8th Hit

HIT IT
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1]IDK[/CONTENTID1]

[CONTENTID2]8TH HIT[/CONTENTID2]

[CONTENTID3]

 

"Hey Minjoo." 

"Yeah?" 

"Can we talk for a bit?"

 

Minjoo turned around towards her roommate's direction, she sees the girl fixing her make-up from the mirror at the corner of their room. Minjoo wonders what's gotten the girl so serious early in the morning.

Finally after finishing her make-up routine, Heejin gives her full attention to the girl. It was kinda cute at first because "serious-look" Heejin was just so cute to look at, but that wasn't the case right now. Minjoo guided her roommate towards the kitchen area, where they can sit and finally get the talk Heejin wanted. 

 

"So, what's gotten you work up so early?" Heejin was silent for a while before finally letting out those words that she so wanted to let out. 

"W-well," Heejin starts fumbling on her words. "D-Do you have plans on c-coming back?"

"Coming back? To where?"

"Y-you know... Playing tennis?" There was a brief silence between the two of them. Minjoo contemplates by herself with the question. This is the second time she asked this question. Does she even have plans at all? Because honestly, her hopes are slowly getting crushed at the thought that she could come back to the court and play again. Heejin, right in front of her, may have perhaps regretted asking that question. But what could she do? It's already out  in the open and she has no way in retrieving it back.

The girl in question suddenly stood up from her seat surprising the other girl. Heejin felt restless as to what's on Minjoo's mind right now as she walks towards the fridge. Minjoo pulled out a bottle of water and drank from it directly, emptying it till not a single drop left from it. Despite emptying the bottle water, feels dry all of a sudden, a tear wanting to escape from her eyes. "I-I want to.. You know I want to." Minjoo chokes a bit from that. She still has her back against Heejin, not wanting the girl to see her face. "But I really can't.." 

 

Heejin looks down, tears threatening to escape from her eyes. Even her roommate is also losing faith with it. Her grips harden at the food she was holding in her hand.

 

"Atleast not right now.." Heejin's eyes widens as those words escaped from Minjoo's lips. the girl slowly raises her head up only to be greeted by Minjoo's warm looks. Minjoo could see the surprise and confusion from her roommates' face. 

"What do you mean by that..?" 

 

"Just... Give me time.. That's all I really need.."

 

 

 ~*~

 

 

"Oh? You're surprisingly early today despite not being able to participate in morning practice." 

" off, Hyun." 

 

Indeed it was surprising for Yujin to be this early at her classroom. Usually, she would be on her track shorts and running shoes and would jog around school. But this time, as she entered their room, some of their classmates surprised at it. Not only because she was early, but also because of the sour look that was showing on her face. Yujin didn't mind the questionable stares she's getting from her classmates and just walked pass them and silently sat on her chair. 

Yujin already had her head rest on the chair when she felt a presence coming to her. She need not to raise her head as she was already aware who it was. There was only one guy that would come to her and annoy the hell out of her. 

 

"Hey." But girl she was dead wrong. that was not her buddy at all. the voice was not manly, but rather girly. Yujin raised her head to see who it was. Her eyes widens as she finally figures out who it was. It was her partner in English class. 

"Do you need anything?"

"Is your wound fine?" Sakura suddenly asks. 

Yujin raises her hands, showing it to the worried girl . "As you can see, it's already healed." though, the scars can still be seen, all in all its fine. 

"I see." Sakura finally felt assured as she heard the tall girl's response, "I'm glad." and went to her place - which was just right next to her. 

 

Yujin just went back and minded her own business as she had her head rest on the table. She lets out a sigh as she closes her eyes, finally having to sleep after that small encounter with her seatmate. 

As she was about to visit the dream world, it came to a halt as she heard faint footsteps coming closer towards her. 

"I swear, Hyun, if you need something, better fu-"

"I knew you'd be here instead of running down the entire campus." Her eyes shot open, the same goes for her head, as she sees a familiar face that she wasn't ready to face. Her red orange hair tied up in a messy bun revealing her nape, mint sweater that lengths upto her thighs, hiding almost all of her entire uniform. "Yujin."

"H-hey.." Yujin can't believe her eyes. She's here. Chaewon is here, right in front of the her. She still had that deadpan yet calm expression, both hands slipped inside her sweater's pocket.

 

Even her classmates were surprised at her sudden visit. Even Sakura, who was a new student of this academy was also caught off-guard not only by her presence, but also her undeniable beauty. Yes she's popular. She's part of the baseball club, daughter of a famous actress, an honor student that managed to stay at the top of the ranking, and more importantly, she's explicitly beautiful.

Basically, she's a luxury package. 

Terrified was an understatement to what she was feeling right now. Yujin knew to herself that anytime soon, she would had to have this talk with her. she knew that all too well. 

What she didn't saw coming was that "talk" with her would be this early. Now that she remembers, Wonyoung kinda warned her that Chaewon would just go to you if ever she wants to talk. 

Her focus was distracted when she felt a buzz from her pocket. She quickly pulls out her phone to check who sent her a message. 

It was Wonyoung.

 

From: Wonyoungie

I know it's late but goodluck.

 

'Remind me a bit sooner, !!' Yujin curses silently in her mind as she slowly puts her phone back to her pocket. She looks back to the girl, feeling uneasy with how heavy the stare Chaewon was giving to her. 

 

"Knowing how late the message is, I believe that was Wonnie." Chaewon comments.

"I sometimes wonder what's going on with her head.." Yujin lets out a nervous laugh. "Anyway, why are you here?" that was a stupid question, but she hopes that she came here for another thing. 

"I believe that you owe me something that has already been overdue." Yeah right. As if she can forget that incident that easily. 

 

Yujin lets out a heavy sigh. She stands up from her seat as she asks Chaewon to take their talk somewhere private. 

After a long walk, they finally reached the end of their travel as they entered the music club room just at the end of the school's main building. Yujin opens the door for the both of them, Chaewon entering first, followed by the other. As soon as the door closes, Chaewon was already seated at the chair placed near the open window, legs crossed, she faces the morning sky as the cold morning breeze enters the room.

Yujin also took a sit at the piano area, creating a distance between the two. At first, Chaewon was bothered by the distance, but just ignored and let it pass.

It's not like a ghost lives inside the music room, but the silence between the two was getting louder inside.

It's not that Yujin doesn't know how to speak.

Its Its just that she doesn't know where to start at all. 

And they really need to patch things in a hurried manner before their first period starts. Especially Yujin. 

 

"So," Yujin flinches when the other suddenly spoke first. "Are we gonna stay here all day long or are ypu gonna start talking?" 

'​​​​​ it...'

 

 

~*~

 

 

"Who was that?"

"Oh that's right, you're still new so you don't know who that girl was." A sudden voice pops up from her side. She didn't know that her voice was loud enough for her seatmate to hear it. "That girl who just left with Yujin is Kim Chaewon. You could consider her as one of the elites of this academy." 

 

Sakura turned to her side only to be greeted by a pretty girl. Just like the so called Kim Chaewon who just left, she also has this deadpan expression written in her face. Sakura almost blurted out on how good looking the girl was with how her frilly bangs complements her whole face, cherry lips that looks delicious when eaten. No no no, you can't think like that Sakura! That's a bad thing to do! 

 

"And she's hella pretty!" another comment pops out from her front, catching Sakura off guard. "Oops sorry about that!" She reaches her hand out to the transferee. "I'm Wooseok, Kim Wooseok. And that girl sitting right beside you is Kwon Eunbi."

 

Kim Wooseok, another pretty boy who definitely, just from the way he looks, from the way he dress, the way he speak, he's definitely a famous one. Although he's wearing glasses, it makes him even look cuter that way. What more if he is to remove that thing?

 

Sakura snaps back to reality and warmly smiles at the two of them. "Nice to finally know you two.." 

But it became weird when the two became silent all of a sudden. It becomes weirder when the two just kept their eyes staring at Sakura, not even a blink has yet been done. "U-uh, are you two okay?" Sakura finally asked, leading the two back to reality as they finally stopped creeping the girl. 

"S-sorry about that.." Wooseok apologizes, letting out a timid laugh.

 

But the Eunbi had a different approach to her.

 

"Waah.. You're really pretty." 

 

Wooseok chokes on his own saliva as she heard the girl blurted something cheesy. Sakura though, felt embarrassed, so she lowers her head to hide it. Transferee girl expected to see Eunbi to be in the same predicament as her, but she was betrayed by her expectations when all she saw in her seatmates' face was a wide stupid grin. 

The guy just shook his head, as if he was disappointed by her classmates' actions, but at the same time, he was amazed how shameless Eunbi is. 

As soon as everyone calmed down, the bell finally rang, telling them that it was already the start of the first period. The door slides open, enters the first subject teacher of the day. 

 

"Let's start, class."

 

And still Yujin has yet to come back at all. 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter