Chapter 17

One Month Later In My Dreams

“Thank you so much Sonya!” Elizabeth gives me a hug before we sit down at a lunch table. She’s holding the red carnation with the note. Secretly inside, I wished I had gotten one in fourth period. But because all my friends are broke and of course I don’t have any secret admirers, that’s what happens.

I laughed. “You knew I was getting you one though!”

“I know! But all the guys thought I have a secret admirer. Look at them!” We turned to the guy table. Immediately everyone there looked away and started talking amongst themselves.

I caught Elizabeth’s eye and we broke out in laughter.

“Ahh,” I gasped. “My stomach…hurts!”

“Mine..too!” She panted. We giggle some more and finally calmed down. I opened the bag to my sandwich when a shadow fell on me. I turned.

“Spill it girl." Jonghyun stood behind me, his backpack still on.

“What do you mean?”

“Onew got a flower with a note, and I think it’s you. Is it?”

My heart started beating faster, but I tried to keep my cool. “Does he know who it is?”

Jonghyun shook his head. “He doesn’t have a clue. But do you know?”

I smiled. “I know. But I’m not going to tell you. What do you know so far?”

“All I know is that she’s in some music class!” He answered, exasperated. “Come on, just tell me, what does her name start with?”

“Her name starts with…a letter in the alphabet. What’s the big deal?”

“I just want to know. Come on, Sonya, this is Onew!” He shook his head and muttered, “Not that it matters anyway since he stepped on it.”

My heart sank. He didn’t really care about the flower then? “I can’t tell you. You’re his best friend.”

“I hate Onew, detest him,” Jonghyun automatically replied.

I laughed. “Riiight.”

“Sonya! Just give me a clue!”

“Hmmm. Give me a minute.”

“Okay, I’ll just stand here.” Jonghyun crossed his arms and waited.

Crap. What was I going to do? Say it was someone else? Half of me wanted to remain mysterious, the other half wanted to ‘fess up.

“Fine,” I said after 45 seconds.

“What?” Jonghyun turned to me.

“It was me.”

“It was you?”

“Yeah.”

“Okay, I’m going to tell Onew, see ya later.” Jonghyun started to walk away.

“NO WAIT!” I stood up grabbed his arm. “Don’t tell him!”

“I’ll message him.” He grinned.

“Please don’t tell him!” I pleaded, following halfway as he walked away.

Elizabeth raised her eyebrows when I walked back to the lunch table. “So?”

I sat down and sighed. “I told him it was me.”

“And is he going to tell him?”

“He said he would.” I put my face in my hands. “What do I do???”

Elizabeth shrugged. “Why did you send him the flower anyway?”

I shrugged back. “I wanted to make him smile.”

“So ask him if he smiled!”

I walked over to Jonghyun’s table where he was talking to Minho, and tapped his shoulder. “Hey, when Onew received the flower, did he smile?”

He turned. “Why?”

I shrugged. “I have a bet with a friend. It’s not the reason why the flower was sent, but yeah.”

Jonghyun turned to Minho. “Did he smile when he got the flower?”

Minho’s mouth dropped and his face gained a thinking look. Slowly, he shook his head.

Jonghyun turned back to me and shrugged.

“Okay thanks.” I tried to shrug off their responses as I walked back to my table. He hadn’t even smiled, and he even stepped on the flower. Lovely.

But still. What was I going to do once Jonghyun told Onew?

*

BTW guys I'm in English class right now....oh well you guys give me an excuse to get internet time if I keep holding off the essay we're supposed to be revising :P Although I'm stuck with work since everyone's crunching to get assignments out before Spring Break comes >.<

THAT being said, Spring Break starts on my birthday! Yup, national autism day, first day of national cooking week, and NO I had NO chance of being an April Fool's baby. I was almost an April 3rd baby, okay? Deal with it.

Just couldn't wait for midnight. >.<

ANYWAY thanks for reading so far guys! I'm trying to write as much as I can on what happened, but it's kinda hard to write personally in the first place and MAN do I have a huge agenda. (If you guys can send me a piece of life where I can do anything I want, that'll be great.)

I'm going to try to upload the 7 other chapters I've written...without being caught. >.< Catch you later!