18 - Dreams Forgotten (Sakura POV)

The Thinker who Dreams
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

A/N: Fluff and a breather :) Again, really appreciate the views, comments and reactions so far, thanks

 

 

 

Sakura feels that she’s the luckiest girl on the planet. On the day of her first career milestone, launching a product as lead designer of a game collaboration, she finally got together with the girl she loves. It has taken some months, some rejections and some heartbreak, but it’s all worth it when Eunbi kissed her deeply and returned her feelings.

 

It has been another three months, leading to the arrival of summer and the first anniversary of her moving to Seoul. Today is a Sunday, which means couple’s day for the two and Eunbi is taking Sakura out for another scooter date. 

 

“Hurry, hurry, Unnie!” Sakura waves as Eunbi follows from behind after parking the scooter away. “Look, the cable car is arriving!”

 

“Easy there…” Eunbi smiled and shook her head mildly as she caught up and linked arms with the overly eager girl, slowing her down a bit. “It’s been a year-- and you’ve never thought of going to Namsan-- but now you’re so excited that you can’t even wait if we missed one carriage? Honey, they’re going to keep coming, don’t worry.”

 

Sakura pouts and feigns an angry look. “I want a nice front row view! Moreover, I don’t want to come here alone-- I want to do it with my girlfriend! And who’s the busy and heartless one that’s kept me waiting?”

 

“All right, point taken, Master!” Eunbi saluted in apology and got the tickets, ushering the girl towards the boarding area. “Unnie is the one in the wrong here. Sorry for keeping my Kkura baby waiting for so long.” 

 

Reaching to the front while the arriving carriage is still clearing off its alighting passengers, Eunbi stops walking and takes Sakura in to plant a kiss on her head as she lazily slumps into her embrace.

 

“So what can I do for you, my princess? Shall I get you an ice-cream when we’re up there?” She is now Sakra’s hair, eliciting a satisfied purr from her master.

 

“I’m not Nako…so this won’t be enough.” She giggles and rejects Eunbi’s suggestion.

 

The door opened and they ended up on one end of the carriage, facing the windows and savoring the complete view of the hill as they joined hands and snuggled close to each other amongst the crowd of tourists.

 

“So what do you want, Kkura-ya?” She tucked a strand of hair behind her ear, and started playing with it.

 

“Stop staring at my ears!” The red-faced Sakura covers her fresh piercings and looks away.

 

“But Kkura baby imitating me is so cute!” Eunbi teases. “Besides, you should feel lucky that I found out on time!”

 

Flashback to three days ago

 

Sakura is sitting in front of her desk mirror, taking a deep breath as she turns up the volume of the piano concerto she’s found on YouTube.

 

This isn’t helping at all...what did people say about soothing music that calms your mind? They are all liars!

 

Sakura puffs her cheeks in annoyance as she picks the stapler-looking block up for the umpteenth time again. She places the opening between her ear lobes, thinking about all the world of cute earrings that are out there waiting for her, and realigns the position again. Eunbi-unnie has-- one, two, three, four--- eight piercings? Dude, it’s so hard to even start with two!

 

She almost pressed on the punch as she jumped at her seat hearing the door swing open.

 

“Kkura-ya, do you want some honey tea?” 

 

Sakura turned around like a deer caught in headlights, her arms still steadying that giant hole-punch that is fixed on her left ear lobe.

 

“I..I can explain…” Now she’s sounding like someone who’s caught cheating, Sakura mentally facepalmed herself.

 

“Kkura!!” Eunbi rushed towards her with arms awkwardly flinging above Sakura’s head. “What...what is this? How...how did a stapler get caught on your kitty ears?? Omo..how do I get it off? Poor baby...does it hurt?”

 

“Unnie...unnie!” Sakura tried to talk over the anxious girl, who was clearly getting the wrong idea. “I’m fine...I’m okay. See?” Her rigid arms could finally relax and lower the offending ‘weapon’. “It’s just an ear piercing kit.”

 

“A what?!” Eunbi looks at the human flesh hole punch, especially the pointy needle part, and then at the turquoise, placeholder stubs of earrings that come with the kit on the desk.

 

“You use THIS to make a piercing?” She questioned in horror as she snatched it from the clueless Sakura’s hand.

 

“Eh? Have you not seen one of these? But you have eight piercings--Unnie!”

 

“It’s nine, but that’s not the point!” She exclaimed and put on a scary face while resting her arms akimbo. “This looks dangerous! Why did you ever think of doing it by yourself?!”

 

“H...how else? Naa-chan just did it and she sent me these.” 

 

“Who just did it? And, you have friends outside of work?”

 

Sakura’s face suddenly lit up. “Ah! She did mention that her Yuiri-chan helped out a bit. In fact, I think she bought these for me too. Unnie~~ are you jealous that I didn’t call you in to help? I just thought...I’m braver than that lion cub and I could do it by myself to surprise you…”

 

“But you’re just a kitten yourself!” Eunbi kneels down in front of the chair so she could reach her eye level and cup her cheeks. “What if you get hurt or get infections from it?”

 

“I...I just wanna look half-- no, a quarter-- as cool as you are, Unnie! Sorry, I thought I could manage four, but I guess I didn’t think through this enough.”

 

“As cool as me?” Eunbi bit her tongue a little bit to hide her goofy smile.

 

“Yes--- you look so cool with all those earrings and studs, dazzling and dangling-- like a queen bee.” Sakura’s eyes trailed towards the bony cartilage of Eunbi’s ear, and her lips inadvertently.

 

“My eyes are here!” Eunbi gently hit Sakura’s lap to draw her attention out of the gaze, knowing where her girlfriend’s thoughts had wandered. “If you want to do that, at least go to a shop, or better--- let me take you to the clinic I used to go to. Let’s do it now.”

 

“Ohh~” Sakura stood up at the same time as Eunbi to stop her from heading out. “I think it’s gonna be fine with this. Afterall, Naa-chan has been my serious and reliable personal buyer...ehem...friend-- compared to Shige...I trust her on this.”

 

“Murashige-san...serious and reliable...wait! Don’t tell me, she’s the one who’s been sending you boxes and boxes of manga and gravure magazines lately?”

 

“Yes!” Sakura clapped her hand excitedly at the thought of her new treasures, oblivious to the anger seething from her girlfriend. “As you know, Shige is studying abroad in Russia right now, so she can’t help me ship magazines for a while, and it just so happened that Naachan and I like the same things...And! She said Yuiri-chan found out so she couldn’t keep a stash, that means I can keep getting most of them for free!”

 

“Kkkkkkkura!” Sakura only noticed how her eyes were already lit on fire when the bunny roared. “You and your y friends!”

 

Sakura gulped and just realized the flaw in her logic. If Yuiri got mad and jealous at those heavenly swimsuit models and R18 manga...wouldn’t that mean Eunbi...

 

“Sorry Unnie! I’ll… I’ll limit the amount from now on!” She clasped her palms together loudly in an emergency apology, even though she’s clearly not ready to give up. “I’ll...I’ll go to the clinic now! But…” Her panicky face suddenly shifted to puppy eyes. “Kkura is scared...does the piercing of the cartilage hurt? Will I die from the pain? Eun~~~ Pwease, take me there and watch over me?”

 

“Aw~silly.” Eunbi patted and ruffled her hair, completely forgetting that she’s supposed to be angry. “It hurts, but just a little if you get proper help.”

 

“Really?” Sakura went in for the kill as she leapt forward for a kiss.

 

“Now throw that hole punch away and keep those hideous studs in the drawer, Unnie’s gonna take you out for shopping.”

 

Flashback ends

 

That’s how Sakura ended with a pair of silver and ruby earrings which she is covering up now as she’s still conscious about it.

 

“Shh----stop teasing, Unnie!” Sakura snuggles close to hide her red face, and gives a slight peck on Eunbi’s neck before looking out of the glass windows again. “Look at how beautiful this is.”

 

The girls’ attention turned outside as they took in the sight silently, trying to snap pictures of the view and each other as they ascended up the hill. Arriving at the top, Sakura declared her demand as she took a lock and a key out from the bag and smiled cheekily at Eunbi, who’s now rolling her eyes.

 

“Oh please, Kkura, this is the lamest thing ever.” But she’s already taken it from her hands to examine the handwriting on it. “Sakura, Eunbi, Kkubi---forever!” She reads out loud and laughs heartily.

 

“Hai-- Unnie, Eun-chan. You can do the honor of choosing its resting place and locking our hearts together forever with this supplied key. Failure to do so will result in Kkura’s wrath and a reduction of love-love time by 50% in the next thirty days.”

 

“Kk-kura!” Eunbi blushes as she lightly hits her partner. This type of teasing works all the time. “You are the one who’s been begging for it, not me!” She hurries ahead down the winding paths of colorful locks, with Sakura laughing from behind.

 

“I don’t know…” The relentless girl jogged towards the reddening bunny, who’s now surveying seriously for the best spot while admiring the view. Interlocking her fingers into Eunbi’s, she added, “You sounded like you love it every time.”

 

“Oi!” The already embarrassed Eunbi looks around to see if anyone’s hearing and glares at the Sakura. “Continue teasing and you really won’t get anything for the next 100 days!”

 

The scrawny cat fakes a gape and sticks out her tongue as she raises her arms in surrender. “Sorwy, babe… I’ll stop teasing. But this lock really needs to find a home. Shall we check up there as well?”

 

She tugged the girl along as they stopped bickering and strolled along the path, admiring the scenic views

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter