Of Love and Birthdays - KaiSoo

Falling in Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Sunlight streamed into the room through the curtains, hitting the eyes of a fair male. He squinted and turned to the other side, only to face his boyfriend who was wide awake. 

"Mmh, good morning, love." 

"Happy birthday, love," the tanned male smiled and traced the other's features with his index finger. Kyungsoo leaned into Jongin's hand that cupped his cheek and sighed. Jongin pulled him closer and nuzzled their noses together. 

 

"Aah, it's so cold!" Kyungsoo shivered as a cold draft of wind strayed into the room through the open window. He nested himself under Jongin's chin, hiding his face in the other's toned chest. 

"You're so warm, it's so cold!" he exclaimed childishly. Jongin chuckled and tugged him up for another sweet kiss before pulling away completely. 

"Brush up quickly, there's a surprise for you downstairs." 

"You?"

"I woke up before you." 

 

Kyungsoo shrugged and completed his morning rituals heading down for breakfast. 

 

 

He stared at the small pile in his living room with wide eyes and flashed a gummy smile, placing his plate of Bull's Eye on the table. 

"Happy birthday, Kyungsoo-hyung!" the males scattered all over the room greeted with open arms. They engulfed him each in bear-hugs. 

 

 

 

"Start opening your presents!" Zitao clapped as the twelve men seated themselves on the stylish couches or the soft, carpeted floor. Jongin, of course, sat next to Kyungsoo and threw his arm behidn the couch. Kyungsoo opened the smallest gift first - it was a Rolex watch from Junmyeon. 

"Because your watch broke on New Year's," the elder reasoned. 

"Oh!" Chanyeol snapped his fingers. "Let's do this - as Kyungsoo opens our presents for him, we tell him why we chose it and what he means to us," the taller suggested, much to everyone's unanimous agreement. Junmyeon nodded and cleared his throat, looking at Kyungsoo right in the eyes. 

"Well, here goes. Do Kyungsoo, you're... well, a buddy. You're a great chef, you mother everyone around... you're someone I can rely on and know that nothing will go wrong when things are left to you. You're sensible, passionate, whole-heartedly dedicated to whatever is assigned to you. Honestly, what I say now is not all that I think. You mean a lot to me, and I'm glad that we're friends... and I hope we stay friends for a long, long time. Even longer than the watch's warranty. Oh, but the watch is long-lasting and of top-quality," Junmyeon finished, adding a sheepish statement in the end. Everyone chuckled and Kyungsoo smiled his thanks. 

 

Next, he unwrapped a box with more and more boxes inside. 

"Wow, I'm so excited, I--- huh?" 

Baekhyun suddenly hugged Kyungsoo's leg and grinned. 

"That's my first selfie of 2015, happy birthday and please keep me safe!" 

Everyone high-fived each other. 

"Hey!" Jongdae chirped. 

"Okay, I'm up! Well... Kyungie's stuck with me for a lot of stuff... he's the one person who won't probe me when I'm low. You get me, Kyung, and... yeah. Even when I want to be alone, you'll stay to support me but won't say a word because you know I want that silence. You're the guy I can bunk with, you're the guy I can look to when I need help. You're a great buddy who looks really ugly when he cries. But you're still a rare rock, and I'm not letting you go," Baekhyun grinned and clapped Kyungsoo on the knee and the two did their secret handshake. 

 

On and on went the heartfelt words and unwrapping of presents. Sentimental tears were shed by Zitao, jokes on Sehun being passive and cold were made by Jongdae, sweet words were uttered by Minseok, trips and unintended double-meanings were found in Yifan's sloppy words and so on. 

 

"What about this guy?" Sehun pointed to Jongin and raised an eyebrow. 

"End of the day, buddies," the tanned male winked. Jongin, Sehun and Zitao offered to get their specially-baked cake from the kitchen. The others talked on and on. 

 

"Hey! Where's that cake?" Jongdae called out - they got no reply. Intrigued, he sauntered off to the kitchen. 

"Hey, hey, hey! What do you think you're doing?!" Jongdae's shrill voice could be heard. Everyone turned to face the kitchen - Jongin, Zitao and Sehun entered the living room with shameless grins and flashed peace-signs triumphantly. They were followed by Jongdae, who was carrying a cream-less cake. 

 

"Ugh, these kids... they ate up the whole icing and even a bit of the cake!" 

Kyungsoo stared silently at the cake, not uttering a word from the wishes all the way till while everyone was eating. 

 

"I think our Kyungsoo's mad," Chanyeol chuckled. 

"Oh, , Satansoo's here," Baekhyun whined, shutting up the moment the birthday boy shot him a sharp look. 

"Hi, Byun Baekhyun," he grinned creepily. 

"You knew this would happen," Lu Han laughed, giving Sehun a high-five of approval. 

 

 

 

 

The rest of the day was spent in playing games, eating lunch at a classy restaurant and the likes. By evening, Kyungsoo was worn out big time. 

 

"You're yet to receive my gift!" Jongin sang, back-hugging his boyfriend and pecking his neck. Kyungsoo tilted his head to g

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter