Chapter 4 : Mother

Time
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 4 : Mother

==============================================================================================

 

Here I stood in front of a small Chinese restaurant. It is my mom’s restaurant. After my dad passed away, she had been taking care of me since I was little with this small restaurant as our main source of income. I promised to mom that I will take care of her when I grew up, I will find money for her and mom does not need to work hard anymore but she refused, saying this restaurant bringing sweet memories for her and she did not want to leave all of that.

 

“Taehyuk?” Tiffany’s voice snapped me back into reality. I see her stood at the half opened door, calling me. “Come in, it’s cold”

 

“E-eoh” I nodded before made my way to her.

 

“Unnie!” Seohyun, our part time worker here greeted Tiffany as soon as I stepped inside the shop. “You come!” She was so happy when see Tiffany.

 

“Hi Seo!” Tiffany greeted her back and I just watching them from behind.

 

“Who…” Seohyun noticed my presence as she asked Tiffany.

 

“Oh I forgot, this is Taehyuk. Taehyuk, this is Seohyun. She is a part time worker here” Tiffany introduced me to her.

 

“Hi” I greeted her with a smile and Seohyun greeted back with slightly bow. This girl never change, she always polite with everyone, that’s why mom really adore her so much like her own daughter.

 

“He is Taeyeon’s friend” Tiffany added

 

“Really? I’m sorry, I didn’t know that” Seohyun said with surprise.

 

“No, no, it’s fine” I shook my head.

 

“Is Mrs. Kim here?” Tiffany asked while her eyes wandering around the restaurant.

 

“Yes, she is in the kitchen. Have a seat first unnie. Let me call her for you” Seohyun said politely. Tiffany nod before Seohyun disappeared into the kitchen. We walked to the table at the corner of restaurant beside the window.

 

This is my favourite table

 

“Have a seat, Taehyuk”

 

We both sat on opposite direction. There were not many customers because it just passed the lunch hour. Not long after that, a middle age woman came out from the kitchen, her eyes were looking for someone.

 

“My daughter!” mom walked up to us and gave us a big smile. I stood up when Tiffany stood up and pulled Tiffany into hug.

 

I wanna hug mom too

 

“Hi Mrs. Kim”

 

“Aigoo, you’ve become more beautiful, Tiffany” Mom broke the hug.

 

“We just met yesterday and I still look the same, Mrs. Kim” Tiffany laughed along with mom. Mom then saw me.

 

“Omo, who is this handsome young man?” Mom curiously asked.

 

“Oh right, he is Taeyeon’s friend” Tiffany told her.

 

“You’re my daughter’s friend?” Mom also surprised. “I never knew she had a guy friend except Heechul”

 

“Err I-“

 

“He’s a friend from my college. Maybe Taeyeon forgot to tell us since he just stayed here for a month only” Tiffany explained.

 

“Really? Aigoo that dork” Mom sighed. “What’s your name, young man?”

 

“I am Kim Taehyuk”

 

“Omo, your name is almost similar to my daughter’s”

 

Mom, it’s me, your daughter Taeyeon!

 

“She had said the same too before” I let out a small smile.

 

“Oh by the way, have you two yet? Let me cook something for you two. Then we can have a talk together”

 

“It’s fine, I’m still full. I just come to see you” Tiffany refused.

 

I was about to refuse too but suddenly

 

*kruuuk~~~*

 

My face and ears turned red like a tomato as my stomach grumble like crazy. This was so embarrassing, I forgot I didn’t eat anything since yesterday and the smell of noodles in this place was not helping at all.

 

“Aigoo, someone is hungry” Mom chuckled making me rub behind my neck in embarrassment.

 

“What would you like to eat, Taehyuk?” Mom asked nic

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter