To tell you the truth

The First and Last

"I wish the pictures will turn out great," Doyoung groaned as he stretched his back. You and him spent the whole day doing your pre-wedding photoshoot. You had mentally prepared yourself, just in case Doyoung would surprise you with his sudden physical affection. Luckily he didn't. He stuck to the concept that Johnny suggested; basically following the concept of his Youtube channel and doing pretty much anything, and everything. Although you didn't have to change clothes many times, Johnny, the photographer insisted to go to various places to catch various moments.

"It's Johnny. What could go wrong with the photos?" You sat up, your back against a pillow,  joining him on the bed. "At least the weather was nice today. I wouldn't survive if it was sunny and we had to go here and there."

"You're right." Then he got up too to match your head level. He scooted closer to share his phone with you. "Look, he sent some preview. And some pictures he took with his phone."

Smiling genuinely, you gave approval nods. "As expected from John," you cheered.

Without you realizing, Doyoung fixed his gaze at your side profile. His lips formed a little smile. He was glad to see you at ease, and even have fun dealing with the whole process during and after the photoshoot. He felt accepted, embraced to be a significant part of your life. He made a right decision to have Johnny as the photographer.

"Thank you for today. You've worked hard," he said as he brought his hand to your head, before brushing and tucking your hair behind your ear.

"So suddenly?" You chuckled.

"Oh?" His hand stopped at your ear. "Did you get a new ear piercing?"

"Yeah, you can tell?"

"Is that new earrings?"

"Yeah, I got it from Taeyong. I also went with Taeyong to get my ears pierced."

"With Taeyong?" Doyoung calmly parroted your words. He almost let out a freaked-out, disbelief tone. If there was one thing he failed to realize, it was the smile on his face that instantly disappeared once Taeyong's name was mentioned. He immediately pulled back his hand.

Okay. Let's calm down, Kim Doyoung.

No.

What? What is this?

What if this stupid marriage only leads you to Taeyong? Am I a fool? Did I unintentionally make you two get closer? Is this relationship actually benefit Taeyong? Is it only your body stays with me, but your mind and your heart all belong to Taeyong? What am I now?

"Doyoung?" you called, reaching his hands which curled into a fist without him knowing.

"Yeah?"

"Is everything alright? You... seem off these days."

"I'm fine. I just have a lot in my mind." He faked a stretching for his arms.

"Did something happen between you and Taeyong? You sometimes act weird when he's around. Did you really clear up everything with him?"

Just who is it that you care about more? Is it me? Or is it Taeyong?

"Let me ask you once again. Are we going to continue our marriage? You know you can always say no, and we'll still be friends. I promised you that, right?"

You let out a little gasp in disbelief. The corner of your lips showed a smirk, and Doyoung can tell that it was not a happy face of yours. "Are you joking right now?"

"I'm not," he mumbled.

"Doyoung, it's not funny when it's literally a few weeks left and, hello, I am your housemate who just moved not long time ago. I even share a bed with you. If you're going to kick me out this soon, I should never have considered accepting your offer and said yes in the first place." A heavy, frustrated sigh escaped your mouth.

Doyoung was stunned by the sudden emotion in your tone.

No. He shouldn't pick up a fight. He should not trigger you.

"You ask me that again one more time, I will go back to my parents house and I will leave everything behind." You didn't want to get worked up too much. But the more you being questioned 'are you sure?' and such, it would just make you more confused and you would start doubting everything. You'd doubt if this decision is right, if you could make it with Doyoung, if Doyoung had been playing around, if Doyoung finally realize his decision isn't right, if you two will end up like you and Taeyong.

"You're right. I'm sorry." He gripped your hands tight. "I think my mind got consumed by the stress and everything."

"You can always tell me. I will be all ears?" you offered sincerely. "And I will be here for you."

"No, it's not a big deal. But having your shoulders to lean on would be much appreciated though."

Without words, you opened up your arms, inviting him to rest on your embrace. He gladly accepted your offer. His arms immediately looped around your waist as he leaned his head on your shoulder.

Doyoung's pride was too huge to break off. He couldn't risk to break this relationship by telling you how envious he was of Taeyong. But he can't be sure of how much he could endure it. Maybe telling you the truth would do no harm.

"Actually, can I be honest? You can hate me, but promise me you won't leave me."

The stiff expression on your face finally softened as you began to feel concerned, wondering what he was about to say. "Okay, now you're scaring me. What is it?"

He lifted up his head to face you. His bunny eyes found yours, piercing into your soul like never before. "I think I love you."

You slowly raised both of your eyebrows. "Okay?"

"No, I mean it. I love you, like love love you. I've developed this feeling since.. maybe since your father gave me the longest advice in my life. I never thought I would feel this way. But, yeah, I catch feelings, Jooyeon."

Your slowly widened eyes can't lie that you were flustered. "Th-thank you, I guess? For telling me, and for loving me."

"I'm not finished."

You nodded, suggesting him to continue.

"I hate to admit this," he said as he snuggled back against your shoulder. "But I'm jealous of Taeyong. I'm uncomfortable if you're being too close with him, just like how he's uncomfortable looking at us." He buried his face on your shoulder. "I'm not saying you can't hang out with him. I understand that he's important for you. But if you go out with him, at least please don't let me know. I think it would be better, to know nothing. I hate this feelings too, but I'm sorry I can't help it."

You could feel he tightened his embrace on your waist. "Sorry, I didn't know all of that. I've been very insensitive." his hair and rubbing his back at the same time, you continued, "Truthfully I'm still figuring my feelings out. It would be nice if you could wait for me. But from now on, I promise I'll treat you better."

He suddenly sat up straight, facing you. "Wait, you don't hate me?"

You chuckled. "You don't know I've hated you since the day you got my English notebook wet it almost torn apart?"

He drew a wide, relieved grin as he cupped your cheeks. Right, he just needed more faith. If this would be worth the wait, then he certainly would wait for you. That alone made him happy enough although he still couldn't brush off the disturbing feelings regarding Taeyong. At least, this should be a good sign that you really accepted him and this whole relationship, and the upcoming new chapter of life you would be sharing with him.

This time he leaned in and without warning, he gave you a quick peck on your lips. Of course, it still startled you. And he gave another one.

You started getting nervous. "Doyoung?"

He kissed you once more before responding to you with a hum.

"Wha—"

He cut you with another smooch.

You were speechless. His moves were getting bolder that now he scooted closer, almost pining you down, slightly making you feel intimidated as the upper part of his body was on top of you. But eventually you gave in and kind of let him do whatever he was doing.

Maybe I'll just let it slide today. Your lips gradually curved a little smile as you kept receiving little kisses from Doyoung.

"Why are you smiling?" he teased.

You raised both of your eyebrows, taken aback by his sudden question. "I'm not." Blushing because he got you, a pout now was formed. But this didn't stop him being all smoochy and giggly.

"I'm so thankful that it's you. And you, for being you," he whispered, resting his forehead against yours, finally taking a pause from the non-stop little attacks to your lips.

"Me too. I should be more grateful because you've been putting up with me."