The Pillar

The Happily-Ever-After Miyawaki family
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A day without Sakura is torturous.

 

He had to return to the office today. 

 

 

“I will be back as soon as I can Wonnie~” 

 

I know I shouldn’t be so clingy but-

 

 

Hyewon almost teared up waking up without having him in sight this morning. 

 

She suppressed her strong urge to FaceTime with him, knowing that he might be in the middle of meeting. 

 

[Kkura, where are you?]

[I miss you.]

[So much.]

 

The clock was ticking, his status remained offline. 

 

She sulkily grabbed his pillow and hugged it tightly, as if he’s in her embrace.

 

“Kkura…”

 

 

 

 

 

“…noted, we will execute the project according to our initial plan.” Sending off the client, Sakura heaved a sigh of relief. That client was the key to one of the most important projects of the company so even the slightest mistakes are intolerable.

 

He slumped against his chair, “Let me text my Won- oh Wonnie”

 

[Wonnie babe I’m in the office] 

[I miss you too babe.]

[And our baby boy.] 

[I will come back ASAP babe.]

[Meanwhile you can play some games or watch anime, don’t do any chores! I will do it once I’m home :D]

[Ttyl babe, love you both <3]

 

Days in the office were always restless, he had many progress to catch up with. 

 

Nonetheless, he was grateful for it, for he could spend more time with his wifey.

 

 

 

 

30 minutes away from lunch break. She hopped on the Asakusa Line. It wasn’t packed, but there were no vacant seats. 

 

Just a stone’s throw away, it’s fine. 

 

She spaced out looking at the views from the windows. 

Suddenly, an adorable little boy with an oversized yellow hat pulled the edge of her dress to get her attention. 

 

The little boy might need some help, she lowered her body to hear him. 

 

“Sit, sit.” The little boy dragged her by her finger to a vacant seat. He pointed at it and insisted her to take the seat. 

 

The initiative melted her heart. She patted his hat gently, “Thank you little Luffy.” 

 

 

 

 

“Miyawaki-san, would you like to have lunch with us? We are going for some tonkotsu ramen!”

 

“Oh, thanks for inviting but I’ve got something else to finish off so go ahead and enjoy!”

 

Ramen oh ramen but, well…

 

He took a gulp of his coffee and dived into the piles of documents on his desk again.

 

 

Knock, knock.

 

“Who is it?” His eyes still on the proposal, “Come in, by the way it’s lunch break now you should g-?!” 

 

Sakura literally bounced from his chair. 

He rushed to the figure standing at the door.

 

“Why are you here Wonnie???” 

 

Hyewon broke the hug and lifted a bento box wrapped with cloth in her hand happily, “Your lunch!”

 

He immediately pulled her to the couch in his office while he shut the door. 

 

 

“How did you get here?” He planted a kiss on her cheek. 

 

“The subway.” 

 

He thoroughly examined her body anxiously, “It’s so packed! Did you hurt yourself???”

 

Hyewon caressed his cheeks to calm him down, “Don’t worry Kkura, I avoided the peak hours. Also, ” She chuckled, “there was a little Luffy I met which gave me his seat.”

 

“A cosplayer???” “No no, just a cute little boy with a big yellow hat.”

 

 

 

“You hear that, son?” Sakura lowered his head to her 6-month old baby bump, “Your mommy is praising other kids cute.”

 

Hyewon was about to reach his ear again, “How dare you badmouth me to - mmph.”

 

“W-what happened babe?! You okay????”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter