3rd Hit

HIT IT
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1] QUIT [/CONTENTID1]

[CONTENTID2] 3RD HIT [/CONTENTID2]

[CONTENTID3]

 

 

I didn’t go back to class after that little encounter with the girl named Yujin. And apparently, I feel a bit better after letting out a little bit in front of her.

I didn’t want to enter my classroom while I’m still wearing this kind of attire. It’s inappropriate.

When I reached the door of our place, I pulled out the key and unlocked the door.

What surprised me is that Heejin was also here. She was on the kitchen, sitting at her favorite spot, munching on the leftover food that was supposed to be mine to take.

 

 I thought she already went back to the school?? “I thought you went back??”

She just shrugs, “It’s not fun without you at all. I might as well ditch it.” and took another bite of her food.

 

I was supposed to retaliate more but that would make me look like I’m nagging her. So I let her do what she wants and just went inside to our bedroom. Besides, I do not like this sticky feeling I get from my shirt.

I dropped my bag at the corner and quickly removed my sweaty white shirt and the dirty skirt. Seeing that I’m currently the one inside this room, I didn’t hesitate removing everything including my sweaty red underwear paired with red bra to the point that I was standing in our room .

That felt good actually. I felt free.

I pulled out my towel and quickly entered the bathroom and took a refreshing shower.

And it seems that I must have forgotten to adjust the water temperature and as soon as the water hits my body, I yelped in surprise and quickly switched it off.

That was cold!

 

“Are you okay there, Minjoo?” I heard Heejin shouting from the other side of the bathroom door.

“I-I’m fine! I just forgot to adjust the temperature of the water!”

 

Finally finished adjusting the temperature, I flipped the switch once more and as soon as the water hits me, I could feel the warm water slowly dripping in every nook of my body. It kinda felt ticklish but it wasn’t enough to make me wiggle.

While I was at it, I suddenly remember that little encounter I had with Yujin earlier.

I can’t help but wonder why I have never seen her before at the campus…Because to be completely honest, that was the first time that I saw of her.

She was really different from the other girls in our school. If the girls in our campus emits a y cutie vibe (but of course not all emits one like that), Yujin was emitting a lot of coolness in her. Although she was stuttering in front of me, she looked cool when she was being bold in front of me. I also got to see a close-up of her pretty face and a smile printed in it.

I find it really cute when she did that.

But I’m really embarrassed of myself… She saw me crying. Twice!

Uwaah.. I felt like dying back there..

 

I took a deep breath and placed some shampoo in my hands and applied it on my bright pink hair.

I had really lots of things in my mind right now..

Should I shorten my hair?

Should I change the color of my hair?

Should I straighten it or just let it be?

 

But more importantly…

 

Did she find me weird?

I must’ve been really weird that’s why she was just silent back then..!

I was even wondering if I will get to see her again.. Will she even remember me? I hope so…

 

By the time I finished overthinking, I also finished taking a shower. Surrounding my body with the towel I brought with me, I left the bathroom, stepping in the frog printed rug, letting the water drop in it.

I wouldn’t want to see Heejin falling again on the floor.

The last time she fell on the floor was when we were in a hurry because we were getting late for morning practice. I just got out of the bathroom and headed straight for the room. I kept it open since it was just the two of us, I didn’t mind getting in front of her.

While I finally finished patching myself up, I saw Heejin running towards our room. But what happened after that was unexpected.

I was too late to react when I saw her sitting on the floor after slipping in front of the bathroom door.

I snapped out of it and quickly helped her in standing up. She was a bit flustered and kept on hitting my shoulder, reprimanding me to buy a rug for the bathroom door.

I wanted to laugh that time.

But no. I had to hold it in. Even if it was really funny, I had to stop myself from doing it or else I’ll get a round of beating from her.

 

My reminiscing stopped when I heard Heejin speaking. “Are you going back to school? We still have the afternoon meeting to attend.”

“Oh right.. I almost forgot about that.” I remembered coach saying that before practice happened earlier. We were asked to attend the meeting with regards to the final arrangement for the upcoming practice games and official games.

And I’m getting a bad feeling with this.

 

“Don’t worry too much, Minjoo-ah. Everything will be fine.”

“I don’t know, Heekie..” I felt something got stuck in my throat. “I.. I’m scared about this..”

 

Although I said it as silent as possible, I saw Heejin walking straight towards me. She gave me a tight hug while I was still covered in my towel.

I wanted to push her away but it seems like I can’t just push her aside…

Because in reality, I wanted that hug..

 

“Don’t be scared, Minjoo..” Her words seems convincing, makes me want to break into tears. “Whatever happens, I will still be here for you..”

 

I was just silently listening to her. Her words were comforting and that’s all I needed right now..

 

“Now get yourself dressed up because we have a meeting to attend to.” She said while teasingly slapping my but softly. After that, she went back to the kitchen, finishing the food that was supposed to be mine. But that doesn’t matter anymore.

“Aye, boss~”

 

Since there won’t be any training or practice later, I just pulled out some casual clothes from my drawer. I had worn my black sweatpants with white laces and white side stripes, another white plain shirt with a tennis ball printed at the middle with it, covered with her varsity jacket.

 

“Heekie! I’m done~”

“Aight. Let’s get moving already.”

What? “Wait!” Hold your horse my dear bestie!

She paused at the doorway, having her head turned towards me who was following her. “What?”

“Are you going out with that..?” I pointed at her clothes. And she just looked at me with a confused look.

“Why? What’s wrong with it?”

“Heekie..”

“Oh don’t worry about it~”

I shook my head violently at her and pulled her back to our little room. “No! You are not wearing that vulgar shirt with printed s in it!”

She kept on resisting. “It’s cute! It’s from my favorite anime character!!”

The push and pull game kept going until it gave me no choice but to carry the girl in my shoulders. Heejin got caught off guard and tried escaping from my hold.

But I was stronger than her. Hah!

 

“You are not getting out of this dorm with that shirt on!! And that’s final!”

 

 

~*~

 

 

And right now we are walking towards the school and she’s sulking behind me, dragging her feet as I pulled her with me.

 

“I hate you, Minjoo-ah..” She was crying.

“I could’ve just covered the shirt with my hoodie you know..!” She’s definitely crying.

 

I finally got her to wear something decent after those tiring push and pull with her. I got her to wear the same sweatpants but dyed with a different color, paired with an oversized black shirt, and a baseball cap covering her tiny head.

 

“Just bear with it. I’ll treat you to food later.” And I could really feel her brightening upon hearing that she will be treated by me. Me and my poor wallet..

 

When we finally reached the campus, we head straight for the tennis court where we usually do all our gatherings and meetings. And right now, it seems like we’re the only ones that wasn’t at the court. .

We wouldn’t really be this late if only Heejin just listened to me! Ugh.

 

“Hurry up! We don’t have time to waste!” and now we got shouted by the coach, added by the judging eyes of her team mates.

 

When we were finally with the team, coach started briefing us about the meeting.

She started briefing about the upcoming practice games that was made ahead of time. And also the upcoming LOT that will happen in fall.

And after announcing the first part of the meeting, it was followed by the sudden declaration of coach, saying that the coach will re-pick the players that will get to play in an official game.

Some of the members – which I assumed are members who didn’t get to be on the regular spot – were so happy to hear it from coach as a spark of hope and gladness showed on their face, while the other members who were once on the regular spot showed an expression of disdain and annoyance as they fear that their spot will be taken.

And I was one of those members who’s spot was on the verge to be taken away.

And I can’t shake the fact that I–

 

“I’m taking Minjoo out of the line-up.”

I heard it loud and clear.

 

“And the one who will take her spot is Jeon Heejin.”

 

And yes I saw it coming. I kinda knew that she will be the one who will be replacing me.

 I don’t hate her for taking my spot. In fact, I

But what I hate the most is the fact that this phobia of mine caused me to be kicked out of the regular team..

You can’t break down yet. Not until this meeting is over. Just let the time pass and you can finally leave this place..

So don’t you dare break down here, Minjoo, and just play it cool.

 

 “Yes Coach.” Me and Heejin.

 

I could see her from my peripheral vision that she’s fiddling with her hands as it crawls it way down the rim of her oversized shirt, her face trying hard to stay calm beside me.

This is bad.

I could really feel that she wants to say something.

She was about to speak on my behalf but I quickly swoop my hands and held hers gently, trying to calm her down.

We made eye contact. I could clearly see in her eyes that it was telling me that she can’t accept this sudden appointment.

I tighten my hold in her and shook my head in disagreement. You can’t do that right now, Heejin..

I slowly lessen my strength and let go of her hands and just stood beside her.

Some of the regulars got their spot back while some of them didn’t manage to save their spot. The ones who got their spots taken from them find it displeasing, especially the one who took it from them were first years.

I kinda get that feeling though. This is what you call the pride of a senior student. And the fact that they can’t do anything about frustrates them the most.

 

After the meeting ended, everyone finally dispersed and started leaving the tennis court, leaving Coach, Kriesha, Heejin and me behind the court.

 

“Why did you take her out of the regular team, Coach..?” Heejin who was beside me, finally bursted that bubble she’s been holding in. “More importantly… Why did you put me in the team..?”

“Heekie..” and here I am still silently standing be

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter