First Day In New School

Can't Take My Eyes Off You

Chaeyoung POV

Finally I finished cleaning my new room. It feel like it takes forever to be decorated but due to the high patience that I got, it only takes 3 days to finish. Today is my first day at my new school and I can’t wait to see my cousin at there. Luckily my uncle live near here so I don’t need to worry about getting new friends at the new school.

 

“Baby, are you already done packing your school things?”

 

“Yes mummy, I’m done”.

 

“You going to the school all alone or you wait for your cousin?”

 

“It’s okay, I prefer by myself. I already told her to meet me at the school’s main door.”

 

“Are you sure? Mummy can send you to the school, it’s still cold outside”, said mummy while cupping my face.

 

“Stop babying her mummy, she’s already 16 years old”. Chaejun making an annoyed face while munching his cereal bowl.

 

“Your hoverboard. I want to ride it today”, I asked him and sat in front of him.

 

“It was at the garage. Hey, don’t lose it. If you lose it, I’m gonna-“, Chaejun still not finish his words when his phone suddenly vibrate.

 

He pick up the call and rushing towards the door after kiss mummy’s cheek. I just continue eating the cereal while scrolling my chats in the phone.

 

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Here I am, standing in front of my new school. It was so BIG. I wonder how the hallways will look like. Are the cafeteria also big? How many students in here? Do the school have various club that I can join? Are the-

 

“Ack- What the hell”. While I was talking with myself, suddenly there’s someone ruffle my hair from behind.

 

“Wow, look what we’ve got here. A new kid”, say a girl with a shiny black hair. She look pretty from the side and she seems like one of the popular kids in the school. She suddenly wrap her arm around my shoulder and give a big smile.

 

“Congratulations for recognizing me. Now let me go”, I said while trying to get escape from her.

 

“What class are you getting in? Wait, how old are you? Oh wait, I didn’t introduce myself yet. My name is-”

 

“Yah Kyulkyung, get your hands off her”, said someone from the far.

 

I struggle to see who is that person because that Kyulkyung girl is still wrapping her hands around me. From the far I saw my savior walking towards me. Thank you God for sending me a help.

 

“Jeongyeon! Help me get away from this girl, I don’t know what she trying to do” I whine while making a sad face. Kyulkyung turn her face to me and pinching my cheek while smiling happily. “Omo you so cute, I’m so lucky to see your cute face this close”

 

Jeongyeon aka my cousin, quickly pulled me off from Kyulkyung and make me stand behind her. I just realise there’s another two girls standing beside her but I don’t know who are them. “Please don’t make she trauma on her first day, you idiot. If I saw you doing like this to her again, I swear I’m gonna hit you”

 

“Yeah, you also said that last week but you never do it. I’m tired waiting, Jeongyeon-ah”, she shrugged her head.

 

“I just give you a chance. You should thanked me”, Jeongyeon start walking towards the school. I just follow her from behind, same as her two friends. I turn my face to see Kyulkyung but she already watching me. “Bye cutie, see you next time!”, she said while waving her hands to me.

 

“First day in school, you already have a fan huh? So cool”, Jeongyeon said as we walked at the hallways. The students who waiting at the hallway are looking at me curiously. I just fixing my hair and walked casually. I didn’t like getting attention from the students. I hate it. It feels like they watched all my movement. And it was scary. “I don’t like it. Why they watching me? I think I didn’t do anything that may grab their attention”. I just placing my head down.

 

“Because you’re walking with the school’s girl crush”, said one of Jeongyeon’s friends.

 

“We’re sorry for all the attention you get, we can’t avoid it. We’re too fame, hahaha”, said the other one while crossing her hands. She seem like a confident person to say that out loud.

 

“Jeongyeon? A school’s girl crush? My cousin? What-”, I got shooked.

 

“But don't worry, you're with us now so you officially become one of the member’s group”, that confident girl tap my shoulder slowly. I have no idea what they trying to say.

 

"Anyway Chaeng-ah, didn't you feel that you're TOO late for moving into a new school? I mean we're in December now, like seriously?", said Jeongyeon. I let out a sigh. "I don't know, my dad insisted us to move by this month. I mean, I can wait to finish this grade at Australia and move back to Korea after that. Maybe he doesn't trust me', I shrugged. "It's okay bro, as long you're comfortable here. We're here for you", she patted my shoulder slowly. Then we make our way to the classroom.

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

16-A, that’s my new classroom. Luckily, I was put in the same class with Jeongyeon and her other two friends. After the hallway’s introduction, I already got to know the other two’s name. Tzuyu, the one who popular for her savage attitude but have a pretty face and Dahyun, the one who confident in doing anything and popular for her happy energy. And, there’s Jeongyeon, the school’s basketball captain and popular for her charming face.

 

“So, you're that new student? Nice to meet you, I’m Jihyo”, said a girl with a big eye after I sat on my seat. She reach out her hand to greet me. Her seat was in front of mine but the seat beside her are still empty, I wonder who is her seatmate. Dahyun, who luckily turned to be my seatmate is playing with her smartphone while waiting for the teacher to come in.

 

“Nice to meet you too. Just call me Chaeyoung”, I said while reply her handshake.

 

“Yah Jeongyeon-ah, I didn’t know you and your cousin will have the same hairstyle”. She tried to touch my hair. Damn, why everyone want to touch my hair? I dodge her hand and make a weird face. Jeongyeon just laugh from her seat and continued ate a chocolate bar. Tzuyu just laid her head on the desk and doesn’t even care with our conversations. 

 

“Okay, enough with that Kyulkyung girl. Now you also want to do this to me?”

 

“Sorry, I can’t resist it. Geez, I guess you have a short temper like her too", she muttered. "Kyulkyung? What’s wrong with her?”

 

“She greet Chaeyoung earlier than us”, Dahyun said while her eyes still glued on the smartphone. “And she’s messing with my hair, like what you just did”, I replied while fixing my hair. “Well, maybe it because you're too cute to be ignore. Can’t blame her”, Jihyo laughed and turned her body from me. "Oh so you like short hair people now?", Tzuyu said from her desk. Huh? 

 

"It doesn't matter what type of hair as long as they have a kind heart and less problematic", Jihyo replied, in a slow tone but yet can be heard from my desk. Tzuyu just sighed and threw her sight to the outside of window. 

 

“Oh God, the barbies are here”, Dahyun said under her breath. "What barbies?", I dumbfounded. "There", Dahyun pointing to the door. I turn my eyes towards the classroom’s door and saw a group of girls walking into the class. Suddenly I feel like things around me stop moving and my eyes only fixed to a person in that group. It feels like dejavu. I feel like I know her. But I can't remember. That face, I swear I've seen it before, but where was it?

 

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

uwuuu, already chapter 2.