Chapter 5 : Christmas

Time
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 5 : Christmas

==========================================================================

 

Tiffany’s POV

 

"Come in" I opened my door's apartment after pressed the password and letting Taehyuk in to my apartment.

 

Am I doing the right thing letting him staying for one night in my apartment? I know he is Taeyeon's friend but he still a guy! I never bring any guy into my apartment. I hesitated at first but seeing his condition just now, I don't think he is a bad person. He cried a lot today after his sudden outburst at Taeyeon's mom restaurant.

 

"Thank you for letting me stay" he spoke slowly, his voice was still crack a bit and his eyes still red from crying.

 

"It won't be a problem." I took off my shoes and walked into the living room.

 

"Err let see, I don't have a guest room. Do you mind to sleep on the couch?" I said, feeling a bit bad.

 

I live alone so I don't think I would need a guest room so I turned my second room into the reading room and another room is Taeyeon's, I placed all her things inside the room so I cannot let him sleep in the room.

 

"Anything is fine, Tiffany" he smiled a bit

 

"Great! Uhm bathroom is there, I have put the new toothbrush inside the cabinet. And also your clothes... Oh, let me see if I still keep my brother's clothes. I hope it will fit" I said before disappeared into my room.

 

"Taehyuk-" I went out of my room after found my brother clothes and saw he was staring at the photos frame of me and Tae hanging on the wall.

 

My heart suddenly has this weird feeling when I saw his eyes looked so lost, staring at the photos. He looked down, mumbling something that I couldn't hear.

 

"Taehyuk" I called him again and he turned.

 

"Hey, what are you looking at?" I asked then walked up to him.

 

"You two... look so happy" Taehyuk said when I stood beside him, looking at the photo frame.

 

"Yes, we were at the time. This photo was taken at the Han river, after our first date." I smiled a bit. We both fell into silence as no one talking

 

"Do you... ever regret knowing Taeyeon?" He broke the silence.

 

"What are you saying, Taeyeon is the best person in this world ever I met." I could feel his eyes on me "There are no regrets knowing her, you know. She is a good lover for me, always being a caring person"

 

"..." He nodded without saying anything

 

"Maybe it wasn't our fate. She has to go first, leaving everyone. But... Our good memories are always here in my heart"

 

"..."

 

"..."

 

"I'm sorry, Tiffany about what I had said just now"

 

"No no it's okay, I understand even though I was confused at first why you reacted like that.”

 

I was thinking for a while before asking him “C-can I know, what's your real relationship with Taeyeon?"

 

"If you're thinking Taeyeon cheated behind you then you're wrong" Taehyuk looked at me. "She just a friend I cherished so much," he smiled. "Do you know how many times she always bragging about you back then?" He smiled

 

"You're smart, you're beautiful and even when she was tired, you have always been there to smile and cheer for her. She said all her tiredness gone after seeing you smile and how she loved your eyes smile so much that she wants to see it every day until she died" I listened to him and smile.

 

That's what Taeyeon always told me

 

"She also likes that to me. She was not only a nice girlfriend but she a good best friend. She always is a good listener to me, lending me her shoulder when I cried" I paused, remember our good and hard time back then. "Every time I came back from work, she was always here to welcome me with her smile and her warm hug and now..." I turned my head away, looking at my empty living room.

 

"I missed her welcoming me from work, having dinner together in front of the television, fought over the remote so I can watch my favourite Netflix movie and she could watch her favourite TV show" I smiled sadly. "Who knows Taeyeon would left that faster"

 

"Sorry Tiffany, for bringing this back. I should no-"

 

"No no, Everything were in past now. Let's not talk about a sad thing anymore" I looked at him, received a nod from him. "Oh, I forgot. Your clothes" I handed him my brother's clothes. "You can take a shower now. I'll bring out the blanket and pillow for you"

 

"Thanks"

 

"No problems, make yourself comfortable"

 

...

 

After having a tiring day today, I stepped out from the bathroom feeling fresh after taking a shower. I dried my hair while making a way out from the room, wondering what Taehyuk doing at the living room but what I saw was he already sleeping comfortably on the couch. He was also after taking a shower, probably too tired. I walked up to him then crouched in front of him so our eyes on the same level, studying his sleeping face. He was sleeping like a baby, making I smiled unconsciously. When I stared him a bit long, I noticed his face almost similar with...

 

Taeyeon

 

And remembering about today, when I hugged him to comfort him, I don't know why I hugged him, he is stranger that just happened to be Taeyeon’s friend and why... he make felt so close with Tae? Is it just my feelings? Or because everything we talked is about Tae?

 

Ignoring myself, I pulled the blanket over his body, he gonna be cold without it. He then suddenly frowned, making me frowned too.

 

Is he having a bad dream?

 

I was about to stand up when I heard he mumbled in sleeping

 

"I'm sorry..."

 

Just, who are you Kim Taehyuk?....

 

....

 

 

The next morning

 

Taeyeon's POV

 

"Hm?" My sleep was disturbed by a good smell coming from the kitchen. I slowly opened my eyes, adjusting with the morning sunlight coming through the window. I rose up, scratching my head. It was morning already. I looked at my wrist, the number was changed to 2. I sighed.

 

2 days left...

 

I stood up and stretching my body before folding the blanket. It feels so good after having a long sleep. My night on the cell was not end that nice .it hurts like hell to sleep on the flat, hard yet cold floor inside the cell. The sound from the kitchen made me curious what is she doing, I made my way toward there and saw Tiffany with her pink apron, chopping cucumber on cutting board.

 

"Good morning" I greeted her with my crack voice, making her startled.

 

"Geez, you startled me" she turned her head and I grinned.

 

"Good morning to you too, Taehyuk"

 

"What are you doing?" I asked

 

"Cook for breakfast" she answered simply. "Have a seat, Tae-hyuk. Breakfast will be served soon" she said, continue her job.

...

 

"You made all of these?..." I said, surprised with foods. It was a Korean breakfast.

 

"Yup" she placed a bowl of rice on the table and took off her apron and took a seat in front of me.

 

"Y-you can cook?..." I asked in disbelief.

 

"Of course, why?"

 

Why? You ask me why??? Tiffany.Hwang cannot.cook!  Even though she is the owner of a cafe but Tiffany cannot cook. She is just good at making ice cream only. Everything she cooks always burnt even a toast of bread! But this one i-is perfect!

 

"Not sure it will taste good, but I'm a bit confident" she grinned. "Have some" she said before grabbing her chopsticks.

 

I looked at her before taste the soup. My eyes widened. Delicious! I take a sip again

 

"How?" She asked curiously

 

"This is good!"

 

"Told ya, I'm confident with my cook" I nodded, agreed with her before having a spoon of rice.

 

"Usually Taeyeon was the one cooked breakfast," she said, making me stop munching. She continues "I can't cook before, everything I cook will turn out to be a disaster" she chuckled

 

True... You almost burned down our kitchen

 

I laughed in my mind, remembering it.

 

"So I tried to learn to cook with her mother"

 

"You learned really well, Tiffany"

 

She changed a lot...

 

"Thank you, practice makes perfect" she smiled proudly. I stared at her and she noticed. "Your food going to get cold"

 

"O-oh yeah, t-thanks for the food. It's delicious"

 

"You’re welcome"

 

We both were eating our food in silence before Tiffany talk "Right, what is your plan today?” Tiffany asked.

 

"Plan?"

 

"Yeah, well, you don't have anything to do today?"

 

I shook my head "no, I don't have one"

 

"Hmm, I need to visit my second cafe in another town. Do you wanna come along?"

 

"Can I?"

 

"Of course, since you don't have any plans. I can show you around after that. Do you want?"

 

I smiled slowly. This means I can spend more time with Tiffany.

 

"Yes, of course"

….

 

"You're here, boss!" Bora, the manager here greeted us as we stepped into the cafe and exchange the hug with Tiffany. I know Bora, she is one of our friends but I didn't know that Bora is the manager here.

 

"Hey, I told you don't call me boss, Bora" Tiffany let out of chuckled after the broke the hug.

 

"Okay, okay, I understand, but still I want to call you Ms Hwang since we are the workplace right now"

 

"Alright, alright" Tiffany rolled her eyes. "Oh right, I bring someone with me today, hope you don't mind"

 

"What? Of course, I don't. It's your cafe, Ms. Hwang"

 

Tiffany smiled before introduced me to Bora.

 

"How about the preparation for Christmas, Bora?" Tiffany asked

 

It's still early and the cafe was not opened yet. Only we and the workers were inside the shop.

 

"Good, as we talked before. I've prepared everything you asked"

 

"Can I see the menu for Christmas?"

 

"Yeah, come one. I'll show you"

 

Tiffany turned her attention to me. "Do you wanna come along?"

 

"Nah, it's fine. I don't want to disturb your work. I'll wait for you here" i answered. Tiffany nodded before she and Bora disappear behind the counter.

 

I turned around and scanning around the cafe. It was so cozy in here and I really like it. Tiffany did a good job for the interior.

 

"Just one more step, Jiyeon ah. You can reach it” I shifted my attention to the two workers at the corner of the cafe. They were decoratin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter