Chapter 4

Blind Hatred

Mina didn't remember a day when she slept through the whole night. And it wasn't because Momo was snoring every night. She actually didn't mind the snores. The two of them had been roommates for 2 years after all. The main reason for Mina's sleepless nights was a girl leaving in the room on the other side of the hallway. She couldn't sleep before Sana. So she was just lying in her bed while playing on her phone. Until she received a call from Sana. She went out of her room without answering. Once she was outside, she the light in the hallway and waited in front of the door. And she prayed that it wasn't anything terrible. She hoped Sana would come out of her room and ask her for a walk. 
Soon the door opened and Sana walked outside shyly. After one glance it was obvious why she was very hesitant. She looked distraught. Which wasn't a new sight to Mina. And yet it still hurt her.
"What's wrong?" Sana bit her lower lip and played with her hands a bit. Mina waited for Sana's explanation in silence. She didn't want to force her in any way.
"I had a nightmare. Can you sleep with me?" Mina didn't hesitate with her answer. She got closer to Sana and grasped her hand. Sana looked up at her and saw a bright smile.
"Of course." Sana smiled back at Mina and led them into her room. Her roommate Eunha was thankfully asleep and she wouldn't make fun of Sana. She silently got in her bed and moved all the way to the wall. Mina got in right after and observed Sana. The girl was acting really awkward. So Mina reached out under the duvet for Sana's hand and held it again. 
"I am sure the nightmare won't appear again. You can relax and try to go back to sleep. I am going to be here the whole time." Sana knew that. Mina always stayed. Since they met 2 years ago. Mina was always there for Sana. and she doubted anyone else would have been able to calm her down. Mina was one in a kind. And Sana was scared of that. Nonetheless, she looped her arms around Mina's arm and closed her eyes. Mina started humming a soothing song and it made Sana feel safe. She held onto Mina and listened to her calming humming but not for as long as she would like to. Sleep took over her quickly and she couldn't savor the moment for as long as she wanted. Mina opted not to sleep that night. She might've told Sana she wouldn't get another nightmare but how could she know if it was true? She had to be ready to calm Sana if another nightmare would terrify her. So she just busied herself with her phone. 
Mina felt anxious every time Sana moved even a little. And when it became brighter she just looked at Sana. She just wanted to save the image of Sana in her mind forever. She wanted to see Sana even when she wouldn't be able to see anything soon. Her sight was already bad. But she still could see everything with correct glasses. And even though she knew she was going to lose her sight in a few years. And she had the time to prepare. She was still scared of it.
"Why are you sleeping with glasses on?" Mina immediately moved her gaze to a still sleepy Eunha. Sana's roommate was a lovely girl. She didn't mind Mina staying in their room so many times and was even staying up with them. 
"I wasn't sleeping. Though I see that you slept well." Eunha frowned but decided not to comment. But she felt bad for Mina. Sana was using her kindness too much. Even if they were best friends.
"Sana shouldn't make you lose your sleep." Mina smiled softly at Eunha and watched the girl walk to the bathroom. "But it's obvious how much you love her. She is lucky to have you." Eunha went inside the bathroom and left Mina in silence. Mina usually enjoyed the silence but not that time. She didn't want to wake Sana up though. But Mina didn't wake her up for another reason. She wanted to have Sana all for herself that day. Because the previous day, like many others, Sana spent time with a different girl. And she tried to ignore the hickey on Sana's neck. Because Sana wasn't hers. Nor anyone else's.


"I won't meet them. Go alone if you crave to meet them so much. You can see your favorite person again." Mina expected that reaction. Sana was going off for a few minutes. All it took was Mina mentioning that she met Jihyo. She wasn't angry at Sana though. She had the right to be furious with all of them. 
"Jihyo said that she will listen to you. You talk with Nayeon and Momo again. Why don't you give Jihyo and Tzuyu a chance?" Sana loved that Mina had such a big heart but sometimes it was annoying. And it made Sana feel bad for being so defensive. She just wanted to have a peaceful life without the people that chastized her 5 years ago. 
"It's different. Nayeon and Momo didn't try to kill me and then didn't call me all those names. And before you jump me, yeah, Tzuyu didn't do anything. But that's the point." Mina got up from the chair and got closer to Sana. Sana helped Mina a little by positioning herself in her way. Mina then reached out and put her hands on Sana's shoulders. 
"I know that. I am sorry. I will tell Jihyo that we should wait with the meeting." Sana felt a little guilty after hearing Mina's words. She didn't want to make Mina feel sorry for that. She stared at Mina's wandering eyes and could see sadness. She couldn't believe she would do it. 
"Okay. I will meet them." Mina stayed frozen for a few seconds. Sana agreeing wasn't part of her predictions. But it was definitely a nice surprise. Though it didn't ease her anxiety. She just knew something bad would happen at that meeting. 
"Thank you. I think this will be a big step for us. Jihyo and Tzuyu should know the truth. Nayeon and Momo believed us so why wouldn't they?" Sana put her arms around Mina's waist instead of responding. She didn't want to yell at Mina so she just ended the conversation with a tight hug. She yelled at Mina too many times for her liking. But she couldn't control it well and Mina was the only one she could relieve her anger or frustration on. Sana squeezed Mina one last time and let go. Then she headed to the bathroom. Mina listened to Sana's footsteps and then the door closing. She sighed heavily. She felt hopeless and helpless. And she couldn't even see if Sana was telling the truth. Though Mina had a feeling that Sana wasn't thrilled about the meeting. She would have to ask Momo and Nayeon to go with them. Sana should be calmer that way. Mina's thinking was interrupted by the sound of the lock opening. So she moved towards the front door and waited for the person to enter.
"Good morning, darling. I am glad to see you are up already." Mina smiled at Sana's mother as a greeting. Ms. Minatozaki leaned in and left a kiss on her cheek.
"Good morning. We didn't know you will stop by. We would have prepared tea and lunch." Sana's mom linked their arms together and led them to the kitchen. Mina could hear she was carrying a bag and she hoped it was only food. Once in the kitchen, Ms. Minatozaki let go of Mina and started unpacking the bag. 
"I brought you some of my cooking. You both look like sticks. You should take breaks for eating during your work. Oh, here try this." Mina felt spoon touch her lips so she opened and tasted the food. It was delicious, like everything Sana's mom made. So she smiled.
"It's delicious. Thank you. But we don't always have time for food." Ms. Minatozaki pinched Mina's cheek. Sana's mom was rather peculiar. But Mina thought she was a lovely lady. Maybe a little overbearing but she was just caring for them. 
"Sweetie, don't give me that excuse. I will make lunch boxes for you then and remind you to eat every day." Mina laughed a little but she knew Sana's mom would do it. She already was calling them a few times a day and visited them once a day. It was great for Mina. Her parents were in Japan and she could see them a few times a year. So it was wonderful to have Sana's mom near.
"We don't need this. Mom, don't you have work?" Sana walked into the kitchen and rolled her eyes when she saw all the food her mom brought. She treated them like kids. Sure, Sana loved that her mom was so supportive but she was overbearing. 
"Nonsense. You and Mina are too skinny. I told you, you should have stayed with me. And you wouldn't have to stay in this cold apartment either." Sana bit her tongue before she could speak. She didn't want to fight with her mom. Ms. Minatozaki finished unpacking everything and looked at Sana and Mina. Sana didn't like the smile on her mom's face. 
"Mom, we will leave for work soon." Her mom waved her hands dismissively and put her arms around their shoulders.
"So I have found a great offer. Weekend in Hawaii. We should go together." As soon as Sana's mom said it Mina prayed that Sana would stay quiet. It was just the way she was coping with her divorce. It wasn't easy. And Sana's mom obviously didn't want to be alone. 
"We don't need this. We don't have time." Mina sighed internally. Ms. Minatozaki shook her head. She didn't understand why Sana was being so grumpy. She just wanted to suggest a nice bonding time for them. What was so wrong about it?
"Come on, Sana. Mina always wanted to visit Hawaii. And it will be a great opportunity for both of you to relax. You are so busy all the time." There was a silence after that. And Mina didn't like it. She used to like silence but after losing her sight she started hating it. But the situation also wasn't the best.
"We would like to go. Your mom is right, Sana. Let's go." And it settled the case. Sana couldn't say no to Mina. She also knew that they were right about that. So she agreed.
"Okay. We will go." Ms. Minatozaki clasped her hands and hugged the couple. Sana glanced at Mina and saw a bright smile on her face. And she could only smile affectionately. That trip shouldn't be so bad. If Mina was so happy then it was the best decision.
"Perfect. And how are Nayeon and Momo?" Ms. Minatozaki changed the topic to a havier one. She knew that Sana and Mina met with their old friends several days ago. She wasn't very thrilled about it but she was calmer when she found out Nayeon and Momo apologized. She hoped that they all could really be friends again.
"They will come for dinner tomorrow. You can join us." Ms. Minatozaki's face lit up. She loved it when Sana and Mina invited her somewhere. She hated sitting in her empty house after the divorce and then Sana and Mina moving out. 
"I will come then. I will prepare something." Sana shook her head with a smile. Though she hoped her mother wouldn't say something that would make Nayeon and Momo sad. But with Mina around it was hard to create an unpleasant situation. Hopefully, the meeting with Jihyo and Tzuyu would be just as good.


Jihyo thought about how she would tell Tzuyu about her meeting with Mina. And it turned out that she didn't have to be ready when she came back home. Tzuyu was once again already asleep. Jihyo was glad that Tzuyu was resting well. Though half of her was sad that Tzuyu didn't greet her. And it was the second time. Nonetheless, Jihyo put those thoughts aside. She shouldn't let her feelings cloud her mind. She went upstairs and opened Tzuyu's room. She was lying in her bed with Gucci resting right next to her. Jihyo smiled warmly at the sight and then left. She should just be honest with Tzuyu and tell her about Mina right away. She could already imagine Tzuyu's reaction. She would be overjoyed. But then she remembered they would see Sana as well. Even though Mina told her what happened, Jihyo still felt a little hesitant to meet Sana. Jihyo decided not to worry about that for the night. She made herself comfortable in her bed and waited for sleep to come for her.
She was woken up by her face being attacked by Gucci's tongue. Jihyo tried to push the dog away but she stopped when she heard a sweet giggle. 
"Morning, Jihyo. You overslept. You are lucky my classes don't start until the afternoon." Tzuyu sat on Jihyo's bed and took Gucci in her hands. Jihyo wiped her face with the duvet and then looked at a smiley Tzuyu. It was a wonderful sight but it wasn't usual. Something good must've happened the previous day. 
"Morning. Thank you for waking me up. You look happy." Jihyo commented and got up from her bed. Tzuyu lowered her head but her smile only got bigger. Jihyo felt warm inside because of the sight. She waited for Tzuyu's answer before leaving for the bathroom. And after a moment Tzuyu lifted her head and looked right at Jihyo.
"I met Jeongyeon yesterday." Jihyo froze after hearing the news. Tzuyu knew it would be her reaction. And it became better when a smile crept onto Jihyo's face at last. She sat right next to Tzuyu staring with her big eyes at the girl.
"You met her? Where? Is she okay? Did she recognize you? You are all grown up now after all." Tzuyu laughed at the speed of Jihyo's questions. It was heartwarming to see that Jihyo was so excited about the news. 
"She owns a bakery with her fiancé. Can you believe? She recognized me and we cried for a while. She has long hair now and looks beautiful." Jihyo's smiled become bigger after every word that left Tzuyu's mouth. It was just relieving to hear that their close friend was doing fine. 
"She is engaged? I can't believe it. But it's incredible she was able to open her bakery. You know what? I also met someone yesterday." Tzuyu looked at Jihyo with curiosity. But then she remembered that Jihyo was supposed to meet the Black Swan. And judging from Jihyo's face it went well. 
"Right, you met your idol. How was it?" Jihyo didn't tell her immediately. She wanted to create a moment of anticipation. She watched Tzuyu get more restless and that Gucci even went over to her and her hand.
"It wasn't what I expected. But it was a great surprise. So you met Jeongyeon and I met Mina." Tzuyu seemed not to process what she heard at first. She was sure that she would never see Mina again. She was nowhere to find after all. So meeting her was impossible to Tzuyu. And then Jihyo had told her that she met Mina. Jihyo pulled Tzuyu in when she noticed tears in her eyes. Tzuyu and Mina were inseparable sometimes. It was obvious Tzuyu wanted Mina to stay with them but she respected that she chose to be with Sana. Tzuyu was probably the only one that was never mad at Sana besides Mina. So she didn't mind Mina defended Sana then. Jihyo never understood why though. But she thought it was just because Tzuyu had a big heart. 
"Mina is the Black Swan? Did she look happy? Did she laugh? Is she?" Jihyo patted Tzuyu's head to calm her down. She nodded slowly.
"She looked happy. And she did laugh. And she is blind." Tzuyu nodded with an easy smile until she heard that Mina was blind already. She looked at her hands and tried to think positively about it. Mina always told her not to make a big deal out of her condition. "She wanted to meet us. With Sana." Tzuyu understood where Jihyo's hesitation came from. But Jihyo looked calm. There was no anger in her voice. So Tzuyu believed that the meeting might go okay. 
"Should we all meet then?" Jihyo knew it was a logical thing to do. But not with Sana being there. Jeongyeon would not have it and she was sure Sana also wouldn't be happy. And Jihyo promised Mina that she wouldn't create any drama. 
"I think it's out of the question. Neither Jeongyeon nor Sana will be happy to see each other. We should meet them alone first and then try to get them to meet." Tzuyu nodded. Jihyo was right. So even if she wanted them all to see each other again it wasn't easy yet. 
"Yeah. Do you want to meet Jeongyeon now?" Tzuyu decided to change the subject to something lighter. Getting Sana out of their conversation was the thing to achieve it. And perhaps meeting Jeongyeon first would be less stressful for Jihyo. Jihyo wanted to go but she had work. So she smiled apologetically and got up again. Gucci stood up and observed Jihyo as she walked across the room and then jumped off the bed to stay with her owner. Tzuyu sighed and got up. She knew she would get a negative reply.
"I would love to but I have work. Tell Jeongyeon I will stop by later." Tzuyu rolled her eyes. Jihyo busied herself with picking the outfit and then she went out to go to the bathroom. 
"Yeah. Sure. So I will tell her you won't visit today at all." Gucci looked up at Tzuyu and then brushed against her leg with her body. Tzuyu smiled sadly at the dog and picked it up to hug it. 
"Do you think we will be happy together? Because I start having doubts."


"We don't mind your mom being here. It's just that we have never met her before." Momo tried to explain the hesitation that appeared in their heads after finding out Sana's mother would join them. Sana never really talked about her parents. The only thing they knew about them was that they existed. So meeting Ms. Minatozaki for the first time was a little stressful. Especially, after what happened to them.
"Don't worry. My mom is lovely. Overbearing but lovely. We couldn't tell her not to come. She would start bawling and say that we don't love her after all." Mina hit Sana lightly because she gave too much information at once. Sana realized it and scratched her cheek. Nayeon and Momo stared at them with very confused expressions. It didn't sound good. 
"What Sana meant is that her mom needs emotional support and she gets it by spending time with us. Don't worry." Sana nodded along with Mina's words to further assure that it was alright. Nayeon and Momo relaxed a little after that but they still felt a little nervous. 
"There is also something I wanted to tell you guys." Mina sounded unusually serious. Momo remembered the only time Mina was like that was when she studied back at school. Sana also didn't look thrilled. She had a frown on her face. 
"Sure. Is it something bad?" Nayeon asked and Sana snorted. Mina closed her eyes for a second and then spoke.
"It depends on who you ask. I have met Jihyo. She wants to meet with us. I mean with me and Sana but she would be happy to see you two as well. And Tzuyu would be there as well." Nayeon and Momo would have never guessed they would receive news like that. Though it was happy information they weren't sure how to react. Sana was sitting across from them and wasn't looking at any of them. Jihyo said some things to Sana that were hurtful. But they didn't know then that Sana didn't have anything to do with it. That meeting could either go like theirs or be a complete disaster. 
"It all sounds awesome. We sure want to see them. Damn it was so long." Momo said excitedly and it made Mina smile brightly. She needed someone to be excited. Then the meeting had a chance to go well. Nayeon had to agree with her girlfriend. There was no way she could say no after Momo became so excited. 
"Is it already scheduled?" Mina shook her head as a reply to Nayeon. It would be a little difficult for them to set a meeting with their jobs. So she had agreed with Jihyo that they would talk it out with the others and set the most fitting day and time. 
"We need to pick a day most fitting for all of us. So probably around evening?" Mina didn't hear any answer. Sana rolled her eyes when she saw Nayeon and Momo nod their heads. 
"They agreed." Sana smiled at Nayeon and Momo who realized what they did and had funny expressions on their faces. 
"Of course. I will look into my work schedule and will tell you soon. I wonder if Jihyo is still very small and Tzuyu very tall?" They all giggled at the question. It brought up old memories. The ones that made them feel joy instead of hurt and regret. They were able to gather a lot of wonderful memories during their three years of friendship. 
"I bet they are. Jihyo still looks small on the TV." Sana felt conflicted. She was angry but she enjoyed the talk. But she still had the biggest problem with Jeongyeon and Chaeyoung. They were the only people she didn't want to meet again. And she hoped that those two didn't want to see her again either. There was also Dahyun. Sana wanted to meet her and explain everything. She didn't want any of that to happen. She wasn't thinking then. And she let it happen. 
"I will check if the roast is ready. Can you take care of the table?" Mina stood up and waited for any answer. Nayeon and Momo immediately got up and told Mina that they got it. Mina smiled at them gratefully and moved into the kitchen. Sana took a deep breath and went after Mina. She still didn't want to stay alone with Nayeon and Momo. She felt awkward. Mina heard Sana's footsteps but didn't comment. She understood Sana. But it still made her feel concerned. She was worried that the whole plan to bring them all back would backfire. 
"Sana don't creep on me. How does it look?" Sana walked closer to Mina and stopped behind her. She looked over Mina's shoulder at the roast.
"Looks done. Sorry." Mina put the roast down and turned to Sana. But she didn't look at Sana. Well, there obviously was a reason for that but she didn't have to direct her eyes on the floor. 
"Don't be. Let's just have a nice evening with Nayeon, Momo, and your mom." Then Mina turned around and proceeded to cut the roast. Sana sighed silently and left the kitchen. She observed Nayeon and Momo argue about the way the napkins should be folded for a moment and then smiled. She joined them in the end and tried to forget about any awkwardness that was created in those 5 years. Nayeon and Momo were just glad that Sana deiced to stay with them without Mina. And that she wasn't grumpy for once. 


Jeongyeon wasn't sure what to think about all of it. She was pretty lost. It wasn't like she wasn't happy to see Tzuyu and to learn that Jihyo was with her. She was very thrilled to meet Tzuyu again and see Jihyo after all those years. But she just wasn't sure if she was ready to face the past yet. She just dealt with it all and it was already coming back. From meeting Jihyo and Tzuyu it was easy to meet the people she swore she would never associate herself with. No one would have convinced her to be Sana's friend again. All she would perhaps do would be saying sorry for beating her up nearly unconscious. But she still considered the thing that happened awful to the point she didn't want to talk with her again. She didn't hate her though. But she also didn't want to meet Chaeyoung. And their last parting seemed to settle that any type of friendship was gone between them. At least it was mutual and she didn't have to feel like it was also something she destroyed. Dahyun automatically appeared in her mind right after. She did that to Sana because she wanted to protect Dahyun. But from what? The damage was already done. And Dahyun was upset with her for hurting Sana so much. She said that Jeongyeon should have just talked with her. That was the main reason for Jeongyeon to feel bad about doing that. 
"So you are going to be reunited soon. Isn't it great? Having your best friends back is just the best feeling ever." Wonwoo was too sweet. She didn't want to straight-up tell him that she was anxious about it and it was stronger than her happiness. He was the best possible thing that could have happened to her. He had never judged her and he understood her actions. 
"Yeah. I wonder if Jihyo would show up today. She is one of the busiest people nowadays. At least Tzuyu would come to visit." Jeongyeon put the plate with cookies on the counter and Somi immediately reached for it. Jeongyeon frowned at her and Somi gave her an innocent smile. Wonwoo could only laugh softly. 
"Tell me. Does Tzuyu like flowers? And if she does what type?" Jeongyeon's frown became stronger. She had no idea why would Somi need such information. She must've missed something important. She thought about that nonetheless. Tzuyu wasn't really the girl that accepted flowers from people. She gave one flower to Jihyo every Monday though. What flower was that? It was white for sure. A lot of flowers are white though. But then she thought she got it.
"Camellias?" Her answer came out more like a question. She really hoped that she remembered it right and she didn't mess it up with the flowers that Chaeyoung always bought and then didn't even give them to Mina. Somi didn't look phased by the hesitation though and she smiled gratefully at Jeongyeon. Then she immediately googled the flowers. Wonwoo shook his head and then went back to the kitchen. 
"Why do you need that for?" Somi didn't look up even for a second. Jeongyeon was sure she was heard though. So she waited. 
"I just thought it would be nice. Tzuyu is nice." Somi looked up with a stupid smile. The one Jeongyeon always saw on Momo when she was with Nayeon. She always found it annoying but only because she actually thought it was cute. 
"Right. You know Tzuyu is most likely straight. She always looked disgusted when one of us did anything remotely flirty with her." Somi's smile faded a little but only for a second. She looked bright again and waved her hand dismissively.
"Perhaps she was disgusted by you guys. I am sure she flirted with me." Jeongyeon was in awe. Somi looked very proud of herself. As if getting someone to flirt with you was the hardest thing in the world. But then she remembered that they were talking about Tzuyu. So it probably was the hardest thing in the world. 
"Somehow it is the weirdest thing I have heard. Tzuyu only was cute with one person. I find it unusual that she flirted with you. She must've been bored and made fun of you." Somi glared at Jeongyeon and looked back at her phone. She shouldn't let Jeongyeon make her feel like a fool. She was sure Tzuyu enjoyed herself during their date that wasn't a date. 
"You are mean." Jeongyeon heard the whisper and grinned. She didn't worry that Somi would be upset. That girl was the most chill person she knew. She just hoped that Tzuyu is aware of the crush Somi has on her. So that she wouldn't lead her on. 
Soon Tzuyu would visit the bakery again and Jeongyeon hoped she would see her together with Jihyo. But then she saw Somi walk in with a bouquet of Camellias and perhaps it would be too awkward for Jihyo to witness. 
"You didn't have to close the bakery just for me, Jeongyeon." Tzuyu appeared inside with an easy smile. She was alone. Not even Gucci at her side. Jeongyeon was a little disappointed but at the same time relieved. 
"It's more for my convenience. I just want to talk with you and not worry about customers." Tzuyu smiled gratefully and walked closer to the table Jeongyeon was sitting at. She couldn't even take her coat off before a bouquet was put before her face. She recognized those flowers immediately. Camellias. White camellias. The flowers that she gave to Jihyo every Monday. To convey her feelings somehow but Jihyo just thought she gave them to her after Tzuyu received them from someone else. And simply didn't want them. She should have been just straightforward with Jihyo back then. Perhaps they would have ended up in a different situation. But regardless of the story behind them Tzuyu accepted the flowers and smiled sweetly at Somi. That girl was just cute. 
"I didn't expect such a thing. Thank you, Somi. How did you know what flowers to get?" Somi had that stupid smile on her face again and she gestured to Jeongyeon. She couldn't take the credit for that. Jeongyeon smiled at them as well. She couldn't tell though why Tzuyu looked sad for a moment. 
"Jeongyeon provided me with the information. I have gone to the florist and picked those. I just wanted to give you a reason to smile today." So awfully sweet. Tzuyu felt guilty. She was thankful but she didn't want Somi to actually develop feelings for her. She stopped that thought for a moment though. Maybe she really should move on and find love with someone else. She was just lying to herself. Even when Jihyo's dating ban expires she would not just start dating Tzuyu. She isn't a person that is a senior in the industry. She is new and everyone is watching. People would judge her. People would stop supporting her. Because of Tzuyu. So it was probably the best for the two of them. She felt even more guilty after that.  She loves Jihyo. Nothing would change that. But what Mina told her once. That sometimes being with someone we love is worse than being without them. And Tzuyu knew very well what she meant by that. It wasn't about Jihyo and her. It was about Mina and Sana. She hoped that Mina found happiness with Sana after all. 
"I love them. Thank you very much." Somi it was all Somi needed to hear. She took the flowers from Tzuyu's hands and handed them to Jeongyeon. Then she helped Tzuyu take her coat off and put it on a hanger. Jeongyeon watched the whole thing with amusement. She glanced at Tzuyu and saw a blatant confusion. And it was concerning because Tzuyu didn't show her emotions that much. 
"Somi has a crush on you." Tzuyu nodded and it concerned Jeongyeon. "You are not playing with her feelings, right?" Tzuyu hesitated. And it didn't make Jeongyeon happy. 
"I don't think so. I enjoy the time with her." Tzuyu decided to answer rather vaguely. She didn't want to give Jeongyeon too much information. But perhaps she didn't ease Jeongyeon's worry anyway. She certainly didn't ease hers. 
"So your friend won't come after all? It is quite sad." Somi sat a little to close to Tzuyu to leave room for Jesus. But Jeongyeon didn't comment because Tzuyu didn't look uncomfortable.
"She's busy. Sorry. Welcome to the reality of being Jihyo's friend." Tzuyu couldn't stop the sour remark. She also couldn't just keep lying to Jeongyeon that everything is perfectly fine. Jeongyeon could have expected that it would be like that. Being a top singer didn't give you plenty of time for your friends. And to think that Tzuyu lived with Jihyo. It must've been very lonely. 
"I hope she still talks to you. I will kick her if she doesn't." Jeongyeon extended the flowers back to Tzuyu and got up to prepare tea for them.
" We talk. Mostly during the late evening, night or morning." Somi could tell this topic was making Tzuyu uncomfortable. She decided to stop it then. They didn't have to talk about a girl that was making Tzuyu feel lonely.
"How is Gucci? How is her paw?" Tzuyu immediately brightened up at the mention of the dog. She was also glad that Somi changed the topic. She could use some time without thinking about Jihyo. And what was better than talking about her beloved dog.
"It's healing nicely." 


"I am telling you. Chaeyoung is cool. She is chill. She likes to paint and, eh, rap." Yeri and Rosé looked at her weirdly but she didn't care. She wanted them all to meet. Chaeyoung was once her best friend so isn't it only right that she would meet her new best friends? Rosé just wasn't sure if Dahyun should meet with anyone from her old friend group. Even if they didn't do anything. It still would evoke all those bad feelings. And Rosé only wanted Dahyun to keep being at least a little happy. She was aware after all that Dahyun still struggled. Yeri, on the other hand, wasn't sure if that friend of Dahyun would like them. They were quite rude and considering how Dahyun was before, her friends had to be similar in terms of personality. 
"Does she even want to meet us? We shouldn't force her." Dahyun thought for a moment and shook her head. She was sure Chaeyoung needed someone to talk to. So she would provide. She even promised herself that she would be a little nicer. 
"She needs to meet us. She is miserable. Imagine being alone for so long. She needs fun. She needs to unwind. And as her old best friend I am here to provide." Said Dahyun proudly and then started knocking on Chaeyoung's door. Yeri looked to Rosé but she only got a nod. So they were doing it. Dahyun knocked again after a moment without any answer. And when Chaeyoung didn't answer yet again she started banging the door. Obviously, Chaeyoung opened the door very soon after. She glanced from Dahyun to the two other girls and was ready to close the door. But Dahyun stopped her by holding the handle.
"Hi, Chaeng. We are going out to eat lunch. So get dressed. And maybe wash your face. You have something on your forehead." Dahyun tried to wipe it off but Chaeyoung pushed her hand away. She should have expected that Dahyun would come back. This part of her didn't change after all. 
"Look. I don't want to go anywhere. Have fun you guys but without me." And Dahyun walked inside the apartment. Chaeyoung let out a very heavy sigh and gestured for Rosé and Yeri to come in. The two walked in awkwardly and followed Chaeyoung. In the living room, Dahyun was already sitting on the couch and patted the space next to her for Rosé and Yeri. 
"So get ready. We will just chill here. But don't take too long." Chaeyoung turned around and left for the bathroom. It wasn't going the way she planned. She was supposed to stop seeing Dahyun. Why was she going along with this? 
"See? She is just acting like that. She actually wanted to go." Dahyun smiled at her two friends and crossed her arms across her chest. 
"I don't think she is thrilled. I hope she won't complain." Yeri voiced her worries. She wanted to like Dahyun's friends but she knew that would be impossible. She couldn't like everyone. But she could just respect that girl. 
"Don't worry. If she does I will shut her up." Yeri snorted and started looking around the living room. Rosé was still concerned. She didn't like how easy Dahyun was about that. She didn't want her to get hurt anymore. And she was ready to protect her. Provided Chaeyoung does one bad decision. Rosé wouldn't hesitate. 
Chaeyoung didn't take long to get ready. She also checked if her office was locked. She didn't want Dahyun snooping again. But it was fine. No one tried to get in. She could hear laughter from the living room. At least those three had fun. She walked in and saw the girls glancing at a phone that Yeri was holding. Dahyun noticed her and waved her over. They were watching a video of some girl. Chaeyoung wasn't sure what was so funny about it. Until Dahyun commented on the girl's makeup and outfit. She understood that they weren't laughing at the video. They were making fun of the girl. Chaeyoung glared at them and closed the video. All three looked at her with complaints.
"If you want me to go stop being s for at least an hour." She was met with silence at first but then Dahyun decided to reply.
"Why are you so pressed?" It really would be excruciating to get used to this new Dahyun. How could she say all those things without feeling bad?
"You are mocking an innocent girl." Dahyun rolled her eyes. Chaeyoung was so oblivious. 
"She is showing her for likes. She isn't innocent. But let's not start with this again. Let's go, shall we?" Dahyun stood up and Yeri followed right after. Rosé stayed back for a moment and locked eyes with Chaeyoung. She got up and stopped in front of Chaeyoung.
"Listen. Dahyun is very excited about this. So you shouldn't make her feel bad about this. You were her best friend, right? Act like it." Chaeyoung felt very intimidated. She was quite scared of that girl. Dahyun sure knew who to have as her friend. Rosé's words were both wrong and right though. She decided to get along with them. Just to be left alone later. And maybe just because she actually wanted to spend time with Dahyun.


Gucci had walked up to the short woman that had just entered the house. Jihyo crouched and patted Gucci's head a few times. The fact that Gucci was still there gave her hope that Tzuyu wasn't asleep yet and she could talk at least a little bit with her. For some reason, she missed Tzuyu a lot that day. More than usual. All she wanted was to hear even goodnight from her. But the floor was silent. So Jihyo took her shoes off and took Gucci in her arms. She hugged the tiny dog to her chest and went upstairs. Something had caught her attention before she could walk passed the living room. A bouquet of white flowers. She received them so many times that she could recognize them everywhere. Camellias. Tzuyu always gave one camellia every Monday back then. She was oblivious about the reason until she actually looked up the meaning. She must've frustrated Tzuyu a lot then. Did Tzuyu get them for her? It would seem so. She felt happy with that thought as well as guilty that she didn't come back earlier to receive it. She went upstairs with a soft smile and opened the door to Tzuyu's room. As she thought. Tzuyu was sleeping already. As she should at 1 a.m. But Jihyo did one thing that she never let herself do before. She moved closer to the bed and laid Gucci next to Tzuyu very gently. She then leaned over Tzuyu and left a chaste kiss on her forehead. 
"Just this once." She said to herself and left the room. She needed to rest. Maybe she would surprise Tzuyu in the morning. To make it up to her. 
Tzuyu woke up expecting to be alone with Gucci again but not that morning. She got woken up by a smiley Jihyo and was served a nice breakfast. Tzuyu was not used to that Jihyo. What has happened to her was a mystery. But it was pleasant. She could see Jihyo's smile, hear her laugh. She didn't feel lonely for that portion of the time. She always had the thought that it would end soon at the back of her head. Because it was just for the morning until they part ways. 
"The flowers are pretty." commented Jihyo cheerfully. Tzuyu glanced at the bouquet and for a moment thought of saying it was for Jihyo. But she wasn't like that. Even if it would have made Jihyo happy. 
"I got them from a friend." Jihyo wouldn't have minded that. If she didn't know the meaning behind those flowers. You give white camellias to someone you like. So this "friend" liked Tzuyu. And Tzuyu accepted them. She never accepted flowers from people that liked her. This revelation made Jihyo's stomach drop. She didn't want to feel jealous. She didn't have the right. Tzuyu wasn't her girlfriend. Perhaps Jihyo had lost her chance. Tzuyu might've decided to move on. And Jihyo had to respect that. She couldn't hold her back. It would be for the best, right?
"I see. It is nice of them. I hope you thanked them." Tzuyu nodded to assure Jihyo that she wasn't rude. She could tell it hurt Jihyo. She didn't expect to hear that. But she couldn't lie. 
"I thanked her sincerely. Jeongyeon told her I like those flowers. Well, are you able to meet her today?" She had to change the subject. To distract Jihyo from that feeling. And maybe it worked. Jihyo grimaced and Tzuyu knew the answer instantly. She got up from the table and went to the kitchen to leave the dishes in the dishwasher. Jihyo sighed heavily and massaged her temples. She was really not handling the situation well. She needed to leave work earlier today and surprise Tzuyu and Jeongyeon. She will try hard for once.