9.2 - Break Out (Sakura POV)

The Thinker who Dreams
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: I did a double update since this chapter was too long and I broke it into two parts...please do check out "Break Out"- Part 1 if you haven't done so.

 

 

“She can’t be my girlfriend, because I already have someone I like.”

 

Eunbi blinks a few times, and she looks slightly surprised. Largely, she seems calm about this revelation. 

 

One day, I will make your heart beat wild for me. I have wasted too much time chickening out, but this is going to be a new beginning.

 

“I can’t tell you right now, but…” Sakura looks intensely into her eyes, her smile unwavering.

 

“Hey!” A voice rang behind them, causing both of them to let go of each other. It’s Yena, holding another person’s hand, waving  and running towards them, and…

 

“Juri?!” “Unnie?” The owners of the voices look at each other, and then at their partners in awe and gradual understanding. Eunbi was the first to speak.

 

“So...Yena--is that girlfriend who forgets about your anniversary? And Juri, was the girl you forgot your date with because you overslept?”

 

“Eunbi-Unnie, I know you are asking us two separate questions, but why are all the criticisms directed at me?” Yena pouts her ducky lips and crosses her arms defiantly.

 

“Oi...Yena-unnie… is that beautiful lady there your girlfriend?” Sakura stood up and waves are Juri, who’s still staring back and forth between her girlfriend and her boss/dance crew ex-Leader.

 

“What a small world...Sakura...Sakura…” Juri murmurs to herself. “Of course, that’s the gamer sister that Unnie you wouldn’t shut up about! How could I have not made the association? Sakura-san, nice to meet you!”

 

“Juri-san? Nice to meet you too! I should really come visit the cafe more… I can’t believe I haven’t met any of Unnie’s friends apart from Minju! What a failure I have been, right Unnie?” Sakura just casually places her arm around Eunbi’s shoulders and leans towards her. She’s not going to act like an awkward nerd around her unnie anymore.

 

“Em..ah…” Eunbi coughs a little bit before she continues. “What are you doing here?” 

 

“My eggie has brought me some lunch and dinner, so I could quickly go meet her at the dance practice tonight. Unnie and Sakura!! Why don’t you guys join too?” Yena looks at the couple expectantly, while Juri scratches the back of her head, slightly afraid that she will get rejected by her ex-Leader as she usually does.

 

“Um..” Before Eunbi could talk, Sakura took over the conversation with an enthusiastic nod. “Yes sure, let’s see you tonight! I want to see where Eunbi-unnie hung out in her youth! OK, I will pick her up at nine and we will head to...douko da…” Sakura suddenly switched to Japanese and asked Juri for details, leaving Eunbi unable to speak up or refuse anymore. She needs to do much more to reach out to her friends to win her over! Yosh, you can do it, Saku!

 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Apparently, it has been almost a year since Eunbi steps foot into EX studio again, a block where several dance groups gather to practice and hang out by renting the place. The place was a bit rundown since they were crowd funded by members who are mostly students or struggling artists, evident by a vent at the corner that got duck taped and a broken water fountain on the other side. She was walking slowly down the aisle following Unnie, noticing plenty of faces staring back at them, and some who looked like they have recognized her and stood up in awe and excitement.

 

“Eunbi-noona!” A young man came and gave Eunbi a fist bump, to which she instinctively returned. “Ya! Isn’t this baby Joongi! You’ve grown TALL!” 

 

“Noona, we finally waited long enough for you to come back! How are you?” 

 

Eunbi was excited to see her junior, and they looked really close to each other. That boy looks young, maybe around 20? But he is undeniably cute...

 

“I am doing great, and it looks like puberty has treated you well too! Waooow, is that biceps I see there?” She playfully her lips and tried to reach up to touch him. Wait! Unnie is gonna touch the boy! Before she knew it, Sakura has yanked her backwards, and wrapped her arms protectively around her. The boy called Joongi was a bit shocked, but he smiled back apologetically.

 

“Unnie, look over there, it’s Juri!” Sakura tried to distract Eunbi by pointing to the people they came here to see in the first place.

 

“Ah, Chaeyeon, Juri!” She called out as she got dragged by Sakura towards the girls.

 

“Eunbi-Unnie! You FINALLY made it! Come look at our latest dance cover!” A girl with high ponytail and a cheerful look shouted as she gestures a place nearby.

 

“That is Chaeyeon...my best friend at dance and at work. She is the leader of this crew now.” Eunbi whispers towards Sakura as they walked towards the place, and the dancers started gathering to the front while the music fades in.

 

They did a few covers of some pop songs, which looked synchronized and really energetic. The girl whom Eunbi just introduced as Chaeyeon caught her attention. Her dancing was really really good. She is now fluttering her arms like they were wings, and even her hair is dancing with the flow of the music. No wonder she is Leader...

 

While Sakura sits cross-legged and watches the performance in appreciation, nodding and smiling in satisfaction, Eunbi started to copy the hand movements and bob her head along with the music. Once she started mimicking and getting into the groove, it became obvious in the audience who else wanted to join to dance. She saw several funkily dressed guys and girls standing behind them moving their limbs, and then her eyes moved back to Eunbi, who seems to be taking an interest in someone else in the audience.

 

Following her line of vision, she notices a girl with black hair and straight bangs, wearing a pair of red tracksuits that look like something you see in a middle school track field. Her hands are showing very restrained movements, but her eyes are sparkling with excitement, and her puffy cheeks are all pink because of that. She looks so young, cute and out of place, but somehow, something causes Eunbi to stir.

 

She crouched up from her sitting position, and gave Sakura a quick signal saying she would be back. Then she walked behind the crowd and reached the puffy cheeks girl who is evidently still in a trance as the music blasts and the dance break starts.

 

She whispered something at the girl and flashes a huge grin, tugging her tracksuit sleeves at the same time.

 

The girl runs agape at the stranger’s tug, and shakes her head furiously. “I...I can’t, I’m too bad...” Sakura heard her saying. She is now waving her hand in refusal as well.

 

Ah...her voice is so cute and fluffy.

 

“Come on...don’t be shy!” Eunbi mumbles something else she can’t hear. She has started her big sister act and extended a hand.

 

The girl seems to have said something that caused her Unnie to straighten herself up and look serious.

 

“Ah...Konichiwa---ehh-em--- Hitomi… Hitomi-chan! Eh...With you I meet, so happy!” Oh, so Eunbi was trying her best to recall the language her two sisters speak because that girl is Japanese too? Whenever she does that, she looks so cute with her baby speak and high pitched voice. Eun-chan ne? Sakura thinks to herself and laughs.

 

Hitomi looks grateful and seems warmed up by the act. Eunbi then starts doing a roll and flick along with the music as she breaks into the dance floor. “Don’t be shy, let’s do it together!”

 

With the encouragement and the example that is set by Eunbi, a few people joined the dance floor, which has long

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter