Chapter 6

Blind Hatred

The dance club's practice room was placed in a part of the school where the sun was shining through the windows and the view reached the green garden. The members enjoyed just looking outside when they were taking breaks. Momo had never done that much as she usually was busy texting Nayeon during breaks. Mina, on the other hand, spent every spare moment to look outside and admire nature. But during the lunch breaks, when Mina was able to practice every time she missed a club practice due to student council work, there was no one else from the club. That was the time when Mina was alone. Well, not really alone. There was always one more person. Sitting under the windowsill, with her face hidden in her big sketchbook. Her hand moving with precision as she was drawing. And one might think, the girl would draw the beautiful garden. Albeit, she had a different objective. She much preferred drawing the breathtaking dancer that was moving around the floor with so much grace and elegance. Every little bit of Mina was the perfect subject of art. Or maybe art in its true form. It was very hard not to notice the muscular build. And the features. It was her favorite thing to draw. With so many details that painted a masterpiece. The perfect jawline, the moles that added a certain charm, and the warmest eyes. She tried not to focus on the full lips too much. She didn't want to be rude. And she drew the eyebrow wrong. She quickly erased it and started over again. It had to be as perfect as Mina was. 
"I don't know what you're drawing but I am sure it's sorry." Chaeyoung shot her head up and closed the sketchbook at the speed of the light. Mina frowned for just a second because of the weird behavior but then her easy warm smile returned. Chaeyoung couldn't risk Mina seeing the drawing. She had been trying to paint the perfect image of Mina. She wanted to confess while showing it to Mina. She just needed more time for that.
"It better be. It nearly destroyed the masterpiece." Mina giggled at the silly response and sat next to Chaeyoung. She didn't try to peek into the sketchbook. Which really calmed Chaeyoung. But Mina had never asked what she was drawing once. And Chaeyoung was always present whenever Mina practiced during lunch in the room. 
"Aren't you hungry?" Mina's question didn't sound like a question. More like a suggestion. And Chaeyoung, perhaps, got a little too excited about that.
"I guess so. I only ate a bowl of cereal for breakfast." Chaeyoung whined and received a pat on the head because of it. She could whine all the time if it meant Mina would pat her every time. Then Mina stood up without a word and went over her bag. Chaeyoung didn't want to ogle Mina from behind so she stared hard at the ceiling. She waited like that until she heard Mina laugh and only then she looked at Mina.
"What are you doing? Is the ceiling breaking?" Mina fixed her glasses and then picked the lunch box from the floor. She brought it back to Chaeyoung and settled at her previous place. Chaeyoung was pretty embarrassed. She obviously couldn't say the truth. But why else would she be staring hard at the ceiling?
"It's research for my drawing." Mina raised one brow and leaned to open the box. She took the chopsticks from there and handed them to Chaeyoung. 
"I can see it's complicated. With the smooth surface and white paint." Chaeyoung sighed in response and put a slice of carrot in so she could avoid answering. But she could tell that Mina was having fun with that. So she could only change the subject. 
"Why are you practicing today? Jihyo told me you weren't busy with the council work." Mina nodded slowly and chewed even slower. It seemed like she didn't want to answer that. Or maybe she wanted but couldn't. Chaeyoung was ready to take the question back, but Mina decided to reply.
"I wasn't busy with the council." Chaeyoung thought that it was the whole answer because Mina wasn't saying anything else afterward. But the rest of the reply made Chaeyoung's insides turn to jelly. "I know you always come here to draw and I didn't want you to be alone." She was quite understandably stunned. She was ready to risk it all and tell Mina everything. But what woke her up was Mina poking her in the side. Chaeyoung put the food she was holding in .
"Thank you. It's sweet of you." Mina shook her head at Chaeyoung speaking with full. But she let that pass. If only Mina knew that Chaeyoung was only coming there because Mina was there. So did it mean that the whole time, Mina was coming there to practice was because of Chaeyoun? 
"You change your expression so much today. I can't even tell your mood." Chaeyoung faced Mina with the brightest smile and cheeks full of food. And Mina could only smile back. She was glad Chaeyoung was happy after all. She had one less person to worry about. 
"So... You come here only for me, huh?" Mina rolled her eyes and ignored the comment. Chaeyoung burst out laughing and Mina sighed.
"Don't get cocky. I do that for everyone." Chaeyoung bumped into Mina with her shoulder and Mina dramatically fell on the floor. Chaeyoung snorted but kept her laugh in.
"Don't be shy, Mina. You can admit you like me." Chaeyoung wasn't sure where she was going with that. But at least if it backfired she could say she was fooling around. And if somehow it didn't...she would not regret it. Mina lifted herself up and had an unreadable expression on. She took a deep breath and when she wanted to say something a ringtone was heard. They both looked in the direction of the sound. It was Mina's phone. Chaeyoung cursed under her breath. It was a great opportunity. A frown appeared on Mina's face as she was reading the message and then she gathered her stuff and made her way towards the door.
"Chaeyoung, I am sorry. I need to go. Please, finish the food. I will talk to you later." And Mina left. It was easy to guess who was that. Sometimes it looked like Mina was a toy. Not that she hated Sana. They were good friends. But she disliked the way she treated Mina. And she voiced that dislike more than once. Which definitely made her argue with Sana more than once. Hopefully, it would all end soon. When Sana finally decided to keep one girl for more than a month. Then she wouldn't have to abuse Mina's kind heart. Or perhaps, Chaeyoung should help Sana make that decision.


"Jihyo? Are you still here?" Jihyo jerked a little and placed her gaze on Mina who was sitting in front of her. Mina didn't look confused though. It seemed like she knew Jihyo was there but was done with the constant deafening silence. So Jihyo cleared and replied.
"Yes. Sorry." Mina waved her head dismissively. She didn't want to pressure Jihyo to talk but they were sitting in silence for far too long for Mina to feel comfortable. 
"It's nothing. I am ready whenever you are." Jihyo stared at Mina for a moment. Mina was Tzuyu's best friend. When she learns how Jihyo had been treating Tzuyu, she would not just pat her on the shoulder and laugh. But then it was Mina. Jihyo has never seen Mina angry. She had to get angry sometimes though. What if that the time like that? Would she be able to handle angry Mina? She asked Mina for help though. She couldn't just tell her to forget it.
"I have a problem. And it is my fault before I say more." Jihyo stopped to see Mina's reaction. Mina nodded encouragingly and leaned closer to Jihyo. It was quite peculiar. Mina gave off a different vibe in her shades. Somehow intimidating. Jihyo gulped and began speaking again. "So I assume you know that Tzuyu loves me. Because it would be weird if you didn't. And she does for years. She stayed with me for all those years. She is just the sweetest girl. She isn't the problem here at all. It's all me. Because I am the one creating this hurtful situation. Before you say anything. I love Tzuyu. But for years I have been keeping our relationship platonic. I can't date anyone now. I also don't stay at home much. Tzuyu is all alone for the whole day. We don't talk much. She is so lonely and sad and I don't do anything to fix it. I make it even worse. I was supposed to meet with Jeongyeon recently and I didn't show up. Now Tzuyu is not talking to me." Mina heard Jihyo's breaking voice and got up to move closer to her friend. She kneeled next to the chair that Jihyo was sitting on and reached out to find her friend's hands. Jihyo figured out what Mina was trying to do and she grasped her hands. She didn't want to cry but she couldn't hold her tears in. She hasn't let herself cry for a while and it felt relieving to finally let go. Mina slowly caressed Jihyo's hands and listened to her quiet sobs. And she thought her role would end on that. But Jihyo suddenly pulled her hands and locked Mina in a tight hug. That paralyzed Mina. But she quickly recovered. She couldn't act awkward then. It didn't matter how long they haven't seen each other. She put her hands on Jihyo's back at last. She wanted to wait for Jihyo to calm down a little to speak her mind. The situation was definitely one she has never expected. She thought that Tzuyu would either get over her feelings and find someone else or she would confess and Jihyo would accept. But considering that Jihyo was a big singer in the industry it wasn't that easy. She couldn't let them go on like that. 
"Thank you for telling me Jihyo. It sounds dire. Are you that scared of what people would say? Or that your contract would get annulled?" Mina didn't get an immediate answer. She didn't expect one anyway. She just wanted Jihyo to think about the reason for such behavior. So it would be easier for Jihyo to understand her actions and try to fix them. 
"About the contract." Mina wasn't sure if that was the only reason. She knew Jihyo well enough to know how conscious she was about people's opinions about her. That was the reason why she did everything for the students and staff to like her when she was the student council president. 
"So you are scared of both?" Jihyo didn't understand what Mina meant. She didn't want her contract to get canceled because she had validated the rules. 
"My contract getting annulled will be the end of my career. Of course, I am scared of that." Mina pulled away from Jihyo. There was not much point in her doing that for her sake. She wanted Jihyo to see her face. So she would know they could only have the conversation if Jihyo was willing to do it. 
"And that means that people would leave tons of hate about you. Jihyo, you have always worried about people's opinions about you. I don't believe you are not scared that people would be mean to you after finding out you are in a relationship with a woman. You were freaking out when one of the professors said you should've been stricter with the students at the university festival. Even though he wasn't even disappointed. You have even worried what the rest of us will say when you had to do something against our comfort. You were crying about it all to me." Jihyo lowered her head in shame. Mina was right. She was like that. She wanted everyone to like her. To think the best of her. So she was freaking out when she even had a small feeling that someone doesn't like her. She did worry that people would start hating her. But she tried to reason her actions with the contract. Because it's easier that way.
"You are right. When they find out, they will be disgusted. I know how that is. And they would on my entire career. They would not let me debut again. Because I would be the one that breaks the rules, doesn't respect her fans. And is gay." Mina could understand Jihyo. She didn't reveal her identity for a similar reason. She didn't want to feel like she owes anyone her life. She has never faced any bad press thanks to that. But she is just a songwriter. She got up and felt with her hands a chair next to Jihyo. 
"It's natural to be scared of that. You are restricted by the contract. So you can't be in a public relationship. But it doesn't stop you from being close to Tzuyu. You can still talk about your feelings. You can decide that until the dating ban ends you won't start anything. Or that you would keep your relationship in the privacy of your house. But you said that Tzuyu doesn't talk to you now. I think that's the time you really need to talk. Tzuyu has already decided that she has to let go. She won't be waiting for long. I told her after all. That it is better to be without the people we love. Because it hurts less." Could Mina ever not make sense? Jihyo felt like for Mina every problem was so easy to resolve. Like every solution was so obvious. She has always wanted to be like Mina. But Mina probably has never noticed that. Jihyo had become friends with Mina for that reason. But she stayed because she really loved that girl. Jihyo still remembers when she had met Mina in one of the classes and was so in awe when she had no trouble with studying and getting good marks, at the same time being in the dance club and helping her mom in their restaurant every day. It seemed like Mina didn't even any time to herself. And had never let anyone down. She was knitting scarfs and hats for orphans. Preparing lunches for everyone. Coming to every performance one of them had. She was pulling through everything. Jihyo wanted to be as strong and brave as Mina. And even at the moment. Even without her sight, Mina had her life together. She was a valued songwriter, had a person that loved her, and she looked happy. 
"I had always admired you." Mina raised her eyebrows. She had never thought that someone would ever admire her. Because for what? "You were the most brilliant girl in the class. I remember when the teacher tasked us with a problem and I couldn't figure out the answer and you had it done in 5 minutes. That's why I wanted to be your friend. And the more I got to know you, the more incredible you were. I could never figure out if you are really human or an angel. I wanted to be like you. Never doing anything wrong. Never disappointing anyone. Always loved and cherished. And you are still like that." Jihyo showed Mina an affectionate smile. She felt bad that Mina couldn't see that. But she was sure that her tone could tell Mina that she was speaking from her heart. Yet Jihyo couldn't read Mina. Perhaps it was the fault of the sunglasses Mina had on. 
"I didn't know. I am very flattered. Thank you. But I think you are incredible as well. You were able to handle all eight of us and didn't go insane." Jihyo had a good laugh because of that comment. Handling their group was really challenging. 
"As if you were not the one that pretty much helped to keep everyone intact. I could never make them behave and then you just had to say please for me and they all stopped." Mina giggled and remembered all those situations. It was always hilarious to her. But no one wanted to make her upset. 
"Yeah. They were all easy. Especially, Sana, Momo, and Chaeyoung. But you were the one that did the most. Thank you for everything, Jihyo." Mina tried to take all the credit off her. She didn't think she deserved to be admired. Or maybe she was too hard on herself like Sana has always said. She was nice to know that Jihyo felt like that. Jihyo pushed Mina a little and giggled.
"Why are you so sappy? We were talking about how much of a jerk I am and then started this. You are right. I will try to talk to Tzuyu. I can't lose her. Anyway, when are we all meeting?" Mina smiled gratefully at Jihyo. She hoped that Tzuyu hasn't already decided. Because it would be tragic. And the meeting. 
"Nayeon will let me know by the end of this week. And don't worry. Sana said she will keep quiet." Nayeon really was that busy, huh? Jihyo didn't have the time to watch Nayeon's new movie but she read the reviews. She wasn't surprised that Nayeon was busy. And Sana. Jihyo wanted to give her the benefit of the doubt. She would talk with her calmly. She wanted to know what was the truth.
"Great. I will also keep civil with Sana. And I think, if you don't mind, I will go to see Jeongyeon." Mina was a tad bit surprised. She thought that it would take Jihyo at least a day before she would do anything. But it was a good sign. She almost wanted to go and see Jeongyeon as well. She couldn't though. Nayeon had called her earlier and asked her to talk with Momo. Which was rather concerning. Nayeon didn't want to tell her much. Just that she was worried that Momo might be falling again. But that was enough for Mina. Momo was rather comfortable with telling Mina her burdens. They were roommates during studying. They had plenty of time to talk. Though Mina thought that Nayeon has taken the role after the incident. Or maybe Momo didn't want to hurt Nayeon so she didn't tell her anything. But Mina had to keep those thoughts for when she meets with Momo. 
"I don't mind. That's a good step. I am supposed to meet Momo soon anyway." Jihyo got up and captured Mina's head to kiss her on the forehead. Mina smiled brightly in response. 
"Thank you so much, Mina. You are a saint. I will repay you." Mina shook her head and heard Jihyo strut around the room. And when Jihyo yelled bye to her she waved in the general direction she heard Jihyo's voice from. She missed that for sure. 


Tzuyu looked like she would bite your head off if you talked to her. And Jeongyeon didn't risk that. She just looked at Tzuyu from time to time. To make sure everything was not bad. She even told Somi to keep away from Tzuyu for today. The girl wanted to do all sorts of embarrassing things to make Tzuyu smile. Not that it wasn't cute or anything. Jeongyeon just didn't want Somi to witness a glaring Tzuyu. All Somi did was bring Tzuyu a special coffee and special pie. Which was just a coffee with a lot of chocolate syrup and a blueberry pie. But apparently, Somi put her emotions into them. 
"Can I talk to her after all? Look at her. She looks like she could use talking." Jeongyeon shook her head quickly and put her hands on Somi's shoulders. 
"Listen. I know Tzuyu. She is not going to say a word. She will just send you glares so you would leave. Let her be. She would figure it out." Somi nodded reluctantly and went back to polishing the glasses. She felt awful about the fact that Tzuyu was sad. But she didn't want to make things worse either. So she listened to Jeongyeon. And Tzuyu was preparing herself to leave. She was going to get Gucci and go on a very long walk and then maybe she will go out to a pub. And perhaps she would go back after 3 a.m. so she could avoid Jihyo. Maybe it wasn't very mature. But she was done with the way she was treated. Just like Mina told her once. She would most likely hurt less without Jihyo. 
"Hey, Tzu. Do you want something to take home?" Jeongyeon approached Tzuyu before she could leave with the hope that Tzuyu would say something to her. Not just nod or shake her head. Tzuyu thought for a moment and shook her head. Jeongyeon sighed but smiled. She couldn't force Tzuyu into anything. So she watched Tzuyu walk towards the door and nearly getting hit with them when someone opened them before Tzuyu. And she could have seen the glare on Tzuyu face. But it disappeared and turned into utter confusion once she noticed who it was.
"Oh. I was fast enough. I knew you were here." Jihyo smiled softly and walked inside. She was quite relieved Tzuyu haven't gone home yet. So she could see that Jihyo actually went to meet Jeongyeon. And the mentioned girl approached them.
"Holy ! Jihyo, you are alive after all." Jihyo grimaced at the comment. It was very obviously sarcastic. And it was not a surprise. She would use a similar tone with someone like her. Jeongyeon, even if a bit angry that Jihyo didn't visit her for days, hugged her tightly and put her head on Jihyo's to pick on her hight. Jihyo hugged back with as much force. It was an incredible feeling to embrace her friend again. And the guilt she felt faded away a bit. She made it and she would make sure that she will continue to do that.
"I am so happy you have finally appeared. Just because you are a famous singer doesn't mean you can not have time for your friends." Jeongyeon knocked Jihyo over the head and it earned a whine. Jihyo massaged the sore spot but didn't complain. She truly deserved it. Jeongyeon would always call out her on her bull. 
"I am sorry. I am in the middle of writing and producing a new album. But it shouldn't be a reason not to see you. So I have left early." Extra early. But it didn't matter to her then. She couldn't regret her decision. She glanced at Tzuyu and then immediately looked away when she met Tzuyu's eyes. Tzuyu's gaze was too intense to handle. Jihyo would have to talk with Tzuyu when they are home. And try to do what Mina told her to do. She wanted to fix it.
"Let's sit then. I will tell Wonwoo to handle the bakery for a while." Jihyo assumed that Wonwoo was Jeongyeon's fiance. It was still pretty weird. She's never really thought that Jeongyeon would get settled first. They would always say that Mina would be first. But it wasn't a bad change. Jihyo followed Jeongyeon to the table and looked back when she didn't notice Tzuyu going after her. Tzuyu observed her for a few seconds and moved toward her. She took a seat without a word. Jihyo didn't bother her. She didn't want Tzuyu to be angrier than she was. Jeongyeon went to get Wonwoo and introduce him to Jihyo. And the first impression Jihyo had was good. He was polite and thanked her for visiting. As soon as he left, Jeongyeon put her face in her hands and started crying. Jihyo couldn't hold her tears as well. She grasped Jeongeyeon's hand and squeezed it. Tzuyu observed them vigilantly and tried not to be upset with Jihyo anymore. She was there so it meant that she tried for once. It was a good sign. She was actually relieved she didn't have to reinforce Mina's words in her life. 
"Can you give me your autograph." Jihyo burst out laughing due to the comment. Jeongyeon followed right away. And she actually passed Jihyo a piece paper from the little notebook she had with her and handed her a pen. "Please, write to my dear friend, Jeongyeon. Her bread is the best." 
"So you just want a free advertisement?" Jeongyeon wiped the remaining tears on her cheeks and nodded. Jihyo couldn't say she was baffled. It was the Jeongyeon she remembered from 5 years ago. Jihyo took the paper and pen and did what she was asked. Jeongyeon actually looked surprised that Jihyo did it. She expected to hear a remark of some sort. 
"Well, that was easy. Can you buy me a new car as well then?" Tzuyu kept silent. She was pleased with the interaction Jihyo and Jeongyeon had. She liked seeing Jihyo unwind like that. But soon Jeongyeon wouldn't get cooperation like that.
"How did you met Wonwoo?" Jihyo's change of subject wasn't skillful but she wasn't sure how to do it better. She didn't know how to start their conversation. And Jeongyeon's fiance was something distinctive and Jihyo was very curious about that. Jeongyeon, on the other hand, wasn't sure how to reply. She didn't know if she should've been honest. But that was too heavy of a subject for the situation. She didn't want to lie to Jihyo and Tzuyu either. 
"We met three years ago. We met at a clinic. He was great support and he helped me open the bakery." That seemed like a good enough explanation for then. She hoped that neither of them would ask further questions. And neither did. They accepted that answer for then. 
"He seems nice. Though it is quite surprising. I would have never said that you would be engaged. You were always rather romancing averse.” That was true. And Jeongyeon didn't plan on falling for Wonwoo at first. But he was just the person that became her best friend and someone that gave her the love she has never experienced.
"I know, weird. But so much has changed that it's normal now. Like you not jumping around Tzuyu 24/7.” Tzuyu sensed Jihyo's discomfort. She obviously, didn't want to start that topic then. Though, Tzuyu had to admit that it would be quite nice if someone gave Jihyo a piece of their mind for that. But she decided otherwise.
"Did Mina say anything about our meeting?” Tzuyu had spoken up for the first time in a while and Jihyo was very grateful. She knew what Jeongyeon would have say. And she wanted to talk with Tzuyu first before anyone else.
"Nayeon is going to give us the date by the end of the week.” Jeongyeon was very confused after hearing that. What has Tzuyu meant by Mina? And Nayeon? Jeongyeon hasn't heard about that. Jihyo and Tzuyu seemed to realize that pretty quickly as well. Tzuyu didn't tell Jeongyeon about that because Jihyo and she decided it wouldn't be good for then. But she totally forgot about that.
"Mina? Nayeon? Since when you have met? Tzuyu told me it was just the two of you?” It wasn't like Jeongyeon was angry at Tzuyu. She just wanted to know the reason for the exclusion. If Nayeon and Mina were there, she wanted to meet them as well. And it hinted that Mina regained her common sense and left Sana. As she should have. The night of the incident would've ended differently if Mina wasn't there. Jeongyeon was thankful for that after those years. But maybe she wasn't that thankful back then.
"Yeah, about that. We decided that it would be best if you didn't know for now.” Jihyo's response sparked a little bit of doubt in Jeongyeon's thoughts. Because why would it be best if she didn't meet them? Unless...
"Sana. You met Sana.” Jeongyeon's confusion turned into a scowl. Tzuyu cursed herself for saying that. It was going so well. Jihyo didn't expect that her meeting with Jeongyeon would end up in such a way. She opened to try and calm the situation but Jeongyeon didn't let her. "How can you meet with her after what she did!” The whole bakery fell silent after Jeongyeon raised her voice. The other guests eyed them curiously. And it was bad.
"Jeongyeon, it is not that easy. Mina told me that Sana didn't know that would happen.” Jihyo hoped that Jeongyeon would think about it. But she had forgotten how furious Jeongyeon was during the accident. And that she wouldn't think about yet.
"And you believe that? Yeah, because Sana had never lied to anyone to save her . You can't just forget that and be best friends with her now. Are you two nuts?” It would be very hard to get their group back together. Tzuyu didn't know what to say. It was true that Sana had lied about some things. But hadn't they all? And if Mina said that Sana didn't know, then Tzuyu believed her. She didn't want to make it worse. And she wished that Jeongyeon would just tell them to go. Jihyo then got up from the chair and looked at Jeongyeon from above. She decided that they should probably go before the situation becomes worse than necessary.
"I understand that you are angry. We all are. But I think we should let Sana speak. She has the right to defend herself. And if you can't do it for her sake, do it for our sake.” Jeongyeon got up as well and met Jihyo's gaze. She wasn't going to associate herself with a person like Sana again. No matter for whose sake.
"I don't need that bull in my life again. You are free to do whatever. But keep me away form that.” Jihyo kept the gaze with Jeongyeon for a few more seconds and then turned around. Tzuyu automatically followed her and they got dressed without a word. And Jeongyeon watched them leave the bakery. Somi was observing the whole thing and she wanted to jump in several times. She just thought that she would make it worse if she did. She asked Jeongyeon if she is fine and she only got a shrug. And Jeongyeon left to the kitchen.

 

"Thank you, Mina, for going to eat with me. It's like the old times when we would go out to eat at
 1 a.m.” Momo smiled at the memory of the two of them going out of their dorm room in just PJs and jackets on. Momo was sleepy most of the time yet Mina always looked fine. And Momo envied that. She had been tired many times in her life for long periods. And she was lucky to score the room with Mina. She accepted Momo no matter what. Even if she snored.
"I remember Nayeon was always jealous about that. She would then pout the whole day.” Mina giggled after finishing her sentence. Momo also thought that it was very adorable. But even if she wanted to bring Nayeon, she never could. Because her girlfriend was always sleeping at that time. And God forbid that Momo would have woken Nayeon up. She needed her beauty sleep. Momo also got another thought. And that Mina mentioned Nayeon made it easier to begin that conversation.
"Nayeon still does this when I go somewhere with Jisoo only. And Nayeon called you, didn't she?” Mina nodded. She didn't see any reason to lie. It wasn't that long since they've met the last time. And Mina didn't mention anything when they were on the call. Momo heard Nayeon talking to Mina as well. She just didn't listen to everything. She didn't want to eavesdrop. She just didn't know what that was about.
"Nayeon has become a little concerned. She told me you seemed rather annoyed with something Jisoo had said. It's good to show your emotions. But we should be aware of doing that.” Mina tried to talk in such a way that Momo wouldn't become uncomfortable. She wanted Momo to talk to her. Not to hide anything. Momo had always trusted her. And she hoped that it didn't change. Momo pulled Mina's hand a little to let her know that she wanted to stop. Mina halted and let Momo lead her to a nearby bench. When they were sitting comfortably Momo took a deep breath.
"I know. It's not like I wasn't aware. I mean, I realized it fast.” Momo made a pause that worried Mina. She couldn't hear anything. So she couldn't tell if Momo was crying or not. "I was in like a nightmare after the incident. I could only think about Tzuyu running up to us and telling us we need to get Sana's room. And we didn't know what happened. Until we got there and we saw it. And the photos. I couldn't get all of it out of my head. Dahyun sitting on the floor devastated, Sana with a bloody face, Chaeyoung's screams. And the way I had to chose if I stay with Nayeon or you two. And I just feel awful about feeling awful. Because I wasn't the victim. I shouldn't feel that way. But my brain is just broken.” Mina softly embraced Momo and soothed her back. She wasn't shocked by the revelation. She hated that Momo felt guilty for feeling devastated. But she felt like Momo wouldn't listen to her. And she would still think that she was doing something wrong. She couldn't do nothing though. So she tried to do what she had always done back then.
"You know, Momo, you are reacting in a way that is accurate for you. You are not taking away from Dahyun's tragedy with this. You are allowed not to feel okay. To feel the way you do. You know, that Nayeon, Jisoo, and now Sana and I are here and we will always support you. Like we always did. I will sing any Barbie song you want." Mina was too kind. She really almost made her believe that it was fine. She wanted it to be fine. But she didn't believe it would ever be fine. It would be always just almost or not at all. But Nayeon, Jisoo, and Mina were the ones that gave her the little hope. 
"Alright, sing one now. You know my favorite one." Momo waited with a smug smile. She was sure Mina didn't forget her favorite Barbie song. That would actually be impossible. Mina remembered everything about Momo better than Momo. But when Mina didn't sing it created a terrible feeling inside. Did Mina forget?
"Can I do it when we are not in the middle of a busy street?" Momo's felt relief wash over her. It was close. She pulled away from Mina and looked around them. There sure were people roaming around. 
"You can't even see them. They don't even care about us." Momo tried to ease Mina's anxiety but immediately thought over her words. She really just said that? Oh, God. Momo you idiot. What the hell was that? Mina has lost her sight and you act like it's nothing. Some friend are you.
"I know. But I would hear if they laugh. Sana does the same thing. It doesn't help." It shocked Momo that Mina didn't sound offended or sad at all. She actually spoke easily and quite humorously. "Hey, you didn't say anything bad. I make comments like that as well. It's fine." Momo's silence told Mina that Momo was in the middle of self-loathing. She was definitely sad over her eyesight loss. But she had many years to get used to the idea of being blind. She didn't feel like it was a big burden. Maybe because she wasn't alone when that happened. Well, almost she was. And she still thought sometimes about that possibility. She would probably come back to her parents. To live in a lockdown. 
"Okay. I'm sorry. Then when we are back at our homes, I will call you. And then you can sing." Mina smiled softly. She definitely didn't mind that. But Sana would probably be annoyed that she sings a Barbie song at night right next to her. Well, some sacrifices must be made. 
"I'd like that. Don't fall asleep before you even call." Momo laughed and hugged Mina again tightly. She was empty for years because of what happened. And she hoped that they would all be back. That life would be brighter a bit. She grasped Mina's hand and pulled her up. Then she led them to the subway and watched Mina go inside of the correct line. Then she went outside and walked to the car. Jisoo scrutinized Momo the first thing she went in. She wanted to see how Momo might have been feeling after the meeting. 
"It was good?" Momo faced Jisoo and smiled honestly at her. Jisoo felt relieved. Maybe the two girls didn't mean problems after all. 


The subway was too crowded for her liking. It was 10 p.m. Why were people not in their homes yet? She just wanted to go to work. She sighed when the song she was listening to, got interrupted by a chat notification again. Why did she let Dahyun add her to their group chat? She was too nice. Chaeyoung glanced at the doors opening when the subway stopped and looked at all the foreign faces. Nearly foreign. Her heart halted at the sight of one woman entering the wagon cautiously and checking the space with her cane. Someone spoke up and told her to take a sit in front of Chaeyoung. She didn't want to believe it. But then the woman said thank you. And it was her voice. Chaeyoung was sitting there frozen and she just stared at Mina. With big eyes. The other people must've thought she was crazy. She slowly got up and took a step forward to stand in front of Mina. She observed Mina face right. It was her. Chaeyoung wanted to reach out but stopped herself. It would scare Mina and make her look like a creep. 
"Mina..." Her voice was barely audible but it reached Mina's ears. She faced Chaeyoung and waited. She thought that the voice sounded familiar. But she couldn't quite figure it out because it was very soft.
"Yes?" Chaeyoung's heart was pounding against her chest mercilessly. She was so scared. How would Mina react? Would she be happy? Chaeyoung held in her tears and spoke louder.
"Mina, it's Chaeyoung." And then there was no mistake. Mina recognized the voice and was sure it was Chaeyoung. She was quite stunned. The last time she was with Chaeyoung, there were only yells and desperate pleading. She wasn't sure what to say. She wasn't angry with Chaeyoung. She understood her reaction. But it was confusing. 
"Oh, my. Hi. I can't believe it." Mina extended her hand and Chaeyoung didn't hesitate to take it. She was positively surprised when Mina squeezed her hand and smiled. Like she always did. "It's good to meet you." Chaeyoung let her tears flow after those words. She met Mina. After all those years. She was right there in front of her again. 
"I am happy to see you, Mina." Mina heard the broken voice and figured out that Chaeyoung was crying. She got up and extended her other hand to feel where Chaeyoung's head was. When she found it she wrapped it around Chaeyoung's neck and right after Chaeyoung put her free arm around Mina's back. She cried into Mina's shoulder and thanked God that she was able to meet her. Mina tried to ignore her own tears because she needed to calm Chaeyoung down. She worried about one thing. Sana waiting for her at the station she is getting off at.