Chapter 10 - Save Me !

Bound by Power

 The slow and sweet kiss was getting more intense with every passing moment. Everything around them seemed to move slow...the time went slow and it was the first time Wheein liked that. The cold breeze teamed up with Yong's lips to send shivers down her spine. The older girl noticed this and held her while both of them moved to leave the balcony. A short and sweet makeout session occured until Yong stepped back to look at the younger. Among the darkness, Wheein could see the sparkle in Yongsun's eyes because of the dim light from the balcony. She was deliberately drowning herself in the magic of the elder's affection when Yong tossed her on the couch.

 "Ahhh!", Wheein had fell from the edge of the bed. Rubbing her eyes and trying to adapt to the shining sun outside...Wheein tried to look at the clock. It was past noon. "Oh !" She remembered the amazing dream she had just now and was embarrased about herself being so cringey. She rushed to the living room to see if the lover from her dream was still there. But to her dismay, she found Byul and Hyejin watching some funny reality show. "Ugh...she left. Was it all just a dream then." Disappointed, she went back to her room leaving the other roommates' calls unanswered. She went to find her phone and saw that she had an unread message. 

From: Yongsun Unnie 
      
"Omg...did something really happen then?", Wheein was excited as well as nervous about this.

The message read....

Hey, Wheein-ah!  Good morning Sweetie. I'm sorry for leaving before you woke up. Actually I had to report to my job today. Let's talk later. Take care.

All of this was so confusing, though the word Sweetie kinda hinted that something did happen. 

"Ughh...let's not think about this now. She said she'll talk later. Okay let's wash up for now" and Wheein went on to persue her morning routine.

"Ya...Jung Wheein, did you go deaf overnight? I called for you so many times" said the angry maknae.

"Oh..I'm sorry for that.I was just too sleepy."

"But for someone like you who has a good alcohol tolerance, you didn't even drink much yesterday!"

"Yeah, I didn't drink much right...I guess I was just tired". I didn't even drink much then how can I not remember last night properly, thought Wheein to herself.

"Uhuhh, stop it now...she's already tired and you're interrogating her as if she was about to get laid last night. Whee, there's some hangover soup left. Have it after you wash up."

After washing up, Wheein joined the other two watching the funny show. She laughed at the jokes and eventually thought about the girl with that contagious smile. Just the sound of her adorable laugh could make anyone join her. Even her smile is contagious. When she smiles, that cute little dimple at the corner of her lips...her lips...they're soft and s...

"Aish...Jung Wheein get a hold of yourself...no thinking about that!"

The three of them watched TV for sometime and had a light lunch later on. Hyejin decided to play some songs, as they could see the sun getting ready to set soon. They'd been listening to Red Velvet recently. 

They're a good group, Wheein thought to herself. They had good vocals and choreos. Wendy, their main vocalist was really good. It was Wendy's song she listened to last night, standing in the balcony. She played it for her.

I’m looking at you for a while
Wondering if you feel the same way
Of course, I really don’t know
It’s still so hard

My heart has slow footsteps
So with all my strength, I chased after you
Each step I take
You’re right there so why am I hesitating?

Ooh love love is, what is it, what is love?
Ooh love, what do I do? What if love?
You’re probably my

One one one my one
The only one one one you are
If this is love love love if love
What should I do, what should I do? what if this is the love!

Ughh...she can't take it anymore. With every hour she can't help but wonder what her Unnie was doing? How did she feel? Was everyhting real? or yet another crazy dream.

"Unnie" Wheein spoke up,"what about Yongsun Unnie? When did she leave?"

"Umm...she was gone when I woke up. But later she texted me saying she was needed at her work, so probably, she'd be working her off at the company."

"Ahh....is that so", Wheein expected a better answer. Something that could put her heart to ease.

"I actually don't get why this girl has to work so much. Like we have some security. There's no need for her to tire herself so much. Yet she's always bent on giving her best for everything."

Of course, Kim Yongsun wasn't ordinary. Wheein's dream lady was one passionate human. Wheein felt both attracted as well as respectful to this side of her Unnie.

"She's probably one of the most hardworking people I've ever met" Byul continued, "But it feels sad how such a person had no one beside her, neither family nor friends apart from us."

That's right! That was yet another aspect of her lovely Unnie, she'd never mention about any close friend or family or anyone else. She was very secretful about her very personal life, like her past or birth or the origin of her powers etc.

"So she lives alone? there's no one close to her?" asked Hyejin.

"There is an Unnie. Her name.....umm....Yonghee I guess. She visits her place sometimes and they've known each other since childhood. Currently, she's abroad I guess. I don't clearly remember. She doesn't talk about it much."

 All three of them were sitting there silently wondering as to what kind of secrets did their, ever cheerful, happy, dorky , Yeba Unnie was holding.

"It must be hard. I hope she takes care of herself" sighed Hyejin.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 After Dinner, they all went to their respective rooms to get some sleep. But Wheein couldn't. Her mind was filled with thoughts about the girl she's been missing since morning. She wanted to call her, numerous times but she was nervous. Also she wanted the other girl to have some space too. She opened her messenger.

'Sure, Unnie. Call me whenever you're free. Take care :)'  Wheein had replied her.

She'd been checking every now and then if there was a reply. But there was nothing but disappointment.She'd stopped checking since evening. She was kinda angry...like it doesn't talke long to atleast read and reply amessage right! Was she that busy! Still she decided to check it again. 

The message was seen. Yongsun had read the message! Still there was no reply from her. Now Wheein was a little mad. Looks nothing happened yesterday. Else she wouldn't ignore me like this.

"Ahh...", Wheein was emotionally strained. She rested her head against the headrest of the bed. 


A house. A room. Fire. The room was on fire. A small girl crunched up in the corner of the room. Screaming. Shouting. But wasn't asking to save herself. The 12 yr old some girl just had her eyes shut, hands clasped to her ears. It looked like someone in a panic attack. And then the house blew up with a boom.

 

Wheein woke up. She'd just dozed off for some time. But the stills from her dream were very fresh in her mind. She felt uneasy. The fire reminded her of Yongsun. She couldn't wait anymore. Wheein picked up her phone and call Yongsun. It rang. It was almost 1 am, not the best time to call. It kept on ringing. No answer. Perhaps she was sleeping. She must've had a tired day and couldn't help but fall asleep.

Giving up Wheein was about to cut the call after several rings, when the other side picked up.

Wheein spoke,"Hello! Unnie? Are you sleeping? "

There was no answer.

"It's okay Unnie, take rest I'll call you tommorow", with no reply from the other side Wheein guessed the other girl was sleeping. But then she heard deep breaths. She heard Yongsun panting, breathing heavily.

"Unnie? Are you okay?", Yongsun definitely didn't sound okay.

"Wheein-ah! Wheein-ah!" Yongsun spoke in a numb voice. It sounded as if there was no life in her voice. She sounded weak. In pain.

"Wheein-ah, please...please save me!"