Chapter 2

Blind Hatred

The bakery was a place where a lot of people went to in the morning. The owners had to work from early morning to provide the store with the needed amount of baked goods. Mad Batter was one of many bakeries in Seoul. It didn't change the fact that every day many people visited it. Jeongyeon and Wonwoo had plenty of work. Though the two never complained about it. They enjoyed the job. The couple created the place themselves and were proud of it. 
The engaged couple was preparing and baking the pastries and loaves of bread together with their employees. Then at 7 a.m., they opened the shop and in a few minutes, the first clients were entering. The owners stayed in the kitchen but sometimes Jeongyeon would work behind the counter. They were opened until they run out of the supplies. There were times when they made more from scratch. 
The two were done with work today at 5 p.m. They decided to take a walk before going home. The couple lived just above the bakery actually.  It was a sunny winter day. January wasn't harsh this year. They were walking hand in hand around the park. Observing nature, that was very much dead at this time of year. Wonwoo glanced at his fiancee and noticed the distant look in Jeongyeon's eyes. He hated to see it. The two met three years ago, in a therapy clinic. The young man went through a trauma of his own. His brother committed suicide four years ago and Wonwoo couldn't accept it. He was falling into depression himself. That was why he decided to seek help. There Jeongyeon was looking to remedy herself. The two fell in love gradually. They had to fix themselves first but when they did no one was second-guessing.
"Shall we take a seat? I think it would feel nice to rest our legs." Wonwoo proposed while gently squeezing the woman's hand. She nodded and the two sat on a nearby bench. 
"Is there something troubling you?" Wonwoo looked at her with soft eyes. He wanted to comfort Jeongyeon. She just stared towards. Though after a while of silence she spoke.
"It's getting close." she didn't have to say anything else. He understood. It was getting close to the anniversary of the fight. She was the one that caused the most damage. She was the one that punched Sana. She was the one that didn't let Sana speak. She remembered everything so vividly, even though it was a few years.
"Jeongyeon, I know what you're thinking. It wasn't your fault." Jeongyeon kept blaming herself. She thinks that it wouldn't have happened if she had just let Sana talk. Of course, she didn't care then. She just. The image of what happened that night just didn't let her live.
"Yeah. But everyone's lives are destroyed now. I should've listened. I shouldn't have punched her." Wonwoo cut her off. He didn't want for Jeongyeon to relive those memories all over again.
"There's no saying what would happen. It could've been worse. You reacted as every friend would. She did what she did and you had just done what you thought would be accurate." Jeongyeon knew that her fiance made a lot of sense. It still didn't stop her thoughts. She hasn't seen any of her friends for five years. She couldn't tell what had happened to them at this time. Well, except for three of them. Nayeon was a movie industry star now, Sana was a successful model, Jihyo was one of the top singers in the country. The rest though. She had no idea. She worried less about the three stars because she had some type of information about them.
"You're right. I just want to see them all again. Make sure they are fine. That their lives weren't ruined. And apologize to Sana." she put her head in her hands. She tried to stop the tears forming in her eyes. Wonwoo put his arm around her.
"I know. But I don't want to apologize to her." he always thought about finding his fiancee's friends. Wonwoo just didn't have the connections to arrange a meeting with the three celebrities. The rest was even more unavailable. 
"Okay. But I promise you, you will meet them again. I'll make sure." Even if he would have to storm into their homes. Jeongyeon couldn't hold her tears anymore and let them fall. The two stayed at the park until she calmed down.

Their apartment was modest. They didn't need much but also couldn't afford many things. Wonwoo prepared warm tea for them and they sat in the living room. The TV was . The couple saw Nyeon's face in the news again. Her new movie just came out and the media won't shut up about it for the next month.
"She looks healthy." Wonwoo noted. Jeongyeon just stared at her old friend, not really listening to the things she was saying. But when she saw the older girl smile, not a fake one, she mirrored the expression.
"She sure does. I'm happy that she could make her dream come true." Jeongyeon couldn't. She dropped her dream of becoming a photographer a long time ago. She just couldn't do it anymore. She had lost her passion for it. Now baking was the thing she enjoyed. Truly.
"Maybe we could go to one of her fan meetings? Wouldn't that be an easy way of seeing her?" Wonwoo glanced at the girl next to him with a sparkle in his eyes. She wondered for a moment and shook her head in the end.
"If she wouldn't be happy about seeing me, I would create trouble for her. It has to be a private meeting." he nodded. At this rate, his fiancee wouldn't reconcile with anyone. They didn't mention the girls or the fight that day anymore. They just went about their evening and night. The two went to sleep early to wake up on time for work. It was like that every day since they opened the bakery. It didn't mean their life was boring. They enjoyed it very much. At least as much as they could. They were getting better for sure but they were still struggling a little.

The studio was completely silent. Even the person sitting behind the desk didn't make any noise. The woman stared at the piece of paper. Half of it was filled with words. It was a new song, one of six that she would include on her album. Jihyo was working alone on five of them and one would be a collaboration. She wanted to convey her feelings through the album. With every possible emotion that kept her company for those five years. 
Her work was interrupted by a phone call. She glanced quickly at the caller id and answered it.
"Hey, something happened?" she was still looking down at the paper, going over the words. She heard some rustling on the other end and assumed Tzuyu put her phone on the counter or something.
"I'm going to the vet with Gucci. She has something stuck in her paw." Tzuyu sounded distressed. Jihyo could imagine Tzuyu frantically running around the house, trying to gather every necessary thing.
"Oh, poor baby. Did you give her a snack? Should I call the vet to let him know you're coming? He'll check up on Gucci immediately." she heard some rummaging and a few barks. She wished she could be there with Tzuyu. She was definitely panicking and Jihyo just wanted to calm her down. 
"No. It's not really a life-threatening situation. It'll be fine. Though I'm pretty concerned. She's hurt and she'll feel pain for a few days after." Tzuyu's voice was breaking. She was definitely crying. Jihyo sighed softly. She just wanted to hug Tzuyu and wipe her tears. But she had to sit in the studio.
"Hey, Tzuyu. Gucci will be fine because she has the best mom in the world. You will lessen her pain." Jihyo reassured her. Tzuyu stayed silent for a moment. She was thinking of the correct reply. Though one was forcing itself out.
"She has two moms." Jihyo heard and giggled softly. "I know. Okay, I'm sorry for interrupting your work. I just needed to hear your voice." Jihyo's heart clenched at those words. Tzuyu always did it. It was unintentional but it still made Jihyo feel awful.
"You didn't interrupt me. When I'll get home we'll eat some takeout and shower Gucci with love. Update me when you're going to be done." Tzuyu took a deep breath. She had to stop doing it to them. She should just act as Jihyo told her to. 
"Okay. Take care, Jihyo. I'll see you tonight." and Tzuyu ended the call.
The two had the strangest relationship. After the fight, Jihyo woke up and in her room, Tzuyu was sitting next to the bed. Her head was resting on the free space next to the older's body. She found it strange. But her mother said that Tzuyu was concerned about her. That was why she came early. Jihyo didn't understand why. But she was happy that Tzuyu was there. When the younger woke up they locked eyes and embraced each other tightly. Tears running down their cheeks, violently.
They were inseparable since then. There was something between them that they tried to ignore. It wasn't just because they were scared of those feelings. Jihyo had a contract. She could not date anyone for four years and it had been only two since her debut. That was the main reason for her to keep their relationship platonic. Tzuyu couldn't do much with it. She understood why the older couldn't date. She was ready to wait for the day they could be together. She waited in high school, she could wait then. Well, they lived in one house and owned a dog. They were like a couple already. Just the most they were able to do was cuddling and look at each other lovingly. The singer didn't even want to sleep in the same bed, as it would be too tempting. 
The two were able to move on after the fight thanks to going through it all together. Being there when the times were bad. They could say that their life was happy. It didn't change the fact that they were still troubled. They lost all contact with their friends. Jihyo was a famous singer but she still could not reach Nayeon or Sana. Mostly out of fear but also because the two were busy as much as she was. Maybe one day they would have that occasion. Tzuyu was studying to become a vet. She still had a year to go and then she can start working. Jihyo was glad Tzuyu could do what she loved. Helping animals. She also achieved her dreams. They often wondered if the rest was as lucky. 
Her manager walked inside the studio, with a huge grin. He sat next to her and puffed his chest proudly.
"Guess who is going to collaborate with *Black Swan*?" he smirked when Jihyo's eyes got big. The Black Swan might've been the best writer of the past two years. Jihyo loved all the songs that were written by the Black Swan. Collaborating with someone like that was every singers' dream.
"You're joking? She actually agreed?" he nodded enthusiastically. Jihyo put her hands over her opened mouth.
"There were no problems, actually. We got an answer just now and she voiced her excitement. She can't wait to meet you. She said she's your fan." The Black Swan was her fan? Jihyo fell in love with the songwriter's songs from the first one the woman wrote. She was keeping up with every update and listened to her songs daily. The singer squealed like a teenage girl and shook her hands. Her manger laughed and patted her on the shoulder. 
"Oh my god! I can't believe it. It's my biggest accomplishment. Thank you Mark." Jihyo threw herself at the man. He reciprocated the hug. 
"I just send the email. She agreed because of your talented . How are the other songs?" She showed him all the finished ones and the half-done one. "I think it's going to be your best album. A very meaningful one." she hummed in agreement. 
"I hope to share all those feelings with my fans." Jihyo's day became much better after that.

Tzuyu drove right back home after the vet took care of Gucci's paw. It wasn't serious, fortunately. The small dog had a bandage on the place of the injury. Tzuyu spoiled her pet for the rest of the day. She was lonely in the big house. Gucci brought her a lot of happiness. But it was a dog. No matter how much the girl loved the dog, it couldn't replace someone else in her heart. Jihyo was extremely busy. She was home late every day and left for work early as well. Sometimes before Tzuyu even woke up. Many times Tzuyu was already asleep when the older came home. Being a singer was her dream but it took most of her life. Perhaps, it would've been easier if Tzuyu wasn't in love with Jihyo. She missed the other even though she was still here. She wanted those two years to go by very fast. Then they will be able to be together. The singer will have more time for her. But Tzuyu always tried to tell herself that she waited since they were in high school so she could wait some more.
Tzuyu couldn't help one thought. That Jihyo was avoiding her. That she was trying to push Tzuyu away and somehow magically make her fall out of love. The thing was you couldn't fall out of love. Those actions were only hurting both of them. Today, Tzuyu clung to one thing. That takeout and a peaceful time spend together. 
As she promised at around 9:30 Jihyo came home. With a full bag of their favorite takeout. Gucci greeted the older girl with happy barking. The dog run, limping, to her owner and got picked up. Jihyo hugged the tiny dog gently. 
"Hey, baby. I heard you hurt yourself. I brought you some treats for you." she put Gucci on the floor and took out biscuits from her bag. Jihyo opened them and gave one to the happy dog. Patting her head as the final greeting.
Tzuyu was observing the whole, leaning on the doorway. Moments like this were the most precious to her. The moments where they were a joyful family. Jihyo noticed her friend and smiled warmly at her. She stood up and walked over with food in hand. When she reached her destination, Jihyo hugged Tzuyu. It ended too quickly for both of their likings. 
"Welcome home. How was your day?" Tzuyu took the bag and went inside the kitchen to place the dishes on plates. Jihyo watched her leave before heading for the stairs.
"It was better than I thought it'll be. Let me go to the bathroom real quick and I will tell you all about it." Jihyo disappeared upstairs. 
Tzuyu took everything to the living room and settled on the couch. Gucci came over and she took the dog on it as well. She nestled herself next to her owner. It was between Jihyo and Tzuyu. That's the way they always sat. Jihyo's footsteps echoed throughout the silent house. She went inside the living room and jumped on the spacious sofa. And so they started eating. 
"So, the best thing in the world happened today." Jihyo was talking with full and Tzuyu giggled at this. She found it endearing. But there wasn't a thing Tzuyu didn't find endearing about Jihyo. 
"I can tell. You're glowing." Jihyo grinned even wider. This really was the best thing that could have happened. And she felt like a teenage girl that was about to meet her idol.
"Okay. I'm still so giddy. I will be collaborating with *Black Swan*" she squealed. Tzuyu felt joy spread inside of her. Jihyo was the songwriter's biggest fan. Tzuyu liked her songs a lot as well but she couldn't get on Jihyo's level. 
"That's really the best thing that has ever happened. Is she going to help you with this album?" Jihyo nodded and put another spoonful of rice in . Tzuyu scratched Gucci on her head and waited for an answer.
"We'll write the title track together. Just the thought of meeting her makes me so happy but nervous at the same time. What if I make a total fool of myself?" Tzuyu had a little problem with understanding Jihyo's words. Fortunately, she put it all together. Tzuyu started to understand Jihyo like that. As Jihyo talked with full a lot.
"You could never make a fool of yourself. You are the most well-organized and conscious person I know. She'll be awed. You'll see after you'll be done, she'll be your biggest fan." Jihyo smiled thankfully at her friend and squeezed her hand. Only for a moment. Though she wanted to keep holding it. 
"Thank you. Anyway, what the vet said?" at the mention of the vet Gucci moved a little as if she understood the question. Tzuyu and Jihyo giggled a little.
"It was pretty deep but it's not serious. The wound will heal in a week. We'll have to change the dressing every day too." Tzuyu explained, scratching the small dong behind the ear. Gucci relaxed from the gesture. 
"I'm relieved. Our baby is strong, eh?"  Jihyo mirrored the action. It was a moment they didn't want to get out of. It always felt like they were already married and had a kid. But it was only Tzuyu's dream. 
"Do you think that Mina still has Ray?" this was random. The situation with Gucci just made Tzuyu go back with her memories. The two didn't talk much about their old friends. It still hurt. But as it was nearing the anniversary, their minds were full of these thoughts.
"I'm sure she does. How could she go without her ray of sunshine." they both smiled at the mention of the origin of the dog's name. That's how Mina named him. The dog gave her so much joy then. And Tzuyu definitely didn't want that joy to disappear.
"He's probably a grandpa now." Jihyo laughed at the comment. 
"Do you think that she got him a friend?" Tzuyu gave it a little thought and nodded. Mina loved animals as much as Tzuyu. So it was obvious she would get another pet.
"Probably. Though, not necessarily another dog. Just some other pet. I miss them." Tzuyu ended in a weak voice. She slumped on the sofa.
"Me too." Jihyo wished she could reach their old friends so badly. Even though she was famous she didn't get a special privilege that helped her with reconciling with old friends. She had to actually do it herself. Actually, face them all. Face Sana. And after all that Sana did, Jihyo wasn't thrilled about meeting her. The two finished their dinner mostly in silence. They prepared themselves for bed. In separate bathrooms. Both were lost in thought. Jihyo heard Tzuyu go inside her room earlier than her. When she exited, Jihyo stopped in front of Tzuyu's bedroom. She was considering walking in and spending the night there. Just holding Tzuyu close. She went to her room instead. She couldn't do it. She was scared. That she would confess her love and it would lead to them settling it. But in the morning Jihyo would have to break it all up. Because she had a ban and she would get kicked out of the company for breaking the rules. Her managers were monitoring her. One even lived with them. She was at her home then though, as it was weekend. They would know if she started dating. There would be no mercy and it would definitely end up in the media. The whole world finding out that she is gay and she had zero respect for work ethic. She fell asleep with trouble, after three hours of tossing around in bed. Unaware that the other girl was in a similar situation.

Tzuyu was getting bored in the huge house and took Gucci for a walk. She was done with classes for that day but it was just nearing 2 p.m. She didn't have a set destination. She let the little dog lead her. Tzuyu was observing the busy life of the city. People were rushing or just walking slowly engrossed in a conversation. They were all interacting without a shame publicly. Something the Tzuyu wanted to experience again. She could talk with Jihyo only inside of their house and she was close to only a handful of people at her Uni. She mostly chatted with them online. She felt lonely, even if Gucci was there for her all the time. It was just that, a dog couldn't replace another human. Jihyo tried to spend time with her as much time as possible. But obviously, it was not that much. She couldn't do anything though, so she just went along with it. 
The day was quite cold and when Tzuyu woke up from her thoughts she realized that her body was trembling. She took Gucci in her arms and held her close to keep the small dog warm.
"Are you cold, baby? Should we come inside some cafe?" She looked around and the street wasn't full of places to stop at. Fortunately, there was a bakery. She hoped there would be a place to sit and wait until she and Gucci got warm. The doorbell rang when she walked in. Tzuyu left her dog outside to ask if she could enter with a pet. There were a few people and there were little tables scattered around. She moved to the counter and stood in line. She was glancing through the big window to keep an eye on Gucci. And soon was her turn.
"Welcome to the Mad Batter. How may I help you?" the girl behind the counter smiled at Tzuyu. Well, she was nice. Perhaps, she would be able to stay there. She mirrored the girl's smile and gestured outside. The lady followed her gaze.
"Could I possibly take my dog inside? We were walking for quite a while and she's freezing. I will buy something and keep her in my lap on a leash. She's well behaved and doesn't bark." The assistant giggled shyly. She looked at Gucci one more time and sighed.
"Of course. Get settled in. I tell my boss about it just so she knows. I will take your order after." She disappeared through the door. Tzuyu went outside and took the little baby in her hands to finally give her warmth. She chose one of the tables and put her bag there. Then headed back to the counter to order some baked goods. And she was glad they also had hot drinks. She chose some cookies for herself and hot chocolate. She decided to take a creampuff for Jihyo, she didn't have an opportunity to eat one recently. 
"Aww, she's so tiny. How adorable." The assistant startled her a little. She was leaning on the counter and staring at the dog. 
"You can pet her." The girl did just that, as soon as she got permission. Gucci leaned for more pats and the assistant giggled happily.
"What's her name?" That was embarrassing actually. 
"Gucci." The lady giggled sweetly at the information. She glanced up at Tzuyu.
"That's a fancy name for a fancy dog like her. I like it." She petted the dog a few more times and then got back to her job. "So, what can I get you?" Tzuyu answered without a thought, as she prepared it already. The girl told her to sit and she would bring her things soon. Tzuyu took out her phone as she was waiting. She opened her messages and checked on Jihyo's. The singer texted her that she would be late. Nothing new. She didn't want to spend another night alone in a huge house. She put her phone down and buried her face on one of her hands. The other was scratching Gucci. The sound of things being put on the table earned her attention. The assistant sat across from her and looked concerned.
"Is everything okay? I mean, I noticed it the moment you walked in. Not that I've been watching you or anything. But you look upset. It's saddening. Why would you want to talk with a girl from the bakery though? I'm sorry, I won't bug you anymore. Enjoy." The lady rambled on and didn't give the other time to reply. Tzuyu held her wrist before the girl could get far. She gulped. What was this girl honestly? She was pretty weird. But Tzuyu decided that she liked her.
"Thank you. I am upset." Her bluntness strikes again. The other nodded and sat down again. "I'm Tzuyu." She extended her hand and waited for a response. It came fast.
"I'm Somi." The shorter girl grinned. How was she so full of joy? "Why are you so upset? I'm a really good listener. You know. It's not like I'm bragging or anything." Tzuyu burst out laughing. This girl is something else. She was saying it all unconsciously and it made it even more charming. "That's a really nice sound. Your laugh I mean." Okay, she was totally flirting with her. It's not bad, though. Tzuyu had many admirers but they never were so smooth unintentionally. 
"I heard that before." The other's smile dropped and Tzuyu had to giggle again. Somi just rolled her eyes. Tzuyu didn't mind getting attention. She felt lonely the whole day and Somi made her feel like she actually existed.
"That wasn't our subject." Somi defended herself. She didn't know one thing about Tzuyu but she wanted to know more. And she just hated that lonely look in Tzuyu's eyes.
"I'm lonely." Was all she said. She was understood judging by the look on the girl's face.
"Are you like lonely because you don't anyone or you have but just it's not it?" The future Vet felt like it's both. She stayed silent for a few seconds. She couldn't tell this person everything, nonetheless, she needed to get this out of her.
"Both? If it makes sense." Somi nodded and hummed. "I have Gucci here and my close friend. We live together but I see her for like two hours a day, on average. She's that busy. I lost all the other friends and it's hard for me to find new ones. I'm blunt and never lie, so I'm seen as rude a lot of the time." Somi gasped offended. She widened her eyes. How would someone say that Tzuyu was rude? Somi might've known her for around 20 minutes but she could tell when a person was good.
"You are not rude. I have made a fool of myself and you've been kind to me." Tzuyu smirked at that. If it was someone else she wouldn't say anything but she liked this girl.
"Maybe I find it cute. Who knows?" The assistant got bashful at the comment and lowered her head. Tzuyu just smiled. She could never say things like that to Jihyo. She would get scolded. And it was the last thing she wanted.
"Well, I'm flattered." She cleared . "I think you need someone else in your life. It seems like your friend focuses too much on her work. Like I get it but taking a bit of rest and spending time with your friends is just as important." She paused and glanced at Gucci, who was sitting in Tzuyu's lap like an angel. "So, let's go out." The future Vet was impressed at how this girl changed from bashful to confident in such a short amount of time. Maybe it was the charm of the day or Tzuyu's longing to be close to someone that made her agree to this.
"Don't you have work?" Somi took off her uniform and looked innocently at the taller girl. Tzuyu shook her head but a smile decorated her face.
"I'm done now. So, you eat and drink and we are going somewhere else." Was that a question or a statement? Tzuyu raised her brow at the actions of the newfound friend.
" You shouldn't flirt so easily with strangers." She teased and honestly expected for the girl to get shy again, she didn't.
"You shouldn't fall for people that flirt with you so easily." Somi leaned forward with a smug face. She would have a lot of fun with her, wouldn't she?

Tzuyu perhaps just had the best day in her life for a while. Somi did everything to make her laugh and talk. They went to different places after dropping Gucci at home. Tzuyu was glad the other didn't ask about her house. She looked curious. She only questioned about her profession. Saying she must be a model with her godlike appearance. Somi didn't overdo it with the flirting. Tzuyu felt appreciated and good with attention. Somehow it all felt genuine. Tzuyu liked this hyper girl, to be frank. It was hard for her to open up but Somi was able to make her feel comfortable. She insisted on escorting her home, maybe she was counting on a further invitation. Well, not in that way. Or just wanted to make sure Tzuyu will be safe. They had said their goodbyes and Somi made sure to invite her to the bakery again. Tzuyu just smiled and went inside without replying. She knew Somi only grinned and left, she saw it from the window.
Jihyo came back around 1 a.m. She was exhausted and just wanted to see Tzuyu and cuddle with her in the best scenario. Tzuyu was asleep already though. Tzuyu waited for Jihyo to get back on most nights, so she might've gotten a little greedy. She just took Gucci with her to bed and rested like that. When she woke up Tzuyu was still sleeping. She didn't want to wake her up, so she left after saying goodbye to Gucci. She left a note for Tzuyu though. Just to make her smile, at least a little. She would meet the Black Swan today and the majority of her focus went there. 
Tzuyu came back to the Mad Batter again after her classes ended. She was in a good mood after yesterday and reading the little note form Jihyo. She had a good feeling about this day. Somi, of course, was standing behind the counter serving all the customers with the same bright smile. When it was Tzuyu's turn she smiled smugly.
"So, you do like me." Tzuyu raised her eyebrow and pretended not to know what was she talking about.
"I wouldn't go ahead of myself if I were you." Somi just giggled at her reply. They didn't have a chance to say anything else because the door to the back opened and someone came out. Somi stiffened at the presence and made sure to occupy herself with the counter. Albeit, Tzuyu didn't notice the action. She stared at the woman with wide eyes. Being at a loss for words. The other caught her gaze and dropped the tray when she recognized the tall girl. The assistant was quick to help get it up and was confused at the weird atmosphere.
"Jeongyeon?" Tzuyu barely got it out. was squeezed and her eyes were stinging from the tears multiplying in her eyes. The girl in front was still frozen. "Jeongyeon." After the second try, Jeongyeon snapped out of the trance.
"That's unbelievable. Tzuyu. Oh my god." Jeongyeon couldn't hold her tears anymore and just broke down. It was just them in there. Somi crouched and held her boss in her arms. Tzuyu dared to walk around the counter and kneeled before Jeongyeon. She reached with her hands and put them on the other's face. Her face was getting wet from her own tears.
"Jeongyeon. It's okay. Please don't cry. I don't want you to be sad." She tried her best to cheer the other up. The door opened again and a man sprinted out. Pushing the two girls away. He embraced his fiancee tightly and caressed her hair. Tzuyu could only watch. She felt an arm sneaking around her torso. Somi got closer to her and wanted to comfort her. She let her.
The next half an hour was awkward. The four of them sat at one of the tables and kept quiet. They weren't sure what to say. Tzuyu was gathering her thoughts. If Jihyo were there, she would have handled it so much better. 
"It's nice to finally meet one of Jeongyeon's friends. I'm Wonwoo, her fiancee." Tzuyu was shocked at the sudden voice but also at the information. She bowed respectfully.
"Likewise. I'm Tzuyu. It's surprising. I mean, that we met." She glanced at Jeongyeon who was actually staring at her with disbelief in her eyes. It was a very unreal situation. Tzuyu didn't expect that she would meet one of her friends so easily.
"So, you are friends? That is amazing." Somi joined in with a bright smile. "You have so much to tell the other. That might be the best day ever." She was right. Tzuyu was waiting for a moment like this for five years and it happened. She was overwhelmed with emotions but they were all good.
"Jeongyeon. Can we talk? I missed you a lot. I've been waiting for something like this." Jeongyeon averted her gaze and directed it at Wonwoo, who nodded at her. She looked back with a small smile.
"I missed you too. I was wondering every day what happened to all of you. I just couldn't reach you." Tzuyu grinned at her and grasped her hand.
"It's okay. I think we all felt the same. Just wait until Jihyo sees you. She will lose it." Jeongyeon perked up at the mention of her friend. It was all because Jihyo got hurt that day. Jeongyeon imagined that Jihyo must've felt awful as well about what happened.
"You are still friends? That's great news. I'm so glad you weren't alone." That was quite ironic. She didn't want to worry Jeongyeon though, so she just nodded. They continued to talk happily, with much passion. Wonwoo was moved. His fiancee didn't smile this brightly daily. He was happy and relieved. They made plans on meeting with Jihyo. Jeongyeon knew Jihyo was busy. That was why they tried to arrange a night date. Tzuyu invited Wonwoo as well, as he was Jeongyeon's family. Somi said it was not her place but she was happy for them all and that she would be always there for them. It truly was a magical time.

Jihyo was waiting nervously in her studio together with her manager. The Black Swan would be there very soon. She couldn't wait. She would meet her idol. Someone she looked up to. The door finally opened and the two present got up. 
"There's a clear path, miss. Come inside." the assistant informed the woman outside. They heard a few bumps and saw a stick. Interesting. 
"Thank you for guiding me, sir. I hope I wasn't a pain." The singer froze. There was no mistake. She knew that voice. That voice brought so many memories, so much comfort. 
"Of course not." And he left. The manager walked up to the songwriter.
"Welcome! It's an honor. I'm Mark. Jihyo, come and greet our friend." But she couldn't. How was that possible? Mark noticed her weird behavior and laughed awkwardly. Mina wasn't supposed to be a writer. What happened?
"I get it. It's been so long, Jihyo. I know you are shocked but I had to take this opportunity to meet you again." Mina was facing the same way as before and hoped it's the correct way. She was waiting patiently for a response. She was getting more anxious with each passing second. Perhaps, it wasn't the best idea? Maybe it was too early. Suddenly, she heard a movement. She was in front of her. Jihyo took her hands and put them on her face. It surprised Mina, only for a few seconds. Then she smiled and started feeling her friend's face. Her smile getting bigger with every touch.
"You look the same. Big eyes and fluffy cheeks. I'm getting self-conscious. I hope I look half as good as you." The singer brushed her tears away and grinned. The girl in front of her is the same girl from high school. The same gummy smile. The charming moles. The same way of speaking. And the awkward giggle after she said something.
"You're beautiful Mina. I'm sorry, I was stunned when I heard your voice. I can't believe it's you." She took their hands down and let go of Mina's hands.
"I love your music. I finally gathered my courage and reached out. I was worried for a second though." Jihyo was looking at the sunglasses on Mina's face. Why was she wearing them? She took her arm and guided her to a seat. Mark was still at a loss for words at the whole thing. Nonetheless, he sat next to them and listen further.
"I adore your songs, Mina. I'm literally your biggest fan. I was waiting for this for so long. I'm glad you decided to do it. Also, these short hair suit you well, I think Nayeon would call you hot, well, Sana as well." She joked at the end to make the other more comfortable. She got a laugh out of her. Definitely a sound she missed. Mina lowered her head and scratched her head.
"You bet she did." That simple answer got her thinking. She got an idea and had to know. Jihyo and Sana didn't end on good terms but even if she was mad at her, Jihyo didn't want her life to be miserable. So if she was able to see Mina again then Jihyo was glad.
"So you stayed with her after all." Mina expected something like that to happen. They ended up on a very bad note. But she didn't want to fight with Jihyo. This was supposed to be an opportunity for them to reconcile.
"Of course I did. I wouldn't have left her." The manager was looking nervously around the room. He didn't like the sudden heavy atmosphere. He got up from his chair and told them he would leave them to talk. Jihyo didn't pay much attention to him. She was piercing Mina with her big eyes. Mina really still defended Sana. Jihyo couldn't understand it then and she still couldn't comprehend it.
"Why are you still with her? You know what she did. You can be understanding to a point Mina." Mina was glad she couldn't see Jihyo's expression. It would've been harder to talk that way. She had to explain everything then. She couldn't let Jihyo still believe in the misinformation. 
"Listen, Jihyo. Sana didn't know it would be like that. Those people lied to her. You should have let her explain back then." Her voice was quiet. She didn't want to guilt-trip Jihyo but somehow it felt like something that would make Jihyo think rationally. The silence in the room didn't tell Mina anything. She couldn't blame Jihyo for that though. It was new information that changed the entire situation.
"Lied to her? What did they tell her? That they will just use those photos for memes?" Mina felt really frustrated. She thought her word would be enough. She never lied. Then why wasn't Jihyo believing her? Sana didn't mean to cause harm. 
"Why aren't you believing me? Why would I lie to you? Sana didn't know this would happen." Mina heard Jihyo stand up abruptly. It wasn't a pleasant sound to her sensitive ears. But also she didn't like the fact Jihyo had got up. She could sense she was towering over her. It made Mina feel anxious.
"I am not saying you are lying. I am saying that Sana is. Did you forget this wasn't the only thing she did? She slept with about half of the girls in our high school and a lot of them actually liked her Mina. She didn't care though." Mina stiffened a bit after hearing this. But for a second. Because after that she got up as well. It startled Jihyo a little. She couldn't read Mina at that moment.
"I understand you are upset, Jihyo. But this is not how I thought you would think. I have told you the truth and you are acting like an immature teenager again. I was very happy about meeting you but I can't say I am anymore. I will send you the lyrics soon so you can check it. And maybe you can think about your behavior right now." Jihyo was completely paralyzed. Mina wasn't getting angry, ever. So it was a whole new experience for her. But even though Mina was angry her words weren't dumb. She was talking with sense. Mina wanted to leave but she didn't know where the door was actually. So she stayed in her spot. The two of them just stood there in silence. Both thinking.
"I am sorry. If there is someone I should trust it's you. It was just a ed up situation. I don't actually think Sana was a ." Mina didn't expect to hear an apology. Her words must've hit Jihyo hard. But it felt like a good start. Well, Sana would probably not be thrilled about this but if Jihyo truly apologized to her it should be fine.
"Thank you. It was very unfair and disgusting. I always prayed for Dahyun's wellbeing. Actually for all of you. And I know you didn't mean to imply that Sana was a . She isn't like that anymore. I actually think she had a reason to act like that then. And I am not trying to justify her actions because I also kept telling her to stop." Jihyo nodded and could only hear sincerity. She could tell Mina cared for Sana very much. Definitely more than the rest of them. Jihyo couldn't do anything else but trust Mina. She never wanted their group to break apart. She still loved those girls. She realized then that she left Mina without an answer and quickly made up for that.
"I trust you. I want our group to be back. And I want to talk to Sana about what had happened. I promise I will listen to her and won't judge her too quickly." Mina finally smiled softly. It was all she needed. But she still had to warn Jihyo that it wouldn't be easy to talk to Sana. Mina hoped that Sana would warm up to Jihyo just like she did to Nayeon and Momo. But those were two different cases. Nayeon and Momo didn't say or do much back then. But Jeongyeon, Jihyo, and Chaeyoung did. Nayeon was also angry but she decided to comfort Dahyun more than anything. Tzuyu was just watching everything from the side with fear in her eyes. But she didn't side with anyone. Which was probably wise. And poor Momo had to pick between the best friend and her girlfriend. Mina didn't hold a grudge with anyone. Sana did. And it was understandable. Mina still hoped though that Sana would forgive everyone after the truth was revealed.
"Thank you, Jihyo. It's all I can ask for. But I need to warn you that it won't be easy to talk to Sana. You will have to give some effort into this." Jihyo wanted to nod again but stopped herself and put her hand on Mina's shoulder.
"Okay, it's understandable. I will try my best. Let's get our group back."