t know Jinsoul was awake still, “...yes?”

“Go to sleep.” Sooyoung sighs and rubs Jinsoul’s belly one last time. Telling the baby she loves it even if it kicked her in the face. 

Rolling over she sighs out, “Love you honey.” 

The next morning, when they’re all having breakfast the twins retell their wild night. Sooyoung hides behind her stack of food as her wife gives her the glare.

Still...Sooyoung thinks it’s an amazing way to start the day. 

~~~~

Glancing at her cards she looks back at her daughters, who looked confused and defeated. Yuna slams hers down, “fold.” 

Yeji blinks, “all in.”

Sooyoung smiles at Yeji trying to bluff her out, “me too.” Sooyoung hums and pushes her chips to the middle just as her daughter did. Yuna counts to three for them. Holding up her fingers and when she hits three Sooyoung shows her cards. She had a pair of 8’s, Yeji had three Ace’s.

Her daughter screams at her win and climbs on top of the table and s in her face. Sooyoung is disgusted...since that’s exactly what she does when she wins. During Yeji’s celebration Yuna stares at the chips. 

Sooyoung jerks in fear when Yuna starts to bang her fist against the table making the chips fly everywhere, Yeji stops bouncing around and stares at her twin sister. “Did you hear that?” Sooyoung and Yeji glance at each other before shaking their head at Yuna’s question. “Sounds like there’s RATS IN THE WALL!” While Sooyoung and Yeji is panicking and searching for the noise that Yuna was talking about the younger twin steals all the chips that were piled in the middle of the table and starts to run.

But as she’s running and cackling like an evil maniac she bumps into a wall. Or really...her mother. Yuna looks up and swallows at Jinsoul’s stare. “Yuna are you stealing again?” Yuna nods and drops the chips and hugs her mother’s legs. 

“Mommy I sorry! I didn’t mean to steal them, they just really wanted to run around with me!” Jinsoul giggles and rubs her daughter's head when the other two come running. 

Sooyoung and Yeji stare at the thief with fire in their eyes. Jinsoul can’t always protect her daughter.

Half an hour later Yuna is still tied up to one of the kitchen chairs. Sooyoung is glancing through bills and Yeji sprays her sister in the face every few seconds with the water gun used to control the cats and when she gets in a fight with her twin sister. 

When Sooyoung is paying one bill online her wife shuffles up to her, giving her the eye...intently. Sooyoung ignores it at first, since Jinsoul was being silent maybe it would pass and she wouldn’t have to do whatever crazy thing Jinsoul wanted her to do. Sooyoung didn’t mind giving the foot rubs or late night runs to the grocery. But lately...Jinsoul’s been a bit loose, Sooyoung thinks she’s going crazy from being cooped up inside all day while she and the kids are away at work and school.

Last night Jinsoul made her sit and stare at boiling water for an hour straight because her wife was convinced something else was in the water. ‘ Look, are the bubbles weird or is that just me?’ 

Sooyoung doesn’t want to do that or paint with salsa juice ever again...she hopes her wife either gets over it or has a normal request.

Sighing she drowns hundreds of dollars down the drain. Stupid captilsm. Jinsoul sighs but Sooyoung still ignores it. 

“Are you busy?”

“Kinda.”

“Oh.”

Sooyoung wants to pat herself on the back for the diverge and Jinsoul is silent for several more minutes. “I wish you loved me.” Gasping she looks up at her borderline depressed wife. Jinsoul crosses her arms and pouts, scrunching her nose up as she fights off tears.

She can’t actually believe what she’s seeing. It’s like Yuna or Yeji. Sooyoung sits there and let’s Jinsoul throw her tantrum. Her wife slowly realizes she isn’t going to get what she wants without really putting the fire to the flame, “I want a divorce.”

Sooyoung blinks, “okay.” 

Jinsoul is shocked it doesn’t affect her, “um.”

“You think I’d actually let you leave me? Haha you’re silly Jung Jinsoul.” Sooyoung says sweetly but it’s not sweet at all. It’s a threat, Jinsoul hasn’t seen Sooyoung’s crazy side this whole pregnancy despite how bad she’s been. It was nice to see it come out every once in a while.

Sooyoung turns back to the bills, her blood slightly boiling. Why would Jinsoul say that, “you know I just think it’s funny how-”

“The baby wants lobster.” 

“So you was gonna divorce me over some crustacean.” 

“I was playing.”

Sooyoung chews at her lips, “I can’t stand you...you know that right?”

Jinsoul reaches out to poke at her wife’s red face, she loved to push her buttons. “But you loveeeee meeee and you’re gonna buy me, uh I mean the baby some lobster.”

Her wife rolls her eyes and slaps her finger away, hating how the gesture was calming her down so quickly that she was actually gonna take Jinsoul out. “No you made me mad.”

“I was joking jeez Sooyoung I never want to leave you ever, but I knew that would get your attention.” Jinsoul explains, she remembers one time when they were fighting back in the day she simply said that she was sleeping on the couch and Sooyoung had pulled the whole thing outside so that Jinsoul couldn’t sleep anywhere but the bed or that time Jinsoul was fuzzy handcuffed to Sooyoung until she accepted her wife’s apology. She had chosen to be with Sooyoung and all her…’quirks’, but she didn’t see any wrong with any of them.

She only loved them blindly.

Sooyoung ignores her, being a lot more mellowed out as she’s gotten older. Jinsoul resorts to the kids, “who wants fancy chicken nuggets!” They both scream and Jinsoul knows Sooyoung can’t resist all three of her loves. Her wife tries to drown it all out but eventually loses when Jinsoul begs her in a sweet tone.

Her wife huffs as she stands, “fine! everyone get the gucci on!”

Heading out to Sooyoung’s larger BMW, they all look a bit bougie. Sooyoung has a skirt and a dress shirt on, a faux leopard print coat thrown over her shoulders. Jinsoul wears a simple sundress, unable to fit in any of her designer clothes Sooyoung has bought her in the past. The twins wear off matching clothes. That match in colors but not designs, secretly they were broke now since Jinsoul wasn’t working...but Sooyoung had a lifetime of savings that kept them comfortable.

Sooyoung is so known she doesn’t have to make reservations to get an exclusive seat in the steak and seafood restaurant. As Sooyoung is pulling them in, giving her keys to a chauffeur to park her BMW for her. Sooyoung winks at her wife who is fixing her babies hair that were messy from the ride, “the owner of this place used to be a fan of Yves.”

Jinsoul sighs, still jealous of the people who’ve experienced her wife in any form, used to she wasn’t like this but now she hated when Sooyoung would talk about anyone. “I know honey, you tell me every time we come.” Sooyoung pouts as Jinsoul walks ahead, she just wanted to impress her.

But Sooyoung gets distracted way too easily, since she’s impressed by Jinsoul’s in that sundress she just wanted to- “Sooyoung!” Embarrassed at being caught drooling over her wife’s booty she scrambles inside after her family. Holding her wife from behind, Sooyoung speaks softly to the woman behind the counter.

“Hi, is there a table for the Jung family?” The woman only has an eyebrow raised before relaxing both of them.

“Oh yes right this way.” The twins follow the woman and Jinsoul follows the twins. Sooyoung drifts slightly behind Jinsoul, unable to keep her hands to herself. She’s slapped on the arm when she reaches out to squeeze something, grabbing it way too roughly to be appropriate for public.

Away from other diners they’re sat in a corner booth. Sooyoung pulls out a little pillow from her coat and helps Jinsoul in her seat and gets her comfortable. Turning to the waiter she asks, “do you all have any more pillows?” Jinsoul melts at Sooyoung’s professional tone, but it has an underlying sweetness to it that made her squirm in her seat.

Once Jinsoul is sitting like a queen at the table, Sooyoung goes to pull Yeji up who's sitting next to Jinsoul. “Get up I wanna sit there.” 

Yeji slips out of Sooyoung’s grip everytime, “I wanna sit next to mommy.” Jinsoul giggles as the two fight over her, it used to be her and the twins fighting over Sooyoung. She likes this change. 

“Well I want to too. So move.”

“No.”

Sooyoung calms down just for a second as Yeji celebrates by cuddling into Jinsoul’s side, but Sooyoung has gotten better at compromises. “You can sit in my lap?”

Yeji thinks for a moment and nods, raising her arms up so Sooyoung could pick her up. Jinsoul ignored the snicker from her wife as she slides in next to her. 

The kids are preoccupied with coloring their menus as Sooyoung bothers her wife touching her everywhere. Jinsoul doesn’t mind at first, but when Sooyoung pinches her she slaps her hand away, “can you not? Freaking .” Sooyoung fakes offense, but then smiles sleazily. 

Yuna peaks from behind Jinsoul’s belly, “ya momma you stop it.”

Jinsoul pats her daughter on the head for a thank you and turns to Sooyoung who is fighting back a smile, “you heard her.” 

“Right.” 

Sooyoung actually leaves her alone, helping Yeji pick something off the menu. Jinsoul can’t believe how disappointed she is now that Sooyoung isn’t paying her any attention. Staring at her wife she notices the faint grin starting to grow more and more.

Jinsoul grumbles and takes a piece of bread out the basket and munches on it aggressively. When the waitress comes back she takes all of the orders.

Yeji orders spaghetti. Jinsoul gets steak and lobster, Sooyoung gets shrimp and Yuna gets…

“I want the monte cristo.” 

“The what?”

“Monte cristo please.”

The waitress looks between all of them, “we don’t…”

Sooyoung pipes up, “y’all don’t have ham and cheese back there?”

The waitress starts to shake and barely swallows, “we do b-but-”

“Then what’s the problem?”

She scrambles off with her notebook leaving the family in peace. When Jinsoul is finally tired of not getting attention she goes to poke at her wife, but a certain someone shows up.

It’s the owner.

She gets extremely bitter as he speaks to Sooyoung like an old friend. Jinsoul doesn’t miss the way he looks at her, so she takes control of the situation since Sooyoung was too naive to see, “baby I feel light headed.” Sooyoung instantly draws to her, checking her temperature and softly asking what’s wrong. The man that was previously ignoring her is now paying attention and Jinsoul can see the jealousy in his eyes. Jinsoul accidentally smirks at him and it’s caught by Sooyoung who in turn glances between them.

Nodding her head at the owner she apologizes, “I’m sorry, but I think I’m gonna have to look after my wife.” He grimaced and takes a second to actually leave, Jinsoul smiles in victory but goes back to faking her discomfort when Sooyoung looks at her. Pouting the best she can and making a tiny noise close to being a whine, Sooyoung baby’s her. 

Jinsoul is loving the attention now, with Sooyoung brushing out her hair with her fingers and massaging the back of her neck she thinks she’s in heaven. That’s until soft lips press against her ear, “can we get freaky tonight?” Jinsoul blinks at her wife’s boldness and only nods, afraid if she shows any kinda attitude her neck massage will end.

Sooyoung is happy with the way Jinsoul’s ear tints red when she kisses it and rubs down her back instead of just focusing on her neck. 

Yuna is looking at her mommy’s tummy and pokes it, “mommy what’s in there?”

Jinsoul is having a staring contest with her wife at the moment. One that is a little too heated for dinner when she hears her child’s voice behind her. Tearing her eyes away she looks at Yuna, “what was that baby?” 

“What’s in your belly?”

Sooyoung brings her palm to her navel and slowly draws circles into her tummy, “it’s an alien? Duh?”

Yuna’s eyes grow wide, “w-what?”

Jinsoul knudges Sooyoung and tries to correct her, but Yuna is deathly afraid of aliens and starts to panic. “MOMMY WHY DO YOU HAVE THAT IN YOUR TUM TUM?”

Sooyoung doesn’t let Jinsoul live and instantly embarrasses her, “you see me and mama wanted to surprise you guys with a new friend so we went to the doctor and they helped Mama put the alien in her tummy.”

Jinsoul groans and pinches the bridge of her nose, this exact conversation between Sooyoung and Yuna has happened countless times. It gets better and better every time but Jinsoul can’t help but feel bad for her child.

“Honey there’s no alien,” she glares at Sooyoung. “It’s just another baby! Just like you.” Yuna sighs in relief and wipes her forehead for the stress sweat. 

Yeji giggles and of course puts her opinion in, “why are you so stupid?”

Sooyoung snorts and Jinsoul disciplines her child with a serious tone. While the three argue, Yuna starts to build a contraption, which includes her steak knife.

The food is brought out and in loads. Sooyoung can already feel her pockets emptying. But when Sooyoung hears her wife’s happy noise and laugh she thinks she’s struck quite the deal. Turning she feels like she’s won the lottery seeing Jinsoul’s bright smile, it was worth every penny.

All of them dig in, even Yeji who was a picky eater slurps up all her spaghetti. Yuna is doing something that Sooyoung can’t see but she’s still eating her sandwich. Jinsoul is too busy scarfing hers down to notice her daughter building a y trap.

It’s not too much later when they’re all finished. Sooyoung is taking her last bites when Jinsoul groans in pain, leaning over into her wife’s side. “Honey...I don’t think I can get freaky tonight.” Sooyoung smiles and wraps her arm over Jinsoul’s shoulder and pulls her close to her side. “I’m busted, l got a food baby too.” 

Laughing at Jinsoul she kisses the side of her wife’s head. Snuggled up to her she pulls Yeji close too, who was already asleep from the food. 

Holding her daughter Sooyoung smiles at her wife, “we can get freaky tomorrow. Let’s get the twins to sleep with us tonight.” Jinsoul nods liking that idea already, she really loved when Yuna and Yeji would sleep with them, even if they did kick and mumble the entire night. 

The waitress comes by again and hands them their check, as Sooyoung is rethinking her choices when she see the three digit number her daughter breaks out the contraption she made and fires it. 

There’s nothing but red. 

The waitress starts to scream when the steak knife is lodged in her leg. The owner runs over to her and as soon as he turns around blood squirts all over him. Sooyoung is still grumbling over the check as Jinsoul shakes her wife in a panic.

Yeji claps, “KOOLAID!!” 

When Sooyoung finally looks up, there’s a pool of blood, a pass out waitress, an angry host and a few security guards. 

“What in thee hell…”

Outside, Jinsoul is holding her daughters. She had to look away when Sooyoung gave Yuna an whooping in the bathroom and now she was kissing away the tears that had formed. 

“Mommy does momma hate me?”

Jinsoul frowns, this was the first time Sooyoung’s ever had to whoop her and Yuna wasn’t taking it that well. Jinsoul had even seen the regret on Sooyoung’s face after she was done. But her wife needed to get a point across.

It’s a few seconds later when Sooyoung comes out of the restaurant, Jinsoul can hear the voice of a man screaming.

Her wife looks completely exhausted.

“So? What happened?” The ambulance had pulled off minutes ago, but Sooyoung had to stay behind and talk to the owner.

“We are banned from ever coming here again.”

Jinsoul frowns at Sooyoung’s disappointed tone. “They had some good shrimp.” Her wife pouts up and sniffles. Jinsoul can’t help but reach out and gently cup the puffed up cheek. Rubbing Sooyoung’s face she kisses her nose and lips. “I stole the mint jar though.” Jinsoul pauses in her butterfly kisses and looks down. A fancy jar with expensive candies laid in her wife’s hands. 

“Awee that was nice of you.” Jinsoul grips her wife’s waist and pulls her close. Still holding Yuna’s hand in her own.

Yuna stares at Sooyoung. And Sooyoung stares at her.

Sooyoung holds out the mint jar. She knew how much Yuna loved peppermint and gum. She only stole it for her. Nobody else liked those candies. “Here, brat.” Sooyoung holds the jar out for her daughter who meekly accepts it. Yuna thanks her in a tiny voice and hugs the jar close to her chest. The twins start to walk towards the BMW as Sooyoung and Jinsoul fall behind.

Jinsoul speaks up, “you need to make up with her. She looked terrified of you.”

Sooyoung sighs, “I will.”

When the kids are buckled up and ready to go Jinsoul and Sooyoung stand outside, “do you think I’m a good mom? It’s just, they’ve been hard lately.” 

Jinsoul shakes her head. “Sooyoung you’re the best. They love you so much.” Looking at the tinted windows she thinks of how good Sooyoung’s been to them and how badly attached they are to their mother. “They’re gonna be hard, you need to learn how to move with them. Don’t teach them to be so afraid of doing something wrong. Teach them that it’s better to do the right thing.”  

Sooyoung shakes her head, smiling. “Yeah...you’re right. I’ll apologize when we get home. She needs a clear head.” Jinsoul kisses her wife’s cheek and squeaks when Sooyoung lays a palm painfully on her cheek and squeezes. “I’m buying you ten more of these.” Sooyoung groans out before walking away.

The ride home is quiet. Yuna is pouting and Yeji is sleeping.

When they get home Yeji and Jinsoul already curl up into the bed without a second thought. Sooyoung helps them get covered up and comfortable, situating all the pillows for her wife and making her daughter into a blanket burrito.

Yuna stares bitterly as her mother takes care of the other two. Gently and caring, unlike in the bathroom when Yuna experienced hurt and betrayal for the first time.

About to go to her own room. Alone. Something painful built into her chest that needed to be let out she’s grabbed by the shirt. Her heart spikes in her chest, it’s the same way she was grabbed at the restaurant.

But she gets what she did expect to happen there right here. Sooyoung picks her up and envelopes her into her arms. Yuna clings onto her like a koala, wrapping her arms around her mother’s shoulders and burying her face in her neck.

Sooyoung holds her around her back and shushes her as she carries her into the bathroom, Yuna was sobbing so loud and she didn’t want her wife or other daughter to hear. Sooyoung’s own tears spring to her eyes as she listens to her daughter cry the hardest she ever has. She’s even having trouble breathing. Sooyoung knows she’s messed up. 

Sitting down on the edge of the tub she starts to rock Yuna back and forth, rubbing her back and kissing the side of her head while trying to calm her down. It feels like hours before Yuna is finally done crying. Sooyoung wipes her own away before pulling back to wipe Yuna’s. 

Her daughter looks at her warily, but at least now she is comfortable. Sooyoung swallows hard, “Momma is sorry.” Yuna only looks at her, not daring to say anything. Sooyoung wipes the baby hairs away and pokes at her daughter’s nose, “I’m sorry I did that. I shouldn’t have.” 

Yuna finally nods, close to forgiving her. “I won’t do it again okay? I didn’t have an excuse to and never will. Momma made a no no, I won’t hurt you no more.” Yuna clings back onto her neck. Burying herself into Sooyoung’s warmth. Refusing to let go of her mother that she loved. “Are you okay?” Yuna nods at her question and starts to get sleepy from all the crying. Her chest doesn’t hurt anymore and what happened before doesn’t replay in her mind hauntingly. 

She can understand it now, “it was just your bad heart right?”

Sooyoung snorts and relaxes with her daughter in her embrace. “It was my bad heart.” 

They make up slowly, Jinsoul waits patiently for them to come back. Slowly brushing out Yeji’s hair as the girl snores against her. After what seems forever, Yuna and Sooyoung come back inside. Her daughter clinged onto her wife for dear life.

Jinsoul doesn’t let them see that she’s awake in the dark and barely holds her eyes open. She feels the bed dip as they crawl in the blankets. She can hear the faint whispers and her heart calms when Yuna repeatedly says she wants to sleep with Sooyoung. Closing her eyes she continues to Yeji’s hair and quickly finds her own sleep as her wife presses her back against her own. 

Sooyoung whispers a bedtime story to Yuna who is curled up in her embrace under the covers.

It’s a story about a little girl.

Who was the best inventor of all time.

~~~~~

YASSS LOONA IS COMING BACK LET’S REJOICE!! Everyone make sure to vote! Mwah!