I Know It's You

Can't Take My Eyes Off You

Mina POV

Today breeze is kinda colder than yesterday. I’m so lazy to get out from my room. It felt really comfy in here. I open the Mozart’s playlist in the youtube and let that sound filling my bedroom. Gently, my body start followed the rhythm of the sound and I lost in my own world. 

 

After dancing for a while, I walked towards the window to see the weather outside when suddenly my eyes caught a familiar figure in the street. But that person had a short hair on her and doesn’t seems like someone that I know before this. It can't be her, right?. I watched her from the far, silently but later got caught by her. Hid! I quickly grabbed the curtain beside me and wrapped my body with it to avoid from being exposed. Is it safe now? I peaked slowly to see if she still watching me or not. Great, now she already gone! I screaming out my frustation. I didn't get to see her face. I hope she's in the same school with me, fingercross! 

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

“I’m going to school mom, bye!”, I said while wearing my school’s shoe. The distance between my house and the school only takes 10 minutes by walk. And also, today the weather seems nice so I decide to walk instead of taking the bus.

 

Suddenly my phone vibrate in my skirt’s pocket. It must be one of the girls.

 

Wait for me at the bus stop in front of our school’ - Nayeon

‘Me too - Momo

‘I’m not taking the bus today. See you at our usual place’ - Mina

 

I slide my smartphone into my skirt’s pocket and continued walked to the school while enjoying the song from my earphone.

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

“Goood morninggg Mina-yahhh~”, Sana hugged me after she saw I’m entering the school’s gate. I just smiled and walked towards our usual spot to wait for the others, which is under a tree that we called ‘THE TREE OF MEMORIES’. There’s too many memories happened in front of the tree. Starting with the moment where the four of us got to know each other, to the moment where we crying together over a stupid fight. Man, it still early in the morning to feel emotional. Please control yourself, Mina.

 

Suddenly my eyes catch a familiar body, standing not far from our spot. That’s the girl that I’ve seen three days ago. So it's true that she studied in here, but how old is she? 

 

“Hey, do you hear me?”, Sana shaked my body while stared me. I just looked at her in confusion. When did she talk with me?  “Sorry, what did you just say?”.

 

“Nevermind, you seems like you’re into something. I’m curious?”, she raised her eyebrow.

 

“It’s nothing”

 

“Don’t lie to me, I already know you for years. I can smell if you tried to hide something from me”, she trying to kiss me. What the hell?

 

“Nah, I just mistakenly recognize someone”, I said while crossing my hand. “Morning”, said Momo suddenly behind Sana.

 

We both scream with her sudden appearance. Momo just smirked idiotly while Nayeon clinging hand with her.

 

“Someone? Who is that person?”, Sana asked after calming herself from that sudden attack. “A girl, same age like us. She used to be Mina’s friend when they were kids, but only for a short time. Then she-”, Nayeon tried to finished her words but then get cut with Jungyeon’s voice.

 

“Yahh Kyulkyung-ah, get your hands off her!”, Said Jungyeon from the far.

 

We just watched she walked towards Kyulkyung and that short hair girl, who is having the same hairstyle like her, while followed by Dahyun and Tzuyu. Dahyun realised that we were watching them but she just ignored us and continue talked with Tzuyu. 

 

“I wonder why she doesn’t walk with Jihyo”, I heard Momo mumbled beside me.

 

“Is that a new kid? Seems like she close with Jungyeon”, Sana said while looked at Nayeon.

 

“That’s her cousin”

 

We looked at Nayeon in disbelief. Did she hang out with Jungyeon again?

 

“You met Jungyeon? When?”

 

“Few days ago. We just talked about stuff. Nothing serious happened” Nayeon sniffed.

 

“Just talk about stuff? Seriously? I can't believe it”, Momo said while crossing her hand.

 

Nayeon just remain silent. "It's okay, please don't be sad", Sana hugged Nayeon from behind and comfort her.

 

“Come on, let’s go to the class”, I’m dragging Momo with me. Nayeon and Sana then followed us from behind.

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

“You think that new kid is in the same class with us?”, Sana said while we walked through the hallway.

 

“I don’t know, maybe”, Nayeon said.

 

16-A. Finally we arrived at our classroom. The student are still noisy which means the teacher is not arrive yet. We walked into the classroom elegantly, like we always do daily but then I got shocked with what I just see. There’s someone sat behind me. That new girl. She is Dahyun’s seatmate. Finally I can see her face, but why she’s looking at me right now? Wait, I recognize that eyes. I know that stare. It same like I’ve seen 9 years ago. That puppy eyes. Don’t tell me that is her. It can’t be. Jungyeon’s cousin? Wait a minute. This doesn’t make any sense. I stayed frozed at the front class.

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

“Mina-yah, are you okay? Are you not well?”, Jihyo said while feeling my headpalm. I just shrugged my head and smile weakly. I’ve been quiet for the entire class and still shocked with what just happened. She’s behind me, Oh my god! And she didn’t even recognized me? I battling with my mind again. I reached my phone under the desk. I need an explanation. And there is a person that can told me everything.

 

‘I have something to ask’ - Mina

‘What is it?’ - Jungyeon

‘Not here’ - Mina

‘Then where is it’ - Jungyeon

‘Toilet’ - Mina

‘Okay, during recess. Make sure Nayeon doesn’t see you’ - Jungyeon

‘I thought you doesn’t care about her’ - Mina

‘Who said?’ - Jungyeon

‘We all can see from the way you speak with her’ - Mina

‘That doesn’t mean anything’ - Jungyeon

‘If someone treat a person badly, doesn’t it mean she hate that person?’ - Mina

‘But not me’ - Jungyeon

 

I slammed my phone on the desk and looked at Jungyeon. I make a ‘what the hell’ face and facing my body to the teacher. She’s literally playing with Nayeon’s heart and now what, she denied it? What's wrong with her?

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

It’s recess time. Finally. I can’t wait to asked Jungyeon about that new girl, and of course I want to swear at her for fooling my friend’s heart. How could she!

 

“Whatever. Chaeyoung-ah, let’s go to the cafeteria. I’ll show you where our favourite seat”, I heard Tzuyu’s voice near me, and then I saw Chaeyoung follow her from behind. Yeah, her name is Chaeyoung. I'm hundred percent sure she was the person that I’ve been looking all this time. But I still need a confirmation from Jungyeon. I don’t want to jump easily on conclusion. That’s not me. I just stared at Chaeyoung, until our eyes meet again. She looked so shocked when she realised that I’m staring her, and I also got shocked because I didn't expected her to return my gaze. We both frozed. I quickly turned my body to facing Jihyo and acted like there's nothing happened. From the corner of my eyes, I can see she walked away from the class with Dahyun. That was close! But she really didn’t remember anything about me huh?

 

My phone vibrate, informing me that there’s a new message for me. I saw the sender name and quickly stand up from my seat. "I- got to go", I'm stuttered. 

 

“You’re not coming with us?”, Sana asked from her desk. "Yeah, where do yo wanna go?", said Momo beside me. “I want to go to the toilet, urgent. I'll meet you later at the cafeteria”, I said in a rushed. “Jihyo-ah, are you joining us today? Or you-”, I heard Momo asking Jihyo to eat with them before I get out from the class. This is the moment of truth. I hope Jungyeon can explain all of this before I'm doing something stupid. I need an answer about why Chaeyoung doesn't remember me. I may not recognized her face as we both already grow up, but her eyes, I still remember those eyes. The eyes that makes me feel something in my heart. The eyes that I always looked whenever I feel sad. The eyes that I missed. I missed you, little cub. 

 

"Woah, she really that desperate huh? How long did she hold it?", Momo blurted out. "Momo-ah, it's kinda disgusting to think about peeing especially when it involves other people", Nayeon gave some judging face. 

 

"What? I'm just saying", she rolled her tongue. "Let's go, I'm so hungry. See you later Jihyo-ah", she waved to Jihyo.

 

"Oh come on, you just want to eat. Please don't make it too dramatic, she'll be here after the recess though", Nayeon still being bitter with Momo. 

 

"Yah Im Nayeon, what is wrong with you? I didn't do anything-", said Momo while chasing Nayeon from behind.

 

"I wonder if she will send me another letter today, it's been a week since I received the last one", Sana whispered slowly, just enough to be heard by herself.

 

 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------