7th Hit

HIT IT
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1]UNEXPECTED PLANS[/CONTENTID1]

[CONTENTID2] 7TH HIT [/CONTENTID2]

 

[CONTENTID3]

 

TN: This was the day where Yujin is suppose to help Minjoo after encountering Sakura

 

Lunch time came by and Yujin had already excused herself because she had a personal agenda with Minjoo. Hyunjin wanted to come with her, but was only stopped by Yujin because she doesn’t want to scare the hell out of Minjoo.

While walking down the crowded hallway, Yujin could feel the stares coming at her. Yujin wanted to hiss at her schoolmates who keep glaring at her because she knows that that will not solve anything. Are they still hung up with that stupid scandal that Yujin made last time?

Nevertheless, she just ignored everything and just went straight for the cafeteria.

When she stepped inside, she saw Minjoo sitting at the spot where we were seated last time – which happens to be the worst meeting ever.

Minjoo caught a glimpse of her and waved joyfully at her. Yujin can’t help but giggle at the sight of her getting excited.

 

“You’re early.” Yujin commented.

“And you’re late.” Minjoo said, earning a scowl look from Yujin.

 

Yujin took the empty seat in front of Minjoo. The pink-haired girl noticed that the girl was wincing silently when pulling out her worksheets out of her bag. When she caught a glimpse of it, Minjoo noticed that another wound pop out of her palm.

 

“Are you alright?” Minjoo worriedly asks her, still staring at the dried wound. Yujin saw where she was looking at and she knew what she was talking about.

“This? It’s fine. I’m not gonna die from this.” Yujin assures the girl. “Anyways, let’s just get on with this!”

And now they started working on it. It was fun at first, having to teach Yujin with her Math problems was fun. But as it drags longer, it kind of starts to irk Minjoo. The tall girl kept on using the wrong formula and ended up with the wrong answer.

 And she won’t be surprise if this will cause them to meet a few more times.

 

“Is this right?” Yujin asks.

Minjoo checks it for the nth time and was surprise to see that she answered it correctly. “FINALLY.”

“Yah! What does that suppose to mean?” YUjin whines.

“It’s nothing. I’m just glad you answered it perfectly this time.” Said Minjoo as she lets out a chuckle.

 

They didn’t notice the time and the bell starts ringing already, signifying that it was time to go back to their own rooms. Before Minjoo could get any further away from Yujin, she calls out to her one last time.

 

“Minjoo!” Yujin shouted. “Let’s meet outside the gate later!”

“Oh? Why? Do you need help again?”

“No it’s not that.” The tall girl said. “I will be the one doing the help this time!”

 

And off Yujin go, sprinting away from Minjoo as she heads back to her classroom, leaving Minjoo a bit baffled in her place. As she turns around to the other side, she also starts walking back to where her classroom is while a big smile was planted in her face.

 

Upon entering the classroom, the first one that caught her eyes was a girl walking straight towards her. “So, how was your date?”

“W-what are you talking about?” Minjoo stutters.

 

Minjoo was sitting right besides her bestfriend, Heejin, getting interrogated after the bunny got left out. She wanted to tag along with Minjoo but didn’t let her do it. She had to shake the girl off before she could proceed to the cafeteria.

 

“WhAT aRE yoU TalKinG aBoUt?” Heejin mimicked her with an annoying tone, earning herself a scornful glare from Minjoo. “Come on! Just spill the tea on me!”

“We didn’t even do anything intimate! Aside from me teaching her basic Math!” Minjoo exclaimed.

“Why are you raising your voice on me? Are you that disappointed??”

“Ye-!” Minjoo didn’t mean to slip her tongue. “I mean no!”

“I get it Minjoo-ah,” Heejin said as she snakes her arms around Minjoo’s head. “You just can’t contain your gay meter so you let out a slip of tongue.”

 

And that was the final blow to make Minjoo burst from her seat. Her patience with the girl has finally reached its peak and right now she was running after Heejin at the big hallway just outside their room.

 

“You are so dead to me, JEON HEEJIN!”

 

 

~*~

 

Class ended earlier than usual and that goes the same for everyone. Minjoo didn’t wait for Heejin because she knows what will happen if she decides to wait for her to clean up her space.

Minjoo didn’t do the normal walk. It was sort of running while walking. How do you call that kind of walking again? I forgot.

When Minjoo was outside the building, she was greeted by the burning sensation coming from the sun. Lots of students coming out had their own type of way on how to shield themselves from the heat. One couple in her line of sight was all mushy to each other, sharing a single umbrella; another was a girl who keeps eyeing the couple as if they were some bug that needs to be stepped on.

Feisty.

Ignoring that, she hurriedly darts her eyes at the entrance where they were suppose to meet. Yujin wasn’t there yet. Minjoo was glad that she wasn’t there yet, so she went to the restroom first and changed clothes. She noticed that her back was sweating already.

After changing her upper clothes with dry black shirt, she went outside and head straight for their meeting place.

But when she stepped outside the building once more, instead of one figure standing at the gates, she saw two.

One was Yujin, and the other one? Minjoo doesn’t have a single clue on who she is.

A little later, the girl with Yujin waves at her goodbye, leaving her alone right there. And that was Minjoo’s cue to come to her, skipping steps like I was possessed by some kid.

Unbeknownst to Minjoo, Yujin caught her silly walking on the spot. She thinks it was cute seeing the girl acting like a kid for once. The girl pulled out her phone secretly and took a photo of Minjoo and quickly hid it back to her pocket before the girl can see it.

 

“You’re rather early.” Minjoo pointed out.

“And you’re oddly late.” Yujin retorts, earning a laugh from Minjoo.

 

After meeting up, both girls started walking away from the school. It took seconds for Minjoo to realize that she doesn’t know where they are going. So she asks Yujin.

 

“Where are we going by the way?” Minjoo curiously asks the girl.

“Ahh! I almost forgot.” She briefly stops from her tracks and pulls something out from her bag. “Here, take this.” She hands Minjoo a baseball glove.

Minjoo looks confused. “What is this for?”

Yujin grins, which kind of crept the pink-haired girl out. “We’re playing catch at the park. But,” She pulls another thing from her bag. Is she doraemon or something? “We’ll be using this instead of the real one.”

Minjoo flinched slightly, enough to not be noticed by the tall-girl. “A t-tennis ball?”

“Yeah! The real one is too heavy. Wanna hold the real one?” Minjoo felt uncomfortable all of a sudden. “That is if you’re okay with it, of course.” Yujin reaches out her hand to the open, a hard ball placed in her palm.

 

Minjoo shakes her head and decided to do it. She takes a deep breath, preparing herself for the drawback if ever it occurs to her, she slowly grabs the ball, kept her eyes closed while reaching out to Yujin’s hand.

The moment she touched the ball, she slowly grabs it in her hand, clasping it as if it was her own. It was hard. It wasn’t the same with the tennis ball that Minjoo is used to. It was heavy.

 She slowly opens her eyes and stares at the ball.

Oddly, she was okay with it. Minjoo even tried crumpling it like a paper, but it was just hard as a rock.

“Okay, now try holding this one.” Yujin retrieves the ball back from Minjoo’s hand and places the other ball – the tennis ball. “Although, seeing that you’re a former player, you are already used to it.”

“Well… I wouldn’t say that I’m fully used to it despite being a player…” Minjoo whispers in silence.

 

Minjoo kept staring at the ball, crumpling it like what she did with the other one. She kept staring at it like she was being consumed by it. She didn’t know why she was staring at it but it felt like she’s seeing something in it.

 

‘Minjoo…’

 

Something whispered in her ears. That very voice that she wants to forget but couldn’t do so. It kept calling to her name like a broken record.

She shouldn’t have held on the ball for too long..

Her eyes were shaking, hands trembling in fear. The images kept flashing in her mind, slowly flooding her brain with the memories that she wanted to bury for a very long time. Her heart was pounding so hard like it wants to be out of its cage. It was making it hard for Minjoo to breath.

Yujin didn’t notice it because she was walking ahead of Minjoo, but when she turned around to see that the latter wasn’t moving anymore.

 

 “Minjoo-ah?” Yujin calls out to her. “Are you coming?” But the girl wasn’t responding at all. She noticed that Minjoo was shaking, her face still facing the ball in her palm that was quivering violently.

 

Then it hit Yujin. Something was happening to her. Eventhough her response was already late, she still went running for the girl and pulled the ball away from her hand, hiding it in her pocket. Yujin thought that if she took the ball away from her, it would make it stop.

But she was wrong.

Minjoo was still standing, shaking like a rattle in her place. Her hands slowly hugging herself like she was placed in a cold chamber. Following it were flowing tears coming out of her eyes. Yujin felt useless all of a sudden at the sight of the girl breaking down in front of her.

She drags the girl to the bench near them and sat there for a while.

What the hell are you doing, Yujin? How could you not notice it? Stupid questions kept occupying her head and it wasn’t helping her one bit.

Without thinking twice, she pulls the girl closer to her and engulfs her in a big warm hug. She doesn’t know what she was doing but that was the only thing she could think of. Minjoo was still hitching her breath and she’s having hard time breathing.

Yujin slowly taps her hand at Minjoo’s back, hoping that that would help the girl calm down.

But then, a thought suddenly decides to pay a visit in her very mind.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter