21.1 - Diary (Sakura POV)

The Thinker who Dreams
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

A/N: Once again, thanks for reading so far. The next couple of updates are going to unveil some mysteries behind the mothers.

 

 

 

 

The chirps from birds outside woke Sakura up, which is something that’s rare for the naturally late riser. She looks at the slumbering beauty who’s softly snoring in her arms. Eunbi is still fast asleep, even though she will usually be up at this time to get ready for her morning exercise routine. 

 

She must have been too exhausted from yesterday-- or rather, last night-- Sakura chuckles to herself as she tucks a few strands of her disarrayed hair back. Unlike herself, Eunbi’s features are less chiseled and her cheeks look even softer with her translucent skin glowing under the morning sun. She poked them lightly for a few times to feel it bounce back, and even then, the sleepyhead barely stirred.

 

How can you be so cute, Eun-chan? And stop going on a diet with Nako-chan-- you are perfect with your curvy face just the way you are. You really do look like Eomma, ne? Is that how Okaasan felt when she first laid eyes on the love of her life?

 

The love of her life… which is no exaggeration, since it did take over twenty years to see its fruition…

 

Eunbi’s eyes fluttered open and she looked up to her partner.

 

“Sakura, why are you crying?”

 

Sakura blinked before she reached up to her own cheeks and felt the moist of her tears. She didn’t even realize she was sobbing, which was probably what woke her unnie up.

 

“Eun-chan...” She smiled again as Eunbi reached up to wipe the tears off with her thumb.

 

“Eun…” Sakura took the hand that was cupping her cheek and intertwined their fingers. “Don’t worry, these were just tears of joy. You have no idea how lucky I feel-- how lucky we both are.”

 

“Kkura.” Instead of calming the worried girl, Eunbi reacted to those words differently as she sat up properly to face her with a serious face. “You sound strange, and you are making me worried. Last night, you were so…fi..fierce..” 

 

She stuttered a little bit as her cheeks turned pink.

 

“I am not saying it’s not good…”

 

“Yea, I would know…” Sakura smirks as she slips out of the covers,, pointing to a slightly swollen bite mark on her shoulder. “The desperate attempt to muffle your voice is right here.”

 

“Omo..” Eunbi almost wailed as she covered her face in embarrassment. “We were definitely too loud…”

 

Sakura just shrugs.

 

“Now is not the time to be smug!” The older girl was clearly unsatisfied with her response as she hit the swollen spot lightly, causing Sakura to wince. “You’ve got to tell me...what’s the rush? Why were you so...so overwhelming?”

 

Sakura took a deep breath, and finally nodded.

 

“Sorry Unnie, I kept something from you since yesterday. I thought it’d be great for you to enjoy our date first without having anything to weigh you down, and also give myself some time to think about how to tell you and Nako…”

 

“Oh..no…” Eunbi’s face turned pale as she shook her head slowly. “This sounds really bad. It’s about Grandma, isn’t it? She found out, and she wanted us to break up...”

 

“Eun..” Sakura stopped her and gripped her by the shoulders to steady the girl and reassure her. “It’s not bad, I promise. Grandma hasn't said anything yet. It’s...it’s about Okaasan--- but it’s just a long, complicated story. It’ll… put a lot of things in perspective. Please...get changed first and have breakfast before we dive in? It’s going to be a long day.”

 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

The couple were walking downstairs just in time for Obaasan to come out, setting the last bowl of soup on the table.

 

“Good morning, you two are early!” The petite old lady watches Eunbi in particular as they move towards the dining table and sit down gingerly.

 

“Good morning, Obaasan.” The two of them greeted in unison.

 

“Eunbi-chan looks like she’s not walking fine…” The dimples on her grandma cheeks deepen as she smirks. Sakura’s eyes almost popped out at the remark.

 

“Baachan!” She reprimands.

 

Eunbi’s face is beet red from the remark as she looks down and struggles for a little bit, before suddenly shooting up from the seat.

 

“Obaachan!” She bowed in ninety degrees, which now shocked the teasing old lady in return. “There is a news I need tell you! Sorry!”

 

“Unnie...calm down?” Sakura looks at Eunbi unsuredly. “Just, please sit down first?” She soothes her back and gently pushes her to sit back down.

 

“What do you want to say, my child?” Grandma looks on encouragingly, but her forehead is slightly creased in confusion and anticipation.

 

“I...I...Sakura-san and I, Kkura-- I know she is... sisters-- but I like her. I mean...I.. we...” Eunbi gulped and there’s a long silence while she struggled to find the right words. Sakura looked touched when she realized what her unnie was getting at, but this look was quickly replaced by one of mild amusement seeing how the older girl had lapsed into sticking out her tongue, a habit she displays whenever she is troubled. 

 

“Kkura,” she finally nudged the girl beside her and whispered urgently in Korean. “How do you say we’re ‘going out’?”

 

Sakura's suppressed chuckle burst into a laugh. 

 

“Don’t just sit there and laugh! Help me out!!” She puffs her cheeks and stares at Sakura, forgetting that the conversation with Grandma is still going on.

 

“Grandma,” Sakura finally calmed herself from laughing at the baby unnie.  “Eunbi-chan is trying to let you know that we are dating each other.” 

 

Grandma simply nodded knowingly and continued on with her meal, taking a piece of pickle from the dish. This makes Sakura nervous as well, since she was expecting her nosy Obaasan to ask a lot of questions. Could she actually be mad?

 

“Em... Obaachan?”

 

“Hm?” Grandma chews and swallows her food, gesturing to the kids to start eating too. “You guys just wasted time telling me what I already know. Eat your food while it’s still hot, come on!”

 

The girls look at each other to gauge if they are the only ones finding this reaction to be odd.

 

“This house is quite old, so the soundproofing might have gotten worse throughout the years, or maybe, you were being too loud.”

 

“I heard everything last night. It is good, isn’t it?” The old woman flashes her signature squirrel-like smile that’s certainly where Nako got her cheeky look from. “To be young and genki. Saku-chan, it seems you’ve taken good care of your future wife, which gives me content. Eunbi-chan, just make sure you take revenge next time so Saku-chan can’t even walk down the stairs, okay?”

 

“Hai.” Eunbi answers earnestly, her face still dead serious.

 

Sakura facepalms herself as it’s her turn not to be able to handle the level of embarrassment. Eunbi probably just understood that a question was addressed to her and had no idea about how yabai the teasing was. 

 

“What?” Eunbi looks at Sakura in confusion. “Grandma doesn’t seem to look mad...Kkura-ya...come on, say something.”

 

“Grandma! Stop teasing us! I..I promise I will look after Eunbi-chan in ALL ways and not just that, so let’s all get back to eating!!” She rushed to finish her sentence and glared back at the confused bunny, switching to Korean. “Grandma is fine with it and is happy we’re together, so you too...start eating!”

 

Eunbi released the breath she was holding and her lips spread into a relaxed smile, glancing back at Grandma’s happy face, who simply nods back to her. With one big burden she had of the trip lifted from her chest, the bunny sister started munching on her bowl of rice in satisfaction.

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

“Kkura-ya, how come Grandma looked so calm

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter