Let's Go Home!

The Happily-Ever-After Miyawaki family
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Wonnie I’m on the subway now, you can eat first if you’re hungry!”

 

“Okay, be careful Kkura.”

 

“I’ll be home soon babe~”

 

The Miyawaki couple prefer phone calls over text messages, for they can hear each other’s voice. 

 

Sometimes little Miyawaki will join when Hyewon passes the phone to him and tells him to “talk to daddy”, he will babble whatever consonants and vowels he has learnt from the TV shows he usually watches together with his mommy. 

 

Today however, he was too occupied with the Chibi Maruko-chan on the television. He sat on the couch with his favourite puppy plushie in his hand while Maru-chan leaned his head on little Yujin’s short legs, leisurely swaying his tail while staring at the moving pictures on the television. 

 

Hyewon was holding the baby with a palm supporting his tummy all the time to help him sit upright and to prevent him from falling off the couch. She patted him gently to get his attention. 

 

“Yujinie, let’s go to fetch daddy~” 

 

Little Yujin whined when Hyewon switched off the television. 

 

He pointed at the screen then turned to Hyewon, “Aahdshdjfh!”

 

“No babe,” Hyewon took the puppy plushie away from his hand, “daddy is coming back.”

 

She put on a small blue jacket for Yujin which is his favourite, then grabbed her phone and purse before leaving the house with little Yujin in her arms. 

 

“Maru-chan, we’ll be back soon~” 

 

Okay. He waved a goodbye with his tail.

 

 

 

It was already 8pm but Tokyo’s streets are never dark. 

 

The neon lights from the signboards amused little Yujin who rarely visits the streets at night. 

 

Vending machines on the pedestrian walkways caught his attention several times. The buttons glowing in blue light interests him. 

 

“Ashfdjsd” He patted Hyewon’s shoulder clumsily. 

 

“You want that?” 

 

“Aaa” 

 

“Ask your dad later” 

 

Hyewon heaved a sigh of relief as he was immediately distracted by a police car which passed by. Looks like she’ll have to avoid from running into any other vending machines from now on but, that’s near to impossible in Tokyo. 

 

 

The station was crowded with people back from work. Their walking paces pictured their eagerness of going home to their beloved lover and kids. 

 

It was really hard to spot a specific person in the busy station. However

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter