22 - Sunflower (END)

The Thinker who Dreams
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Thank you so much for reading till the end, leaving comments and upvotes along the way. Here is the last chapter -- which is the best possible outcome for their relationship at this point.

 

Sakura’s POV

 

Oh...I can take a boat out to the ocean to catch fish. Sakura was pleasantly surprised by the new feature and saw herself hunting for the elusive shadows of creatures lurking under the waves around her. The rocking of her boat got intense and suddenly, Sakura found herself almost getting flung out of her fishing boat. But...but I still need to get that hammerhead!!

 

“Wake up!”

 

At long last, she blinked at the white ceiling above her, finally noticing that her fishing adventure was just a dream.

 

“Unnie~~I was just about to catch this giant fish which can well be...!” She whined as she turned around to find her girlfriend in full workout gear, looking down at her from the bedside with a disapproving look on her face. The morning sun is casting a warm light on her radiant post-workout skin, and it doesn’t help that Eunbi is wearing black sleeveless crop top and yoga pants with her hair tied in a bun-- making her figure all the more flattering.

 

Sakura is momentarily stunned by the beauty and her eyes land inadvertently on those pink, slightly parted lips that are illuminated not by makeup, but by a routine, healthy lifestyle.. How will I ever get used to this perfection? She asks herself as a hand waves in front of her eyes, jolting her to her senses again.

 

“Kkura-ya, it’s you who insisted that I wake you up on a Sunday morning.” She pulled her hand to help the lazyhead rise, before releasing it again when the sheets slipped, revealing the body underneath it. The sight of Eunbi blushing only caused Sakura to smirk.

 

“Since you could climb out of bed for a workout leaving me like this-- I should work a lot harder next time…”

 

“Shut up…” A t-shirt got thrown towards her face as the older girl tried to hide the embarrassing thoughts of their late-night activity. “You said it’s imperative that you woke up before noon. Don’t blame me if you miss any deadlines...k?”

 

“Ha!” Sakura sat up abruptly and gasped. “That’s right!! I need to check the stalk market prices.”

 

Eunbi was already heading out of the room when she heard those words and turned around in surprise. “Didn’t know you’re into this kind of…” Her voice trails off as she sees Sakura scrambling towards the desk to reach for her Switch. “I should’ve known.” She finished her sentence with a deadpan face.

 

“Unnie, you and Nako should really join us…” Sakura mumbles as she clicks on the console buttons furiously. A ping goes off on both of their phones.

 

Eunbi checked the group chat on her phone as Sakura did the same, but while the gamer’s face lit up, the dancer’s annoyed look turned more sour.

 

“Yabai...Irene-Unnie’s price is only 91! Yes!”

 

She has clearly ignored Eunbi’s eye roll as she walked towards her girl again and snatched the phone out of her hand.

 

“Listen~and I’m only gonna say it once so stop thinking about your stupid turnips for one second.” Although her voice sounds harsh, Sakura can see that her unnie is barely holding back a chuckle, seeing how she must have thought the family’s latest obsession to be childishly endearing. “I’m going to the studio for a little bit and then we’re bringing back some stuff Chaewonnie doesn’t need from the cafe. So meet me there by three to help out with the packing. This gives you enough time to do whatever you need in Hyewon or whoever’s island…”

 

“It’ll be Irene-unnie’s island this time…” Sakura interjects as she looks up with her innocent puppy-eyes.

 

“I don’t care! By the way, I can’t believe how even Unnie’s wife is roped into this---this is crazy, you guys yah!!” This complaint is squarely met with a peck on the cheek as Sakura reached up and pulled her into the bed.

 

“Angry Eun-chan is so hot and adorable!” Having the shorter girl trapped under her limbs, Sakura proceeds with a round of kisses and attacks.

 

“Kk...kkura! I’m...I’m still sweaty and dirty after the run…” The protests were met with a small bite on her neck and a heavy sniff as Sakura nuzzled up against her. She could feel the girl shiver and those strong arms that were trying to push her off go limb.

 

“You smell so good...um...it’s .” Sakura continued to tease.

 

“What’s taking you so long, Unnie?” The door swung out with Nako standing by the doorway, wearing an apron and holding a spatula in her hand. Her eyes popped as they met with Sakura’s the moment she raised her head in alarm from their entangled bodies.

 

“Na...nako?” Sakura croaked out in surprise as she thought the girl was still staying overnight at Yujin’s place. Although the light seeping through the windows kind of reminded her that the “night” is as over as it can be.

 

“Guys~ill…” Nako recovers from her surprise and makes a disgusted face. “Haven’t you had enough last night?”

 

Eunbi’s back has been facing the door this whole time, and as she scrambled up out of the bed, she still couldn’t bring herself to turn around to face her baby sister. Meanwhile Sakura regained her composure and just looked sideways to her flustered girlfriend’s face in amusement, waving Nako off.

 

“Nako-chan, one can never get tired of perfection...but-- we all need a break to devour the pancakes you’re making. Smells delish!!! Wait…” Sakura sniffs some more and looks at Nako seriously. “Did I smell something burning?”

 

“AH! My pancakes!” Nako jumps and almost slams the door shut as she dashes back to the kitchen.

 

“Sakura.”

 

The gamer’s smile softens as she stands up from the bed so she can face Eunbi at eye-level. She knows what’s to come whenever Eunbi does that full name drop.

 

“We’ve got to be more careful. As long as we live together, we have to be more like Nako’s sisters than anything else.”

 

Sakura bites her tongue to hold back all the counter arguments in her head, because Eunbi has a point even though she knows Nako doesn’t mind. “Family-first” will always be the biggest taboo in their relationship.

 

“Yes, Unnie.” She takes her into a warm, platonic hug to soothe the older girl. “I shouldn’t be so carried away but you’ve gotta admit how much better the sight of yourself is compared to Animal Crossing hammerhead sharks and the thrills of stalk market speculation.”

 

“I know.” The girl in her arms chuckles in response and they part with their embrace smiling at each other.

 

“Go get a shower and get ready for the long day ahead, Eun-chan. Let me see if I can beg Nako-chan for an extra piece of pancake before I head out.”

 

-----------------------------------------------------------

 

“And there you go...it’s all fixed.” Sakura stood up and shook her head off the dizziness, after crouching and tearing apart the old desktop that’s sitting in Minju’s dorm for an hour.

 

“Thanks, Kkura-Unnie. I was really fretting if I needed to shell out money for another laptop just to survive the last couple of months of school.”

 

“Well, now you can cruise towards graduation worry-free and join Chaewon in growing your culinary empire.”

 

“Don’t exaggerate,” The baker smiled sweetly at the thought even though she’s not admitting her own excitement verbally. Their hands brushed as Minju took the screwdriver off Sakura’s hand to offer her a can of coke. “Your hands are cold, Unnie!”

 

Sakura shrugs as the younger girl tries to warm her hand up by rubbing her palm between her own.

 

“It can’t be helped. I’m from Kagoshima, so even Seoul’s fall can be a bit much to me.” 

 

It was then that Minju suddenly became aware of the intimacy in her gesture and parted her hands, looking up to Sakura in alarm.

 

“Hm?” Sakura’s questioning look tells her counterpart that she’s completely unbothered, causing the girl to smile and shake her head in return.

 

“Let’s sit down and take a rest. Chaewon is already at the cafe, preparing a new set of menus and touching up on the decor.”

 

The girls moved towards the dorm couch and sat down. A glimpse of memory from the nights Sakura

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter