CH. IV (Part 2)

three time's the charm (3jin au)

A/N: Annyeongz stans dw you will see them at the end uwu. Also if you want to see my inspiration for a lot of these 2jin moments just watch the My Sunday mv lmaooo. 

 

CH. VI (PART 2)

 

Hyunjin had tossed and turned it in her bed for a good hour before actually falling asleep. At first, she kind of felt sorry for her roommate until she heard the soft snores coming from the girl. She was out like a light. Lucky. Hyunjin wished she could go to bed. 

 

She just couldn’t shake away the music playing in the back and the front of her mind. The soundtrack of Japan, but it wasn’t the sound of Japan itself that was causing Hyunjin so much grief. It was the lead singer. 

 

Something about Heejin’s voice had sent Hyunjin’s whole body into a spiral. Nothing was right anymore. Usually Hyunjin’s ears were good at picking up interesting sounds and potential music from everything around her, now, it felt like the once exciting sounds were reduced to a blur of white noise in the background, nothing being able to compare to the sweet sound of Heejin’s voice. She couldn’t even listen to music without imagining how the timbre of Heejin’s voice would fit in the song. 

 

Hyunjin thought she could just sleep it off, that maybe she was just tired, but the next day as they boarded the bus and Hyunjin was listening to her playlist, it happened again. 

 

She was dozing off in a seat next to Choi Yerim, one earphone in her left ear, the other trained on Yerim’s story. She had made sure to sit as far away from Heejin as possible, Hyunjin was somewhere near the front of the bus while Heejin was closer to the back. Yerim was just blabbering on like the happy sweetheart she was and Hyunjin was trying hard to follow on. She tried to focus on the tone and phrasings of Yerim’s voice, how it would go up and down and how it would drag during the middle of her sentences. 

 

‘Are you serious?’ 

 

It came like a dart flying through the air and piercing straight into the back of Hyunjin’s head. That was Heejin’s favorite phrase, Hyunjin had noticed. Though most people would say that phrase in a higher tone, lifting upwards at the end of the sentence, Heejin’s voice was always low, the end of the sentence only going up in tone but fading away instead of using the lifting as traction to crescendo. 

 

Apparently, the way Heejin said that one phrase was incredibly attractive to Hyunjin, because that simple phrase had carried all the way from the back of the bus to the front. Hyunjin turned around in shock to catch a glimpse of Heejin. The girl next to her seemed to be talking animatedly and from the way was moving, it should have been incredibly loud, but Hyunjin couldn’t hear a single word. All other voices seemed to fade into a muffled blur into the background. 

 

‘Hyunjin? You good?’ Yerim shook her shoulder. 

 

‘Hmmm?’ Hyunjin snapped her head back to Yerim. ‘Yeah, yeah, I’m fine. I just thought I heard someone calling for me.’ 

 

Hyunjin decided that she wasn’t going to avoid Heejin completely, that would be kind of rude, but she was going to figure out ways to not have the two so close together. Shouldn’t be too hard. 

 

Heejin had made it easier for her, too, it helped that she was a pretty sociable girl and would hang out with different people throughout the course of the day. Hyunjin was able to join the group Heejin wasn’t in and therefore she was able to tour the entirety of the temple without having any contact with the girl. 

 

Even in the afternoon as they sat in a nearby park, Hyunjin was able to find a secluded spot to just sit and stare out into the cool pond or just observe the flowers blooming on the trees. Spring was one of Hyunjin’s favorite seasons, not because of the weather but because she liked how spring was always used as a metaphor for blooming. She had actually composed a guitar piece once based on the concept of spring and blossoming. 

 

Dinner was a little bit harder to, avoid- no, keep her distance from- Heejin. But Hyunjin managed. She just made sure to angle her body so that she was facing away from Heejin. Also, it helped that they both had their backs to each other, it made it harder for Heejin’s voice to travel towards her. The only downside was that Hyunjin was yet again caught in between Minjoo and Chaewon’s not so subtle flirting. If she had to hear Minjoo’s bashful laugh again Hyunjin was going to explode. Minjoo was pretty cute, though, Hyunjin was probably just mad that it wasn’t her making her blush. But, she didn’t want to get in the way of the two. They seemed like they really liked each other. 

 

In fact, Hyunjin had been getting ready for bed later that night when she encountered Minjoo, laying on top of her bed with the most lovesick smile on her face. 

 

‘You look sick.’ Hyunjin said. ‘You look like you got some kind of bug.’ 

 

Minjoo sat up. ‘What do you mean by that?’ 

 

Hyunjin looked at her, dead serious. 

 

‘You got the Kim Chaewon bug.’ 

 

Minjoo’s entire face blushed red. She looked down in what Hyunjin assumed was shame. 

 

‘Is it that obvious?’ Minjoo said. 

 

Hyunjin sat down on the bed next to Minjoo and pat her back comfortingly. 

 

‘I’m going to be honest.’ Hyunjin said. ‘Yes. Everyone can see it.’

 

Minjoo held her face in frustration. 

 

‘But,’ Hyunjin added, as to which Minjoo lifted her head back up to look at her, ‘it’s totally obvious that Chaewon likes you too. Everyone can see that, too.’ 

 

At her words, Minjoo’s face broke out into a huge grin and Hyunjin couldn’t help but smile along with her. She loved seeing people in love, especially when it was this wholesome. It also helped inspire some of the music that she would write. 

 

‘You should ask her out.’ Hyunjin said. Then she added jokingly, ‘like right now.’ 

 

What she didn’t expect was for Minjoo to actually agree. 

 

Hyunjin had only blinked when Minjoo stood up suddenly from her bed.

 

‘You know what?’ Minjoo said. ‘I will!’ 

 

‘Huh?’ 

 

Minjoo turned to Hyunjin and smiled, taking out her phone. ‘I want to ask her out right now. I’m going over to her place right now.’ 

 

Hyunjin was stunned, to say the least. Never before has she seen someone so certain about a decision that had literally been made two seconds before. 

 

‘Oh, um… good luck!’ 

 

………………..

 

It was quite nice, actually, having the room alone. Minjoo was very nice, don’t get Hyunjin wrong, and she was pretty quiet, just sitting on her side of the bed and reading her book, but the energy is always different when there’s another person in the room. 

 

Ten minutes had passed since Minjoo had left and Hyunjin had changed into her PJs, which consisted of a crop top and some sweatpants. It was pretty warm in the hotel. Also, she wanted to do some ab workouts since she, Yujin and Ryujin were planning to go for a swim when she got back. 

 

Suddenly, there was a knock on her door. 

 

‘Just a second!’ Hyunjin said. Then she mumbled to herself, ‘Minjoo’s back already?’ 

 

Her stomach dropped. Chaewon must have rejected Minjoo. There was no way Minjoo would come back that quickly. Unless both of them were too shy and Minjoo was coming back to freak out to Hyunjin. That also seemed very plausible to Hyunjin as she remembered just how shy and flustered the two were the entire trip. 

 

But, when she opened the door, nothing could prepare her for the sight waiting for her. 


‘H-heejin?’ 

 

Standing outside of Hyunjin’s door was none other than Jeon Heejin, the reason behind Hyunjin’s grief the entire day. Heejin was already dressed into her PJs, which was only a white oversized T-shirt that hung up to her knees and round rimmed glasses were perched up onto her nose. Hyunjin could see Heejin’s sculpted jawline well since her hair was up into a messy bun and Hyunjin was in complete shambles. 

 

Jeon Heejin was pretty. Jeon Heejin always looked good. But there was something about seeing her in something that looked so domestic and so casual that sent Hyunjin’s heart into a frenzy. 

 

It was especially hard for Hyunjin to calm her heart down when Heejin was looking at her with that same pretty smile. 

 

‘Hey!’ Hyunjin said. ‘Uh, what’s up?’ 

 

Heejin scratched her head. 

 

If Hyunjin was in shambles before, Heejin’s next words absolutely demolished her entire being. 

 

‘You see...’ Heejin smiled sheepishly, ‘I was wondering if I could maybe… stay here the night?’ 

 

Hyunjin was speechless, to say the least. She was frozen in her spot and her mind was going so fast that it seemed that everything was happening in slow motion. A strand of hair had fallen from Heejin’s bun as she scratched the side of her head and it was almost like Hyunjin could hear the sound of Heejin’s finger rubbing against the top of her ear lobe as she tucked it behind her ear. 

 

‘Uh… sure?’ Hyunjin said, ‘but when Minjoo comes back you’re probably going to have to sleep on the couch, if that’s okay with you?’ 

 

‘Trust me. I don’t think she’ll be coming back to your room anytime soon.’ 

 

Hyunjin’s eyes followed Heejin as she made her way into the room and perched herself onto the couch by the window. ‘What do you mean by that?’ 

 

‘Do you know Kim Chaewon?’ 

 

‘Yes, why?’ 

 

‘Minjoo likes her.’ 

 

Hyunjin chuckled. ‘I’m aware of that. She’s my roommate. She actually just went there to confess to her.’ 

 

‘I know she did.’ 

 

‘How? She literally just made the decision to ask her out 10 minutes ago.’ 

 

Heejin leaned back on the couch, smirking slightly to herself. 

 

‘I was present for the confession.’ 

 

Hyunjin only stared at Heejin with a blank expression. 

 

‘I’m Chaewon’s roommate.’
 

‘Ohhhh!’ Hyunjin laughed. ‘That makes a lot of sense.’ 

 

Heejin only nodded. 

 

‘Well, then, you’re more than welcome to stay here until Minjoo comes back.’ Hyunjin said, gesturing around the room with both hands. 

 

‘Actually,’ Heejin said, ‘Minjoo’s not planning on coming back.’ 

 

‘Oh.’ Hyunjin said. 

 

‘Looks like you and I are going to be roommates.’ 

 

Hyunjin blinked. 

 

‘Oh.’ 

 

Yeah, Hyunjin was going to die. 

 

‘Were you songwriting?’ 

 

Hyunjin glanced at the open notebook near her guitar. She quickly made her way over to close it and hide it in her bag. 

 

‘Just a little bit.’ Hyunjin said. ‘Mostly, just writing about what I did today.’ 

 

Heejin hummed to herself and strolled over to Hyunjin’s guitar, strumming it lightly. Usually, Hyunjin would feel protective of her guitar, but there was something about seeing Heejin with it that was so satisfying to Hyunjin. 

 

‘Are you tired?’ Heejin said. 

 

Hyunjin shook her head. It was only 10pm, anyways. Hyunjin was very much a night owl because she liked to compose during that time, it was always when she’d let her emotions take over. 

 

Heejin let out a cheeky smile and Hyunjin shot her a cautious look. That never was good news. 

 

‘Wanna come vibe with me in Japan? Again?’ 

 

…………………

 

Hyunjin had no idea how she had ended up in this situation. 

 

It was so easy. She could have just made up an excuse such as being uncomfortable walking around so late at night, or being scared of getting into trouble by the teachers. 

 

But for some reason, saying ‘yes’ to Heejin felt even easier. Being around Heejin was easy. 

 

And after Heejin and Hyunjin had ran around the nearby parks, taking pictures of each other with the cheap polaroid they found from a street vendor, after they leaned against the railings in front of the sea and closed their eyes to bask in the wind blowing in their faces, Hyunjin realised that falling for Jeon Heejin was probably the easiest thing she has ever done in her life. 

 

It wasn’t that hard to admit nor was it hard to figure out. When you feel like you’re flying everytime you are around someone, chances are that you have fallen in love with them. Hyunjin knew that really well. 

 

When the train lurched a little on their way back, Hyunjin was thrown into the back of Heejin’s body, her arms coming up to quickly steady herself. She had quickly removed herself from Heejin, laughing to themselves, the sound of her own laughter mixing with Heejin’s sending a warm feeling down her body. 

 

It’s safe to say, that Hyunjin fell asleep that night with a smile on her face, feeling at home with Heejin’s arm wrapped around her waist, engulfing her with her wonderful Heejin scent, Hyunjin’s senses tingling from hearing Heejin’s soft breathing behind her ear. 

 

As she drifted off into dreamland, the last image playing in Hyunjin’s mind was the way Heejin had been softly smiling at her under the moonlight. 

 

……………….

 

‘No offense, Heejin, but you kinda at this game.’ 

 

‘Shut up, I’m trying, okay?’ 

 

‘Maybe if you tried it like this--’ 

 

‘Shhhh. Miss Perfect, I’ve got this, let me be.’ 

 

‘I’m not perfect but I can promise you I know the secret to a claw machine. Why are you so set on winning that rabbit plushie, anyways?’ 

 

Heejin pursed her lips, focusing hard on the task at hand. She had chosen not to respond to Hyunjin’s last sentence, looking only at the rabbit plushie in the container. 

 

Suddenly, she felt Hyunjin’s hand on hers, guiding her to the right spot. It was a feeling both of them had grown used to since they had been wandering the city hand in hand or with linked arms as to not lose each other in the crowd. (Or at least that’s what they liked to think). 

 

They had found, quite quickly, that Hyunjin’s hands were massive compared to Heejin’s, something that Heejin found very amusing for some reason. And even though Hyunjin’s hand seemed to be twice Heejin’s hand, they seemed to fit together perfectly. Heejin especially liked clinging onto three of Hyunjin’s fingers with her smaller hand whenever they seemed to not be doing anything, while waiting in line at the clothes store, while crossing the busy road of Shibuya and whenever Heejin would get excited seeing the manga store. 

 

Soon enough, Heejin was pulling out a rabbit plushie from the machine. 

 

‘You’re unbelievable.’ Heejin shook her head, after smiling gleefully at the rabbit. 

 

‘I didn’t do anything.’ Hyunjin laughed lightly. ‘You were the one holding the knob, not me.’ 

 

Heejin pursed her lips and narrowed her eyes playfully at Hyunjin. 

 

‘Fine.’ Heejin said. ‘Well, then you keep the stuffed toy. Pretend I won it for you.’ 

 

Hyunjin eyed the animal a little bit, it was pretty cute and seemed pretty cuddly. She could see Yujin cuddling with it whenever she stayed over. Even before Jang Wonyoung, Yujin always seemed to love rabbits and bunnies. And hamsters. She was especially fond of hamsters. Honestly, Yujin loved all animals except for ducks which she would frequently terrorise every time she saw them. Something about looking like her cousin. 

 

Hyunjin took the stuffed toy. ‘Fine. But you choose something for me to get.’ 

 

‘Deal.’ Heejin held out her hand and she and Hyunjin shook their perfectly fitting hands together. 

 

Heejin and Hyunjin left the arcade and ventured into a cute bakery that also seemed to be some convenience store, as there were other things there such as keychains and hats. Heejin had to let out a laugh when she heard Hyunjin let out a tiny meow. 

 

‘So, from what I’ve learnt about you, so far, you have five personality traits.’ 

 

Hyunjin raised an eyebrow mid bite. 

 

Heejin raised up one finger, ‘One, you like music.’ 

 

She raised up a second and third finger. 

 

‘Two, softball. Three, you like bread.’ 

 

Finally, she raised a fourth and fifth finger. 

 

‘Four, you’re a freaking weirdo and five, you’re a freaking weirdo who MEOWS.’ 

 

Hyunjin swallowed her bread, nodding satisfactorily to herself.

 

‘Aren’t you going to say anything to defend yourself?’ 

 

Hyunjin shook her head. She made an O sign with her fingers. 

 

‘You’re spot on, Jeon Heejin. Except for one thing.’ 

 

Heejin raised her eyebrow. Hyunjin signaled for her to lean in closer as if she was telling her a huge secret.

 

‘I bark, too.’ 

 

And then, Hyunjin proceeded to bark in the middle of the damn bakery, and Heejin nearly leapt across the table to cover Hyunjin’s mouth. She looked around the room, embarrassed, especially when she saw a few people eyeing them curiously from around them. She bowed slightly in apology on behalf of Hyunjin. 

 

‘That was embarrassing but that was the coolest thing I’ve ever seen.’ Heejin said, causing Hyunjin to smile brightly at that comment. 

 

‘Thanks.’ Hyunjin said, a satisfied look on her face and she took a small bite of her bread. 

 

‘You can do anything. You’re literally perfect.’ 

 

Hyunjin froze. There was that word again. Perfect. She hated that word. 

 

‘I’m not perfect.’ Hyunjin said, trying hard to keep a smile on her face. 

 

‘You keep saying that.’ Heejin’s voice was calm and steady. ‘What makes you say that?’ 

 

Hyunjin put down the piece of bread onto her plate and traced the outside of her glass cup. She looked at Heejin who was looking at her with so much warmth and care and she could feel her insides lightening and feeling at peace. 

 

Hyunjin sighed. 

 

‘I’m a fraud.’ 

 

Heejin’s expression remained unchanged, instead she tried to convince Hyunjin to keep going by beckoning her with a nod of her head. 

 

‘My heart isn’t fully into softball. But it should be. I have a gift, I’ve been given all these wonderful opportunities but to me, softball is like a chore to me. I don’t enjoy it nor do I dislike it, I just coast along with it. That’s why I feel like a fraud all the time.’ 

 

‘And what is your heart into? Fully?’ 

 

Hyunjin sat up slightly in her seat. 

 

‘Music.’ 

 

The simple word got Heejin’s face breaking out into a smile. It was a satisfied smile, as if she was expecting that answer. 

 

‘So, play music!’ 

 

Hyunjin laughed bitterly, her shoulders deflating softly. 

 

‘That’s my other flaw.’ Hyunjin said. ‘I’m too much of a coward.’ 

 

‘Why?’ 

 

‘Because everything is pointing me to go in one direction and I don’t want to choose to go on a different path that could lead me to a dead end.’ 

 

Heejin went silent. 

 

‘Playing softball, it makes my Dad happy, and he’s invested so much time and money to get me to where I am now.’ Hyunjin said. ’I just want to pay him back. Live his broken dream. Because of him, I’m basically guaranteed a spot at Seoul University and the coach says that there’s no doubt I’ll be able to join the national league, and then eventually the international league. I’m scared of breaking him, of disappointing him if I don’t do this.’ 

 

‘None of that matters if your heart is telling you something else.’ Heejin said. 

 

Hyunjin shook her head. ‘But if I pursue music, there’s no guarantee that I will succeed. The path looks so scary.’ 

 

She poked at the her food. 

 

‘Besides, it would crush me to fail at something that makes my heart happy.’ 

Hyunjin jumped a little when Heejin banged her fist onto the table. 

 

‘But you’re not going to fail!’ 

 

‘You don’t know that.’ 

 

Heejin pursed her lips, studying Hyunjin’s face. Hyunjin could see her steadying her thoughts, as if she was rehearsing what she was going to say in her head.

 

‘As a songwriter,’ Heejin said slowly, softening her voice from before, ‘you fail when you make and release something that absolutely nobody in this world won’t ever like or relate to, including yourself.’ 

 

Hyunjin scratched her head. ‘I mean, that would be pretty easy to do.’ 

 

Heejin shook her head. ‘No way. There will always be someone who will like what you make.’ 

 

‘I beg to differ.’ 

 

‘Nope.’. 

 

‘And how do you know?’ 

 

Heejin stood up suddenly, staring straight at Hyunjin. Hyunjin wondered how she could still look pretty from that angle. 

 

‘Because I’m your #1 fan and I will like everything you write.’ 

 

Heejin with so much finality and determination that Hyunjin felt like she had to believe the girl’s words. 

 

She followed along as Heejin wrapped her small hand around her three fingers and pulled her towards the knick knack section of the bakery. 

 

‘As your #1 fan, I’m going to need the first official Kim Hyunjin merch.’ 

 

Hyunjin chuckled to herself. ‘And that is?’ 

 

Heejin pointed to something hanging in front of them. 

 

‘That.’ 

 

Hyunjin followed her finger to the object. 

 

It was a small guitar keychain, painted the softest and prettiest pastel yellow Hyunjin had ever seen. As someone who liked darker colors, Hyunjin shivered a little bit. 

 

‘Why don’t you use the black one? Or the purple? That’s my favorite color.’ 

 

Heejin shook her head. 

 

‘It has to be this one. It has a meaning behind it.’ 

 

Hyunjin crossed her arms. ‘Which is?’ 

 

‘Yellow is a happy color. Your music makes me happy.’ 

 

‘You’ve never heard my compositions before.’ 

 

‘But it still makes me happy. You know why? Because seeing how happy it makes you makes me feel happy.’

 

Hyunjin only looked at Heejin, cocking her head to the side as she studied her face. Hyunjin realised what was so attractive about Jeon Heejin, why she couldn’t stop hearing her or seeing her whenever she was around. 

 

Hyunjin could feel the connection. It was like they were on the same wavelength. Heejin’s thoughts always resonated with Hyunjin, that was something else she had noticed these past few days. It’s like, every time Heejin spoke, the ropes that bonded them together would grow ever so slightly. It probably won’t be that long until those ropes reached each other, entangling themselves together.

 

The word: soulmate, crossed Hyunjin’s mind. 

 

On the train back, when Hyunjin was lurched yet again onto Heejin’s smaller frame, she simply wrapped her arms the other girl’s waist and rested her chin on her shoulder while watching Japan go by through the window, the smell of cinnamon making Hyunjin fall deeper and deeper. 

 

………………

 

The yellow guitar keychain dangled on Heejin’s backpack, calling for Hyunjin. She watched with a sigh as Ryujin was using her infamous Ryujin charm on her, the smirk, the pose. Heejin’s back was to Hyunjin, so she could only see her tilting her head to the side in what Hyunjin assumed was her crinkly eyed smile aimed at the sky. She saw Ryujin’s smirk turn into a smile. 

 

Hyunjin looked away. 

 

‘Shin Ryujin.’ Yujin cheered as Ryujin made her way back over to them. ‘So, when’s the wedding?’ 

 

Ryujin scratched her head, chuckling awkwardly. 

 

‘I don’t think the date’s happening anytime soon.’ Ryujin said, ‘Heejin said she’s kind of busy at the moment, but she’ll let me know, she said.’ 

 

Hyunjin shot a glance at Heejin who was leaving the airport with her sister holding her luggage for her. 

 

‘I wonder if something happened to her while she was away.’ Yujin said.

 

Hyunjin’s body started to feel heavy. Her fingers twitched unfortably on the straps of her backpack. She started to feel awkward. Guilty, even. 

 

If she told Ryujin about her feelings for Heejin, Ryujin will probably think that she’s competing with her, yet again. They had promised each other they would never fight over a girl again. Hyunjin had promised herself never to like even the same things Ryujin did, for the sake of their friendship. 

 

Hyunjin wanted to kick herself. How could she have let herself fall for Heejin? 

 

‘Did Kim Minjoo and Kim Chaewon hook up?’ Yujin raised an eyebrow, an amused look on her face. ‘They look awfully close.’ 

 

‘The school trip couples, happens all the time.’ Ryujin said. ‘People always hook up with someone while they’re away in another country, there’s always something in the air. But they never last long. The feelings usually goes away after a bit. It’s like a fling.’ 

 

Of course! Hyunjin almost wanted to smack her face. That must have been it. She did spend an awful amount of alone time with Heejin. That plus exploring Japan must have played with her mind. Hyunjin was probably just caught up in the moment. She probably just enjoyed having someone who understood her music, too. 

 

Her feelings for Heejin were probably just a temporary thing. 

 

Her confusion would go away if she just avoided her. 

 

… Right?

 

……………….

 

Jang Wonyoung strolled out of the gym change rooms, in the process of tying her hair up into a ponytail. 

 

She made her way to her usual set of friends, a mixture of cheerleaders, choir students and their sets of friends. Wonyoung was quite the social butterfly, and was great at maintaining good relationships with people she talked to. Something she’s picked up on from her mother, seeing as she needed it for her profession. Well, Wonyoung couldn’t tell if she picked up on it or if it was simply instilled into her mind from a young age. 

 

‘Ahn Yujin looks really fluffy today.’ a girl sighed, causing everyone in the group to collectively turn to look at Yujin, all sighing in agreement, too. Everyone except for Wonyoung, of course. 

 

If Wonyoung were to turn around, though, she would have seen that Yujin was in her normal gym clothes, her toned arms showing through her short sleeved shirt and one hand casually resting inside the pocket of her sweatpants. The difference today was that Yujin now had her hair in a cute, messy bun that made her look like she had just gotten out of bed. Her face seemed a little puffy, too, in a cute way. Must have been the tteokbokki she ate before she went to bed. That’s what Wonyoung thought. At least, that’s what she would have thought IF she turned around to look at her but she definitely didn’t do that. 

 

‘Come on, girls,’ their gym teacher clapped for everyone to come over, ‘get on the floor. Huddle up!’ (A/N: FUN NA NA NA NA NA NAAA NAAAA FUN-)

 

Wonyoung along with her friends, made their way onto the gym, Wonyoung making sure to say as far away from Yujin as possible, who hasn’t spared one glance her way yet. Wonyoung scoffed to herself at that. She claimed to like her but obviously she didn’t like her enough because it seemed like Yujin had moved on quickly. Especially with the way she was giggling with Yabuki Nako. 

 

‘Everyone stand in a line. Ahn Yujin, Baek Jiheon! Choose heads or tails.’ 

 

Yujin gestured towards Jiheon. 

 

‘Heads.’ Jiheon said. 

 

The coach flipped a coin. 

 

‘It’s tails!’ The coach said. ‘Ahn Yujin, choose your first teammate for dodgeball.’ 

 

Yujin’s eyes surveyed the girls in the line and Wonyoung crossed her arms, already expecting Yujin to shoot her the infamous Yujin smile when her eyes reached Wonyoung. 

 

Except she didn’t. 

 

Her eyes never even seemed to land on Wonyoung. 

 

Yujin just skipped past her as if she wasn’t there. 

 

‘Nako yah.’ 

 

Wonyoung’s head shot up. 

 

‘Hiichan!’ Jiheon said straight after. 

 

Yujin pursed her lips, glancing over the girls and yet again skipping over Wonyoung. And it happened again. And again. 

 

One by one, Yujin and Jiheon had picked person after person, the number of girls standing on the line trickling as they went to join either side. Eventually all that was left was Wonyoung and another girl that was notorious for being terrible at sports. Everyone knew, even her. That was just her charm. She was better at video games, anyways. 

 

Wonyoung prepared herself for Yujin’s infamous smile once again. She probably did this on purpose, leaving Wonyoung for last just to annoy her. So much for that promise. So much for that deal. 

 

‘Minhee-ya, get over here!’ 

 

Wonyoung had to stop her jaw from hanging open as the short girl shyly made her way over to Yujin’s side. Then the coach’s voice boomed through the gym. 

 

‘Miss Jang, lucky last on Jiheon’s team!’ 

 

………….

 

‘Wow, Yujin!’

 

‘That save was so heroic!’ 

 

‘You were so cool!’ 

 

It was after gym class and everyone was finishing up in the changerooms. There were a group of girls surrounding Yujin while she was packing up her bag, all of them praising her for how cool she looked playing dodgeball. 

 

Wonyoung rolled her eyes. All she had done was catch a dodgeball that was heading straight for Nako’s face. Nothing special about it. Yes, she had to leap towards it and drop her own dodgeball to catch it in time and yes because of that she had won the game for her team, but still, Wonyoung thought it wasn’t anything special. 

 

She didn’t know why the girls were making such a big deal out of it, it’s not like she hadn’t done that before. A video of her saving Wonyoung in almost the exact same way went viral about a month ago, anyways. Wonyoung was saved first. Not Nako. Like Wonyoung said, nothing special and it annoyed her how much people were making a big deal of it. 

 

She watched as the girl in the locker beside Yujin was struggling to carry all of her stuff, her notebook about to fall onto the floor. 

 

‘Woah!’ Yujin suddenly reached out to grab the falling notebook. She caught it cooly with one hand. 

 

Wonyoung could see the girls practically melting when Yujin smiled at the girl and handed her notebook back. 

 

‘Careful there.’ Yujin said. 

 

Wonyoung almost wanted to laugh out loud. Also, nothing special, Yujin had also done the same to her a month ago. On the first day of school, actually. 

 

Typical Yujin move. She probably did it for everyone. 

 

Wonyoung smirked and grabbed her water bottle and balanced it on top of her sports bag. She purposely tilted it slightly so that it would roll off of her bag. 

 

As the water bottle fell, she waited for that quick reflex hand to reach other and grab it. 

 

But, when she heard the sound of the metal clanking against the hard surface Wonyoung’s face grew red. 

 

Everyone had turned towards the noise, everyone now had their eyes on Wonyoung and her now scratched or maybe even dented water bottle on the ground. 

 

‘Sorry,’ Wonyoung mumbled to them as she hastily picked up her drink bottle. 

 

When she stood back up, most of the girls had turned away and went back to their own business. Most of the girls except for one. 

 

For the first time in the entire class, Wonyoung locked eyes with Yujin, who was staring at her with a look that Wonyoung couldn’t quite decipher. It was only quick, as Yujin looked away just as quickly as Wonyoung looked at her. 

 

Wonyoung adjusted her sports bag with a smile. Maybe Yujin still liked her. 

 

Not that Wonyoung was happy about it. Why should she care if Yujin still liked her or not? It was just amusing to her, nothing else. 

 

…………………..

 

A/N: For someone so profound Hyunjin is dumb as hell. Originally was just gonna stop right after 2jin but I had to add in the annyeongz cause i love them uwu. 

 

Thank you to everyone who’s been reading and commenting on my story!