CH. VIII

three time's the charm (3jin au)

CH. VIII

 

‘21!’ 

 

‘22!’ 

 

‘23!’ 

 

‘Give up!’ 

 

‘Never!’ 

 

‘24!’ 

 

‘25!’ 

 

‘26!’ 

 

‘27!’

 

‘Okay, , I can’t do this anymore.’ 

 

‘Haha!’ Hyunjin lowered herself down from doing her pullups. ‘I win!’ 

 

Ryujin rubbed her arms in pain. ‘Hey, in softball you have to use a lot of upper body strength, but my legs can crush yours anyday.’ 

 

‘Then why are mine juicier than yours?’ 

 

‘Both of you shut up, you’re both thick.’ Yujin threw towels at their faces, having just finished doing some bench presses. She picked up her own towel to wipe the sweat from her back and then flicked it over to rest on her shoulder, taking a swig of water. 

 

‘Thank you, Yujin.’ Hyunjin faked shedding a tear. 

 

‘I am touched.’ Ryujin said. 

 

Yujin waved her hand in dismissal. 

 

‘You guys doing anything tonight?’ Hyunjin said while stretching out some of her muscles by moving her arms in circular motions.

 

‘I’m free.’ Yujin said. 

 

‘Sick.’ Hyunjin said. ‘Movie and ramen night?’ 

 

‘Hell, yeah!’ Yujin hi-fived her. ‘Count me in.’ 

 

Hyunjin looked towards Ryujin. 

 

‘You free?’ 

 

Ryujin shook her head, a scowl on her face. 

 

‘Remember how my sister saved the Mayor’s life?’ 

 

‘Your Mom hasn’t let us forget.’ Hyunjin said. 

 

Ryujin sighed. ‘We’ve been invited to have dinner at his house tonight. The whole family. Including me.’ 

 

‘Can we come with you?’ Yujin said, her eyes widening and an excited smile on her face. Ryujin could almost see the metaphorical tail swinging back and forth behind the puppy-like girl. ‘I bet the house is huge!’ 

 

‘I bet so, too.’ Ryujin said. ‘We’re being picked up by his driver. If he’s rich enough to own a driver than he must be rich enough to live in a mansion.’ 

 

‘I’m pretty sure he’s married to like, the CEO of Korean Airlines, as well.’ Hyunjin said. ‘So, they’re like, loaded.’ 

 

‘That sounds so cool.’ Yujin said. Then she sighed dreamily. ‘I think it’s my dream to live in a mansion like that.’ 

 

‘Yeah,’ Ryujin said, ‘I really wish you could come with me.’ 

 

‘Same, here.’ Yujin pouted. ‘But hey, can you at least let me help you pick an outfit? You’re going to meet the Mayor!’ 

 

Ryujin shrugged. If it were up to her, she’d probably end up wearing jeans and sweatshirt, anyways. So, it’s best if she had more people help her choose an outfit. 

 

…………………

 

After what spent like hours trying to choose an outfit (it was all Yujin, too, Ryujin and Hyunjin just sat back and watched as Yujin tore through Ryujin’s closet), Yujin finally found a decent outfit for Ryujin. Soon after Yujin and Hyunjin left, the car the Mayor had sent arrived in front of Ryujin’s house, and she jogged down the stairs while adding some last minute touches to her hair. Anything to get her Mom to stop yelling from the staircase. 

 

They were inside the tinted black car, with a driver named Wonil and Ryujin was fed up listening to Miyeon tell her Mom about all of the happenings in the hospital, and how she was up to the stage where she interns with the neurosurgeons. 

 

Luckily, they seemed to have arrived at the mansion, as the driver had rolled down the window for the security to look at him. It was then that Ryujin saw the large gates of the mansion and dropped. 

 

‘I knew they were rich, but it’s still shocking how RICH rich they are…’ Ryujin leaned in to whisper to her sister. ‘This is crazy.’ 

 

‘Ryujin, please do me a favor, if they have any children that’s our age, I’m begging you to try and marry them. Or set them up with one of your friends.’ 

 

‘Hyunjin would be the better choice.’ Ryujin joked. ‘Yujin would have too much of a moral dilemma to use them for their money.’ 

 

‘And you don’t?’ Miyeon laughed. 

 

‘Neither would Hyunjin.’ 

 

‘Be quiet, both of you.’ Their Mom sent them a warning glance. When she looked away the two sisters sent each other amused glances. 

 

Even Ryujin’s Mom couldn’t ruin Ryujin’s mood. 

 

Ryujin was in awe as the car drove through the road of hedges and parking right in front of the large mansion. When she stepped foot out of the car (that butlers opened for her) she was instantly drawn to the pretty fountain in the middle of the roundabout. 

 

‘Welcome!’ Ryujin heard a voice from behind her. 

 

She turned around to see the Mayor with his wife on his side, both of them looking like powerful people. Ryujin had to swallow to wet her drying throat, she had to admit she was feeling a little intimidated in front of them. 

 

Ryujin and her family both bowed in front of the Mayor, then they all took turns shaking his hand, Miyeon of course being the first one to shake their hands. 

 

When Ryujin got to the Mayor’s wife, the CEO of Korea airlines, she noticed that she looked a little familiar, at least some features of her face were giving Ryujin a sense of dejavu. Then she remembered how she was constantly on the news. 

 

They were lead through the front door, and Ryujin had to freeze for a second to the large staircase in front of her as well as the bright lights reflecting on the shiny tiles and walls. 

 

So, this was what it was like to live rich. 

 

Ryujin had to shake herself out of her daze as she felt one of the butler’s ask for her coat. 

 

‘Come, come to the living room!’ The Mayor’s wife gestured towards a room to the right. ‘Would you like a drink of anything? We have red wine, white wine, juice if you are underaged. Don’t worry, my daughter will be drinking juice tonight, too.’ 

 

Ryujin suppressed her urge to laugh when he directed the last part towards her. Did she really look that young? 

 

‘Thank you, sir.’ Ryujin bowed. ‘But I’m a senior in High School. I’m 18 years old.’ 

 

The Mayor chuckled, bowing back. ‘My apologies, Shin Ryujin ssi.’ 

 

‘Speaking of our daughter, where is she?’ The Mayor’s wife laughed. She locked gazes with one of the butlers, who immediately bowed and made his way up the stairs. 

 

They sat around the living area, which looked bigger than Ryujin’s entire house. She laughed quietly to herself when she noticed the Nintendo switch on the shelf under the HUGE TV. Yujin and Hyunjin would be geeking out right now if they saw that. Honestly, so was Ryujin. Those three were huge Smash fans. 

 

‘Miyeon ssi,’ the Mayor said as they seated themselves onto various chairs and couches around the living room, ‘I cannot thank you enough for saving my life on the plane.’ 

 

That was when Ryujin started to zone out a little bit. She squirmed a little bit when she found something vibrate from under her. With an eyebrow raised, she leaned a bit to the side to reveal a phone peaking out from between the cushions. 

 

When Ryujin picked up the phone she caught sight of the screen and she almost dropped the phone when she saw the notification that had buzzed on the it. 

 

New Story post from Ahn Yujin. 

 

She turned over the phone to see if she could have any clue as to who’s phone it was. Whoever it was, seemed to know Yujin. Not just know her, but they even had her post notifications on, whoever it was was very keen on Yujin. 

 

‘I swear, I left my phone in here--’ a voice said, freezing when she saw the many people in the room. ‘Oh, hi Dad!’ 

 

The Mayor laughed. ‘Everyone, this is my daughter, Wonyoung.’ 

 

Ryujin had never looked up so fast. 

 

She stared at the girl who was bowing, almost wanting to laugh at how funny the situation was. 

 

And when Wonyoung came back up and locked eyes with Ryujin, Ryujin really had to purse her lips to stop herself from cracking up laughing. Wonyoung looked so shocked to see her sitting there. 

 

‘Is this your phone?’ Ryujin said, innocently handing out the phone towards Wonyoung. 

 

Wonyoung bowed. ‘Yes, thank you.’ 

 

‘No problem,’ Ryujin said as Wonyoung came over to take her phone. 

 

Then Ryujin smirked. 

 

‘I think you got a notification.’ 

 

Wonyoung took a look at her phone. Then her entire face went red. 

 

‘Right! Thank you.’ Wonyoung smiled despite how embarrassed she looked. ‘Would you please excuse my tardiness but I have to finish freshening up in the ladies’ room.’ 

 

Ryujin stood up at that. 

 

‘Actually, may you show me to the bathroom, please?’ 

 

Wonyoung looked at Ryujin hesitantly. Then she forced a smile. 

 

‘Of course!’ Wonyoung said, gesturing towards the door. ‘Right this way.’ 

 

‘Thank you,’ Ryujin said, stopping right in front of the girl, ‘Wonyoung.’ 

 

For once, she was thankful that her sister was an overachieving future Doctor who saved the Mayor’s life. 

 

……………………….

 

‘You’re playing as Pit?’ Yujin said. ‘Well, guess what?’ 

 

‘What?’ Hyunjin deadpanned. 

 

‘I’m playing as Dark Pit!’ Yujin said. ‘I challenge you to a Pit off!’ 

 

Hyunjin sat up straighter. ‘Oh, it’s on! .’ 

 

Yujin pouted, her entire demeanor changing. ‘You really think so?’ 

 

Hyunjin raised an eyebrow. Then she shook her head when she finally realised what Yujin was referring to. 

 

‘Of course, I don’t think you’re a , Yujin.’ Hyunjin said. ‘You’re my baby.’ 

 

Yujin smiled. ‘I know! I just like hearing you say it.’ 

 

Hyunjin pretended to gag. Then she threw one arm around Yujin’s neck as if she was choking her. ‘Are you tricking me into being soft?’ 

 

Yujin just laughed loudly, especially when Hyunjin started to tickle. 

 

‘You want soft? I’ll give you soft.’ Hyunjin said. Then she started to plant kisses all over Yujin. ‘My small baby, Yujinnie, I love you my child. Let me give you a kith~’ 

 

Yujin let out a horrified yell at Hyunjin’s attempt at acting cute. The way her voice went up in pitch was the scariest thing Yujin had heard all day. 

 

‘No!’ Yujin said. ‘Stop it! Noooo!’ 

 

Hyunjin let her go with a satisfied smile. ‘You asked for it.’ 

 

Yujin fixed her hair and straightened her clothes. 

 

‘I just wanted you to admit that you care about me.’ Yujin said. 

 

‘Why?’ Hyunjin laughed. ‘You already know that. Why do you think you put me down as your emergency contact as soon as I turned 18?’ 

 

‘I would have put Ryujin unnie, too, but you turned 18 first. Besides, I only have to put one of you, because I know that if one of you came, the other will come, too.’ 

 

Hyunjin punched lightly at Yujin’s arm with a smile. ‘You know it, bro.’ 

 

Yujin lightly punched her back in the same way. ‘Love you, bro.’ 

 

Hyunjin sent Yujin a brief air kiss. 

 

‘Will you still love me after I beat your in Smash?’ 

 

Yujin, raised an eyebrow. 

 

‘Now, who said that?’ 

 

‘Loser has to buy ramen?’ 

 

‘You’re on.’ 

 

In the end, Yujin ended up losing badly, just like Hyunjin had said.

 

‘Now, I’m pumped for ramen.’ Hyunjin smiled cheekily at Yujin. 

 

Yujin just sighed in defeat. ‘I’ll go get my wallet.’ 

 

Yujin left the room, leaving a fist pumping Hyunjin happily wiggling her shoulders.

 

As soon as Yujin left, she felt her phone buzz. 

 

Peering at the phone, her smile dropped slightly. 


 

Heejin: you busy right now? 

Heejin: wanna hang out and jam or something? I miss hearing you play guitar


 

Hyunjin bit her lip. 

 

She had been avoiding Heejin ever since they came back from Japan. Which wasn’t too hard considering they only saw each other class. But ignoring the girl who sits next to you is kinda tricky. Hyunjin didn’t want to be rude and ignore her notes that she would pass, but she made sure to keep the conversation short.

 

Reading Heejin’s text again, she wanted to say yes so bad. She wanted to play guitar and she wanted Heejin to sing every song in the world and she wanted to hold her hand again and make her smile and do her happy dance. 

 

But, she knew she shouldn’t. She’d be a bad friend. She didn’t want to risk losing Ryujin. God, she’d do anything as long as Ryujin and Yujin stayed by her side. 

 

Hyunjin stared at the notification on her phone. Then she texted her back. 


 

Hyunjin: sorry, I got a lot of homework. 


 

Heejin replied almost straight away. 


 

Heejin: oh :(( okay next time then

Heejin: Good luck on your homework!


 

Hyunjin let out a sigh of relief. That was a close one. 

 

Just then, Yujin came back into the room. 

 

‘Let’s go get our ramen!’ 

 

Hyunjin didn’t have to be asked twice. She jumped up, pushing away any thoughts of Heejin and clapped Yujin on the back, dragging her out the front door. 

 

They were walking through the streets together with Yujin pouting and clutching her wallet in her pocket. Yujin and Hyunjin planned to go to the convenience store Ryujin worked at, in hopes that they could find a way to get a discount on their ramen because of their connection to Ryujin. It was a long shot but it was worth a try. 

 

Finally, the two made it to the convenience store. 

 

‘Hey, bro?’ Hyunjin smirked at the girl. 

 

Yujin looked at her uneasily as they made their way into the convenience store. 

 

‘I’ll pay for the anything you want to eat here, if you can finish an entire bowl of a ramen of my choosing.’ 

 

Yujin cocked her head to the side. ‘Um, okay? But that’s kind of easy, you know?’ 

 

Hyunjin let out an evil chuckle. ‘Oh, but I’m choosing the ramen, remember?’ 

 

Yujin looked at the ramen Hyunjin was holding in her hands. When she saw what it was, her eyes bulged out of her sockets. 

 

It was one of the spiciest instant ramen in Korea. People would challenge themselves to try to eat it and they would always end in tears. 

 

‘Oh, hell no!’ Yujin said. ‘You know I can’t handle spicy food Hyunjin, but especially this monstrosity! I might as well throw myself into a volcano!’ 

 

‘But, if you finish it I can buy all of the milk in the shop just for you!’ 

 

‘No, way.’ Yujin huffed. 

 

‘Okay, what about half?’ Hyunjin said. ‘I’ll help you out, too.’

 

Yujin stared at the ramen. 

 

‘I think you should do it, Yujin.’ said a voice from behind them. 

 

Yujin and Hyunjin both turned in shock because the person knew Yujin’s name. But then they saw who it was. 

 

‘Oh my God!’ Yujin said. 

 

‘Lee Chaeryeong? Is that you?’ Hyunjin laughed. 

 

Chaeryeong struck a pose. ‘The one and only.’ 

 

‘It feels like I haven’t seen you in so long!’ Yujin said. ‘How are you, unnie? Still playing soccer?’ 

 

Chaeryeong pointed to her leg. 

 

‘As you may have heard, I broke my leg so I have to sit out for most of this season. I should be okay by the quarter finals, though.’ 

 

Hyunjin bent down to poke at her cast. 

 

‘Wow, I’m really sorry to hear that.’ Yujin said.

 

Chaeryeong shrugged, ‘ah well. Stuff happens. So, what are you guys doing here? Ryujin didn’t take you to the mansion?’ 

 

‘Nah, she left us to fend for ourselves.’ 

 

‘That .’ Chaeryeong said. ‘But I understand her, wouldn’t want you two embarrassing me in front of the Mayor.’ 

 

‘Hey!’ Yujin and Hyunjin said at the same time. 

 

‘I’m kidding.’ Chaeryeong laughed. 

 

Yujin and Hyunjin shook their heads. 

 

‘So, what are you two up to?’ 

 

The three of them started to walk to the counter. 

 

‘Just playing Smash, eating ramen. Actually, you wanna join, if you’re not doing anything?’ Hyunjin said, turning the ramen bowls in her fingers.

 

‘What makes you think I’m not doing anything?’ Chaeryeong raised an eyebrow. 

 

‘You’re in a convenience store at 10pm, nobody comes here unless they’re bored.’ Hyunjin shrugged. 

 

‘Or they work here.’ Chaeryeong chuckled. 

 

‘Oh, yeah! Like Ryujin unnie.’ Yujin added in. 

 

Chaeryeong shook her head. ‘Like Ryujin.’ 

 

Hyunjin scratched her head at the sudden silence. 

 

‘So, you down?’ 

 

Chaeryeong bit her lip, studying Hyunjin and Yujin’s faces. She knew they could be a little slow sometimes, but there had to be no way that they didn’t know that Chaeryeong worked there. 

 

Did Ryujin tell them? 

 

‘Why do you think I’m here?’ Chaeryeong asked the two. 

 

Yujin shrugged. ‘You’re hungry?’ 

 

Chaeryeong’s face turned into a frown. 

 

‘I work here, too.’ Chaeryeong said. ‘Did Ryujin not tell you guys?’ 

 

Yujin and Hyunjin exchanged a look. 

 

‘Uhh… I don’t think, so?’ Yujin said. 

 

‘Not that I remember.’ Hyunjin seconded. 

 

Chaeryeong bit her lip. ‘Oh.’ 

 

Maybe she had hoped that Ryujin had been talking about her to her friends. Was she disappointed? Of course. She felt kind of stupid, too, Lia and Yeji had been on her case for weeks because all she would talk about was Ryujin. Ryujin this, Ryujin that. 

 

And now, Chaeryeong got a feeling that Ryujin barely even thought about her. Which made her feel even more stupid, because Ryujin never seemed to leave Chaeryeong’s mind. 

 

‘Well, surprise? I uh, work here, too.’ Chaeryeong said, forcing a laugh. ‘

 

‘No, way!’ Yujin said. ‘Ryujin didn’t say a word about it!’ 

 

Chaeryeong turned around, Yujin’s words hitting her harder than she liked. 

 

‘You guys wanna eat here? I can join you, if you do.’ 

 

Hyunjin and Yujin looked at each other and shrugged. 

 

‘Hell, yeah!’ 

 

Chaeryeong couldn’t help but smile at the two, despite the sad feeling she felt in her chest, It was cute, seeing how close the two were. It was like they were actually siblings. And even though Hyunjin couldn’t stop laughing her off when Yujin was crying over how spicy the ramen was (even resorting to filming her), Chaeryeong saw how much Hyunjin cared for Yujin, seeing how she instantly prepared milk for her with a soft smile. 

 

‘Hang on, I’m getting a call from an unknown number.’ Yujin said, still teary eyed from the remaining spice.

 

Hyunjin watched her put the phone to her ear. 

 

‘Hello? This is Yujin.’ 

 

A moment passed. 

 

And then. 

 

‘OH MY GOD!’ Yujin yelled. Hyunjin prayed that she had muted her microphone. Not because of the yell, but because of the deafening crash that resounded around them. 

 

In her moment of freaking out, she had knocked over the supply of candy jellies next to her. 

 

‘IT’S WONYOUNG.’ Yujin yelled. 

 

Hyunjin couldn’t hold it in, the moment she saw the look of absolute distraught on Yujin’s face she let out her biggest, most unhinged laugh. Her sides were starting to hurt at how much she was laughing. 

 

‘Yes, yes, sorry, I’m here! I accidentally muted my mic!’ Yujin said. ‘Uh, what’s up?’ 

 

Hyunjin wiped at the tear from her eye. 

 

Chaeryeong has heard all about Yujin’s situation with Wonyoung, she felt sort of invested in their story, if she were to be completely honest. And she could tell by the happy grin Hyunjin gave when she saw Yujin’s eyes lighting up, Chaeryeong knew that Hyunjin was, too. 

 

Chaeryeong could understand just how much Hyunjin and Yujin cared about each other and she could understand why the two were so important to Ryujin. She could imagine what it would be like with all three of them there. 

 

But, Chaeryeong still couldn’t get rid of the nagging feeling in the back of her mind. The feeling she got, that maybe she wasn’t as important to Ryujin as she thought she was. She wasn’t as important to Ryujin than she wished she was. 

 

……………

 

Meanwhile, outside the convenience store, a figure looked into the convenience store, watching Hyunjin, Yujin and Chaeryeong laughing gleefully to themselves, wondering to themselves how coincidental it was that they’d end up at the same place at the same time. 

 

She opened up her phone to stare at one of her most recent text conversations. 



 

Hyunjin: sorry, I got a lot of homework. 



 

The message flashed up at Heejin as if it were taunting her. She sighed and looked into the window again, a frown on her face.

 

Memories of Hyunjin laughing freely with her started to invade her mind and Heejin started to wonder if she had just imagined it all. Did she imagine Hyunjin’s soft gaze while she tried on dresses in Shibuya? Did she imagine the way Hyunjin would inch closer just to hold her hand? Did she imagine the way Hyunjin held her just that little bit tighter as she fell asleep in arms? 

 

Heejin shook her head. Maybe she was just being over dramatic. 

 

Right? 

 

…………..


 

‘Jang Wonyoung.’

 

Wonyoung had led Ryujin to her (very large and very pretty) bathroom, Wonyoung still red under Ryujin’s smirking face. 

 

‘You have a lot of secrets, don’t you?’ Ryujin said. 

 

‘Look, Ryujin sunbaenim, please don’t tell anyone, especially Yujin.’ 

 

‘She’s not going to care.’ Ryujin said. ‘So, you’re rich. Whoopee, big deal.’

 

‘It’s not just that.’ Wonyoung sighed. 

 

‘Oh right, I forgot.’ Ryujin wiggled her eyebrows, ‘you also have her post notifications on.’ 

 

Wonyoung’s skin colour had been returning to normal again, until Ryujin said those words. 

 

‘Yes, you don’t have to remind me.’ Wonyoung rolled her eyes. ‘And what about it?’ 

 

‘Nothing, nothing.’ Ryujin mused. ‘Just find it funny that you got mad at Yujin for stalking you when you’re doing the same thing.’ 

 

‘I’m not stalking her!’ Wonyoung whined. 

 

‘But you like knowing when she posts.’ Ryujin said. ‘Jang Wonyoung, why do you have Yujin’s post notifications on?’ 

 

Wonyoung crossed her arms. 

 

‘Why are you giving me that look?’ Ryujin raised an eyebrow, ‘I should be the one giving you that look, not the other way around.’ 

 

Wonyoung sighed in frustration. 

 

‘You have to promise not to tell her. Or anyone.’ 

 

Ryujin rolled her eyes. ‘I promise.’ 

 

Wonyoung scrunched up her face, fidgeting with her fingers. 

 

‘I may have,’ Wonyoung said, ‘sort of… missed her?’ 

 

Ryujin didn’t react, only watching Wonyoung with her arms still crossed. Though one eyebrow seemed to lift up ever so slightly. 

 

‘She’s pretty cute, okay? I’d have to be blind not to see that.’ 

 

Ryujin mouth fell open. 

 

‘You DO like her!’ 

 

‘No I don’t!’ 

 

‘You’re blushing!’ 

 

Wonyoung pursed her lips into a thin line. Ryujin had to admit she looked kind of adorable mad, no wonder Yujin liked pushing her buttons. But Ryujin couldn’t look at Wonyoung in the same way. Wonyoung felt like a kid, at the most she’d be like her cute little sister. 

 

‘I don’t like her.’ Wonyoung said. ‘I mean, not yet? There’s potential, I guess? I don’t know, why am I talking about this with you!’ 

 

‘I just want to know why you put Yujin through all this grief if you like her--’ Ryujin paused when Wonyoung narrowed her eyes at her, ‘--sorry, you don’t hate her.’ 

 

‘I told her before, I don’t trust her.’ Wonyoung said. 

 

‘Well, I do.’ Ryujin took a step closer. ‘I trust her with my life. I have never trusted anyone more than I trust that girl, Jang Wonyoung. Are you scared she’s going to hurt you? Because, I promise you, Yujin would never hurt a fly. You have my word.’ 

 

Wonyoung smiled a little, thinking how sweet it was that Ryujin cared about Yujin that much. 

 

‘Can I tell you a secret?’ Wonyoung said. 

 

Ryujin nodded. 

 

‘I’m not just the daughter of the Mayor, I’m also the heir of Korean Airlines. I’m an only child.’ 

 

Ryujin looked impressed but also confused. 

 

What did that have to do with Yujin? 

 

‘What I’m saying is that I come with a lot of baggage, and I don’t know if I trust Yujin to stick around for that. Nor do I want to ask too much of her to do that. When I start fulfilling my duties as the future CEO of Korean Airlines, all eyes will be on me and anyone who is close to me.’ Wonyoung paused, as if thinking something over. ‘What will they do to Yujin if they found out she was my girlfriend.’ 

 

‘But who said anything about Yujin being your girlfriend?’ Ryujin said. Then she wiggled her eyebrows. ‘You were the one that brought it up.’ 

 

‘I mean, I’m just assuming that she’d be my girlfriend?’ 

 

Ryujin shrugged. ‘You’d have to like her back for that. Remember, you said so yourself, you don’t like her like that.’ 

 

Wonyoung narrowed her eyes at Ryujin who seemed unphased at her glare. 

 

‘If you don’t like her like that it’s totally fine, but just because she likes you doesn’t mean you guys can’t be friends.’ Ryujin said. 

 

‘Okay, fine. I do like Yujin. Are you happy? Is that what you wanted to hear?’ Wonyoung said exasperatedly. ‘I like Yujin. She’s pretty and really sweet and her damn smile makes me want to punch her but it also makes me want to kiss her at the same time but it makes me mad how much it affects me.’ 

 

Ryujin didn’t say anything. Nor did she show any expression and Wonyoung suddenly felt self conscious about all the things that she said. 

 

But then Ryujin just said, ‘Wow. Sounds like you’ve been bottling that up for awhile.’

 

Wonyoung smacked herself in the forehead. ‘Very funny.’ 

 

Ryujin just shrugged. 

 

‘I get it.’ Ryujin said.

 

‘Okay.’ 

 

‘But what if?’ 

 

‘Oh, God.’ 

 

‘You didn’t even let me finish my sentence.’ 

 

Wonyoung gestured for her to continue. 

 

‘What if...’ Ryujin said, pausing for effect, ‘...you say it and just hang out with Yujin without a care in the world.’ 

 

Wonyoung looked at Ryujin as if she grew two heads. Now what in the HELL was this girl thinking. 

 

‘I’m just saying.’ Ryujin said. ‘Yujin is a really good person to have around regardless of whether it’s romantic or not.’ 

 

Ryujin shrugged. 

 

‘Or you can just keep avoiding her and pathetically watch her from the sidelines.’ Ryujin said. 

 

Wonyoung watched the girl make her way over to the sink and start washing her hands. 

 

‘Anyways, I’m gonna go back before they ask where I am,’ Ryujin dried her hands and pat Wonyoung on the back, ‘have fun with your brooding.’ 

 

Wonyoung only watched her leave, hearing the door of the bathroom softly close. 

 

She had no clue what to do. She held her head in frustration and looked at her reflection in the mirror. 

 

‘I should just wait for a sign.’ Wonyoung said to no one in particular. ‘Yeah, that’s a good idea.’ 

 

Suddenly, her phone buzzed.

 

 

Yuri: Wonyoungie my wonderful cousin!!

Yuri: We have two extra tickets to Lotteworld on Saturday if you want to go!!!

Wonyoung: Depends…

Yuri: ??

Wonyoung: who is ‘we’ 

Wonyoung: because if it’s you and your girlfriend sign me out I am NOT third wheeling you two ever again

Yuri: Wonyoooounggg~ that’s why it’s TWO extra tickets! You get to bring someone with you

Yuri: as a date if you wanna be exciting ;) or as a friend if you’re just a boring lonely single person


 

Wonyoung stared at her phone. 

 

Then she pinched the bridge of her nose. 

 

Then she looked up to the ceiling, pointing an accusing finger. 

 

‘I’m taking this as a sign.’ 

 

Wonyoung chuckled to herself as she scrolled through her phone and dialed a number.

 

She was glad that the person picked up after only a few rings, or else she probably would have hung up. 

 

‘Hello? This is Yujin.’

 

Wonyoung swallowed. 

 

‘It’s Wonyoung.’ 

 

What she didn’t expect was the loud crash that resounded in her ears. And then… silence. 

 

‘Yujin?’ Wonyoung said, checking her phone to see if the call was still going. ‘Yujin?’ 

 

After a few brief moments, Yujin finally spoke again. 

 

‘Yes, yes, sorry, I’m here! I accidentally muted my mic!’ Wonyoung heard her say, noticing that she sounded a little out of breath. ‘Uh, what’s up?’ 

 

‘Are you free on Saturday? My cousin is making me third wheel her and her girlfriend.’ Wonyoung said. Then she added, ‘I got no one else to go with me.’ 

 

Wonyoung almost wanted to slap herself in the face. The last part was completely unnecessary and a total lie. 

 

‘Y-you’re being for real?’ Yujin said.

 

Wonyoung sighed. ‘Why would I be joking? Just tell me if you can go or not before I change my mind.’ 

 

‘Y-yes! I can go!’ 

 

‘Okay, cool. I’ll text you the details later. But this doesn’t mean I like you.’ Wonyoung said. 

 

‘Okay?’ Wonyoung could almost imagine Yujin’s confused puppy expression. 

 

‘Alright, see you then.’ Wonyoung said then hung up super quickly, before Yujin could say anything.

 

She shook her head. Why couldn’t she have a normal conversation with that girl? 

 

Oh right, she liked her.

 

…………….

 

A/N: sorry I didn’t update last friday :((( but thank you for being patient and I hope this was to your expectations! I hope everyone is safe and healthy!! 

Even I’m confused by Wonyoung lmaooo but Yujin just has that effect on people doesn’t she sjsjsjss

Yenyul/yulyen stans!!!! They’re coming next chapter!!