Chapter 8

STRANGER LOVE

Riiiiiiinngggggg~!! The alarm from my phone shouting exactly beside my ear. “Ahhh!!” Press snooze I pull my blanket with no intention to wake up. It has been a month since the last time I set the alarm. Now it is impossible for me to wake up straight . After a few minutes my phone start ringing again, which made me annoyed. Get up madly I press answer “Ya.. how do you go to work later?” Jinyoung's cheerful voice greet me, I don’t know how she can be so cheerful early in the morning. “I haven graduate what you mean by working huh?” Answer her while yawning make me choke my own breath when I remember today is the first day of my internship. Jinyoung's nagging voice has already become the background sound I cannot hear what she said. “Ahhhh… Jinyoung ah I forgot.. bye bye see you later”

 

Dashing to the bathroom my head knock into the bathroom door. ”Ah..it hurt..” Try to open the door while one hand is still on my hurt head. “Oh.. oh.. why cannot.. no.. no..” Shake shake the door still it wont open. I feel like crying. I need to be there at 8:30 now already 7:55. Suddenly the door slowly open come Jongin’s, my husband. “Move! Move!” Push him outside and I rush to take shower and brush my teeth at same time. I think this is the fastest shower I ever take. Turning around to grab the towel or bathrobe left me speechless “just why why so many days.. today is the day I forgot it” Open the door slowly, I see Jongin’s try to fix his tie in front of the mirror. Pretend to cough to gain his attention. “H..hmm.. c..can you grab .. t..towel or bathrobe.. I forgot” I can feel my face burn with embarrassment. “Its okay he my husband.. it's okay”   

 

Throw all the document, file, stationery, note book, laptop with charger and even my handbag inside one box. I carry the box and rush to the main door. “I will drop you” said the fine man sitting on the sofa. “Oh okay okay.. thank you” I take a sigh of relief. Stepping my foot like a child , I wish the car could move faster. I keep staring at the time. It's the first day I cannot be late. The moment the car stops at the company lobby I grab the box and open the door with fast thank you. Walk as fast as I can, I reach the familiar lobby. “Wait.. this not.. ahhhh.. I forgot to tell him I intern at K Star not soft blue”  Rushing outside I try to stop any taxi that passes by. Really glad I didn’t wear heels today. Pay the driver I see the time 8:25, take a deep breath I try grab my phone to see how I look “My phone…on the bed… just how many thing I forgot today'' Fix my skirt and hair and wear the staff id on my neck i walk to the lobby with hard yet shaking step.

 

“Mr Byun said last time I need to be at level 7.” Press the lift button to level 7. I hold the box tightly.Come out from the lift I feel like just step into a new world. Everything looks so modern and expensive. “Yes Miss, can I help you?” looking to my side I saw one young man. “Oh hello, today is my first day for an internship. Mr. Byun informed me that I need to come to this floor.” The guy looked confused. “I will ask my leader first” Don’t know what to do. I just stand in front of the lift trying my best not to do my habit which is stepping on my foot when nervous. “Mr Kim will come get you soon, you can wait in the waiting room just beside the lift.” Reply with soft thank you I walk to the waiting room. “Mr. Kim? Is it Kim Jongdae shi?” Knock can be heard before a guy with black suit comes in. Smile brightly to him “Kim Jongdae shi..” Seeing him again makes me less nervous. “Come.. I bring you to your place. Do you need help with the box? This is the first time I saw an intern bring a box for the first day. You didn’t bring all your comic books, didn't you?” Looking at the box makes me think just why I bring this. Must be I was rushing too much this morning and didn't think much. “No.. this is my internship related document” I don’t know where the confidence to lie comes from.

 

Walking behind him, I could get a waft of his expensive cologne. The earthy scent with a hint of musk and grapefruit enveloped my nose. “Even his cologne smells expensive.. this company has a rule to wear all expensive things is it?” Moving to level 10 I can hear Mr kim said “This is the file room, storage closet, bathroom” as he pointed at the multiple doors. We walk until the end of the hallway while listening to Mr Kim explain. This company IT department is separate for a few sections which are programming, quality check, system support, web designer and 3 brain groups who incharge of new ideas. Since I am still an intern I will be in the quality check team; my main task is checking the system and list the problem for programmers to fix it. From afar I can see the room at the end of the hallway because of the glass wall.”Looks like most are still young.. hehe but no jinyoung.. huhu”

 

Push the big glass door, all the staff inside focus on the door. “She will join your team for 6 month. Please treat her properly” with just short sentences, Mr Kim smiled and walked away left me with 8 set of eyes scanning me from top till bottom. “Hai, I’m Jun. I will be your leader for this 6 month. Nice to meet you” Everyone clap and whistle around make me more nervous. After introducing each other Jun showed me my table and gave me a thick book for me to study about the system and will start work properly for tomorrow. Set the box on the table and I take out my note book and stationery. “Just why I bring all this document and laptop aihh.. I need to bring it back again” Glance around me, I write a note about what I need to bring tomorrow. “Mug, sticky note, bottle, phone charger, calendar oh and picture.. hehe I see most got a picture on their table” Withdraw the drawer, there sticky note, calendar and simple stationery. Take out the calendar and set it on the table. I cross the calendar and sticky notes in the list.

 

“Psst.. psst..” Searching for the voice I didn’t find anyone talk to me so I continued to read the book and take note of the important info. “You no need to read the book actually, you won't understand it. You need to go through the system. Trust me I try to learn from that book but after 10 minute I give up totally not understand a thing '' Listen to the girl make me smile she seems really friendly and no doubt cute also. If I’m not mistaken just now she introduces herself as Mei. “Lets go, today our great leader will treat lunch to celebrate your first day!” She shout make everyone cheer so loud until she hid a groan from the leader. For a small girl her voice and energy are really high. Grab my handbag I follow behind Mei, she explains how our small team of 8 now 9 always eat lunch together because for level 10 it is separated into two parts which is half belong to the marketing department and another half is four meeting rooms and our room. She also warned me how our team is not getting along with the marketing team.

 

Just one lunch I can learn more about the team, it does not feel like eating with colleagues but more to hangout with close friends make me wonder how my three hyper girls are doing on their first day.I no need to worry about Minki’s he always ace plus that is his dad company. The topic keeps flowing and the team so loud makes me think is it one of the reasons marketing people don’t like them. Overall, each of them are really nice people. I don’t mind staying with this team for 6 month. Today they bring me to the company cafeteria and we walk around the company like rooftop and dorm for overnight staff. Reaching our room Mei’s brought me to the pantry. “You can make your own drink here” glance around there a few types of coffee, tea and biscuit. “Thank you Mei’s, I’m so glad we are in the same team” Pinch my both cheek while laughing Mei’s said she is happy she gained another nice person around her; warm my heart.