A Not-So-Exciting Day

Can't Take My Eyes Off You

 

Chaeyoung POV

 

“Chop chop, come on let’s move”. Said Daddy after finished with the check out process at the hotel’s registration counter. He pushed me slowly to start walking after seeing me standing frozed at the hotel’s main door. We had to sleep at a hotel yesterday due to the lateness to arrived at the exact time to our new house because the house agent, Mr Lee already go back to his home. It’s all Chaewon fault. If he’s not forgetting one of his boxes at his old room, maybe we can arrive at the new house on time. Stupid brother.

 

“Move your from that door Son Chaeyoung!”

 

“Mind your words, Son Chaejun. I still alive”. Said mom while slapping Chaejun’s shoulder.

 

“It’s freezing outside. I can’t feel my fingers”.

 

I tried to warm my body by hugging my mom. Why do we need to move during winter time? It’s not fun. We should celebrate the Christmas at our old’s house. It’s more fun. I can invite all my friends. Talking about them, gosh I already missed my friends. I slide my hand into my winter jacket’s pocket to reach my smartphone. A picture of a group of girls laying on the grass while making a stupid pose showing when I touch the home button on my smartphone.

 

“Just put on the glove, baby. Of course it’s freezing, this is winter session.”

 

“Told ya, sometime your daughter too dumb to live”

 

“Enough talking, let’s go. Mr Lee already waiting for us at the front of our new house. Make sure both of you already bring all of your stuff.” Daddy pointing his finger towards me and Chaejun to remind us. I just shrugged my head and followed him to the car.

 

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

After 15 minutes driving, we finally arrived. Actually it takes just 5-6 minutes to arrive at the house, but due to the snowy road the traffic is getting kinda slow. From a far, we can see Mr Lee is trying to open the house’s gate to let our car parked at the porch.

 

“Welcome Mr Son and the family! Finally you guys safely arrived.” Mr Lee give us a big smile and shake his hand with daddy. Our new house is really big. Like, REALLY BIG. I wonder why daddy bought a big house when the number of people who live in this house are only four persons. Well actually it was five but our lovely sister are too busy to celebrate the Christmas with us, so this year it will only be the four of us. Chaejun nudge my rib and mouthed ‘wow’ when we saw a pool with a waterfall at the backyard area.

 

“Daddy really whipped for this house. I wonder if I can ask him to buy us a four-wheels motorcycle.”

 

“Just try ask him, I bet daddy will give it to us.”

 

“Sounds like a plan.”

 

Me and Chaejun fist bump slowly and smile evily while thinking about it.

 

“If there’s nothing else, come I’ll show you the entire house,” Mr Lee start leading us towards the front of the house.

 

Daddy and mom’s face seem so excited to enter our new house. Mom’s already fall in love with the yard as she can plant many flowers that she like after seeing how big the area was. As we stand at the front door, Mr Lee start searching for the keys in his pants’ pocket. Suddenly his face turned confused.

 

“What’s wrong Mr Lee?”

 

“I think I forgot to take the keys at my dashboard. You guys wait here, I’ll go take it in my car.” Mr Lee started walking towards his car that he parked at the main street, before daddy stop him.

 

“It’s freezing outside, just let the kids do that it for you. Chaejun, go take it.” Daddy shooing Chaejun smoothly.

 

“It would be great if the youngest one does it in the name of sincerely and kindness.” Chaejun smirk while glancing at me. He then slowly mouthing ‘you can ride my hoverboard’ before turned his head to another direction. Riding a hoverboard to school? Hell yeah.

 

“Fine, I’ll do it.” I just rolled my eyes and walked to Mr Lee’s car. Darn Chaejun. Why I have a brother like him.

 

“Thank you Chaengie, the keys is in my dashboard. Just open the door, I didn’t lock it”.

 

I nod slowly and walk towards Mr Lee’s car. The breeze are too cold so I need to hide my face behind the scarf that I’m wearing right now.

 

After taking the keys from the dashboard, suddenly I got a feel that a pair of eyes was watching me from the far. I quickly rise my head up and started to look around. Who the hell creeping on me during at this freezing time? As I’m looking around at the neighbourhood, my eyes catch a figure, standing behind the window in the house that were located four houses away from mine. The body seems like belonging to a girl as that person height was not so tall and her body shape is skinny. I tried to focus on her but then got interrupted with Daddy’s voice.

 

“Yah Son Chaeyoung! You’re taking the keys or making the keys! Faster please we’re freezing here!”

 

“Coming Daddy!”. I just shrugged my mind about that girl and decide to not think about it.

 

Without I know, that girl continue watching me from her window's room. Silently looking at me from the far. Disbelief that I was here today, living in the same neighbourhood with her.

 

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

sorry for that short chapter :')