Redemption arc part two

Blue Betta the remix

“Chae, baby what do you want to eat?” 

The one thing that she loves about her youngest is that she’ll stay up late. The twins sleep too much, one time Sooyoung even timed it...17 hours for Yuna, 15 for Yeji. She doesn’t understand how they sleep that long, but knowing her wife who took two naps in one day sometimes, she doesn’t question it. 

Chaeyoung is running in circles before she screams out, “HOT DOG!”

Sooyoung grimaces, she doesn’t think it’ll be a good idea to feed her five year old hotdogs at 1am. Sooyoung could just go to bed, but her nerves were shot. She was still torn up from her wife, rejecting her once again. 

And Yeji…

“You know we only eat hotdogs after me and mommy pay the bills...or when she’s mad.” Sooyoung doesn’t make Jinsoul mad very often, but she knows she’s messed up when she comes home to weenies in sliced bread and plain potato chips. 

Chaeyoung stops running and pouts up at her, she was just like Jinsoul. Sooyoung shakes her head and picks up her youngest before sitting her on the counter. “Fine, fried or microwaved.” 

“Raw!”

Sooyoung glares at her youngest, “I’m not giving you no raw hotdog.” 

Chaeyoung’s eyes swell up, and any other time, Sooyoung would have been able to resist. But she hasn’t seen her kids in a day or two. She can’t stand to see one of them cry right now after everything.

She promised herself as she was driving home she’d never make her family cry again. Unless she told a really funny joke. But no more sad. Sooyoung doesn’t care if she’s gotta do backflips. So here she was, feeding her daughter a raw hot dog while wiping the previous tears away.

Chaeyoung happily eats it and that’s all that matters, Sooyoung smiles for the first time in days. This was her pride and joy. After giving her daughter her vitamins and a glass of water she carries her to bed. 

It’s late now and Chaeyoung has become quieter, so Sooyoung knows she must be getting tired. Thankfully the girl doesn’t have school tomorrow. Laying against the pillows she scratches Chaeyoung’s back, who’s sitting up watching the tv. Something’s been on her mind ever since she went to Yerim’s, she knows how Yeji feels, but she wonders if she’s even affected her other kids. 

“Hey, Chaeyoung.”

Her five year old takes a second to tear her eyes off the screen. Once she’s got her daughter's attention turns the tv off and turns a lamp on. Sooyoung takes a deep breath, “does momma scare you?” 

Chaeyoung looks at her funny and crawls up to sit close to her, “what that mean?” Sooyoung takes her daughter’s hand and squeezes. It isn’t easy having conversations like this even with Jinsoul. 

“When I get mad, do I scare you?”

Her child shrugs, playing off as indifferent. But Sooyoung sees it, she sees how Chaeyoung’s eyes water up. Her daughter usually cried when she was being a brat, getting anything she wanted. But Sooyoung could tell these were real tears by the way Chaeyoung was hiding them. “I don’t like it when you get mad.”

Sooyoung’s throat tightens when she hears her daughter’s voice crack, opening up her arms she pulls Chaeyoung between them. “I’m sorry, Momma is really really sorry baby.” Hugging her daughter she pats her back in a rhythm, shushing her whenever she sniffles. 

Chaeyoung leans back from where she had her face buried in her chest, “ith okay momma, I know you can’t help it juth like when I accidentally go potty.”

Sooyoung blinks.

Well, it isn’t like her daughter is wrong. She’s actually right, it’s hard to control things if she doesn’t know how to properly deal with them. “I’ll learn, just like you. I’ll learn to not get that mad.” Chaeyoung yawns and that’s when Sooyoung notices how late it is,“Is your sister mad at me?”

Chaeyoung snuggles into her more, “Which one? thupid head or dumb dumb.” Sooyoung snorts at her daughter’s remark, Jinsoul thought she was an angel, which she was. Sooyoung knew all her girls were angels...but her baby had some hidden horns as well.

Getting the rest of her giggles out she sighs, “the dumb one.” Neither of the twins were idiots, they were freakishly smart. But their baby sister thought differently.

Chaeyoung is silent for a few seconds and Sooyoung doesn’t remember a time her daughter thought this hard, “Yeah...she.” The girl starts out but then pauses, making short humming noises before whispering. “Momma did you hurt mommy.” 

Sooyoung was just starting to get over the tightness in her chest, hearing that crushed her all over again. She did hurt Jinsoul, there was no sense of beating around the truth. Despite her promises to never do so, she did the worst thing imaginable. She didn’t only hurt her wife. Chaeyoung asking that is evidence that her outburst had affected the girls more than anything. 

“Yes, I did and I really really wish I didn’t.” Sooyoung wants to never ever do it again. She’ll find a way. “Sometimes you hurt the people you love because you’re hurting inside.” Pushing Chaeyoung back, she presses her palm against her daughter’s chest, her tiny heart beating underneath it. The rhythm calms Sooyoung, it’s slow and reassuring, “but that’s no excuse, it isn’t fair to them.”

Sooyoung combs her fingers through her child’s hair. “Chaeyoung when you're hurting inside you have to trust the people who love you.” She never listens to her voice of reason, Jinsoul. Time and time again she pushed her wife away in an effort to protect her. Thought by taking care of things by herself was the way to go, in turn, it just made Jinsoul feel more alienated. 

“Momma what ith trust.” Sooyoung’s pulled out of her thoughts, Chaeyoung is looking at her curiously.

“I don’t really know myself.” Chaeyoung tilts her head at the answer so Sooyoung tries to explain it the best she can. It was a complicated thing, but Sooyoung knew exactly what it was, “for me, I think of your mom.” Sooyoung pats her daughter on the head, “No matter what she’s gonna be there when I need her, that’s trust.”

Chaeyoung smiles at the answer but then quickly yawns. Sooyoung guesses it’s time for bed so she makes Chaeyoung a spot to sleep beside her. Her youngest snuggles up to her arm and Sooyoung lays on her back. Looking up at the ceiling she tries to close her eyes, but she knows sleep won’t come.

“Momma,” Sooyoung’s broken out of the trance at her daughter’s tiny voice.

“Hmm?”

“I trust you.” Those words make Sooyoung crumble, she waits until Chaeyoung’s snoring to cry. She cries all night, the darkness blends to light. 

She needs to see Yeji.

~~~~

Chaeyoung is currently in her sister's room, they never let her in here...but now that they’re gone she’s going to have fun all by herself. She woke up and seeing that her momma was still asleep she sneakily got out of the bed and raced towards, stupid and dumb dumbs room to simply wreck havoc.

Letting out an evil laugh she first goes to find Yuna’s switch. She deletes all the data on it and software...Chaeyoung is secretly a genius. She may be only five, but her sisters and moms think she’s a little clueless. Little do they know she only pretends so she gets away with more stuff. 

Mentally, she was already forty-two, physically, she was still tiny as if she was three. One day...she will rule the world. Chaeyoung feels sad right now however, so she takes her frustration out by coloring on Yeji’s pillow cases. Her momma was crying all night in her sleep and Chaeyoung tried her best to comfort her by hugging onto her tight. 

She doesn’t fully understand what’s going on right now. She just knows her sisters and parents are hurting. Sure, her mother was crazy and the other one let it happen. But Chaeyoung wishes they could just all be together again.

Chaeyoung was pissed at her mom at first...for being so mean to her mommy. However, only three hours in she started to miss her. Now that she was here, she missed her mommy. She just wanted the both of them here, it wasn’t the same without either of them.

And her sisters, as annoying as they are and as much as they ruin her evil plans. She misses them dearly as well. They make her life a little difficult since they’re more physically adept as her. All her plans would be successful without them and well, Chaeyoung thought that would be too boring.

Finding Yeji’s diary she opens it up and starts to read it. She could actually read well, even some of the papers her mommy looked at for work. Yeji’s handwriting is bad but Chaeyoung could decipher some of it. 

Ryunjin is sooo cute...I like her SO MUCH!

Chaeyoung giggles, her sister was so weird. 

I accidintly took Miss Hani’s car keys and threw it out the window 

Rereading the sentence Chaeyoung doesn’t know what’s wrong but she knows it isn’t right, it didn’t make total sense. She reads one last insert.

I miss Yuna coming 2 dance with me, it is fun with momma without Yuna it makes me sad. I wish she’d come! She doesn’t even got 2 dance just be there... all she do is lay in her bed. >:c 

Chaeyoung pouts and closes the diary, maybe when she’s older she’ll dance with Yeji. Yuna was a nerd and mean. All she did was watch those girls on the ipad, play mario, and eat hot chips. 

Putting her sister’s diary up, Chaeyoung glances at the door. Running over to the hiding spot she pulls out the ipad. The one that nobody knew she could use. Chaeyoung would act like she didn’t, running up to her parents to ask them to put on youtube for her. Secretly, Chaeyoung has been playing poker on it, deleting the app every time her sisters or moms wanted it. 

Clicking around on it, she finds her mother’s contact. She wants to see her mother so bad right now, presses the facetime button she lets it ring. It only takes a few seconds for Jinsoul to pick up, Chaeyoung can’t contain her excitement as her mother’s face appears on the screen.

“Chaeyoung? Baby what are you doing?”

Putting her finger up to her lips she shushes her mother, “shhh momma ith athleep.” Jinsoul looks confused, since when did her daughter know how to use the ipad this well? “I mith you mommy.” Chaeyoung’s lip quivers and soon, Jinsoul’s is too, “Momma doeth too.” Although Chaeyoung prided herself in being an evil genius...she really really loves her family.

“Awe sweetie I miss you, so so much.” Jinsoul pulls her phone away from her face and Chaeyoung can hear a pitiful noise and a few sniffles. The screen then flashes a few times and Chaeyoung squints her eyes to read the word, her mother just screenshotted, whatever that means. How could she shoot the screen? 

Not paying attention to it she asks, “can you come home? Yuna and Yeji too.” 

Jinsoul makes another noise on the line, “I don’t know baby, not yet, but soon. Can you show me momma?” Chaeyoung hums, she’ll have to be sneaky about it. Tip-toeing back into the bedroom she flips the camera around to show her mom snoring halfway off the mattress. 

The screenshot thingy comes up again, making the ipad brightness flash. Sooyoung’s eyes flutter open and Chaeyoung’s eyes widened in horror, “gotta go mommy! I report back to you tonight.”

“Chaeyoung wha- *click*”

Oh no, Chaeyoung is in trouble. Her momma is looking at her like she’s an alien. “Was you just face-timing your mom?” Chaeyoung doesn’t answer, she sprints. She can hear her momma yelling for her as she runs back through the hallway...cursing her stubby legs she can’t get really far until Sooyoung’s lifting her up into her arms.

“You got some explaining to do...since when did you know how to call people on that thing.” Her momma stares at her suspiciously so she just shrugs her shoulders. “Call her back.” Chaeyoung sighs and clicks back on the facetime button, hopefully her mother is smart enough not to answer.

She does.

Jinsoul’s face appears back on the screen, “oop!” Her mom disconnects the call when she sees Sooyoung’s face is beside her daughters. 

Chaeyoung breathed out relief, her mother was kinda smart. “What the- call her back.” Sooyoung was ansty and desperate. It was like she was actually going crazy without her wife. 

“But mom-”

“Chae, call now.” Chaeyoung grumbles and hits the call button, her mother declines on the first ring. Sooyoung demands her to do it again and again, until it says the number isn’t available. Jinsoul’s blocked the ipad. “OH WHAT THE HELL!” Sooyoung yells and sits Chaeyoung down.

Chaeyoung watches as her mother throws a fit, pacing back and forth with her fist clenched. Sooyoung calms down just a little bit and then kneels down to her daughter. Chaeyoung stays silent as her mother grabs her and shakes her, “baby am I crazy? Would you tell momma if she’s crazy.”

Blinking she only tells the truth, “you’re crazy momma.” 

Sooyoung is smiling pleadingly but hearing that it slowly drops into a morbid expression, “you’re right. Oh my god you’re right Chae.” She looks at her momma as she spirals, “what do I do? How should I get your sisters and mom back?”

Chaeyoung shrugs, “sthop being crazy?”

Her mother almost looks shocked at her reasonable suggestion. Chaeyoung thinks her mom is starting to realize that she’s not as clueless as everyone thinks she is. Chaeyoung doesn’t mind though...she thinks her momma would keep her intelligence a secret, they could even be partners in crime. “I-I don’t know how?” 

Chaeyoung her chin for a moment, “Momma what makes you happy.” 

Sooyoung blinks, without a beat she answers, “you.” Chaeyoung smiles widely and Sooyoung comes up with more, “your sisters, your mom. Dancing, music-.”

“Okay,” Chaeyoung cuts her mother off, “whenever your losthing it justh sthimply think of dose things.” Her mom nods slowly at first, but then it becomes quicker.

“What if I do and it still doesn’t work.”

“Momma I’m not a doctor.” Sooyoung raises a brow and then Chaeyoung mirrors it.

Her mother then becomes seriously concerned, “you’re smart as hell...when did you start this , talking to me like a grown person and knowing how to use technology.” Chaeyoung is silent. Knowing if she speaks it’s over, she just pretends she doesn’t understand what her mother is talking about. Sooyoung shakes her head letting it go, “okay fine don’t tell me, but thank you...I’m gonna try from now on to not be crazy. This is the first step and you’re gonna help me right?”

Chaeyoung nods her head, if her momma needs help she’s gonna give it to her. Her mom has been there her whole life, helping her reach up to counters and making monsters disappear from underneath the bed and such. 

She’ll help her mom as much as she can.

~~~~

Chaeyoung is watching her mother cry and eat ice cream...this may be her second tub. It’s a bit awkward, Chaeyoung would ask for a bite but her mom was kinda snorting and drooling all up in it. 

She’s actually never seen her cry this hard. At first, her mom had clung to her and no matter how hard she tried, Chaeyoung couldn’t escape. Her mom then started sobbing out in pain, wailing and weeping so loud it pierced her ears.

Then came the sad music and icecream. Chaeyoung liked the ladies that were singing, Whitney and another called adele. Sooyoung holds the spoon out and mumbles out the words, “I have nothing, nothing, nothing...If I don't have youuuu, youuuouuuoouuu.” Chaeyoung covers her eyes when her mom gets up and starts to sing to the wall, using the spoon as a microphone. 

Slipping away, she tries to be quiet as possible so her mom doesn’t notice. Sooyoung falls to the floor, crying even harder than before. Chaeyoung frowns as she starts to hear the hiccups and stuff. 

Chaeyoung waddles to get the ipad, quickly calling her other mom that was sane. Jinsoul picks it up, smiling when she sees Chaeyoung’s face, but instantly dropping it when she notices the concern on her face. “Chae what’s wrong?”

“Momma crying.” 

Jinsoul frowns, “...how bad.”

“Miss Whitney ith playing and she ate all the cookieth and cream Ben and jerry’s.” 

Her mom makes a face and Chaeyoung knows it’s not good. Her sisters then pop up on the screen, screaming all sorts of things, Chaeyoung aggressively shushes them, “you guys are too loud!”

Yuna rolls her eyes and disappears but Yeji stares hard into the camera, “where’s mom?”

“Crying.”

Yeji blinks, “oh.” Her other sister then disappears as well. Jinsoul looks genuinely shocked that neither of her daughters wanted nothing to do with the phone call. 

“Baby can you make sure to do something?”

“Yeth mommy.”

Jinsoul scratches at her head, “don’t let your momma out tonight okay and if you can, go grab the big brown bottle underneath the kitchen sink and hide it.” Chaeyoung gives her a thumbs up, “I love you Chaeyoung, mommy misses you.” 

Chaeyoung hangs up and slides the ipad back in place. She has a top secret mission to do just for her mom. 

Sooyoung wipes at her face and looks up, her daughter is nowhere to be found. “Chae?” She’s about to go look for her but then her and Jinsoul’s wedding song plays. Sooyoung flops on the floor and rolls onto her back. Covering her face with her hands and sobbing into them. She isn’t going anywhere soon.

Chaeyoung sneaks around to the kitchen, going directly to the cabinet her mom told her. Pulling it open quietly she grabs the bottle. Squinting her eyes she reads it to herself. “Bacardi...one five one.” Shrugging she runs through the house and into the playroom, hiding the bottle in her toy box. Next thing she needed to get was keys...so her mom wouldn’t go anywhere.

Running back through the house she looks everywhere for them. She never paid attention to the keys, “there you are.” Chaeyoung turns around in the snap of a finger, scared that she got caught. She narrows her eyes at her mom’s hand...the keys were out of her grasp. Her mom already had them, “come on we’re going to see your mother.”

Looking up at her momma she tries to think of something real quick. Sooyoung’s rubbing at her eyes, sniffling. The woman had some old joggers and a t-shirt on, stains from the icecream already drying on it.

Chaeyoung gets the idea and drops face first onto the floor.

“GODDAMN!” Sooyoung screams out and Chaeyoung groans out in pain. Sooyoung scrambles to pick her up, holding her head to her chest. “Are you okay?!”

Sooyoung rocks her back and forth, Chaeyoung feels a little dumb. That hurt a lot...oh no she’s crying. “Shhh it’s okay momma got you.”

She’s now being carried to bed, she’s afraid her plan has been ruined. “It’s bedtime I think, for the both of us.” Chaeyoung then let herself cry, her plan wasn’t all in vain. She was successful for her mom. 

Sooyoung wasn’t going out and the forbidden juice was hidden. Chaeyoung is laid down in the bed and her mom gives her kisses on the head where it hurts...it feels instantly better.

“All better?”

Chaeyoung nods and feels herself drifting off, cursing her immature brain, needing so much energy and sleep. But surely her mother wouldn’t leave her all alone here.

~

Sooyoung rubs on Chaeyoung’s head until she’s snoring. Smiling at Jinsoul’s mini-me she sighs, guessing she won’t go and stalk her wife tonight. Instead she watches old movies on the tv. Not tired at all. As long as her child got some sleep that’s all that mattered.

Her phone starts to ring and Sooyoung stretches to pick it up. Holding it to her ear she answers, “hello?”

Sooyoung slowly listens to the voice on the line...it’s an old friend of hers. A very good friend.

Maybe her wife not being with right now was a good idea.

~~~~

Jinsoul taps on the steering wheel, her wife should be here any minute now. She was kinda afraid how this exchange would go...Chaeyoung needed to go back to school tomorrow so Jinsoul was picking her up. 

She knows Sooyoung’s going to try and kidnap her or something. Forcing her to come back home when she nor Yeji is ready. Jinsoul left both of the twins at Yerim’s even though she promised Sooyoung she’d get to see them. She knows her wife wouldn’t have agreed to come without a little lie or two, she just hopes she doesn’t get too mad. 

Seeing the BMW roll up, Jinsoul’s heart starts to race. The car stills to a stop and for a few seconds no one comes out. Jinsoul rolls her window down just to a small crack. The driver door opens and out steps Sooyoung and her wife begins to walk over...without Chaeyoung.

Jinsoul grumbles under her breath, squeezing the steering wheel so hard that her knuckles turn white. As soon as Sooyoung’s standing in front of the door she groans, “where is my child?”

“Sleeping, you need to calm down.”

Jinsoul gasps, “calm down?! I’m the-” Sooyoung lowers herself until she’s eye level with the crack in the window. Jinsoul gulps a little louder than intended, Sooyoung’s got that sinister gaze right now. It pierces straight through Jinsoul’s soul.

“You lied.” Sooyoung mumbles in a dangerous voice, her eyes scanning the back seats.

Jinsoul rests her head on her seat, bringing her shaky hands down to her lap, “so? They said they didn’t want to see you.”

She now expects her wife to throw a tantrum of some sort but she doesn’t, she starts to cry like a baby. “T-they didn’t want to s-s-see me?” Jinsoul’s mouth drops in the slightest as Sooyoung sniffles and wipes her face, “I guess that’s okay...whenever they’re ready.”

Jinsoul blinks at the mature response. The last time Sooyoung wasn’t so adamant on going home without her or the children. Jinsoul pouts up at her wife who was trying to hide her tears, “I’m sorry Sooyoung.”

Her wife takes a few deep breaths, “what about you? Still mad?”

Shaking her head, Jinsoul wouldn’t lie, “no I’ve forgiven you.” 

Sooyoung sticks her fingers into the crack of the window, wiggling them around and such. Jinsoul raises a brow when her wife presses her forehead against the car and stares inside, “wanna have a quickie in the back?” 

Jinsoul rolls her wife’s fingers up in the crack, she hears Sooyoung scream in pain so she rolls it back down. “You are literally a fiend, the damn devil, you know that right.” Jinsoul seethes out, but she would be lying if she didn’t adore the idea of getting frisky with her wife right now. But she had to have restraint right now. This was the reason why they were in this situation in the first place.

Whenever her wife would hurt her she’d just be showered in love and gifts, Sooyoung loves her, she knows that. She’s mature enough to know that Sooyoung doesn’t mean it when she acts up. Jinsoul’s had her moments as well, hurting Sooyoung and begging for forgiveness. Sooyoung however was bad at communication, she always was. Instead of facing the problem she just wanted to bury it instead.

Sooyoung tries to reach into the car so Jinsoul slaps her hands away, “you really want me to start begging for because I will.” Jinsoul looks at her wife who was desperate, “please Jinsoul, please god just-”

“Will you shut up?” 

Sooyoung whines at her, “but I’m sad! And I really really really…” Jinsoul pinches the bridge of her nose as her wife repeats the word over and over again. She can’t help but smile though, “really really miss you and I’d like to blow your ba- OW!” Jinsoul rolls her fingers up in the window again. Her wife is hopping around, shaking her hands where they were hurting. 

Rolling the window back just a tiny bit, Sooyoung is quick to turn her head sideways to look in, “can I at least have a kiss?” Jinsoul rolls her eyes at her wife puckering her lips up through the small crack. Shifting the window all the way down she giggles as Sooyoung’s full head starts to poke in.

Jinsoul points at her wife, giving a warning, “behave.” Jinsoul’s smiling so hard it hurts her cheeks. Sooyoung leans forward in the slightest and locks their lips in a slow, heavy kiss. Jinsoul hums into it, her wife was smiling too and she’s starting to think Sooyoung was trying to annoy her earlier. 

The kiss doesn’t get deeper than it already is, and lessens to fat smooches instead. “I was playing, I know I don’t deserve any of your loving right now.” Jinsoul doesn’t like how guilty Sooyoung sounds, but she is surprised that her wife was being fair about this. 

Usually, it didn’t take Jinsoul much to be convinced. Sooyoung just had that effect on her. All her wife had to do was snap her fingers and she’d come running, Jinsoul knew she had that same power on Sooyoung. She leaves one more kiss on her wife’s lips and leans back, “baby, don’t say it like that.” 

“But it’s true Jinsoul! I’ve been a terrible wife.”

“No you haven’t, it was a slip up...you were right to beat that man but wrong place, wrong time. I was mad that it affected our children.” Jinsoul tells her, Sooyoung has been cool headed for the most part, but sometimes things heat up too quickly. Just like it always did with Johnny. Sooyoung was defending her family...Jinsoul thinks it was just out of line doing it in front of their girl’s principal. 

“I’m sorry.” 

Sooyoung slumps down in the window so Jinsoul pats her head, “you don’t need to be telling me that, I already know and understand, the girl’s don't, however, that’s why you need to be apologizing to them.” Her wife hums sadly, Jinsoul wasn’t always the sensible one in the relationship, but through the years she’s become wiser. 

She knows a little why Sooyoung does protect them so much. Her father abandoned her family and made a new one when she was younger, and her older sister was in a horrible marriage. Sooyoung’s dad barely is around, he’s only seen his grandchildren a few times compared to her parents. Even though Dasom’s the best grandma they could ask for, Sooyoung was still affected by the past.

Sooyoung just wants to smother them with love, and at the same time, Jinsoul thinks her wife is afraid of being abandoned just like her mother was. Jinsoul would never leave this woman and it always is a fight trying to make her realize that. She stares at her wedding band as she scratches Sooyoung’s scalp. 

Jinsoul knows she’ll be with this woman till the day she dies.

“You’re too good to me you know?” Sooyoung whispers out while looking deeply into her eyes. Jinsoul’s heart clenches, Sooyoung still made her feel the way she did when she first met her after all these years.

Jinsoul leans up to kiss her wife’s cheek, “I can say the same.” Sooyoung then pulls away to go retrieve their youngest baby out of the back seat. The girl is rubbing at her eyes sleepily as Sooyoung carries her over. Jinsoul’s heart flutters at the sight, she misses her baby so much. 

Sooyoung wakes Chaeyoung up, “look who it is.” Chaeyoung squeals seeing Jinsoul and reaches for her desperately. Jinsoul opens the car door and takes her in her arms. Hugging and rubbing the back of her daughter’s head who was happy to be back in her mother’s hold. Sooyoung scratches at Chaeyoung’s head too and brings something up, “you know Soul, she’s smarter than what we think.”

Jinsoul glances up at her wife and back to Chaeyoung...who was avoiding both of their stares, “yeah me too, she knew how to call me on the ipad and talked to me like a little adult.” They look at their daughter expectantly but the girl only hides her face in her mom’s neck. Suddenly shy from all the attention.

Sooyoung awkwardly stands around for a few minutes, watching the two catch up. Jinsoul and Chaeyoung even had their own language, talking gibberish that she somewhat understood but felt left out of. 

Jinsoul then looks up at her with a bright smile on her face, “Chae wants mickey dee’s.” 

“Oh okay...I guess I’ll get going then.” Sooyoung sighs sadly.

Her wife tilts her head, “what? No silly, get in the car we’re all going.” 

Sooyoung’s heart pumps for the first time in what it feels like forever. Matching her daughters and wife’s smile she races to the passenger seat. 

Only if her twins were here too…

~~~~

“You gotta little bbq on your lip.” Chaeyoung watches her moms feed each other chicken nuggets, one second she was asleep, the next she was in Jinsoul’s lap, it was the best moment of her life, getting to see her mom again. She’s missed this, being spoiled by her parents...she got a happy meal, but her momma made sure she got five extra toys.

Chaeyoung doesn’t know how to explain it, but there was a weird feeling in her chest before this. Now that she was seeing her parents smiling and playing with each other it was all gone. The weird feeling was painful when they were fighting, so Chaeyoung never wanted them to do that again.

After eating her french fries, Chaeyoung feels herself drifting again. She doesn’t want to go to sleep because she knows when she wakes up her momma isn’t going to be there anymore. Chaeyoung wants both of them around, she loves them so much and she hates the switch back and forth.

However, the cheeseburger hit differently. She was about to go into a food coma. Curse her body for needing sleep…

“Oh she’s asleep again.” Sooyoung mumbles out, Jinsoul looks behind them and sees that her youngest is passed out in the back seat again. Cheeseburger clenched in one hand, a chicken nugget in the other. Sooyoung stretches past her to grab Chae’s food so she can put it up, Jinsoul simply watches with a smile.

Driving Sooyoung back to her bmw, she leaves one hand on the steering wheel and the other holds Sooyoung’s hand. Sooyoung was snuggled up to her arm, resting her cheek against her shoulder. Jinsoul would be lying if she said she didn’t miss her wife’s affection. But she’d also be lying if she said she wasn’t speeding to get Sooyoung back so she goes to see the twins. 

They must be wondering where she is. Jinsoul feels a bit guilty, she knows the girls miss their mother just as much as she does. They deserve the time like this with her and Jinsoul thinks it’s selfish she’s out with Sooyoung when the twins were starting to get sad without her. Yeji is being stubborn about it, she gets it honest, Sooyoung was probably the most stubborn person Jinsoul knew, and Yuna wouldn’t go anywhere without her twin. 

Jinsoul leans over to kiss the top of Sooyoung’s head before turning back to where the bmw was parked. When Jinsoul tries to shake Sooyoung off her wife grumbles out with irritation, “just a few more minutes.”

“The twins are probably waiting for me…” Sooyoung raises up from where she was cuddling up against Jinsoul’s side. She sees how her wife’s jaw clenches, Jinsoul knows it must be hard for Sooyoung that the twins wanted nothing to do with her right now. 

Sooyoung runs a hand through her hair, “text me?”

Jinsoul wants to say yes, but she isn’t sure if she can. If she starts communicating with Sooyoung more and more she knows she won’t be able to stand not being home. Jinsoul will be running back. It has to stay out of sight out of mind, she can’t rush the twins into this. “We’ll see.” 

She can tell Sooyoung doesn’t like the answer with the way she glares, “and how long until I see you again. Or the girls...I don’t know if I can do this anymore. It’s been a week, Soul.” 

Jinsoul swallows the tension building up between them, “when they’re ready.” 

“Yeah whatever.” Sooyoung groans and steps out of the car. Jinsoul knows that it shouldn't hurt, but it does, no matter how hard she tries to not let it get to her. Sooyoung opens the back door and kisses Chaeyoung goodbye. Jinsoul doesn’t get another word. For some reason she thought it was progress.

However, Sooyoung still hasn’t got over being impatient . 

Driving back to Yerim’s she parks the car and steps out. The twins were playing in the yard with sticks and such. As soon as she steps out of the car they come running after her. Jinsoul huffs when they crash into her screaming out, “mommy!”

The two nine year olds came up to her waist now, so lifting them up in hugs was a work out for Jinsoul. But still, they’re her babies. They’ll be treated as such. Handing them some mcdonald’s they run back into the house, eager to eat. Jinsoul gets Chaeyoung out of the car and lifts her into her arms. 

Joining her sister who was sitting on the front porch she sighs as soon as she asks, “Hey, how’d it go.” 

Sitting beside her on one of the chairs she maneuvers Chaeyoung into a more comfortable position, “it was okay, we went to Mcdonalds. Talked. But then she got all distant when I told her I didn’t know when we’d be coming home.” 

Jinsoul is met with a furious glare, “you took her to get food. Let me guess you paid too.” Yerim is shaking her head like she was disappointed with her, Jinsoul’s gets a little salty at that. Was she that predictable? “Same old Jinsoul, she says jump and you say how high.” 

“Damn it’s not that big of a deal.” 

"It is when you consider Sooyoung has treated you like multiple times. You gotta stand your ground even with the most simple of things.” Yerim argues with her and Jinsoul rolls her eyes, she doesn’t have to defend herself. This was her wife. Sooyoung never cheated on her, never abused her, and she treats her like gold. Yerim was just talking out of her . 

Jinsoul huffs, “She hasn’t treated me like ...she just gets mad sometimes, it’s my fault for not being able to calm her down.” Yerim’s mouth drops and she makes a noise out of disbelief. But it was the truth, Jinsoul did feel at fault for not getting a hold of the situation before it got bad. 

“Seriously Soul?”

“My Sooyoungie is the sweetest person alive don’t lie.” Jinsoul says with a serious expression...three seconds of silence she and Yerim burst out laughing. Sooyoung was very sweet, but she did have a sadistic side that only her sister and a select few of her friends knew about, the way she met Sooyoung was just proof. They didn’t have the most romantic start, but damn did Jinsoul fall for her. 

“You’re delusional.” Yerim covers while giggling, “She is sweet to you and the kids, but she also got ing anger problems I guess you don’t see that huh.”

Rolling her eyes she answers her sister, “I know that she does, but still she needs me and I need her. I can’t just hope it goes away, her issues and stuff, who am I to leave her to deal with it on her own.” Jinsoul explains, Sooyoung just couldn’t do it alone. She isn’t sure Sooyoung even had the courage to ask for help.

Yerim sighs sadly, “But when you eventually go back to her you’re just going to pretend it didn’t happen. Sure your marriage to that woman is good most of the time but when it’s not? Soul you can’t just let her disrespect you like that, especially in front of your children.” 

Jinsoul looks down at her youngest, still fast asleep, her sister had a point. This was the exact reason she was staying away from Sooyoung, but she couldn’t even have a little outing like mcdonalds? “Then what do I do?”

“Stop crying over a you’ve been married to for fifteen years and stop giving into her until she’s actually ready to change. She promises to do so but has she ever changed Jinsoul? You go back to her before she starts.” Yerim urges her to listen, Jinsoul understands completely. This might be the roughest time in her marriage yet. But she has to do this if she wants her kids to trust their mother like she does.

They’re just too young to experience things like this.

“Not this ,” Yerim mumbles out and Jinsoul looks up at the road. A Rolls Royce pulls up into the driveway and out comes a tiny woman. 

It’s Jinsoul’s lawyer...Im Yeojin. 

That girl her sister used to smoke out all the time back when she was only dating Sooyoung, one of the most successful Lawyers in their city. Jinsoul knows is about to start happening with her around.

Yeojin is in very expensive clothing, with a Louis Vuitton bag half the size of her. She clicks her way up to the house and checks her watch, “hello ladies.” Jinsoul shares a look with her sister who had the biggest grin on her face.

“Who we sending to jail.” 

~~~~

Sooyoung holds onto the handle tightly, shaking a little bit every time she hears one of them meow. Her old friend, the one that her sister got Evangelista off of apparently had kittens for sale. “Thanks Lua, I really needed this right now.”

“Yeah yeah weirdo show me the money.” Okay, Lua wasn’t the most reliable character, but she took really good care of animals. Sooyoung gives her the money...Jinsoul might kill her for how much she’s spending on these damn cats. But it was for the greater good. Now her daughters each would have a sphynx of their own. She’s tried for a long time to get some, however Jinsoul wouldn’t allow her. She wasn’t the biggest fan of cats even though she babied Tubbie Wubbie.

After giving Lua the money the woman gets back onto her dingy mo-ped and races off. Sooyoung raises up the crate and looks inside...tiny hairless cats. Three of them to be exact. She hopes her daughters like them, she really missed them a lot. Maybe knowing they were kittens at home waiting for them they’d want to come back. Sooyoung can only wish.

“Hi my babies.” 

All for her real babies.

~~~~

Hiii you guys, well maybe this was some progress! Next chapter is mostly going to be Jinsoul centered, her being law and order with Yeojin Keating. Her getting away from her stalker (Sooyoung) and her having a heart to heart with her children. Oh and I guess the kittens shall be named too…

One of them will be named Prada, the rest who knows! I am accepting suggestions teehee.