Chapter 10

STRANGER LOVE

Waking up earlier than the alarm, I try to sleep again but it seems like my eyes have their own mind. It just won't close plus my mind already starts actively working so many things pass by my mind make me growl.I cannot continue sleep. Turn around to see Jongin’s still sleeping peacefully ,even in the dark I still can trace how innocent and handsome he is. Maybe I wake up really early because most of the time either he is already off to work or already taking shower. The queen bed feels so big and he feels so far. Reaching out to his side, my hand only fell at the bolster which place at the center of the bed. Few minutes pass by just staring at him, take a deep breath, I walk to the bathroom and take shower. I don’t know why I feel so down, I need someone energy to pull me out from this too much thinking bubble. Bring my bag to the kitchen. I just stare at the coffee pot. Hugging myself I walked to the main door I didn’t feel like making coffee or breakfast this morning. Walking to the bus stop there are still not many people maybe because it is still early, take out my phone from the bag I see the time only 7:03. chuckle to myself at least today I didn’t forget to bring my phone.

 

Keep the phone back in the bag and take out my mp4 I plug both earphones. “What song should I listen to today” play twice - cheer up with the hope can really cheer me up. Walk to the lobby I can hear someone hon twice make me jump. I didn’t stand on the road also; scroll down the mirror. “Hey! You so early today still got an hour.” Looking around to find where the voice comes from I see one man wave his hand from the car. Walk closer with a good morning mr kim. “Hop in. Let's go eat breakfast together.” Don’t want to seem rude so I decided to join him. Mr Kim stopped the car at the lobby of a 5 star hotel and passed the key to the hotel staff. “Lets go” Now I doubt myself if I make a good choice by joining him for breakfast. Mr Kim walked to the long table and pulled the chair for me to sit. There are 4 sets of eyes looking at me. I recognize one pair belongs to Mr Byun.

 

“Morning Miss Kim, Order what you feel like it” Mr Byun sat opposite me said while passing the menu book to me. I can feel others' eyes keep staring at me make me cover my face with the menu book “I told you to choose what you want to eat not eat that menu book” I can feel my face so hot, I try to read the menu but all the words seem so difficult for me to understand. The waiter comes closer to take orders from me and Mr Kim makes me rush thinking what to eat “ is it here don’t have normal toast or what “. Mr Kim nodded to me so I can proceed to order “H..huh.. hm.. I will just take the same as Mr Kim” return back the menu book to the waiter I look down to my hand on the lap. “I thought we agree to call me Chen if you manage work with us.” Mr Kim whispering near to my ear makes my face hotter than it already is. “Instead of flirting with each other why don’t you introduce the lady to us” The guy beside Chen pushes Chen shoulder so he can look at me.

 

“Alright, introduction time! Everyone, this is Kim Aera. Aera, this is everyone Chanyeol, Xiumin, D.O and baekhyun. You already know him” My head seem like cannot process the name, plus is been long time since someone call me by my full name. “Sor..sorry?” I ask, not quite catching anything. Chen inhales deeply and blows some air. “Chanyeol, Xi..” Mr Byun cut him, “I’ll do it.” He casually slinging an arm over the guy beside him . “So you know I’m Baekhyun . The tall one beside Chen is Chanyeol, and the one beside me here is Kyungsoo but we call him D.O. Beside D.O there is Minseok but we call him Xiumin.” Nod to everyone I smile. Hearing my phone ringing I read the number means I didn’t save it, press answer “Where are you?” Listen to familiar voice make my mood down I didn’t even have his number “I’m now eating breakfast” Remind that I didn't prepare breakfast for him make me feel bad with Oh he hang up the call “Now eat! You don’t want to be late on your second day don’t you” pick up the spoon I see in front of me is porridge make me stare at Chen side. “What? I’m not feeling well so I order porridge not my fault you decide to order same with me” Listen to Chen make me laugh his face look like I just blame him on something. My laugh suddenly die when I see really familiar man walk straight to us. He stylish hair with tight suit. Without I notice I mumble Kim Junmyeon.

 

The moment our eyes meet I feel like he can see through me. “You know Suho hyung?” Chen nudges my side. “S..suho?” Take a seat beside Xiumin and he proceed to order. “I guess all the CEOs are too busy for breakfast, Kai also seldom joins us” Said Chanyeol “ Hai, I see that we have additional members today” Smile brightly to him I said Hai I don’t care if I look like love struck because I am. I mean it's my dream to work with Soft blue and this guy is the CEO of Soft Blue. “Stop look at him and eat faster. You know now already 8:15” Give an evil eye to Chen I proceed to eat but the moment spoon reaches to my mouth. “Ah.. hot.. Hot ” Slip the tea to reduce the heat but the tea is also hot make my tears come out. I can hear the other members laugh at me.Finish eat I and Chen excuse to go first. Walking to the door I can hear Chanyeol's loud voice “Kai! Finally you decide to join us. But you late man, just now Chen bring one fine lady”

 

The moment Chen parks his car on the underground parking I try to open the door but its lock. Look at Chen with begging eyes “Remember call us by Mr at office. You don’t want weird rumors spread don’t you” With fast nod and okay okay finally Chen unlock the door make me dashing to the lift. “Said the guy who doesn't want weird rumors but lock me in his car” Roll my eyes. Jun assigned Taeyong to teach me about the system make me sigh. “What with that attitude, I still have a lot of things I need to do other than teaching you know” I hope Mei or maybe others but not Taeyong. I got a feeling that this guy hates me. Push his chair towards me and turn on my PC. After 45 minutes of scolding and mocking he said enough for today and to let him know if anything I do not understand. “Like I will.. ” Scoff to him , he patted my head. “Not bad our Panda here” Push his hand away I fix my hair. I can hear him laugh while pushing his chair back to his place.

 

Today Jun right man Mark will decide where to eat for lunch. He suggested we eat nearby new open restaurants where we just need to walk a bit. Sitting beside Mei and Jun we read the menu book. I don’t feel like eating maybe because I got a cold from Chen this morning or I still feel bad about my husband. Turning on my phone I decide to save his number thinking what to write the name. “Our Panda which set you want?” Didn’t receive my response Mei shout on my ear made me say set A!. Focus back on my phone I decide to save as my husband and love icon. Smile to myself I didn’t notice Jun take a peek on my phone. “Husband?” Nod to him I feel proud for the first time I let someone know I have a husband but I don’t think they take it seriously. “Aigoo… our panda here has a husband? Do you have cub also?” Mei tickling my side makes me laugh and lean on Jun side. We stop play around when the waiter serves the food. “What did I order just now?” The ahjumma serves set A for me which is Hobak - juk (호박죽) Which is sweet, mellow porridge made with pumpkin and rice flour. Banchan(반찬) is a must which has several kinds of side dishes and Kimchi. Gwangyang-bulgogi (광양불고기) Which is premium class bulgogi grilled immediately after hand-rubbing thin slices of beef rib-eye with marinade at the table plus the seaweed soup and steamed rice and ending with seasonal fruit as dessert. “Wah look expensive.. Huhu”  I look around no one order the same set as me.

 

They said most time Jun will pay the food so at office only we separate the bill. Walking to my table Jun bring the bill “Yours one 19, 000 won, maybe because you take premium beef” Blink my eyes I cannot believe I eat that much most time I spend around 8 000 won for lunch. “Wait, I don’t think I got cash that much. I forgot withdraw the money” Listen to the Jun talking gain Mark attention. “It's not my fault that you order that set, but since I feel sorry bring you there and you intern I will pay for you” hear complaints from everyone make me smile some shout they should order expensive food next time if mark suggest where to eat. “No, Its okay. I eat it so I will pay it” With loud yes! Mark walk to his seat make Jun shake his head. “Can I transfer? I forgot withdraw money” With nod Jun take out his phone and show me his QR code for me to scan. Return back to his seat I check my account balance. “He transfers the money again” Every month he always transfers the money and it's not like I use that much also. “Wahh, Panda so rich” Ignore Taeyong I logout my online banking and focus back on my PC.

 

Instead of returning back to his seat he kept bugging me with am I got to do part-time or is it I got a scholarship. After receiving shut up from everyone he finally returned back to his place. Tongue out I giggle to him make him throw his rubber to my side. People will not believe that we just know each other for two days with the way we behave. Look on the table I am thinking whose picture should I put. “We never take pictures together..” Suddenly Junmyeon face flash on my mind or maybe just put his picture only then I can work hard to be accepted by Soft Blue. The thought makes me laugh. “Just what is so funny?” Turn around and face Jisung. “Nothing, hehe.. anything I can help you?” Smiling to him makes me curious how old this guy is. “Here is the list you need to check. Deadline is next Monday, make sure you list all the problems so next week I will teach you how to inform the programmer” Take the list from Jisung I read my first task. “Noted, Thank you.”

 

Exactly 5:30 everyone rushing to the lift but I need to shut down the PC it keeps loading makes me envious. “You guys can go first” But I can hear Mark and Jisung keep shouting faster. The moment that PC turns off I grab my bag and run to the lift. I see everyone already inside the lift and Jun press open to make sure I manage to go inside. I can see there unfamiliar faces must be from other departments. “Panda, there no one among us will go first or last remember. We will walk together” Hugging Mei I feel so touched. “If this lift broke we know which department is the reason” hear my team member growl make me know they must be from the marketing department. Coming out from lift at G the same lady walks faster and bump my shoulder makes me almost fall if not because Taeyoung is holding me. “T..thank you” Still shock Taeyoung helped me fix my bag on my shoulder. “Lets go”

 

Today the bus seems packed more than yesterday. I have no choice but to stand. I can feel my phone vibrate on my bag but the bus too pack and I don’t want to let go of the holder. I feel like I will really fall this time. Getting off the bus I decide to see who is calling and call back. “Minki ah, what's wrong?” Today instead of straight back I walked to the supermarket nearby to buy groceries. “Why? I cannot call my friend to know how you doing.” How this guy can still be single he is so gentle and caring.Even though only a few days we didn’t see each other so many things we need to catch up. Still on the phone while buying the groceries I didn’t notice it's been an hour since we started talking. “Minki ah, I need to go now. Take care of yourself and that two monkey” Place the item on the cashier counter. We end the call and I keep the phone in my bag. Placing the item in my recycle bag I am about to pay when someone passes his card to the cashier. Staring at him I cannot believe my eyes. “Lets go, I cannot park longer in front of the store” Grab the bag Jongin’s proceed to his car.

 

I cannot smile there are heavy tug on my heart. Sitting silently on the passenger seat beside the driver I see from the mirror he keeps the bag inside the car bonnet before coming in and starting the engine. “I saw you at the cashier counter when I passed by so I stop to help” only nod to him I stare at the window beside me. Feel the car haven moving. I look at him as he stares deep at me. With a sigh he drove the car back to our house. The supermarket is not really far but it's been 20 minutes since he started driving we haven reached. Stop in front of the cafe he walks out with a confused face I tail after him. Walking to the counter he ordered espresso while I iced chocolate. The cashier asks him whether we want it as take away or dine in. He looked at me waiting for the response but gained no response. He replied to dine in. The cashier asks if we need anything else. “You want any cake or toast?” Since I am already here why not enjoy it “Waffle with top vanilla ice cream. Please make it 2 scoop. Thank you”

 

I Proceeded to sit at the round table with 2 chairs. I don’t know if this round table is small or his leg is long. After a few times his leg touching mine I think he deliberately tried to make me piss. It's awkward, without any drink to sip and food to eat I don’t know what to do plus he keeps staring straight at my face. “You early today” Playing with my hand I didn’t receive any reply from him until I look up to see his face “I have a meeting outside, too lazy to get back at the office so decide to straight come home” with a oh our conversational end, I don’t know either I should ask him about his job. The buzzer vibrates on the table and gains our attention and he stands up to take our food and drink. Taking out my phone I silently took his picture while he was walking to the table; his eyes on the drink so It wont spilled. “I really a good photographer I just need to cut the bottom from the tray.. kaka”  

 

The moment he set the waffle in front me I started to dig in the ice cream. “Why not order the ice cream instead of waffle?” I don’t have an answer to that. I also don’t know why I ordered waffles. “I..I.. will eat the waffle last” Grab the tissue he sweeps the ice cream on my mouth. Feeling playful I take the ice cream with a spoon and spread it on my mouth. Without saying anything he just cleaned the ice cream but on the third time he grabbed my hand and held it. “Enough.” Puff my cheek. “But I want to eat more” Try to pull back my hand make him hold tighter. He pulled the waffle plate near him and took the spoon to feed me. I broke into a wide smile and ate the waffle. “How come it taste more sweet than just now”