11th Hit

HIT IT
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1] OOOOOOOOH! [/CONTENTID1]

[CONTENTID2]11th Hit [/CONTENTID2]

 

[CONTENTID3]

 

The week has already ended and so Monday came sooner than what they have expected. As the main gates of the campus opened, one by one, students start entering school grounds. From the way they look, one cannot deny the fact that none of them has not hated Monday ever since they started the school year.

Mixed along the crowds is none other than Minjoo and her dorm buddy/bestfriend, Heejin. Both girls walking at hell’s gate as if they were to enter a war. With how their eyebags are showing, it is to say that they stayed up all night again. If you compare their eyebags, Minjoo would win the fight.

Heejin, who could be labeled as a nocturnal person, she was used to staying up all night. She always had her eyes on her phone, watching tv shows and cartoons while lying on her bed.

Minjoo on the other hand was not the type of girl who likes to stay up but didn’t have much of a choice because their of a teacher just emailed them that very day before Monday saying that instead of having the quiz on Friday, they will do it on Monday – which is today by the way.

 

“You look dead.” Heejin muttered, walking closely to the other girl. “Think you can survive this day?”

“I don’t even know. I just wanna go to sleep after the quiz.” Minjoo responded, her eyes still glued at the papers she was reading. It was her notes for today’s quiz. Heejin sighs at the sight of it. “Shouldn’t you be going by now? You have a schedule you know.”

Eventhough they are classmates, Heejin already sent her excuse letter stating the reason of her absence. “Yep. Though, I don’t know who we’re up against.” Their coach – Coach Bae – informed them yesterday that they will have a practice game today. There was no other information aside from the PS stating that they should be early, or they will be punished. A simple smiley at the end of the note made Heejin stiffened at her seat that night. No one should anger Coach Bae. It was a rule that should never be broken. Even Minjoo knows it.

“Well good luck! I gotta go because I have to review this .” Minjoo waves at the girl and starts walking for the building.

“Wait Minjoo-yah!” Heejin shouts for her name. “Where are you staying later?”

“I have no idea. I’ll text you!”

“Mmkay! See ya!”  

 

~*~

 

In another room, three students were seating together, waiting for their other classmates who have yet to arrive in the classroom. One of them, Sakura, was quietly reading her book while the other two, namely Eunbi and Wooseok – whom she just got acquainted with – was looking at her as if she had done something wrong.

Since it was only the three of them, Eunbi decided that this would be the best time to talk to the other girl. She pokes the girl’s back twice, Sakura turns around to face her new friends with a questioning look.

Eunbi was about to ask but Wooseok got to break it to her before the girl does.

 

“Did you go out on a date with Lee Chaeyeon yesterday?”

 

Sakura accidentally drops her phone in surprise. Good thing Wooseok has good reaction and was able to hold on to her phone. Slowly, he places it back in his table and felt a sharp pang from her right. He hisses when he felt a strong slap that came from Eunbi who was upset because she was supposed to ask the question to Sakura. He apologizes anyway.

 

“W-what?” Eunbi, this time, pulled out her phone, going through her gallery, she finds the photo she’s looking for. She shows the photo to the girl which made her surprise even more. How the hell did they take a photo of her? Sakura could only think of one possible thing. “What the hell?? Were you stalking me??”

“What? No! That’s just a screenshot!” Eunbi reasoned out.

Before Sakura could speak another word, Wooseok cuts in. “It was taken by one of Chaeyeon’s fan.”

“It wasn’t a date!”

“So you did go out with her!”

“Indeed she did.”

“Let me explain okay?” Both Sakura’s friends sat comfortably, both their ears ready. “Yeah, we went out that day, but it wasn’t a date. She helped me twice already and I wanted to repay so she invited me to go out. And for the third time, it’s not a date!” words coming out of like bullets as she explains her side to her friends. “And I have no ing idea that she was that famous at all!”

They both give Sakura the ‘are you serious’ kind of look. “You don’t know her? Not even a tiny little bit??”

Sakura shrugs. “All I know is that she’s Lee Chaeyeon, she dances and is a student at this school.”

“Good lord, you must’ve been living under a rock.” Wooseok said, earning a glare from the transferee. “You see my dear friend, that girl,” the boy points at the screen. “is none other than the Vice-Captain of the baseball club! She is also the head of the Dance Troupe!”

“Isn’t she amazing!? Just thinking about it makes my heart go doki doki~”

 

As Sakura process all the information she has acquired from her friends, being surprised was an understatement of what she’s feeling right now. It was like she was swept of from her feet upon knowing that the redhead that she went out with last week was also an athlete like her. What’s more amazing is that the girl is involved in two different clubs which hardly students even dare to do because of the amount of academic work that they have in their hands right now. Maybe that would also explain how she accidentally saw her in an empty room dancing to the loud music, and the sight of Chaeyeon’s toned body – the abs, her arms, the legs – that was a very not so decent yet surprisingly y sight of it.

Maybe if she stared long enough, her eyes would magically print a copy of it.

 

“Anyway!” Wooseok smacks the table with her hand, pulling the two girls back to reality. “You my friend should be very careful from now on. I’m sure that her fans won’t stay quiet about this.”

 

Just the thought of getting mauled by her fans was enough to send Sakura deep in despair. Letting out a loud groan, she tries to think of ways on how she would solve this matter. To begin with, she had no idea at all who she was with until now, and clearly, it’s not her fault.

But knowing her fans, she could already predict that they will treat her like a thorn that needs to be taken care of.

 

“What a pain...”

 

 

~*~

 

Just the same as always, Yujin went straight for the field where her teammates are right now. As she enters the lockers area, she noticed that some of the girls are gathering at a single place. Being the curious dog she is, she strides her way to the girls.

 

“What are you guys doing?”

“Your classmate with that transferee, right?” Yena, also in the same year with the tall girl, asks the question.

Transferee? “You mean Sakura? What about her?”

Yena grabs the phone from the girl who was holding the phone and showed it to Yujin. And she was beyond surprised on what she just saw. “It looks like our dear bachelor friend is not a bachelor no more~”

 

A few minutes after that, they hear footsteps coming from the door. All their attention was directed at the entrance, coming inside is none other than the girl who they were talking about earlier. Even the girl herself was surprised as to why they are gathered around in a single place.

 

“Here comes our vice-captain!” Yena shouts, inciting the others except Yujin who’s still doubting what she just saw. “You didn’t even tell us that you were dating the transferee!”

“What are you talking about?”

“We’re talking about this!” Then Yena showed the phone to Chaeyeon who have no idea what they are on about. “Isn’t that you with the transferee? Anyone could tell that’s you with how red your hair is!”

 

And there she is, laughing like a maniac in her spot which caught the girls off-guard. It was loud enough that it echoes inside the room, and even scare some of her teammates. Why is she like that? Was she even laughing in the first place? Is it really that funny? It took some time for the redhead to recover from her violent laughing, she wipes the tears that almost got dried from staying in her round cheeks.

 

“We’re just hanging out! You’re making this a big thing!”

“But this is a big thing! Lee Chaeyeon going out on a date with the transfere – ow!! What the hell was that for??” Ahn Yujin who was listening quietly, smacked Yena’s head.

“Stop spouting .” Ahn Yujin said. “She can hang out with whoever she wants, you know? It’s just that she knows who she hangs out with.”

 

Chaeyeon, who was listening attentively to her buddy breaks out a smile. Ever since they were in middle school, along with Kim Chaewon, they have always each other’s back whenever they are dragged in a corner. They’ve built enough trust for each other to the point that they even have spare keys of each other’s houses.

 

“With that out of the way,” the vice-captain starts. “I have an announcement to make.” That brought everyone’s attention to her. “Since Cap will be late for today, she passed the information to me.”

“We will have a practice game against Second Academy this afternoon, so morning training will end a little bit sooner than scheduled. And also,” Chaeyeon’s phone rang all of a sudden. She fishes the phone out from her pocket to see who it was. It was from their captain. She didn’t need to open it because the message can already be seen. “I see…”

 

Chaeyeon can’t help but smirk in triumph. She scans the room, looking for a specific person who was just there earlier defending her. It wasn’t that hard to spot the girl since she also had a different hair color than everyone on the team. As soon as Chaeyeon’s eyes landed at the person she was looking for, the girl was already at the door, prompting to leave the room.

 

“Yujin-ah!”

 

Yujin, who was about to leave the club room stops in her tracks when her name was called. She turns around to face their vice-captain, only to see her smiling wide. What’s with her?

 

“Something you need?”

“Not just me.”

 

What did she mean by that?

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter