5th Hit

HIT IT
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1]FATE LIKES TO PLAY[/CONTENTID1]

[CONTENTID2] 5TH HIT [/CONTENTID2]

[CONTENTID3]

The door of their dorm room opened, comes entering the pink-haired girl who just got home after finally having done to talk with Ahn Yujin. Not intending to but when she closed the door, it let out a loud bang, catching the attention of her dorm mate.

 

“You just came back?”

“Sorry, had to talk to a certain girl that you scared.”

Heejin felt her stomach tightening. “Are you still mad about that? Well sorry for being the nosy girl.”

Minjoo let out a small chuckle. “It’s okay. I’m just teasing you~”

 

Minjoo lets her bag drop from her shoulders, creating a small thud upon hitting the floor. She didn’t bother removing her clothes and the only thing that she removed was her shoes.

She was too tired to move from her bed. She’s hungry but doesn’t have the motivation to cook. Every part of her body suddenly felt heavy.

The girl knew that if she doesn’t move from her place, she wouldn’t achieve anything as of right now. So she tried getting up from her bed, started walking towards the mini-kitchen of our space. Each step Minjoo makes felt heavy for some reasons. She lets out a loud groan, catching the attention of her dorm mate.

 

“Are you okay?” Minjoo just let out an exhausted groan as she pulled out a bag of juice from the fridge. “That’s weird. I don’t remember you doing anything tiring at all.”

 

Thinking back then with Yujin’s conversation, the one who did all the talking was her and all Yujin did was listen to her. And she hates herself for not stopping herself.

She even forgot to ask the girl about that one thing that Heejin mentioned about her. And just thinking about it, it’s already killing the girl’s curiosity.

She lets out another loud groan, not going unnoticed by the bunny girl. Again.

This time, Heejin finally went down off of her bed and went to occupy the vacant seat in front of her. Her face this time looks like she wants to murder someone. The only time she was like that was either because her animarathon is disturbed or her study time is being cut off by someone.

 

“Seriously, what the hell is bothering you?” Heejin irritatingly asked. “You groaning that loud means something’s wrong with you.”

Minjoo pulled out the plastic straw and plunged it in her orange juice. “I would really love to give you an honest answer but my mind right now is not cooperating with me.”

“There you go again…” Minjoo winced. “You’re doing that old habit of yours again.”

 

Minjoo went silent while sipping the remaining juice inside the juice bag.

She has been always like that. Whenever Heejin asks her something that makes Minjoo react to it, the girl tends to avoid the question by answering the same thing over and over again, to the point that Heejin didn’t have to figure out whether the girl is lying or not.

Tired of avoiding it, Minjoo finally gives in.

 

“Can you just tell me what happened to Yujin?”

Heejin gave her a blank face. “That’s it? That’s what’s bothering you?”

“Yes. That’s been bothering me all this time. It’s bothering me to the point that it makes me frustrated.”

“Why didn’t you ask it from her?”

“I got distracted!”

“Because she was pretty?”

“Well that’s part of it,” Heejin choked. “But I got distracted when she asked me first..”

“About what?”

“Me quitting the club..” Heejin formed an ‘oh’ mouth shaped.

 

Not long after, Minjoo finishes one bag of juice and took another one from the fridge. Her hunger turned into thirst made her want more of the juice.

“At this point of time, it’s not really a secret anymore, Minjoo-ah..” Heejin started. “In fact, I think everyone at the academy got a wind of it already. I was kinda expecting that you would also know about it because you were once part of the tennis club.”

“Can you just tell me what really happened instead of beating around the bush?”

 

And so Heejin told her what really happened, not leaving a single information hidden from the girl and only told what she had read at the newspaper of their school. Minjoo felt betrayed when Heejin pulled out something from below of their table. It was the newest issue of their school’s paper where you can learn about everything that has been happening in the academy. She felt betrayed because Heejin didn’t inform her that before anything else.

 

“Give me a break! I didn’t even know that you know the girl in the first place!” She had a point. Heck she didn’t even want Heejin to see the girl who she was helping.

 

And she hates the girl for being in the right.

After finally knowing the truth, Heejin excused herself before the bickering could prolong and went back to her little space – the bed.

Minjoo stayed at the table for a while, processing the information she has just received from Heejin.

Well it is true that when you are in the sports world, you cannot expect everything to go the way you want it to go. Even back in middle school, Minjoo gets frustrated after getting stacked by the enemy. But what the girl just showed Minjoo when she opened the sports section page of the newspaper, her eyes turned wide as it lays on the very image of Ahn Yujin punching the hell out of her school’s enemy.

Many questions were going through Minjoo’s mind, but what she wants to know is what drove her to that extent? It can’t be that that was just because of some petty reasons, right? No Minjoo. You can’t think like that. You’re overthinking things already!

Minjoo lets out a wild cry as she slams her head on the wooden table.

 

“That’s why I told you that you should ask it from her instead of someone’s point of view.” Heejin begins reprimanding the pink-haired girl. “You’re just digging your own grave if you keep overthinking things about her.”

“Geez, thanks for the tip, Weeb.”

 

The night was already deep and Heejin’s snoring could be heard inside the little room while Minjoo is still wide awake in her bed. She kept remembering what Yujin said back then at the academy.

 

“I will be with you and I will make sure to make you play tennis once more.”

 

Just thinking about makes her heart skips a beat. She can’t really believe that Yujin can say that without being shy at all.

Her hands slowly placed in her cheeks, feeling the sudden heat building up in it. Yujin was too cool when she said those words to her.

 

“I will be with you..” Minjoo squealed in silence in her bed. She didn’t want to wake up Heejin with her gay panicking all over the room. Good thing she didn’t fall from her bed or else she would really grow a bruise from her .

 

“I do really hope she keeps that promise…”

 

 

~*~

 

Morning came and Minjoo just woke up from her deep sleep. She checked the time and it was almost seven o’clock and she’s still in here bed, rubbing her eyes to reality.

She stood up and went to check on the other girl, and to her surprise, Heejin was not in her bed.

She found a note lying on the bed and read it:

 

Heya! Sorry I didn’t wake you up. You look tired last night so I didn’t bother doing it. I prepared some food at the table. Hope you like it!

                                -Heekie

 

Minjoo can’t help but smile at it as she finds it cute that the girl would even leave a note for her.

She hurriedly went to the table and she saw a plate with her favorite food, egg rolls and fried rice, sealed perfectly. She quickly removed the seal and started eating the food.

While eating, Minjoo felt weird all of a sudden. It was kind of weird because Heejin never wakes up early even if it was training. Perhaps there’s another reason for her to wake up so early in the morning.

 

She took a peak at her phone to check the time, and it was already beyond seven, “Guess I’m skipping class today.”

 

She opened her phone and went to her contacts, staring at that one phone number that she wants to call for some reasons but couldn’t muster the courage to do it. In the end, she just dropped the idea and decided that she will skip school for today and do some jogging outside.

She tied her long- pink hair and washed her face thoroughly, then changed her clothes into one of those black baggy jogger pants topped with white plain shirt, and a pair of running shoes.

She plugged her earphones and blasted some music in it while going down from the dorm building, and as soon as she landed her feet outside of the building, she started jogging slowly till she started speeding up a little.

Not long after, she noticed that the road she was taking was leading to the academy. Not that she minds it in the first place, but you could say it was like that.

Instead of going inside the school – which was probably not the best choice she had in mind – she decided to jog outside of the campus instead. While jogging, she noticed that the side she was on right now has the view of the baseball field filled with players. Is there a game ongoing right now?

And come to think of it, Yujin is also part of the club.

Minjoo stopped in her tracks and decided to take a break from jogging. There was a door near the field that served as an entrance for visitors. The girl thinks it through whether she would enter school premises with the chance of getting caught, or she should just stay outside and just watch from a distance?

 

“ it.”

 

In the end, she went inside the campus field using the door exclusive for visitors. Surprisingly, there was no one guarding the entrance, so she took the chance to blend in the crowd and took the empty seat at the corner.

Minjoo wanders her eyes in the field, hoping that she would see the girl she was looking for.

While doing it, she can’t help but gawk at those girls in their sports attire, sliding from base to base, hitting all those hardballs with a metal bat, she was jealous of the fact that they can do it while the pink-haired girl can’t.

Then suddenly, a bus appeared, entering the campus with the logo of the Second Academy printed in it. It seems like their enemy has finally landed in the field. Slowly, one by one, players comes out of the bus with blasting charisma and confidence. They look intimidating for some reason.

But that wasn’t the reason she was here right now. She shook her head and re-scanned the whole field, but there was no sign of the tall girl.

Feeling disappointed, she decided to stay inside the campus and just continue watching the game, not continuing her jogging session. Not knowing that her choice of staying behind the campus to watch the game would cause her to not meet the girl she was looking for.

 

 

“Chae.”

“Yup?”

“I know that you’re gonna give me the same ty reason,” Yujin looks at her. “But you should really be at the field right now, playing for the team. Not jogging with me.”

 

They were now outside, taking ten turns around the campus as per told by Yujin’s coach to her. It was only suppose to be Yujin who will do it but Chaeyeon really insists on coming with

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter