1st Hit

HIT IT
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1]AHN YUJIN[/CONTENTID1]

[CONTENTID2]1ST HIT[/CONTENTID2]

 

[CONTENTID3]

I don’t know what the hell happened to me.

Everything went to fast.

 One thing I was at the box waiting for the pitcher to throw the ball. The next thing i know, I'm already sitting at her body, slugging her face with my fist. I don't know why but seeing her face all banged up made me feel good.

 

"Yujin! Stop it!"

 

My teammates were having a hard timestopping my hands from reaching the girl's face. But the rage inside me was not calming down any further and it seems like the only outlet I could think of is this.

 

"That's enough already!!"

 

Then it hit me, I finally realized why I was in this ty situation right now. I saw it with my own two eyes. She was smiling. Smiling not because she struck me out of the game.

She smiled because she achieved what she wanted by throwing the ball towards my temple. 


After they succeeded in separating me from the enemy's pitcher, I felt someone grabbed my wrist, pulling me harshly towards the dugout. The jeering didn't go unnoticed when I was being pulled away from the field, and I could clearly comprehend that everything that they were shouting was about me being an unprofessional player.

No sportsmanship.

No discipline.

That I should stop playing.

And many more.


It's fine. I'm used to hearing those all the time anyway. What the is new with that?


Right now, the game got halted and will proceed after everything is fixed. And also right now, I could see Coach standing in front of me, both her hands in her waist, giving me a disappointed look. Only the coach and I were inside the room behind the dugout. She didn't let anyone enter the room without her permission.

There was a brief silence before coach broke it first.

 

"Why did you do that?" I didn't respond.

 

"Her face got mauled like she was tortured for days, got a broken jaw, and lost one of her ing tooth." She trailed and breathed in nad out one more time. "Unless you got a ing reason for doing that, better spit it out right now."

"Would that change anything right now?" She got taken aback by my question. "Look, I don't regret what I did back there." I stood up from my seat and faced the door exit. "In fact, I'm glad that she'll be ending up in the hospital anyway." Because even if I tell her the reason, everyone would think the same. That it was just some silly childish petty ty reason of mine just to hurt the .

"I was asking for a reason. Not one of your childish acts!"

"And my reasons are just the same with those you so called childish acts of mine." Once again, she couldn't retort back at me. She groans in defeat.

 

Having nothing left to say, I packed my things. Despite having tournament metal bats, I still bring with me my own personal wooden bat. I don't like the feeling I'm getting when I'm holding other bats besides mine.

Before i opened the door fully, i turned to give my coach one last look. It looks like her anger wouldn't subside anytime now.

 

"I don't expect you to understand everything. And it's not like you understood me anyway."

 

And I left the stadium, not finishing the game because I know that I will get ejected from the game anyways. There's no use staying back there anymore.

Since I have nothing better to do, I went to the batting center and just wasted my time there until the game ends. Good thing I had another cap brought with me. I really don't want to be recognized by anyone right now.

Not that I'm famous in the first place.

As soon as I entered the building, I expected that the building will be bustling with kids and teens, batting to their hearts content, alongside with their friends or whoever they are with.

But it was unexpectedly quiet. Not a single soul was spotted inside the building.

 

"If you're wondering why there's not a single soul in here, they're watching the final game for today." I jumped in surprise hearing someone speaking in the counter. She had her long brown hair tied up in a bun, those round clear glasses hovering her big monolid eyes. Her nose was sharp and she has a small face like her teammate, Chaewon.

 

But Chaewon's face was a lot smaller.

She looks like we're the same age. Or she's younger than me? I don't know.

 

"It's not like I'm asking."

"A simple 'I see' would've been appreciated."

"I see." The girl clicked her tongue and pulled out something from the drawer.

"You wanna bat or something?"

"Why else would I be here? Play catch with the machine firing fastballs towards me?"

"That would be really interesting. Why don't you try it?" She gave me a victorious smile as she felt like she had won the argument. And one thing is for sure is that this girl irks me. And I definitely hate her.

 

I sighed heavily and placed a bill in the desk. "Just let me bat in peace."

 

And I took with me my favorite bat and went inside the empty space with a sign saying "130kph".

I did a few practice swings before pressing the start button.

When i was about to swing my last, I didn't notice it until she started talking.


"You sure you could hit that?"

"Holy cat!" I got startled and almost her face. "Don't go startling people like that!"

"Chill. I just wanna return the change. You paid too much."

 

She placed the change in the bag and went back to her tiny space - the counter. And when it felt like everything was reasy, I hit the start button and starting swinging for the balls. I didn't miss a single ball since the start and some of it went to the marker with a sign saying "HOMERUN!".

It felt good whenever I get a hit from the machine, but it didn't compare to what I was swinging for back at the stadium. Only regrets and regrets were coming back to me. And what's more, I got ejected out of the game just because I got irritated by that .

And everytime I think about it, it just irks me to the max!

I increased the speed of the machine to "150kph" and started swinging again. I let out my frustration into batting inside this batting cage. As I get to hit one, I would let out a loud roar that would echo inside the building.

Since no one was here anyway, why not take the chance to do it?

I see another ball flying towards me at a high speed. But when i saw that ball coming at me, I see it all coming back to me.

The very image of the person who got me ejected, planted in the skin of that hardball flying towards me.

 

"You ing..


!"

 

I shouted one more time as I hear my wooden bat making contact with the hardball.

*Cracks*

As the ball flew away from me, so did my bat.

Pieces of wood went flying around the cage and I was still holding the handle of my wooden bat. Only the upper part of the bat went breaking into pieces as it scattered everywhere inside my cage.

That felt good.

My bat broke but still it felt surprisingly good.

I took the pieces of wood that went flying in the area and stepped outside of the batting cage, only to see a girl bulging her eyes, and slightly open.

 

"You're inviting the flies to enter your mouth."When she heard that, she snapped out of it and closed . Feeling embarrassed, she hid her face with the book she was reading with her. "Sorry for messing the batting cage. Here's the compensation for it."

 

I placed the change earlier that she gave me in the desk and went outside of the building. I didn't wait for her to respond. I don't want to hear it. So i just left the building silently.

I really have this bad habit of scratching my temple. And for the first time of my entire life, I hated myself for doing that.


"Ack..!" Damn that hurt so much. When I took a look of my fingers, I saw some red liquid embedded in my nails. I just scraped the bruise that was forming in my temple. Ouch. "I'm gonna kill that when I see her again."

"Are you sure you wanna do that? Because I don't think that's a good idea."

I didn't need to turn around to see who it was. Her voice was enough for me to know who she was. "What are you doing here, Wonyoung?"

I saw a hand reaching out to me. She handed me a paper bag. I got curious so I opened it. It was medicine. I gave her a confused look. "It's for your wound."


Oh. Of course. What other purpose would there be? Stupid me.

I took out the ointment inside the paper bag and applied some of it in my fresh scraped wound. And that ing hurts. Despite the pain, I still continued applying it.

I wouldn’t want my wound to be infected.

When I finished applying the ointment, Wonyoung was already sitting beside me, silently fiddling with her phone, scrolling it up and down.

It’s funny that the blabbermouth Wonyoung was oddly silent right now. I might have an idea why but I wouldn’t dare go nearing that idea of mine.

And more importantly, why is she still here?

 

“Why are you still here?”

 “I just came on to check on you.” then Wonyoung stood up, slowly walking away from me. “You should go to the hospital, just in case it gets infected. Gotta go. Bye.”

 

Wonyoung’s figure starts to fade away from my line of sight as she walks away, mixing in the bustling crowd of the city. I don’t know why but when she left me here, I felt lonely all of a sudden.

I don’t like it.

So I left and took up my best friend’s suggestion of going to the hospital. It was for the best anyway.

I walk past the crowd, swooping from every little space I could fit in. I hastened my pace in getting away from the crowd. It’s nauseating enough just staying in this big crowd.

It was funny because I hate being lonely in this big place but I also hate being placed in a big city bustling with different people.

It doesn’t matter anymore.

 

Minutes later, I have finally arrived at the hospital. I quickly went in and had my wound checked and asked them to clean the wound. I was expecting a guy with good looks, wavy hair dyed in black, and has a toned fitted body would be the one accommodating me.

But it took a 180 degree turn when a lady in her nurse uniform came walking to me.

Despite her body being wrapped with her uniform, it clearly showed how slim she was. Her voluptuous being squeezed like it was ready to pop out anytime sooner, her blonde skirt lengthening up to three inches above the knee, exposing a bit of her milky white thighs, hair tied up covered in her nurse’s hat, her beautiful smile that makes your heart flutter, Dang.

I felt a lump getting stuck in my throat as I try to swallow my own saliva. She was hella hot and y. She’s an all in one package.

While she was attending to my wound, she was so close that I so wanna look towards her direction but my blushing face keeps on betraying me so I decided not to do it.

After getting patched up, I thanked the nurse and went out of the hospital as soon as possible.

But I think that was a wrong move.

I shouldn’t have gone out as soon as possible.

My attention was caught when suddenly, the electric billboard showed showcased the final game of the Baseball League – where she was suppose to be right now – displaying the final score of the final inning.

Twelfth Academy against First Academy, 2 – 3.

First Academy wins the Tournament.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter