Chapter 7 : I love you

Time
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 7 : I love you 

=====================================================================================

 

 

*Kling *kling..

 

 

"Welcome- oh, Taehyuk?" Her face surprised when I approached her at the counter.

 

 

"Hi..." I let out a small smile

 

 

"Are you alone?" She asked curiously

 

 

"Yeah, I just come to meet you, Mrs.Kim" I scratched my not itchy head. "Ummm are you busy? Can I have a talk with you?" I asked when I noticed the restaurant was full with customers. It was time for lunch hour and usually mom's restaurant was always full at this hour.

 

 

"A bit for now but hey, how about you take a seat first and I'll come to you later, okay?" She smiled softly.

 

 

"Yeah, it wouldn't be a problem. I can wait" I returned the smile

 

 

....

 

 

"One jajangmyun for you" mom placed a bowl of jajangmyun on the table, making me salivary just looking at it. The customers are not many left so mom could relax a bit. She took a seat in front of me.

 

 

"Thank you for the food" I bowed a bit

 

"You're welcome. I'm a bit suprise to see you here, Taehyuk" Mom smile before took a seat opposite of me "So what's the thing you wanna talk about?"

 

 

"I'm sorry about what I have said to you that day...I should not have said that and I didn't mean to hurt you" I averted her eyes on me but then I heard her laugh.

 

 

"It's okay, Taehyuk. I don't take it to heart." She said softly "Well, maybe some of your words are true too. My daughter just left me too early" she let out of small smiles.

 

 

"..."

 

 

"Taeyeon... that girl was just too kind. She always helping people in need even though they are stranger to her, she just too kind"

 

 

"..."

 

 

"And the accident happened was not her luck that time when she tried to save the little girl."

 

 

I looked down on the table, no words coming out from my mouth as I gripped the chopsticks tightly.

 

 

"She still young when she died but I know she did the right things by saving the little girl and my daughter must be in heaven now"

 

 

Mom sighed

 

 

"But I felt bad for Tiffany... Because that girl had a hard time after my daughter left" mom smiled weakly. "My daughter really loved Tiffany so much...and they were really a good couple. I never saw my daughter happy so much when she with Tiffany and I'm glad my daughter chose the right person for her..."

 

"After Taeyeon left, Tiffany always came here to see me. She puts a sweet smile every time I see her but I know, deep inside her heart, it still hurts for her."

 

 

You are stupid, Kim Taeyeon... You're just stupid-

 

 

"Taehyuk?" I got snapped from my thoughts as I looked up. I noticed mom's expression was changed to concern.

 

 

"You are crying..." I feel my cheeks with my hand and it wets. "Are you okay?" She asked worriedly.

 

 

"Y-yeah, I-I am. Don't worry" I smiled while wiping my tears.

 

.

.

.

 

"Goodbye sajangnim"

 

 

"Oh, take care Seohyun-ah” Seohyun waved goodbye to mom and me as we stood outside the restaurant. It was evening already when mom closed the restaurant a bit early today. I waited for her to lock the door.

 

 

"Let's go Taehyuk" I walked beside mom. I told her that I wanted to walk her home. Our home was just near the restaurant. We talked randomly on our way and I really miss this moment when I always walked home with mom during my high school. We will talk about our day and sometimes mom will buy me an ice cream.

 

 

I got sad when finally we reached our home's gate. It means farewell for me and mom.

 

 

"So we are here" I said.

 

 

"Thank you for today, Taehyuk"

 

 

"It's nice to have a talk with you too" I smiled widely making her giggled while patting my arms softly.

 

 

"Mrs. Kim" I looked at her face

 

 

"Yes?"

 

 

"C-can I hug you? I-I mean, today is my last day here... So I wanna say goodbye..." I said nervously.

 

 

"Are you going somewhere?" She asked

 

 

I nodded slowly 

 

 

"Aigoo, come here you good boy" mom pulled me into a hug and patted my back softly. I raised my shaking hands slowly, and return the hugged, resting my chin on her shoulder

 

 

"I felt like I have known you for a very long time, Taehyuk. And now we had to say goodbye. Time is too short for us." mom said and I could feel her smile.

 

 

"C-can I asked you a question?..." I said, my voice almost whispered

 

 

"Of course, dear"

 

 

"W-what if one day... T-taeyeon comes to you but as another person... A-and- that time she says she loves you so much... That she's sorry for everything"

 

 

Mom smiled. Her soft hand patted my back again gently before she spoke.

 

 

"You've worked hard and mom is proud of you, Taetae. You need to know, mom is fine... And I love you too, my daughter" mom said softly while patting my back.

 

 

"If the miracle is really happen, I do want to say to my daughter, as if she heard this from up there that mom really misses you, Taetae..."

 

 

I tighten my arms around her, trying to not cry again.

 

 

 

Thank you Mom...

 

.

.

 

 

"It's beautiful..." I looked up, watching the stars in the dark sky, as I sat near the fountain at the park. There's no one at the park except me alone. I turned away and saw the clock tower. 11:30 PM.

 

 

30 minutes left

 

 

Flashback

 

 

"I'm sorry, Tiffany not coming today" Jessica said as we stood in front of the cafe as I came here for the last time.

 

 

"Is that so..." I said disappointedly.

 

 

"I... kinda heard about yesterday" Jessica spoke, looking at me seriously.

 

 

"…

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter