CH. IX

three time's the charm (3jin au)

CH. IX

 

A deafening scream filled the empty bathroom stalls as one girl hit her head repeatedly against the mirror. 

 

Said girl was in a light pink blouse and held her face in her hands, careful not to dirty her white jeans.

 

She looked at herself in the mirror to steady herself, taking a deep breath. 

 

‘You got this, Ahn Yujin.’ 

 

………….

 

Stepping out of the dark bathroom and into the sunlight caused Yujin to squint her eyes and shield herself with her hand. She was in that bathroom for a long time. 

 

Not her fault that she was so excited that she arrived at Lotte World way too early for her double-date(?) with Wonyoung. But, Wonyoung said she had no one else to go with so perhaps it was far from being a date. At least, according to Yujin. 

 

Who could blame Yujin for being confused? Wonyoung was even confused by herself. 

 

Her thoughts about Wonyoung were left uncontinued for the time being as a voice calling her name brought her back to reality. 

 

‘Yah! Ahn Yujin!’

 

Yujin turned suddenly towards the familiar voice. However, it was not Wonyoung. It was someone Yujin had not expected to see at all. 

 

‘Yena unnie?’ 

 

The said girl smiled widely at her, running over to give her a massive hug. 

 

‘Hey, Kid!’ Yujin’s cousin smiled widely up at her. It was funny how someone significantly shorter than her was calling her a kid. ‘I missed you!’ 

 

‘I missed you, too, unnie’ Yujin said. ‘What are you doing here?’ 

 

‘Just meeting some people.’ Yena said. ‘Are you here alone?’ 

 

Yujin shook her head. ‘I’m meeting someone, too.’ 

 

‘Ooh, like a date?’ Yena wiggled her eyebrows. 

 

Yujin bit her lip. 

 

‘Not really. Maybe. I don’t know. It’s complicated.’ Yujin sighed. Then she turned to Yena, a smile back on her face. ‘What about you? Is it a date?’ 

 

Yena laughed shyly. ‘Actually, can you come with me? I have someone I’d like you to meet.’ 

 

Yujin shrugged. ‘Alrighty.’ 

 

It was nice, catching up with her cousin. Since Yujin grew up alone it was like her cousins, Yena and Yoojung, were her sisters. She hadn’t been able to catch up with them recently because of school, especially since Yena had just started university, and was trying to adjust to the format of it all. 

 

They continued to walk, trying to ignore the way their stomachs growled at the overpriced amusement park food.

 

Yena seemed oddly nervous because she was quieter than usual and more subdued. Her fingers kept fidgeting with each other. 

 

Yujin decided not to bring it up and just shrugged it off, continuing her story about how well some of the new volleyball members had been adjusting, especially Number 4 from the try outs. Yeojin was turning out to be one of their best setters. 

 

It wasn’t until they turned the corner when Yujin saw Yena’s face light up completely. 

 

‘Yuri!’ 

 

Yena wrapped her hand around Yujin’s wrist and dragged her towards a shorter girl, the other hand waving excitedly at the new person. 

 

‘Hi, babe.’ Yuri said once Yena was close enough. 

 

Yujin didn’t even have enough time to be shocked at the nickname, as Yuri had leaned in and planted a kiss straight onto Yujin’s cousin’s lips. 

 

Yujin’s mouth fell open. 

 

Did she just kiss her?

 

Yena turned sheepishly towards Yujin. 

 

‘Yuri, this is my youngest cousin, Yujin.’ Yena said.

 

Yuri waved towards Yujin who gave her a hesistant wave back. 

 

‘Yujin, this is Yuri.’ Yena said,  taking a deep breath. ‘My girlfriend.’ 

 

A beat of silence went past as Yujin was left dumbfounded, staring between her cousin and Yuri’s entwined hands. Yena’s excited face turned into pure nervousness, her eyes studying Yujin’s face.

 

Suddenly Yujin shook Yena by the shoulders. 

 

‘You have a girlfriend?!’ Yujin exclaimed. ‘And you didn’t tell me?!’ 

 

‘Yah!’ Yena pried herself out of Yujin’s grip. ‘I told you just now!’

 

Yujin’s mouth was still wide open. ‘Unnie, you don’t understand. I thought I was the gay cousin!!’ 

 

‘What about Yoojung?’ 

 

Yujin closed . ‘Oh, you right.’ 

 

Yena thought for a moment. 

 

‘Wait, you thought you were the gay cousin?’ Yena exclaimed suddenly. ‘OH MY GOD! You like girls, too?!’ 

 

‘Yes!’ 

 

‘Oh my God, we’re ALL the gay cousin!’ 

 

Yujin and Yena hi fived each other, leaving Yena’s poor girlfriend watching with confusion in the middle of them. 

 

‘Wait, I’m so rude.’ Yujin shook her head. She held out her hand to Yuri. ‘Nice to meet you, Yena unnie’s girlfriend!’ 

 

‘Likewise.’ Yuri took Yujin’s hand and shook it.

 

‘So,’ Yujin nudged Yena and wiggled her eyebrows, ‘you guys are on a date, huh?’ 

 

‘A double date, technically. With Yuri’s cousin.’ Yena said. ‘She should be arriving soon.’ 

 

‘Nice.’ Yujin said. ‘I think my… friend… or… classmate? I don’t know what to call her, to be honest but she’s coming soon, too.’ 

 

Suddenly, in the distance, a tall figure caught Yujin’s eye. Coincidentally, she seemed to be wearing a pink romper that seemed to match with Yujin’s sweater. 

 

‘Oh, there she is!’ Yujin said, not noticing that someone else had said the exact same thing at the exact same time. 

 

‘Wonyoung!’ Two voices called out at the same time. 

 

Yujin and Yuri exchanged a glance.

 

‘Wait, what?’ 

 

Wonyoung waved to the group, excitedly giving Yuri a hug upon arrival. 

 

‘Unnie~’ Wonyoung said in the cutest baby voice that Yujin had never ever heard from her before. Wonyoung’s eyebrows were furrowed slightly and her lips pouting cutely  as Wonyoung gave Yuri puppy dog eyes. ‘I missed you~’ 

 

Then she turned towards Yujin, her face instantly returning to neutral. 

 

‘Yujin.’ 

 

And as quickly as her face changed, it changed again when she turned to Yena. 

 

‘Hi, Yena unnie!’ Wonyoung smiled brightly at her.

 

The three girls whose names all started with Y had to shake their head a little bit to recover from their whiplash. 

 

‘I see you guys have met Yujin.’ Wonyoung said, not sparing a glance at the girl who was the subject of the sentence. 

 

‘We’re well acquainted.’ Yuri let out a chuckle. 

 

‘Yujin’s your date?!’ Yena exclaimed. 

 

Wonyoung’s head snapped in Yena’s direction, then she turned to glare at Yujin. 

 

‘I never said that! Did you tell them that?’ Wonyoung pointed an accusing finger at Yujin.

 

The volleyball player shook her head, still feeling frozen under the circumstances that had arisen.

 

‘This isn’t a date.’ Wonyoung said.

 

Yena, Yuri and Yujin could only blink at the girl.

 

Wonyoung sighed. ‘Let’s go eat.’ 

 

She grabbed Yuri’s arm and dragged her towards a hot dog stall, leaving the other pair of cousins to watch them leave. 

 

‘Well, you heard the girl.’ Yena said after she regained her senses. ‘Let’s eat.’ 

 

……………….

 

‘So, you and Yena unnie are cousins?’ 

 

‘That’s correct.’ 

 

‘And Yuri unnie and I are also cousins.’

 

‘Mhmm.’ 

 

‘Weird.’ 

 

‘I think it’s destiny.’

 

‘Sure, Yujin.’ 

 

So far, the four had gone on a couple of easy attractions, seeing as they had just finished eating. Currently, they were all inside the Mirror Maze, however they were split into two teams. 

 

In weird Yena and Yujin fashion, whatever conversation they were having eventually turned into something weird and competitive. They were almost the most competitive duo ever. Almost. Ryujin and Hyunjin took the crown for that one. 

 

Yena and Yujin were fighting over who had the best navigation skills and now they had decided to race through the mirror maze. 

 

Yuri was against the idea because she didn’t want to go through the mirror maze alone resulting in Yena and Yujin deciding that they’d split up into pairs. However, Wonyoung was against that idea because she knew she’d be paired with Yujin. But when Yujin suggested that Wonyoung go with Yena and Yuri go with her, Yena began to whine in protest. 

 

It was then, as Yena embarrassingly started to wail, that Wonyoung realised Yujin was probably the least annoying cousin out of the two. In fact, as Yuri had to comfortingly pat Yena’s back and coo at her to get her to calm down, Wonyoung came to the conclusion that Yujin was the more mature choice. 

 

So, that’s how Wonyoung found herself alone with Yujin in the mirror maze, though she could hear the faint yelling coming from Yena and Yuri. Those two argued like a married couple, it was exhausting to listen to. 

 

‘Are you and Yuri unnie close?’ Yujin said as she was brought to another dead end and she had to turn around to let Wonyoung lead the way this time. 

 

‘She was basically my best friend growing up.’ Wonyoung said. 

 

‘That’s cute.’ Yujin said. ‘It’s good that you’re close with family. You seem like to the type of person to have tons of friends.’ 

 

‘You’d be surprised.’ Wonyoung said. ‘It’s complicated.’ 

 

‘Try me.’ Yujin shrugged. 

 

Wonyoung paused at a corner, almost running into the mirror. 

 

‘Fine then.’ Wonyoung said with a shrug. ‘I had people I was acquainted with. I knew everything about them and they knew everything about me, too. But, I wouldn’t call them my friends. Or my true friends. I don’t even know most of my cousins and my uncles and aunts. Just Yuri unnie.’ 

 

‘Sounds lonely.’ Yujin said. 

 

‘It’s whatever.’ Wonyoung said. ‘What about you? Have you been friends with Ryujin and Hyunjin sunbaenims all your life?’ 

 

Yujin raised her eye a little at Wonyoung initiating the conversation but chose not to comment on it. 

 

‘Feels like it.’ Yujin said. ‘But we actually only became close halfway through my Freshman Year.’ 

 

‘How did you guys become friends, then? They’re our seniors.’ 

 

Yujin smiled at the memory. 

 

Before 3Jin became 3Jin, they only knew of each other. That was until one day, circumstances brought the three together. 

 

‘Hyunjin unnie was my maths tutor. I met Ryujin unnie through her and she was… going through a tough situation that I was able to relate to. And we were all sort of drawn to each other that way.’ 

 

‘And you’re all gay.’ Wonyoung laughed.

 

Yujin chuckled. ‘I mean, technically I’m bi and Hyunjin unnie is pan but, you’re totally right.’ 

 

Wonyoung stopped slightly and scratched her head. Yujin could see her cheeks turn a little red. 

 

‘I don’t mean to sound rude,’ Wonyoung said, ‘but a lot of my friends have been wondering if Ryujin and Hyunjin sunbaenim have ever like, hooked up before.’ 

 

‘Trust me. I wonder the same thing.’ Yujin said, laughing loudly. ‘You’ll be the first to know if I find out.’

 

‘Won’t it be weird?’ Wonyoung said, scrunching her nose. ‘At least for you?’ 

 

‘I’d like to say no.’ Yujin said but then she shivered, her face scrunching up in disgust. ‘But, no way. Those two are like my family. Like literally. They call themselves the Moms I’ve never had.’ 

 

‘Never had? Do you have two Dads, or something?’ 

 

Yujin bit her lip. ‘Not quite. Or maybe? I don’t know.’ 

 

‘How do you not know your own parents?’ Wonyoung said with a laugh. 

 

Wonyoung looked at Yujin through her reflection in the mirror. She expected Yujin to laugh along with her, or even smile at the joke, but Yujin’s facial expression didn’t change, instead it remained stoic as she navigated through the maze. 

 

Suddenly Yujin stopped. 

 

Wonyoung stood still as Yujin turned around to face her. A sad smile on her face. Wonyoung thought she’d seen all of Yujin’s smiles before, but this was definitely new. 

 

‘I never knew my parents because… I was an orphan for most of my life.’ 

 

A glint is sadness passed through Yujin’s usually bright eyes and Wonyoung felt her heart breaking. 

 

Wonyoung didn’t know what to say but thankfully, Yujin continued with her story.

 

‘Right before my 13th birthday, the orphanage was closing down and I was adopted last minute. He was a donor and volunteer for the orphanage for years and he’s known me since I was brought there as a baby. He’s never adopted from there because his health condition hinders him in taking care of someone else.’ 

 

‘But he adopted you.’ Wonyoung finished for her. 

 

‘To this day, I still don’t know why he adopted me. And neither does he.’ Yujin said. ‘But he always says adopting me was the best decision he’s ever made. And he gave me a family. I will forever be grateful for that.’ 

 

Then a soft smile graced her face. It was Wonyoung’s favorite smile of hers. The shy one that only just brought out her dimples. It was the one where Yujin would smile at the ground. 

 

‘I’d love to meet him one day.’ Wonyoung said. 

 

Yujin was talking about him with so much love and praise. And he must have been a great person to have raised a kid as down to earth, thoughtful and hardworking as Yujin was. 

 

‘In a way, I guess I know how you feel.’ Yujin said. 

 

‘As in?’ 

 

You were lonely growing up, weren’t you?’

 

The words hit Wonyoung harder than she thought it would hit. She nodded slowly.

 

‘What about now? Do you still feel lonely?’ 

 

Wonyoung bit her lip. Did she? She moved her lips to utter one word. 

 

‘Yes.’ 

 

She had no clue why she was being so honest with Yujin, but seeing the way Yujin was looking at her, Wonyoung couldn’t stop herself. 

 

Wonyoung almost didn’t notice Yujin opening up her arms, a bright smile on her face. 

 

‘I’ve heard that hugs can sometimes help with loneliness.’ Yujin said, her eyes crinkling. 

 

Wonyoung had to resist the urge to laugh and narrowed her eyes at Yujin. 

 

Then she punched her lightly on the shoulder. 

 

‘And to think we were having a moment.’ Wonyoung shook her head. 

 

Yujin’s teasing smile softened to a more serious look. 

 

‘I just want you to know that I’m here for you, if you ever need.’ Yujin said. ‘I care about you, you know? I’m not just doing this because I want you to like me back.’ 

 

Wonyoung could hear just how sincere Yujin was being and she couldn’t help but smile at her. Lately she’d been finding it harder and harder to not smile back at the girl. Her aura made her so happy. 

 

‘Thank you, Yujin.’ Wonyoung said. 

 

Frankly, it was really nice to know someone genuinely cared about her without any ulterior motives. 

 

‘Let’s go?’ Wonyoung said, ‘We still have to beat the lovebirds.’ 

 

‘Right.’ Yujin’s entire demeanor changed to determination. ‘Let’s go.’ 

 

Most people would expect Yujin to turn around and start navigating like the pro she was. 

 

But no. 

 

Instead, she walked straight into a mirror. 

 

As Yujin fell to the ground, rubbing her throbbing forehead with a pout, she realised she would walk into way more mirrors if it meant seeing Wonyoung laughing like that for the rest of her life. 

 

‘Just so you know.’ Wonyoung paused as she was about to disappear around the corner. ‘You don’t have to try anymore. To get me to like you back, I mean.’ 

 

……………...

 

Hours later after many rides and screaming (mostly from Yena and Yuri), the four were sitting on a bench and drinking some water. 

 

‘Can we go on the rollercoaster again?’ Yujin said as to which Wonyoung happily agreed to. After their time in the mirror maze, Wonyoung started to act warmer towards Yujin, sometimes even a little bit shy. Yena and Yuri were both shocked at the sudden change of character, but decided against commenting on it. 

 

Yujin on the other hand, was still spinning from Wonyoung’s statement. 

 

When she said she didn’t have to try anymore to get Wonyoung to like her back, Yujin first took the comment as Wonyoung rejecting her. She assumed that Wonyoung meant that Yujin should just stop trying altogether, because Wonyoung wouldn’t like her back. 

 

But then, she caught the way Wonyoung would look at her when she wasn’t looking. And how Wonyoung would inch just that little bit closer while walking next to her. And don’t get Yujin started on how Wonyoung buried her face into Yujin’s neck during the haunted house ride. Yujin could still feel the pain from Wonyoung squeezing her fingers. 

 

‘I’m kind of exhausted from all the rides and I don’t really want to wait in line again.’ Yuri pouted. ‘Can we play the arcade games until we leave? I want to win a teddy bear.’ 

 

‘Yah! You don’t need a teddy bear, you have me!’ 

 

‘Yes, but at least the teddy bear can shut up.’ 

 

‘Yah!’ 

 

‘I kind of want to go on that rollercoaster again.’ Wonyoung said. 

 

‘Me too!’ Yujin put up her hand. 

 

They all looked at Yena who looked like she wanted to agree, but then she saw the puppy dog eyes Yuri was giving her. 

 

Yena laughed nervously. 

 

‘I-I think I want to play the arcade games.’ Yena said. 

 

Her eyes lit up when she saw Yuri’s face brighten up a little bit. She threw an arm around her girlfriend, kissing her on her temple. 

 

‘Maybe I can win something for my girl.’ 

 

Yujin shooed them away with her hand. ‘Okay, just go, we get it. You’re in love. Just go and we’ll meet you at the same place as this morning at 5.’ 

 

Yena just stuck her tongue out at the two. 

 

……………………..

 

‘I can’t believe we got to the front of the rollercoaster!’ 

 

‘I can believe it. You literally bullied those poor children!’ 

 

‘And? If I didn’t then we wouldn’t have gotten what we wanted.’ Wonyoung stuck out her hip sassily at Yujin, one eyebrow raised. ‘I know what I want, and imma get it.’ 

 

‘You’re scary.’ Yujin said. Though the smile on her face seemed to say otherwise. 

 

Suddenly, a familiar voice called out to them. 

 

‘Captain Yujin!’ 

 

Yujin and Wonyoung turned to see a small figure bounding up to the two. 

 

‘Yeojin?’ Yujin had to squint her eyes a little bit to see who it was. But she should have known who it was from the bounce in her step. That girl was always jumping. Like a little frog. A cute little frog. 

 

‘Hi, Captain!’ Her smile was bright and cute. 

 

Then she turned to Wonyoung, a look of horror on her face. 

 

The small girl bowed at a 90 degree angle. 

 

‘Hello! I don’t know if you remember me but I almost killed you with the volleyball during volleyball tryouts and I just wanted to say that I’m really really still sorry about that but I promise I have improved!! Captain even said that Coach might let me actually play on the court next week!’ 

 

‘I’m super proud of you, Kiddo.’ Yujin ruffled the smaller girl’s head. Yeojin smiled, her eyes crinkling and her tongue poking out between her teeth to reach her upper lip. 

 

‘Thank you for all your help.’ Yeojin said. ‘Coach told me what you did.’ 

 

Yujin shrugged. ‘I didn’t do anything.’ 

 

‘Yes you did!’ 

 

‘What did she do?’ Wonyoung raised an eyebrow. 

 

‘Captain fought to have me on the team! And then she volunteered to train me, personally.’ 

 

Wonyoung shot a glance at Yujin who had her hand in one skirt pocket, shyly scratching her head. Her cheeks were tinted red and Wonyoung thought she had never seen anyone as cute as her. And she looked in the mirror everyday! 

 

Suddenly, Wonyoung felt a weird feeling in her stomach. She thought at first that maybe the hot dog wasn’t sitting well with her stomach, but then she realised that this was a feeling she had never felt before. (And she’s definitely felt the feeling of food poisoning before). 

 

Actually, now that she thought about it, the feeling had started at her chest, like she was having heart palpitations. Or like her chest was squeezing. Somehow the feeling had travelled down to her stomach. 

 

She shook her head. Maybe she was just imagining things.

 

‘You know, Captain, I’ve been meaning to ask you something.’ Yeojin said, turning serious. 

 

‘What’s up?’ Yujin said, placing her other hand into her skirt pocket. Wonyoung had to admit she looked pretty cute.

 

‘Why did you do all this for me?’ Yeojin said. ‘I .’ 

 

‘But you were determined.’ Yujin said. ‘You know what you want and you were willing to keep trying and work hard until you got it. Plus, I’ve never seen that much power from such a small body before. You hit those balls with so much force.’  

 

‘I can attest to that.’ Wonyoung piped in from the side. 

 

‘Sorry, again--’ Yeojin tried to say but Wonyoung interrupted her.

 

‘Don’t be sorry. It was funny.’ Wonyoung said. 

 

‘Well, I’m still sorry.’ Yeojin said. ‘But at least it started Annyeongz.’ 

 

‘Annyeongz?’ Yujin asked, tilting her head to the side. 

 

Yeojin gasped, covering as if she revealed a big secret. ‘Nothing! You heard nothing.’ 

 

Yujin crossed her arms and raised an eyebrow. ‘Im Yeojin.’

 

‘Okay fine!’ Yeojin said. ‘It’s your ship name.’ 

 

Wonyoung and Yujin followed her hands, one pointer finger pointed at Yujin and the other at Wonyoung. 

 

‘OUR ship name??’ Wonyoung exclaimed. 

 

‘Please don’t kill me!’ Yeojin brought her hands up in defense. 

 

Meanwhile, Yujin seemed to be deep in thought. 

 

‘How is it Annyeongz, though?’ Yujin said. 

 

Ahn Yujin. Jang Wonyoung.’ Yeojin said, emphasising the ‘Ahn’ and the ‘yeong’. 

 

Yujin nodded slowly. 

 

‘And we thought it was funny that it sounded like annyeong because whenever Yujin was around Wonyoung she’d say ANNYEONG! Bye bye!'

 

Wonyoung let out a snicker as to which Yujin sent her a soft glare. 

 

‘But obviously something must have changed.’ Yeojin said, smirking at the two of them. ‘Are you two on a date?’ 

 

Wonyoung and Yujin’s expressions switched. Wonyoung now was glaring at Yeojin while Yujin was smiling happily to herself. 

 

‘No.’ Yujin said, laughing slightly at Wonyoung’s expression. 

 

Then Wonyoung huffed and grabbed Yujin’s hand. 

 

‘Nice to see you Yeojin, but my cousins are waiting for us! Bye!’ Wonyoung said hastily, dragging Yujin along with her. 

 

Yeojin only watched them leave with a smirk. Especially when Yujin turned around to wave goodbye to her, accompanied by a cheeky wink. 

 

Yujin let Wonyoung lead her to a bench near where they first met up earlier in the day. 

 

‘She’s adorable.’ Yujin said, leaning into the bench. 

 

She rolled her head a little and stretched, missing the way that Wonyoung seemed to be deep in thought. 

 

‘So…’ Yujin said cheekily, ‘Annyeongz sounds kind of cute, doesn’t it?’ 

 

When Wonyoung didn’t reply, Yujin snuck a glance at the girl. 

 

‘Wonyoung?’ 

 

No response. 

 

‘Hey, Wonyoung~’ 

 

The girl was still staring deep into space. 

 

‘Wonnie?’ Yujin lightly poked her shoulder. 

 

Wonyoung broke out of her daze to turn her attention to Yujin. And when she did, she was met with the sight of Yujin’s face close to hers, a soft smile on her face. The sunset was behind her and Wonyoung felt her head starting to spin. 

 

‘You okay?’ Yujin’s smile turned into a look of concern when she saw Wonyoung’s intense stare.

 

What happened next had both of them shocked. 

 

It had happened so quickly. 

 

All Yujin had done was turn to look at the girl next to her. She saw the furrowed brows and wondered what on earth had she done this time to make her angry again. 

 

But that thought only lasted a split second because before she knew it, she saw Wonyoung’s face quickly coming closer to hers and then…

 

Yujin froze. 

 

She widened her eyes comically, a mirror image to Wonyoung’s expression and Yujin had to think for a moment to wonder if she had imagined it all. 

 

‘Did you just kiss me?’ 

 

It was so quick. Just a peck. Yujin could just vaguely remember closing her eyes to briefly accommodate the kiss, but only purely out of instinct. 

 

‘Why would you do that?’ Wonyoung didn’t answer Yujin’s question, just groaning in frustration. 

 

‘M-me?’ Yujin’s response was delayed. 

 

‘Yes, you.’ Wonyoung directed her gaze back to hers, a fire in her eyes. ‘You MADE me kiss you.’ 

 

Yujin scratched her head, trying to understand what in the world she could have done to make Wonyoung plant her lips onto hers. Yujin didn’t even remember saying anything. 

 

‘How?’ 

 

Wonyoung jabbed a finger into Yujin’s shoulder. 

 

‘You, just!’ 

 

‘I just, what?’ 

 

Wonyoung pursed her lips. Then she yelled in frustration. 

 

‘You LOOKED at me!’ 

 

Now that was unexpected. Yujin only blinked at Wonyoung. 

 

‘H-huh?’ 

 

Wonyoung wasn’t able to answer because Yena and Yuri had turned the corner, Yena running up to them to rustle Yujin’s hair playfully. 

 

‘There you are, Kiddos! My baby wants ice cream and what my baby wants? My baby gets.’ 

 

Wonyoung shot a look to Yuri who just shook her head and pointed at Yena. 

 

‘She’s not talking about me. She’s talking about herself.’ Yuri deadpanned as if she was some sort of Yena dictionary. Maybe even her translator. 

 

Yena pat her stomach. ‘This baby right here. My food baby!’ 

 

She pat her younger cousin’s back. ‘Let’s go, Kiddo.’ 

 

It was funny and cute, watching Yena speed off. Because she looked like an absolute kid and one could even argue that Yujin and Wonyoung were older than her. But it was also cute because even though Yena was acting like a clown, she still made sure to stop and softly hold her hand out for Yuri to take. 

 

Yujin had never met someone so willing and ready to join Yena in her antics. Nor had she ever seen her oldest cousin this soft before. She didn’t even cringe when she saw the kiss Yuri planted on Yena’s cheek, accompanied by Yena’s giddy laughter.

 

Then Yujin turned to Wonyoung, a bright smile on her face. 

 

‘Why are you looking at me?’ Wonyoung said, disgusted. 

 

‘So that you’d kiss me, again.’ Yujin grinned. ‘You said before, I made you kiss me because I looked at you. So, I guess I’ll just have to keep looking at you from now on?’ 

 

‘As if that’s not what you’ve been doing these past two months.’ Wonyoung scoffed. 

 

‘So, does that mean you’ve been wanting to kiss me the entire time?’ 

 

Wonyoung glared at Yujin. 

 

‘You shut your mouth! … nerd!’ 

 

……………..

 

‘You have arrived at your destination.’ 

 

‘Thank God, I felt like I was going to die.’ 

 

‘Yah. Yuri, you don’t even have your license, you’re one to talk.’ 

 

‘Thank you for today!’ Yujin said. She leaned forward to pat Yena on the shoulder. ‘You sure you don’t wanna come in and say hi to uncle?’ 

 

‘He’s still mad at me.’ Yena said sheepishly.

 

‘Because of last Christmas? That was months ago!’Yujin shook her head. ‘He’s way over it now.’ 

 

Yena shook her head. ‘Just say hi to him for me please!’ 

 

Yujin smothered kisses on her cousin’s cheek, the later squirming and complaining while she did it. 

 

‘Don’t worry Yuri unnie.  She’s all yours.’ Yujin winked at Yuri.

 

‘Unfortunately.’ 

 

The one word caused another Yena and Yuri argument to begin. As they bickered, Yujin got out of the car, placing one hand on the roof as she bent down to look at the third girl in the car. 

 

‘Thanks for today.’ Yujin said to Wonyoung. ‘I had fun on this not date.’ 

 

Then with one last wave she closed the door and started to make her way into her apartment gate. 

 

She had just put her hand on the handle when she heard someone call after her.

 

‘Wait, Yujin!’ Wonyoung ran out the car towards her. 

 

‘Wonyo—‘ 

 

‘This was a date.’ 

 

Yujin froze. 

 

Frankly, so did Wonyoung. She looked just as shocked as Yujin did.

 

Wonyoung shyly looked away. ‘I mean, if you want it to be it’s fine if it’s not I’m just saying it could be… a date… a double date… but this wasn’t what I wanted to say.’ 

 

‘What did you want to say?’ 

 

Wonyoung held her arms open, mirroring the way Yujin did it in the Mirror Maze.

 

‘I wanted to say that if you ever feel lonely or sad,’ Wonyoung said, taking a deep breath. ‘I’ll be here, too. People say I give good hugs.’ 

 

Yujin couldn’t take it anymore and stepped forward to close the gap between them, wrapping her arms around Wonyoung’s frame and letting the cheerleader bring her into a safe embrace. 

 

She felt Wonyoung loosening you into the hug, her head burying in Yujin’s neck. 

 

‘Thank you for putting up with my moodiness.’ Wonyoung said into Yujin’s neck. ‘I promise I don’t hate you. It’s the opposite, actually.’ 

 

Then Yujin felt Wonyoung’s lips press against her cheek. 

 

‘I’ll see you at school!’ Wonyoung pulled away. 

 

Yujin couldn’t even say anything because Wonyoung had her heel and brisk walked to the car, jumping straight in without a word.

 

Yujin could only watch and blink. Even after the car had driven away, she was left standing in front of her door still trying to process everything.

 

‘OH MY GOD!’ 

 

…………

 

Later on, Yujin tried to call Hyunjin to debrief her on everything that had, but her call was sent straight to voicemail. Yujin wasn’t too bothered. Sometimes Hyunjin would accidentally let her phone die after not using it for awhile. 

 

She went to text Ryujin, but then she distracted with a notification from the girl who was running through her mind the entire day.


 

Wonyoung: in case you didn’t put two and two together

Wonyoung: I like you too 

Wonyoung: nerd 


 

…………….


 

A/N: *smiling sheepishly* well hello everyone. Hope self isolation is treating you well. I’m sorry this took a few weeks. School is kind of kicking my atm and my inspiration to write went downhill. But it’s the time of the month and I’m extremely soft over Yujin so here it is folks!! I hope it was worth the wait for Annyeongz stans <3 

 

Ryuryeong and 2jin will be back next chapter folks. 

 

Quick question… if I were to imply … do I have to change the rating to M? Just asking for a friend ahahahaha I’m totally not gonna have certain characters sleep with each other next chapter what are you talking about