Chapter 12

STRANGER LOVE

 The moment I hop in the car I can see Jongin’s hard face make me think is it I did something wrong or perhaps he hates that I am going back late. The journey back home was just filled with the song play from radio and the DJ voice.

 

There is a heavy tug in my heart I cannot sleep, toss around still my eyes cannot close. See the time already 12:08 past midnight. “Where is he?” With a heavy step I walk to the kitchen, maybe warm milk can help me to fall asleep. “Eh, he is not here either .” Change my destination to the study room I knock before entering. Jongin still focuses on his laptop with one hand sip the coffee. Grab the chair I place it beside him and sit. From this distance I can see how much his eyes beg him for sleep but even with a dark circle under his eyes he still looks handsome. “I wish I could take his sleepiness.”

 

He reaches out and my hair. “I’m sorry..” finally I let out what has been bugging me since we got back. “For what?” Now I confuse what he means by for what? “Coming home late?” Sound so unsure. “I don’t mind, As long as you enjoy yourself. You deserve it anywhere.” With a frown on my face I said “Then.. w-why you suddenly.. s-so cold.” Cannot return his stare anymore I look down on his chest. His chest looks cozy and warm makes me sleepy and yawn. “Let’s go.” He said while turning off his laptop. “Go where?” Grab my hand he dragged me out of the study room. “Sleep.”

 

I wake up to an empty bed the next morning. Shutting my eyes tightly as I stretch my body. I flip onto my tummy on Jongin’s side of the bed. I take in a deep breath of his cloud-like aroma that I adore, his natural scent that he masks with his comforting but masculine cologne. I stay there for a while, my body slowly feeling like it’s floating makes me fall asleep again.

 

“Hye, wake up.” Jongin’s husky voice calls out, cutting through my sleep. I whine and pull the blanket over my head. His low chuckles resonate through my body ever though he is not physically next to me. “Wake up and get ready or you will be late.” I pull the covers down slightly so that I can peek at him, who is hovering over the bed, already in a suit. “What time right now?” my hair he said “it's 7:02.” I still can sleep for 15 minutes more.“You can go first.” I said in a squeak. “Are you sure? I can drop you.” Shake my head I said no. “I need more sleep but I never regret sleep late last night.”

 

My phone keep vibrate cut my sleep, answer the call with groggy voice “Hello?” sigh can hear from the other side. “You haven wake up? It's almost 8 already.” Left the call I run to the bathroom and get ready. Run to the bus stop I see the bus just pass. Check the info on the board the next bus will be around 8:30 means I really late already. Have no choice I need to take taxi, with the traffic light plus jem I reach the office exactly 8:25. Pay the driver I run to the lift I don’t care what people think at the moment. Slip my hand inside my bag I try to find my staff ID card but cannot found. “Don’t said I forgot please.” I stop walking abruptly to find the card but someone bump my back make both of us fall down. “Ya! don’t stop like that.” Ignore Taeyoung I feel like want to take out everything in my bag. “Whats wrong with you?” Seeing my face about to cry he help me stand up. “My card! I cannot found my card.” Taeyoung look at me like I have 3 eyes. He pull the ID string from my back. “You mean this?”

 

I let out a sigh of relief, But that relief soon became confused when I saw a really familiar man walk out from the lift and straight to the car waiting in the lobby. His stride is big and his face show worry while staring on his phone. “My husband…” Left my mouth while my eyes follow him. “What? Who? Your husband? Where?” I cannot stop staring until his car drive away. “Wait, are you talking about the man that walk pass by us to the car just now?” Nod to Taeyoung's question I forgot I’m already late so I started to run again and left Taeyong to follow my step.

 

Mumbling morning to the team, I walk to my place and drop on my seat feeling so exhausted. “Cannot be him, maybe I see wrongly.” Taeyoung entered the room with loud “Good Morning and hot news!” Gain other attention. “Our panda here just now said, our CEO Mr Kim Jongin is her husband.” Everyone laughed out loud but my brain kept processing what Taeyong said. “CEO? Kim Jongin?” Mei jumped to my defense. “Stop! Enough, go start working.” I feel grateful for Mei but not too long. “If not she will tell her husband and all of us will get fired.” I cannot help it end up laughing with them.

 

My phone vibrates cut everyone laughs. “Quiet guys, our boss calling.” Give everyone an evil eye. I answer the call. “Where are you?” Cannot hide the smile I said “In the office. I took a taxi just now, thanks wake me up.” I can hear Jongin let out a sigh of relief.

 

For the whole day I cannot focus on my task. I keep thinking is he really the boss and I don’t know either I should let him know I intern in his company. I don't want to bring him down, I'm scared people will talk bad about him because he chose me. “Its okay let keep this secret for this 6 month only.” Take a deep breath and I continue doing my task, this time more focus than before. “Panda? Hey, you okay?” Mei asks with a worried face, mutters an okay she gives me a small smile. “Everyone is asking about lunch but you didn’t give any response.” Observe around I see the empty room. “Everyone goes down already, today we will take the car because the restaurant is quite far. You will ride with me.” For the first time I will take Mei car, make me excited, with a light step we walk to the lift. About to walk in the lift the same marketing staff said “Sorry I don’t want to die with falling lift you know panda quiet heavy.” Close the lift door even before we got to say anything. Mei just sigh. “Its okay we can take the next lift, relax Mei.” I said why rub her shoulder.

 

Her car is exactly like her so cute KIA picanto blue color. “You not curios why our team not going well with marketing staff?” Start the engine she look at me. “Of course I am, but everyone seem like don’t want talk about it so I didn’t bother asking.” Set the location on GPS Mei start driving. “Actually before this we all quiet close, but that lady the one always mess with us that one. Her name Nana, she having crush on our leader. Let out gasp I didn’t expect this. Mei continue her story. “You know how our Jun always nice with everyone. So this girl so confident if she confess Jun will accept her. Sadly Jun turn her down because he have no feeling on her. Nana really pretty she tall look like model I don’t know a women as pretty like her also can be turn down. “Since that day she declare war between us.” Suddenly Jinyoung come on my mind, let out sigh I don’t want my friend to have heart broken.

 

“Is that mean Jun already in relationship?” Mei look at my side when the traffic light turn red. “Why? You want try our leader? How about your husband?” I slap Mei's shoulder and she laughs. “It's been long time since he last relationship, until now he said he haven found the right girl. Jun is the type follow the feeling not based on look or money. You can said he haven fall in love.” Nod to myself I take note to let Jinyoung know later. “You know alot about him..” The navigation said we arrive our destination and Mei park her car. Walk in the restaurant now I see Jun as someone better than just now make me proud he the leader.

 

Take out my phone while waiting for the order I read the group chat. They ask for a hangout this weekend because it's been a week since we last met up and there’s a lot to share. Open Jongin’s chat room. I sent the message to let him know if I can join the hangout this weekend. He responds okay, I ask if he is having his lunch. “Soon.” He replied short. “Must be busy, better don’t disturb.” Reply in the group chat that I will join I off the phone and keep it in my bag.