Chapter 11

STRANGER LOVE

I could hear the sound of a phone ringing as my eyes fluttered open. Getting off of his arm and reaching for my phone on the side table, “Jinyoung?” I said groggily as I picked up the phone. Jongin’s pulled my head down into his chest, and pushed his nose into my hair and took in a deep inhale of my scent. “You call me this early just to say that you want to eat together for lunch? Are you kidding me? Bye!” Hung up on the call I immediately fell asleep again too comfortable to wake up. After a few minutes my alarm started shouting, giving me no choice but to wake up. Instead of a warm body I’m hugging soft and long bolster. “What a nice dream I got” After dress up I walk around to the empty house. “So early he went out today” Play with coffee pot i sigh yesterday I already didn’t prepare breakfast for him. Turning on my phone on the bus I sent the message to Jinyoung’s to confirm we will eat together later. Notice I got another message I quickly clicked “I have a meeting, need to be out early.” Typing takes care and don’t forget breakfast I click sent.

 

 

Walking into the lift with a light step suddenly someone bumps into me makes me fall down. “Sorry, but I think panda cannot fit in” The same lady as yesterday said and the rest laughed. “Nothing can ruin my mood today” Stand up and smile I bow “Good morning, it's okay. I will take a next lift ” Mumbling is it she crazy or stupid the lift door finally closes. “You okay?” Turning to the side I see Chen’s consent face. “Yea, I’m fine. See no blood” Showing my hand to him he presses the lift button “I mean your brain okay or not? Who still smiles if someone pushes and mocks them” Give him evil eyes we walk into lift. “Here, take this.” Take the paper bag from Chen’s I see inside there are sandwiches and coffee. “I plan to enjoy my breakfast but.. I need to rush to the meeting” Feel bad for him I take out the coffee and pass to him “Oh, why?” Look at him with an innocent face I said “You still can bring coffee into the meeting room right?” First time I saw Chen’s smile until I could see the end curl “I feel so touched” I see the number almost reach level 10 walk forward “Actually… I didn’t drink coffee.. hehe” Dash out from the lift I can hear Chen's loud voice said you don’t need to say that part.

 

 

Push the QC Team room I see I the first one reach.Left my sling bag on my table I walk to pantry with sandwich.Stroll to tea section, there are a variety of tea to choose. White tea caught my attention, read on the package the secret about white tea: if you need a major boost of caffeine in the morning, use really hot water to brew it about 200°F. That water temperature may not bring out the intricacies of flavor, but it’ll infuse a lot of caffeine, which is another reason white tea can be a prefect brightener for the morning. Nod to myself I brew the tea, take a picture of sandwich and tea I post it on my instagram with caption ‘Thanks Mr. Kim for a straight 2 days free breakfast I really enjoy it.’ . “It's not like Chen will see this” Eat the sandwich while waiting for the tea to cool down, I feel bad that I enjoy this more than Chen’s. Finish the sandwich I wait for few minutes before try sip the tea while reply to comment on the picture.Of course the first one will comment is Yein’s and Nayoung asking who is this Mr Kim, and they keep tagging Minki with ‘advice’ to be faster and take action.

 

 

I can hear Mark’s loud good morning meaning the team starts to reach one by one. Try the white tea, it has a light aromatic quality with subtle, nuanced flavors, which be more apparent in the morning when the palette is still fresh. Unlike drinking green or black tea in the morning. When I drink white tea it doesn’t tend to cause discomfort to my stomach. Am I taking everyone good mood because today seems like everyone is in a bad mood. Groan, curse and sigh can be heard along with typing of keyboard and mouse click. “Ahhh, I can't wait for lunch” Mei said while walking to printing machines. “Oh ya, talk about lunch who incharge of where we will eat today?” Jun asks and follows with groans from the others.its not easy to decide what to eat and where to eat . “Lets just eat at the cafeteria today. I still have a lot to do here” Mark suggests receiving a good response from the other.

 

 

After a short conversation everyone focuses back on their own task. Suddenly Taeyong whistle gained everyone's attention, pointing to the door. Still focus on my task I don’t want to miss any error on the system. “Hmm.. hello, is there Kim Aera here?” Being the most friendly team ever they ditch their task to approach the lady. “You mean our panda? What business you have with her?” Jun asked while checking the time. “Who are you calling panda?! Aera is the cutest and nicest girl I have known in my life and stop bullying her!” Listen to the ruckus I walk closer to see Jinyoung with red face. “Jinyoung ah?” Grab my hand she drag me to the door. “Wait wait, my bag.” walk back to my table to take my sling bag. I inform them that I will eat lunch with my friend today. “Where you guys plan to eat?” I look at Jinyoung. She mumbled to the cafeteria “Nice! Let's go together.” Taeyoung said and sling his hand on Mark's shoulder.

 

 

End up in the same lift the air is so thick. Not even a second close suddenly the lift door opened back with the marketing staff walking in. “Are you okay? Should we bring you to the vet?” The same lady this morning asked and all her friends laughed. “Do you know any vet accept panda? Should we just bring her to the zoo?” The laugh getting louder. Jun nudges me and asks what happened, shake my head i just smile. “I’m sorry miss ostrich, can you help me press level 2. I think you can reach it with your beak and number 2 is above number 1. Since ostrich has a small brain I scare you press the wrong number. All of us here hungry we don’t want to waste even a second” Jinyoung’s said and without feeling guilty my team laughed at the red face of marketing staff which decided to walk out from the lift.

 

 

Grab the tray we walk to take our food. “Are you okay? Is your team bullying you?” Grab the food and put it on my tray while humming. “Yah! I'm talking to you!” Grab the soup and put on a Jinyoung’s tray I smile. “No one dares to bully me with you around, don’t worry. They are all nice people. I mean my team” Mumbling you better not lie we walk to the long table, the rest already sit. Only left empty chairs either beside Jun’s or Taeyong’s. Put the tray down beside Jun’s , Jinyoung’s walked to the opposite me sitting beside Taeyong’s. “Oh ya, guys. This is Jinyoung. We are classmates and she is also an intern in this company but a different team.” Just like how I quickly feel comfortable with the team, Jinyoung’s is also the same. They keep chit chat and laughing, suddenly Jinyoung’s spoon falls down. Even before Jinyoung up to take a new spoon Taeyoung already walked to take a new one. “Just why is this guy suddenly so nice.” Notice I keep staring at him Taeyoung roll his eyes. 

 

 

My phone vibrate makes me break eye contact with Taeyoung’s. Read my husband reply an okay make me frowning. “Don’t said he haven eat the breakfast.” Respond to him.‘How about lunch?I keep the phone back in my bag as I continue eat. “Still reply to the girls comment?” Jinyoung’s whisper to me, shake my head and ask her to continue eating. “Must be sent a report to her husband.” Throw a cherry tomato to Taeyoung’s the others laugh but not Jinyoung’s. Return to our seat my phone vibrate again. “Must be him.” But I’m wrong it's from Jinyoung. “Let's stop for coffee after work, there are so many things I want to talk about.” Take a deep breath I reply to an okay. Open my husband chat room I sent the message that I will coming late. After a second he reply to an okay. “How about your lunch?” he reply to the picture of the food I smile and sent the thumb up icon.

 

 

Today I turned off my PC earlier than usual so I won't be late again. Said bye to everyone, me and Taeyoung’s walk out from the lift. “Faster panda, we don’t want to miss the bus.” Looking around for Jinyoung’s, I see her standing near the main door. “Bye Taeyoung, I will go back with Jinyoung today.” Wave to him I walk to Jinyoung’s. We walk to the nearest cafe and order iced chocolate for me and vanilla hazelnut for Jinyoung’s. She also added waffle and cheese marble cake. “Take a sit first, I will bring the food.” Jinyoung’s always cares about the others, she is like a sister I never had. Put the tray on the table, I help her place the drink and food down. See the waffle make my face hot and I cannot hide my smile. Suddenly someone grabbed my hand, looked up to see consent Jinyoung. “Aera ah, I worry about you.” Sip the drink I told her I'm fine. “Do you perhaps like someone from the office? You know , we just started working for a few days. This too fast.”

 

 

Take a deep breath, I look straight into Jinyoung’s eyes. So many thing play in my mind. I don’t want she feel betrayed that I didn’t told them but I don’t think I should continue to lie to her. We silently eat and drink it's been an hour and the food has also finished already. “Should we go for dinner?” Stand up I just follow Jinyoung path. I don’t know how long we have been walking but we reach to unfamiliar street and stand in front of sushi restaurant. “This guy you call your husband, your crush is it?” Jinyoung’s try to lift the mood. “Jinyoung ah, I..it's not like I don’t want to tell you guys. I..I just don’t know how..” Change the seat beside me to hear clearly. “I.. married” Hugging my shoulder. “Are you happy?” Shock with the question, my tears fall on my cheek. “If you are then that enough.” The waiter flustered with us hugging and crying, he serve the food and walk away. “Now eat, so you can go back early to him. We will talk again later.”

 

 

The dinner really nice, we just talk about the lunch we had this afternoon. It was short meeting but a fun one. Jinyoung’s non - stop talking about the guy beside me which is Jun the leader. It's so obvious she has a crush on him. “but how about Taeyoung?” My phone vibrate cut our conversation, answer the call. “where are you? I will go fetch you.” Glance around the shop only left 3 table with customer, let me know its already late. Give him the restaurant name and location Jongin’s said he will be here soon. “We will drop you later.” Ask the bill from the waiter Jinyoung’s show me her phone where she already booked a taxi. Sigh, I give the waiter my card. Jinyoung’s slap my hand, we argue who will pay for the dinner. “I feel bad, just let me treat you please. Plus you already pay for the cake and drink just now!” The waiter took my card and Jinyoung’s drop on her chair.

 

 

Anxious Jinyoung’s is always the cutest, the taxi will be here soon so she worries about leaving me alone. “It's okay, I’m not a kid anymore. He will be here soon.” With a heavy step she hopped in a taxi with a reminder to call her once I reach home. Now my turn to be anxious, most of the shops are closed already but he hasn't reached. The staff from the restaurant we eat just now come out one by one and the last one lock the door. Glance to the waiter just now, they are talking and laughing among them. Suddenly the same guy who served us approached me and made me hold my sling bag tighter. “Hmm, sorry miss. If you don’t mind can I have your number?.” His friends whistle and cheer for him. He has good friends, that's good for him but not for me at the moment. Exactly at the right time the familiar black maserati car stopped in front of us. “Sorry, my husband here.” Nod to him I walk faster to the car. “Note to myself, never come here again!”