From First to Last - SiWook

Falling in Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

'Introduce yourself,' the teacher repeated to the mousy teen, nonchalantly playing with his cufflinks idly. The teen cleared his throat and tightened his hold on his bright yellow knapsack, eyeing the class somewhat nervously. 

'Kim... Kim Ryeowook imnida,' he sufficed, throwing the teacher a pleading look and letting out a breath he didn't know he was holding when he was dismissed. 

'Raise your hand, Choi Siwon!'

Someone from the window seat raised their hand, eyes not tearing away from the sights outside. 

'Sit next to him.' 

 

 

Ryeowook pushed up his large glasses and side-glanced at his new partner for probably the ninth time that day - the boy never seemed interested in class activities and was always looking outside. The moment the bell rang, Ryeowook shuffled about to pack his belongings and felt a knuckle rap on his desk. Looking up, his eyes met his partner's and his breath hitched.

Choi Siwon was quite the handsome male. With his chiseled features, slightly-carved eyes, thin upper lip curled up invitingly and, from what Ryeowook could make out through the white shirt, muscular build and a hint of abs, Choi Siwon was definitely an eye-catcher. 

'Well? Let's get going!' 

All Ryeowook could do was stare with slightly parted lips.

'...'

'... What? I'm not gonna let you run around clueless. I'm gonna show you around!' Siwon exclaimed, lips curling and eyes crinkling into a warm smile that, in Ryeowook's head, lit up the entire room. 

 

 

Over the next few weeks, Ryeowook learnt a lot about Siwon - he was definitely not a book to be judged by its cover. Ryeowook imagined the other teen to be just another intimidating bad boy that girls fell over. The type that wasn't to be messed with, the type teachers wouldn't bother chiding - the stereotype. 

But Siwon was definitely something else. 

 

He was one who spaced out a lot but, if pulled up to answer anything, would give on-point answers. He had a sweet smile and was very humorous. He also seemed to have developed a new interest in scaring the younger by feigning anger whenever Ryeowook apologized for minute matters like not having enough egg rolls to share. 

 

Somewhere along the way, Choi Siwon dampened Ryeowook's plans of pushing through college without falling for anyone. Because his friendly attitude and ability to make Ryeowook smile by even making weird noises - something the younger usually dismissed with a grimace if anyone else delivered them - because of these simple things, Ryeowook found himself falling fo---

 

Ryeowook jumped and let out a gasp, feeling his heart go crazy as he felt the tip of a finger trace a single line down the nape of his neck. 

'God damn it, Siwon!' he cursed, frown melting the moment the other's deep laughter hit his ears. The younger felt Siwon massage the stiff muscles in his shoulder and let out a sigh. 

'God, that feels good.'

'What're you working on?'

'I'm...' the brunet trailed off with a mysterious smile playing out on his lips. Siwon mock-choked the seated male and frowned. 

'Tell me, tell me! What're you working on?'

'Just... writing out old memories to see if I can write romance for a change.'

Siwon let out a childish 'ooh' and set his phone by the computer, playing a song. 

'Siwon, what---'

 

Before he could complete his question, the raven-haired male eased him out of his revolving chair and took Ryeowook's small hand in his calloused one, pressing the other into the small of his back. 

'Somebody looks really good in my soccer shirt,' Siwon complimented, a smile curling up his lips as he felt Ryeowook throw his right arm round his soulders. 

'Gee, I wonder who,' the other joked, kneading the tense knots in Siwon's shoulder out of habit. 

'Which memory were you writing about?'

'The first day we met.'

They lapsed into a comfortable silence. 

'Remember our first dance?' Siwon chuckled, hugging Ryeowook closer and letting the smaller nuzzle his nose into his neck.

 

 

'Damn, this is so not fair!' Siwon stomped his foot down, a childish pout on his face. Ryeowook nudged his elbow and motioned him to lower his voice - the library was no place to scream, obviously. Siwon pulled Ryeowook's glasses and wore them, sticking his tongue out and playing with the leopard-print frame. 

'What isn't?'

'The farewell dance!' Siwon pouted, kicking Ryeowook's foot. Now used to the other's antics, Ryeowook paid them no heed. 

'Why?'

'We can only dance with girls. I don't want to dance with a girl.'

'Why not? There are so many girls waiting for you.'

Siwon mumbled something unintelligible and rested his head against the table, playing idly with Ryeowook's fingers. 

 

'Are you going?'

'I already told you, hyung. I'm not going, I can't deal with crowds that well.'

'... But you're staying for the first half, right?'

'Yes, hyung. I'm leaving only when the dance actually starts,' Ryeowook sighed, exasperated when Siwon shut the book on the smaller's forefinger. 

'I know!'

'You hurt my finger, hyung.'

'I'm sorry~' Siwon sheepishly grinned, grabbing the other's hand and raising it to his lips. Startled yet again, Ryeowook retreated his hand back immediately and shook his head to rid of the rising blush creeping up his neck. 

'What? It's only normal for me to kiss oos!'

'Don't say 'oo', hyung. You're nineteen,' Ryeowook chided, mentally biting back the words 'And you can't kiss my hand like that when I like you, it's not fair to me'. 

 

'Anyway, my plan was...' Siwon started, shoulders slightly slumped. 'Was... well... you'll see. Meet me at the library entrance tonight, okay? Eight thirty!' he grinned and left for soccer practice before the other could react. Ryeowook stared at his finger and sighed, packing his bags to head home. 

 

 

True to his unspoken word, Ryeowook waited for Siwon by the library entrance at eight thirty, shifting his weight from one leg to the other and tugging at his navy-blue blazer. He grumbled and took the blazer off, sitting on the stairs and checking his phone for the time. The energetic male would usually arrive only five minutes late, but fifteen minutes had already passed. Ryeowook's mind went back to his batchmates dancing the night away with their loved ones and the teen sighed. 

It definitely wasn't fair - that Siwon had to be his first friend, his first best friend. That Siwon made him kick his first soccer goal, wear his first contacts. That Siwon was the first contact on his phone who wasn't a family member. 

<
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter