Chapter 9 - A step towards you!

Bound by Power

In the later part, I've mentioned the song What if love by Wendy. It'd be great if you listen to the song while reading that part. Happy reading! please do comment how you feel about the story!

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

"Unnie, this system is connected to the main system. Both of these are protected by same passwords."

"Yes Byul-ah, I've found a way, it's a eight digit password. I'm trying to access the database now. Mmm....the first four digits are very identifiable here. It's 1906 !"

"Unnie, that's the day of excavation!"

"Yeaa so the next four digits must be the year! Wait 2019 it was found" Yongsun kept trying her best has she could hear Wheein and Hyejin trying their best. She was worried about them. She needed to sort this soon."Aishh...it's not 2019! Wait the history of this box says it was buried in 1814. Let me try!"

"Unnie, we're losing time. We have only 7 mins left."

"Yesss it's done!", I'll proceed to the 1st floor.

Yong sprinted upwards and found both Wheein and Hyejin struggling with a guard each. She ran towards Wheein and smacked the head of the guard. Then both Wheein and Yong helped Hyejin to get the other one under control.

"First floor cleared, headed to destination" reported Hyejin. They reached the high security room. With the help of the code, they could pass the laser system without notice. Then was the lock, the last step which would get them the box. For this, Wheein was an expert. She could open almost all locks by listening to them carefully. Wheein got to her work. 

"Yong, Hyejin I see a guard entering the building, you need to hurry up."

"But she's just started. She'll need 3-4 mins atleast!", informed Hyejin. "Hyejin, let's go near the staircase and hide behind the walls. If the guard comes up we knock him from the back." "Okay!"

They both hid and within 2 mins they could hear footsteps. Suddenly the footsteps seemed to cease. They were confused. "Byul-ah any updates on the guard?"

"Mmmm....wait he's running towards the security station! You guys need to leave. The CCTV's gonna be restarted! You can get caught!"

"Wheein, what's your status" asked Yong while processing her mind.

"Anddd....I'm done!", saying this Wheein ran out of the room with the box in her hand.

"Okay, we're leaving! Let's make this fast!" the leader announced.

"30 secs of CCTV cover remaining!" informed Byul. She too started to pack things and climb down the building from the backside.

"First floor it is!"

Byul looked at her watch,"15 seconds"

"C'mon, we can get this!"

And at a very critical time,they rushed out of the building. They could see the guards arriving from far away. "The other gang's car is parked. They must've arrived" informed Byul."Okay,unnie you guys move towards the car with the box, I'll shoot the CCTV in a minute. I'll joing you guys then. Keep the car ready" said Hyejin. "Okay guys, let's go. Hyejin-ah stay safe."

All all three of them ran towards their car. They could see the other gang hiding behind the building. They all got in the car and heard a gunshot. Yongsun started the engine and soon they could see Hyejin running towards them. They could hear sirens blaring everywhere. Yong drived fast through the rough paths of the forest. After 10-15 mins of rash driving, they were now in a safe area. 

"So guys, we did it huh!" said an excited Hyejin.

"All because of our ace, Jung Wheein!" exclaimed Byul "Wow Wheein-ah you were very fast."

"Ahh...Byulie unnie you're too much. I just didn't want our first mission to fail because of me. I had to work hard for us" saying this Wheein gave a big contented smile, the smile for which Yongsun can die for! It was getting difficult for her to concentrate on the road. So she just smiled to herself and kept driving. 

"So Kim Yongsun-sshi please let us know how you as a leader are feeling after the first success of your team?" said Byul imitating a MC.

"Ahh...first of all I'd like to thank all my team members for this great success.They've worked hard. But of course you cannot deny they had a great leader to guide them! Through all this time, one thing I can state is that, we're meant to be together. We are one!" said Yong playing along with their jokes.

"Aish Unnie, you're so cringey! Stopp! mal hajima!" and all of them bursted into laughter.


They arrived at their dorm quite late and had delivery food for dinner. Yongsun decided to stay in the dorm for the night. All of them were very tired and went to sleep as soon as they were done with dinner. Yong decided to sleep on the couch. In the middle of the night, some light footsteps woke her up. She could see someone get something from the fridge and move towards the balcony. From the back, it looked like Wheein. She couldn't sleep after that. She was confused if she should join the younger girl or give her some space. After lot of thought, she decided to check up once. She walked to the balcony and saw Wheein sipping out of a beer can with earphones on. She looked beautiful with the night sky as her background. 

"Wheein-ah" Yong called out softly. Wheein turned back to see Yong standing against the wall. She removed her earphones.

"Oh, unnie you were awake? I thought everyone was asleep"

"Well, I was...then I saw you walk around!"

"Oh , I woke you up! Mianhe Unnie"

"Aniyaa, I wasn't getting much sleep either. Well, I may be disturbing you. Looked like you needed some space"

"No...no Unnie. Also your company is nice."

"Oh is it! I'm honoured, Jung Wheein-shi" said Yong while they shared a small laugh."So, here in the middle of the night? Is something wrong?"

"Well, nothing bad. I was just thinking over our mission today. Doing something good with my own ability, it felt satisfying. Eventhough I didn't use my powers, I could handle the situation. Also Hyejin and you helped me a lot."

"Well, that's what makes us a team right! Also, you were amazing today. You didn't panic even once and handled yourself perfectly." 

"Thanks a lot, Unnie. That means a lot!"

"You and Hyejin, your bond is so precious. Sometimes I envy you guys" said Yong jokingly,"You guys understand each other perfectly and always help and support each other. I hope both of you stay like this forever."

"Yes Unnie, Hyejin has a very important place in my life. She has always been by my side ever since we were kids. Through happiness, difficulties she's always been with me and helped me. And how can you envy us, you have Byulie Unnie!" Eventhough Wheein would get jealous of Byul sometimes, she knew how important Byul was to Yongsun. Even to Wheein, Byul was a very sweet and caring Unnie.

"You're right, I have that crazy dork with me! More that a younger sister, she's the closest friend to me. I met her when I was lonely and didn't know how to feel happy. Her crazy lame jokes were firstly irritating to me but then I realized that she was a very pure person. Also the fact that we both had powers kept us closer."

"I'm so glad we could meet you guys that day in that cafe" said Wheein and both of them looked at each other. Looked on and for a bit longer. Soon, both of them could feel some tension in the air and looked away. Wheein tried not to smile. Yongsun tried to break the ice.

"So what were you listening when I came?"

"Ah that... I was listening to Kehlani's Honey"

"Oh I like my girls just like I like my honey...ummm" said Yong in a teasing way "So you liking girls now huhh??"

"Why..... can't I?"

"Oh no.. I didn't mean it like that! Infact I like girls too" said Yong while taking Wheein's earphones.

"Oh so do u have a girlfriend?" asked Wheein while taking one piece of the earphone which Yong handed her.

"Mmm No!" answered Yong while searching for a song to play.

"I thought Byulie unnie was your girlfriend." 

"Ahh...that crazy girl is just too touchy like that. We're just best friends" and Yong played the song. It was What if love by Wendy.

"Mmm I think there's just a little space and a very thin line between a best friend and love." 

Yongsun stepped a little towards Wheein and said "Is this the space you said? Is the line still there?"

Wheein turned towards Yongsun and looked in her eyes, they were full of love and care,"It's for you to decide Unnie, do you see the line?"

It has been minutes they were looking at each other intently, Wheein's eyes full of affection and need and Yong's eyes full of love wanting to drown in that affection of Wheein's. Just then, Wheein smiled at her and it was the END. That adorable, heavenly cute dimple of hers showed up. Unknowingly, Yongsun bend a little towards Wheein as her eyes fell on Wheein's lips. With every second, Yongsun closed the space little by little while Wheein closed her eyes wanting to breathe every scent of the girl in front of her. The girl which made her think about crazy things. The girl she was crazy for. Then their lips met with the beautiful song playing in their ears. But a different song played in their hearts.That night, Kim Yongsun devoured the sweetness of Wheein's lips and Jung Wheein surrendered her heart to Kim Yongsun's affection and love.