What's Going On Here?

Can't Take My Eyes Off You

Chaeyoung POV

“Okay, that’s all for today. Thank you”, said the teacher and she walked away from the classroom.

 

“Man, I’m so hungry. I don’t know what Miss Kim have been talking about at the front for the entire lesson”, Dahyun rubbing her tummy and sometime patting it like a baby.

 

“I think she talks about homework”, I said while adjusting my spectacles' position but actually I tried to steal a couple glance towards the person that are sitting beside Jihyo. Even from the back, she still look pretty. How can a person like her exist in this world? She stole my attention since she walked to the classroom. I feel like, I want to know more about her. Wait that's sound weird. Suddenly she turned her face to talk with Jihyo. Oh my she so pretty. Her side profile is too perfect. I didn't realised how long I was staring at her before I feel like someone is standing beside me. 

 

"Why the teachers are too cruel with us? It's still Monday but they already gave tons of homework to be done”, Jeongyeon whining from her seat.

 

“Screw homeworks, I'm hungry. Chaeyoung-ah, let's go to the cafeteria. I'll show you where our favourite seat”, Tzuyu patted my shoulder and walked to the class’s door. I get up from my seat to follow her but suddenly a girl with bunny teeth appear out of nowhere in front of me and we both almost bump with each other.

 

"Sorry! My bad", she giggled. 

 

"Chaeyoung-ah! What are you doing?", Tzuyu already crossing her hand at the door. 

 

"Yeah coming", I nervously replied. Damn, why I already feel scare with her?

 

“Yah wait for us. Since when you guys start getting close? Geez”, Dahyun said after cleaning her table and ran to join us. "Because you're too slow", Tzuyu clinging her hand around Dahyun's shoulder. "Then why do you still want to be friend with me?", she acted like she want to throw a fist to her. "I don't know", Tzuyu rolled her eyes. "What do you mean-", they both started bickering while I'm just standing there quietly. Heol, can we go now? 

 

"Come on I'm hungry!", I turned my sight to a girl with a bang who scream out of frustration to her friend that are still laughing together happily around their desk. They just ignored her and continued talking about something that I can't hear from here. I secretly gaze at the girl who sit beside Jihyo but she already look at me that moment. Our eyes meet each other for a while before she quickly turned her face to her friends. My heart suddenly beating fast. I frozed. "Let's go~", Dahyun pulled me after she realised that I already spaced out. 

 

“Wait, where’s Jeongyeon?”, I asked Dahyun when we arrived at the hallway. 

 

“She said she have somethings to do, she'll meet us later at the table”. 

 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

“Why Jihyo is not coming with us?”, I said while munching my meal. Their favourite seat is really cool. It was located far from the student and less from the noisy of other student. It also give a privacy space for us to talk. “She will come, but usually kinda late”, Tzuyu taking a bite from her hamburger. “Or she maybe come with the barbies. I bet Jeongyeon can't wait to see her crush”, Dahyun laughed. 

 

“What the hell are you talking about, she’s not my crush. We're just classmates”, Jeongyeon suddenly replied. Where the hell did she's coming from?

 

"Where did you go earlier?", I asked her. "Natural call", she grinned and ate her meal.

 

"Okay, back to what we talk earlier. A couple days ago I saw you and Nayeon walking together after school hour", Dahyun leaking an information to us. Tzuyu turned her head towards Jeongyeon and raised her eyebrow. Jeongyeon looked back at her. "Chewy why did you look at me like that huh? And Dahyun, I wonder do you have some superpower to see people without getting noticed by them?", she pointing her spoon to Dahyun. 

 

"Well, nothing can escape from my eyes", she proudly bragged. "So?", she played with her eyebrow. "What? I've told you guys right that she just a classmate to me. Not more than that", Jeongyeon's tone sounded sad. "Yeah, but we know that you had a crush on her. For years, since middleschool", said Dahyun. "You cannot deny your feelings forever, bro", Tzuyu suddenly responded. 

 

“True! Even though I have no idea who the hell are you guys talking about right now, but come on Jeongyeon-ah just tell her that you like her!", I hitted hard Jeongyeon’s hand. “Fine, I'll think about it later, thanks guys. And Chaeyoung-ah", she smiled before facing her body towards me. "Yes?", I looked her. "There’s no need to hit me, you smol!”, Jeongyeon yell at me while smacking my head. "Ack! That's hurt, you stupid!", I rubbed my head. That's hurt. TT

 

"You start it first!"

 

"But I didn't hit you this hard! Not my head~", I protested.

 

Dahyun and Tzuyu just looked at both of us without any reaction. “You know what Dubu? Suddenly I missed to see people fighting with each other, especially when there are physical touches involve like this. The atmosphere, the tenseness. It's so satisfying. Do you remember when Sana and that idiot fighting over a stupid yogurt? Man, I wish I record it that time. Such a masterpiece”, Tzuyu ignored us and chatting with Dahyun. 

 

“Ahh that fight, of course I remember about it. That was one of the precious moment ever happened in my life, finally I had an opportunity to talk with Sana", she replied while wiping a fake tears. "Pfffttt, talk? Are you kidding me?", Tzuyu burst into laugh. "As far as I remember, you only say 'please calm down, Sana-ah' before Jihyo interrupted their fight and make a peace between them".

 

"Well, it still considered as talking right? Don't worry, one day I'll be able to talk with her, alone. Mark my words Chewy-ah!", she clenched her fist. "And by the way, are you both done fighting?!", she turned at us. I stopped Jeongyeon's hand from hitting me again and declared a peace. “Okay, okay I’m sorry if I hit you that hard”. I fixed my hair and my school's uniform. "So are we cool now?", we both shake our hands and nodded at the same time.

 

“So Dahyun, tell me. Who are ‘the barbies’ that you talked about earlier?”

 

“Oh, they are the top girls in this school, just like us. But in a different way”, Dahyun stopped for a while to drink her milk. “Four of them are popular in this school for some reason”.

 

“What do you mean?”

 

“First, Im Nayeon. That girl is popular for her pretty face and she is the leader for the basketball’s cheerleader team. And if you don't know, she is Jeongyeon’s crush”, Jeongyeon tried to rage but I close and asked Dahyun to continue. “Next is, urm, Minatozaki Sana”, she suddenly scrunched her nose. “She is known for her modelling activities and her family background. Her grandfather was a rich guy in Japan but her family stayed here since she still a kid. And she also pretty. And cute. And adorable. And-”, Tzuyu looked at her in disbelief. “Then we have Hirai Momo, Sana’s cousin”, Tzuyu’s face turned serious after she heard that named. Dahyun looked at her and continued her words. “She is the best dancer in this school, she always participated in any school’s dance competition, and she always won. For your information, she was Tzuyu’s rival since middle school. Just for one reason, envy”. she explained. Jeongyeon just nodded and didn’t say anything. "Tsk, that idiot", Tzuyu rolled her eyes. "Envy? Why? Is it because Tzuyu can dance well too?", I'm curious. "What? Nooo, it's not about that", Dahyun frustrated. 

 

"Later, if we both are free, I will tell you more in details okay? ", Jeongyeon patted my head. "Alright, last but not least we have Myoui Mina. The most intelligent person in their circle of group along with Jihyo. She always be in top five among the student in our batch. She also do ballet, but I never saw she get in any competition in this school. Maybe because she’s shy. Or maybe she just doesn’t care about it. She just like Tzuyu, heartless. I don’t know how they can be close with her. I once tried to talk with her but she just looked at me without any reactions and leave me alone like an idiot", said Dahyun.

 

"I see", I replied. 

 

"Yah, do you know that she's living in the same neighbourhood with you? I think her house just near yours. Her house is the one that have a big cherry's tree at the front lawn", Jungyeon added.

 

“Wait, she live near me? How do you know?”, I'm shooked. Could be the girl who watched me that day was her? "Because when we were young-", suddenly Jeongyeon stopped talking and grabbed my milk while facing to other direction. “What the hell, that’s mine”, I looked at her in annoyed. First, because she took my milk, and second, she didn't even finish her words. Smh. “They’re coming”, I heard she mumbled something. “Who is coming here-”, I asked her but later got cut off by a loud voice.

 

“Chaeyoung-ah! Finally we met again, this must be a fate! Omo I’m so happy today”, I frozed in my seat. Oh God not her again. “This is not a fate, this is bad luck. How do you know that I'm here?”, I triedto avoid from making any eye contact with Kyulkyung. 

 

“Hahahaha, I don’t know that you're also funny. Of course I know that you were here, look with whom you're eating right now. The school badass~", she chuckled. "Anyway, what are you doing after school? Wanna grab some drinks together?”, she linking her arm around my shoulder. Again.

 

“It’s okay, I already promised with my mum to come home early today. Beside that, I barely know you. I can't just trust you so easily”, I tried to escape from her touch. 

 

“Awww what a lovely daughter~ That's fine, we can get to know each other later, cutie. All I need now is your-”

 

“Yah Kyulkyung-ah, did you bring the things that I want?”, suddenly we heard a voice not far from our table and I saw a group of girls are making their way to us. "That's the barbie group", Dahyun whispered to me. 

 

“Nayeon-ah, I forgot to bring it here, I'm so sorry~”, Kyulkyung tried to make a cute face. “Gosh, fine. But make sure after recess you handed it to me”, she said before changed her attention to me.

 

“Ahh there you are, new kid. Nice to meet you. Sorry for what happened in the class earlier, I just got thrilled when it comes to recess time", she giggled. "Anyway, my name is Im Nayeon and this is Sana and Momo”, she smiled and introduced me to her friends. There was two girls standing beside her. A girl who have a face that looks like a hamster is waving her hand towards me while the other one just crossing her hand and seems like doesn't interested. "Nice to meet you too, it's fine. I'm okay with it", I replied. As she want to continue talking with me, suddenly Jeongyeon interupted her. “Are you done?”, she said but not looking at Nayeon. 

 

"What? Am I not allowed to speak with her?", she stared Jeongyeon.

 

"We were eating right? Please give us some space", said Jeongyeon in a cold tone. 

 

"You mean YOU need some space?", she said, not moving from her position. 

 

"Just go, Nayeon", Jeongyeon put down her spoon. Nayeon still insisted to stand over there even though her friends are trying to pull her. "Fine, I'll go", Jeongyeon stand up from her seat and walked away from the table. She bumped with Jihyo at the cafeteria’s entrance but just ignored her. Jihyo who just arrived looked at us with a questioning face.

 

“What just happened? Why she's ignoring me? Girls, why are you here?", she asked Nayeon and her friends. 

 

"Nothing, we just want to greet our new classmate. Let's go guys. See ya later Chaeyoung-ah", she forced a smile before leaving us. 

 

"Woah, that's a new side of Jeongyeon I've never seen in my life", Kyulkyung said. "Meh, we all seen it almost every week but it seems like her actions getting worst lately", Tzuyu replied. I look at my watch, 15 minutes more left before our next class start. “Guys, I want to go to the toilet”, I said to them and stand up. “You want me to accompany you?”, Dahyun looked at me. “Nah it’s fine, I know where is it. Jeongyeon already told me”, I smiled at Dahyun. As I passed by Nayeon and her friends, I realise that Mina is still not joining them. I want to ask Jihyo but later I decide to not make it more obvious for asking about her. Maybe she’s at the library. Who knows? Now, go straight and turn left.

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

After 5 minutes roaming around the school, finally I arrived at the destination. I thought I won’t got lost but seems like luck was not on my behalf. As I want to get in, suddenly I bumped with a student. I quickly said sorry to her and later got shocked with what I just see. She quickly wiped her tears and ran away from me. I stared at her back as she slowly vanished from my eyes..

 

Why Mina is crying?

 

 

 

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------