2nd Hit

HIT IT
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1]KIM MINJOO[/CONTENTID1]

[CONTENTID2] 2ND HIT [/CONTENTID2]

 

[CONTENTID3]

I had the urge to open my eyes.

 

Where am I?

 

I tried moving my body but it felt like I was in a cramped place. It was too dark and I can’t see where the hell I am. I closed my eyes.

 

“Kim Minjoo..”I flinched.

 

I tried opening my eyes and I was surprised to see where I was right now..

I was back at the old house.. Why am I here..? I tried moving but it seems like I was glued in my place..

Suddenly, I’m hearing footsteps followed by chains of shouts and yells.

I saw two pairs of feet, facing one another. But then that one pair of foot suddenly falls to the ground and I could clearly see a woman looking straight back at me. I felt a sudden chill in my spine when I realized what I was looking at…

Her face which I could barely recognize, spilling lots of blood from with a big round thing buried in ..

I still can’t move my body.. But what’s in front of me started moving..

Crawling her way towards me..

My hands were shaking tremendously..

 

“This is all your fault..” she kept blaming me..

“STAY AWAY FROM ME!!” I shouted with all my might but it just felt like it’s going nowhere.

With all my strength, I struggled hard just to create a distance between me and her..

All of it was slowly being out of my body.. It’s no use..

She’s getting closer..

 

“THIS IS YOUR ENTIRE FAULT!!”

 

She lunged towards me as I cover myself with my own two hands, protecting me from the incoming impact.

 

“Yah! Minjoo!! Kim Minjoo!!”

 

I woke up to the violent shaking and the countless shouting coming from my dorm mate. I tried catching up with my breath, which was becoming erratic. My heart felt like it would come out any minute because of the violent poundings that it was doing.

I could feel droplets of water traveling in my forehead. I wasn’t wearing any warm clothes but I was really sweating buckets of it.

It was a dream, Minjoo-ah.. It was just a dream.. Nothing to be afraid of..

 

“Are you alright, Minjoo?”

I turned my head towards my dorm mate who was now sitting at my bed, comforting me with her presence. “H-Heejin.. why are you here..?” My voice was showing hints of cracking.

“I could clearly hear you from the top of our bed!” Heejin said, followed by an explanation. “You were groaning as if you were in pain.. I thought of ignoring it but it just got worse when you started whimpering beneath me..”

I smiled at her. I’m glad that she woke me up from that dreadful dream.. “Thank you, Heejin-ah..”

“Hold on, I’ll get you some water.” Then she rushed off outside our little room.

 

I finally calmed down and had my back against the wall. I wiped the remains of my sweat with the towel Heejin handed over earlier. There was also an extra shirt along with it, so I took off my shirt filled with sweat and changed it with new ones.

By the time I finished changing, the door opened, spitting Heejin who’s carrying a glass of water. She gave me the glass which I willingly took from her and drank it all in one go. It felt inadequate. But I couldn’t say it.

She took the empty glass away from me and placed it under the bed. I could clearly see that she was just about to sleep. She still had her eyeglasses intact with her and the dangling earphones in her neck. My guess is that she pulled another all nighter from watching her favorite anime.

 

“Thank you again, Heejin-ah.” She just smiled at me. “And sorry for disturbing your animarathon.”

She chuckles. “It’s okay. It’s not like it’s important anyway.”

“Really?”

She thinks twice. “Actually, 50/50.” And I laughed at that.

I pinched her cheeks softly, “Go back to your bed, Heejin. It’s already late and we have training tomorrow.”

Heejin shrugged. “Ugh another day with those arrogant sunbaes.” She whines as she took the stairs leading to her area. “Why can’t they just leave us be?”

“I don’t know either. Just let them be.”

 

There was total silence in our room. I thought that maybe she just plugged her earphones again in her phone and continued watching anime till morning. But I was wrong.

 

“Are you still afraid of it, Minjoo?”

It took seconds for me to reply. “I was always afraid…”

 

Heejin is my bestfriend. Aside from my loving mother, she’s one of the few people who motivated me to do what I want in life. We don’t keep secrets from each other because we fully trust one another. In fact, with just one look, we could definitely figure what either the two of us would be up to.

She was the only one who stood by me when I was going through tough times..

Especially in my middle school days..

 

I felt like crying everytime I remember it. But then, I saw a hand slipping in the edge of her bed. It was telling me to hold it. So I did. “Don’t worry, Minjoo. You’ll overcome that someday..”

“Let’s hope that that day will come..”

I heard a yawn from her as she retracted her hand away from me. “Let’s sleep Minjoo~ Goodnight~”

“Min night..”

 

 

 

The next day comes as the rays of the suns peeks from the small window, touching our lovely skins as it felt like it could burn it anytime soon.

I woke up first and prepared my sports attire and my school uniform. I got in the shower first because it seems like Heejin still won’t wake up.

After I got out, I quickly wore my sports attire and head straight for our little kitchen area.

Our dorm was not that big but it wasn’t that small either. It was just enough for us two. And yes. We are allowed to cook in our dorms. And I’m glad that the director pushed this, or else I’d not reach another week with the money I have with me.

I pulled out the pan and cook some basic dishes for us like egg rolls and kimchi pancakes. Minutes later, I hear some rustling movements in our room.

I smiled in success. It seems like Heejin is finally awake.

 

“You really know how to wake me up..”

“I know right?” and I took a plate and placed some food in it. “Let’s eat already. I’m hungry~”

“Hai~”

 

We still have an hour to go before training officially starts. That was enough time for Heejin to prepare. But the thing is, she really takes long when she finally gets in the shower room. So I offered to prepare her things and pulled out her sports attire.

Hers was different than mine. I have all white attire while Heejin had an all black with white stripes in it.

And for the record, this is not the official attire for our club. The club decided that we will only be wearing those official attires whenever we are attending official or practice games.

Since we share one bag for our rackets, I placed Heejin’s favorite black racket in my racket bag along with mine.

 

It was already half an hour and finally! Heejin has finally got out of the shower room!

I quickly pulled her in our room and did the honors of drying her hair. Good thing her hair wasn’t that long so it didn’t took too long to dry it.

I told her that I’ll be waiting outside our dorm and she hummed in response.

 

As I was going down, I suddenly got the urge to go back at our room and crawl inside my tiny bed and just sleep all the way.

Ahh.. I’m very familiar with this feeling.

I don’t want to join the morning practice.

I don’t want to see the sunbaes who will just keep on pestering me instead of doing the drills. But it seems like I don’t have much of a choice anyway.

Minutes later and she hears footsteps behind. She didn’t need to turn around to see who it was. Just that cheerful footsteps of hers was already enough to figure out who it was.

 

“Let’s go?”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter